Stats: 3,155,600 members, 7,827,263 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:47 AM

Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! (2730 Views)

Shocking Picture Of What Magu Saw After Leaving The Senate Chambers (photos) / Buhari Is Sick, Has Meniere Disease (Ear Infection) - Premium Times / President Buhari's Convoy Leaving The Defence House Yesterday. Photos (2) (3) (4)

Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by OKURINMETA: 11:39pm On May 28, 2015
hello everyone, last night for the first time I read the promises of Buhari and as a student of International Relations, the foreign policy struck a cord with me! He's leaving the west out!!!
My point of analysis is the third point on his foreign policy agenda of having partnership with BRICS(Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa), he also pinpointed that he will contribute to regional integration of ECOWAS with view of free trade zone and common currency as well as maintaining a strong and frank relationship with our partner on the golf of Guinea...
I hereby posit that he's leaving the west out or as we say in International Relations parlance his government is a revisionist government as against the status quo of the former government! his intention to connect with the BRIC is an attempt to find alternative to foreign partnership which is against the Margaret Thatcher's view of TINA(there is no alternative), this is a conscious effort of buhari to partner with the growing economies of the world which is an alternative to the western dominated philosophy which breds imabance and economic colonialism, this attempt reveals the perspective of the president which is structuralist and in some ways mercantilist in nature;by partnering with the BRIC he is closing doors to the IMF and World Bank and using this medium to curb their operations in the country. This is a welcome development because the Breton wood institutions have always been suspected of driving western influence into the countries of the third world at the latter expense.
Much more, by partnering with the BRICS he has the opportunity and power to engage in mercantilist policies that will boost the economic wellbeing of the state just like China did and is doing.. furthermore, since Nigeria is part of the emerging market there's no better place to be than with the BRICS which has population and alternative approach to IPE(international political economy),i also envisage the name being changed to BRINCS(brazil, russia, india,NIGERIA,china and south Africa),it should be noted that the western counties of this age used the mercantilist ladder to achieve their aims and afterwards kicked the ladder away from other countries sadly the third world and they impose free trade on them all, also this strategic partnership of Baba is a good one cos this partnership bring naija closer to China and Russia which are in the security council and have veto power on some decision, we can also use their model of development and integrate it into our system bearing in mind our socio-economic cum political historical difference.
The plan of Baba to further integrate ECOWAS deserves applause and I as a scholar have long clamored for it, one of the reasons for the inefficiency of AU is that the regional African organizations are not efficient, if they are,the AU is empowered and will focus on more important issues which should have been discussed at the regional level for example I opine that the Bakassi issue should have been settled at the regional level but that's story for another day.. Common currency has always been a good idea that dies on arrival, this currency is very efficient for the exchange of goods and services and also have regional impact, the most important aspect of that policy is the free trade in the region, this is very good in the sense that it limits corruption at our borders plus makes for free-flow of goods and services without restriction, in my view this is the ideal free-trade idea as against the world's idea of it.. it is more possible in the region plus this free trade will increase business opportunities and it will be a good trigger for the ECOWAS rail way connecting the counties making business more efficient,also, it will curb the infrastructural deficiency among the ECOWAS member states. This common currency is more possible now that there's a new government in power and Adeshina is the new president of ADFB, the Bank can regulate the currency and implement policies for better economic development..Also the free flow of trade and services will boost the tourism sector of the member states.Although there's security threat in the region and all other vices; the Ecomog comes in handy, they can become more specialized and more efficient not just in peace keeping operations and when conflict arises between nations in the ECOWAS , a court can be set up to look into conflict, this would have been a good place to resolve the Bakassi conflict as against the ICJ's involvement. Also, if Nigeria can make all these happen in collaboration with the other Ecowas nations, ECOWAS becomes stronger and Nigeria increaes its power and influence in the comity of nations.Its a good step in the right direction..as Marley has said Africa needs to unite because only we can help ourselves and this step is vital in making this a reality..
The policy also highlighted South Africa and this is important because SA is a good partner and should heartily welcome us into BRICS but the word frank reveals that the government of the day will not Rob it in like the former governments, we should expect a mutual benefiting relationship void of prejudice and biases.
Also, the other agenda of close and frank relationship within the gulf of guinea, for me is a revisionist step as the words suggest CLOSE and FRANK, I think some declaration and treaties will be revised, this gulf is important to Nigeria because of the resources in the gulf, to better harness the potential of the gulf a good and close partnership is important, the word FRANK reveals that Nigeria might review some agreement over that region perhaps the Bakassi peninsula issue might be revisited!!, this is good because the ICJ did great disservice to the nation and those in peninsula by giving the land to Cameroon as against the wishes of the people ( writing my project on it, contact me if u need more on that).
All these steps and ideas are important but more important is the person driving the changes in person of our foreign affairs team and the willingness of other members of the international body.

can contact me via email @kingzion4ever@yahoo.com
Thank you

Re: Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by chekasforchekas: 11:40pm On May 28, 2015
Says who?
Re: Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by elipheleh(m): 11:41pm On May 28, 2015
What do you expect from a dauradullard.
This Buhari is certificateless and a sponsor of bokoharam so betraying the west us no news.

Re: Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by bunmititi(f): 11:47pm On May 28, 2015
he cannot leave the west out.
we made him.
he will fail if he tries it.
Re: Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by nzeobi(m): 11:52pm On May 28, 2015
bunmititi:
he cannot leave the west out. we made him. he will fail if he tries it.
Read before rushing to talk trash. West reffered to is not western nigeria.

25 Likes

Re: Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by nzeobi(m): 11:54pm On May 28, 2015
I suppport him on that, is it the west that will tell us to accept same sex marriage as conditions for aid.
But he should minimise his visits to UK

Re: Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by Freelancer00(m): 11:57pm On May 28, 2015
elipheleh:
This Buhari is certificateless and a sponsor of bokoharam so betraying the west us no news.
Imagine a dullard being your president for the next 4 years and you that you're not a dullard is here acting keyboard warrior. You can't get to the level of the dullard like this

Re: Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by dustmalik: 11:58pm On May 28, 2015
But he just got back from Great Britain where he met with the Prime minister and discussed various issues, including Security. So how exactly is he sidelining the west? What you sighted were part of his campaign promises. It doesn't necessarily mean those are the only countries he will be partnering with.

Re: Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by bunmititi(f): 12:00am On May 29, 2015
Freelancer00:
Imagine a dullard being your president for the next 4 years and you that you're not a dullard is here acting keyboard warrior. You can't get to the level of the dullard like this

it is a pity.
may we never get a dullard as president!

God! Ahbeg!
Give our president-elect sense!

Re: Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by kenny987(f): 12:03am On May 29, 2015
Wow! Nigerians! Some myopic ones here have jumped to d conclusion that d op referred to the S/W...kai! Just take d pains to read!
bunmititi:
we made him.

@op: It's all well and good but whatever the case, Nigeria must be careful not to sell her birth right and real independence cos it's dog-eat-dog out there. China and Russia will dominate n crush if given the opportunity so I hope the affairs of this nation are steered properly to avoid regrets later

Re: Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by tomakint: 12:07am On May 29, 2015
bunmititi:
we made him.
The West here are the World Power Countries like USA, Britain and their allies like Germany, France, Japan and not the other way round.
Re: Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by demelza: 12:09am On May 29, 2015
bunmititi:

it is a pity.

God! Ahbeg!
LOL!
That dullard is your BOSS!
#Bow Down

Re: Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by Nobody: 12:17am On May 29, 2015
d western countries are enemies to d black nations and arabs.they know the blacks have power and arabs hav resources if dis pple hav peace in their countries that tin kall superpower is gone

Re: Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by Nobody: 5:01am On May 29, 2015
elipheleh:

Read the post first and adjust your stupidity!

Re: Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by Rawani: 5:34am On May 29, 2015
elipheleh:

bunmititi:

it is a pity.

God! Ahbeg!

You call someone a 'certificateless' dullard yet you can't read a simple article to know the author was referring to western nations and not western Nigeria. Shame.

@OP I share in your excitement and anticipation of this revisionist policy direction as aligning with the BRICS countries will help sever the umbilical cord which enslaves ties us to organizations such as the IMF which have only succeeded in perpetuating the 'third world' syndrome. However I think Buhari should be tactical, strategic and diplomatic in handling the west to avoid 'circumstances beyond our control'.

Sai Baba.

Re: Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by PassingShot(m): 5:36am On May 29, 2015
The document you refer to does not represent his actual policy direction. That document was before the APC convention that produced him as a candidate and there have been many developments since that may have meant a change in policy direction. Example of such is the support he later got from UK,US and EU for his presidency whereas he may not have imagined they will support it.

That Vanguard even produced that "fake" document is worisome. Fake in the sense that Buhari never said he will equate 1naira to 1 dollar and that he will stabilize oil price. Those two were deliberately inserted by a wicked writer and how you know is that, of all the "promises" captured, those two were the only ones not followed up with an explanation on how to achieve them.

By tomorrow in sha Allah, I will do a thread to expose this wicked lies.

Re: Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by omenka(m): 5:45am On May 29, 2015
elipheleh:
I'm very sure this foolish bigot thought his favourite meal has been served so he rushed to comment not knowing the Op wasn't even referring to the west of Nigeria but the World (US/Europe).

Re: Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by Nobody: 5:46am On May 29, 2015
Buhari is a diplomat and like Obasanjo, he is not a type to be push around by western powers ..... The western has interests in Nigeria also the western need Nigeria to help them seal, harness or protect some Interests in West Africa and Africa entirely in return for some mutual benefits Nigeria also stand to gain by rising to such responsibilities .......

Nonetheless, The western bloc couldn't stop Buhari for seeking economic advancement with the BRICS or even joining the BRICS, if the BRICS stands to help Nigeria to solidify some certain sectors without infringing on the interests of the Western Blocs ........

Buhari is a diplomat and I believe he has started building his connections right away by his frequent travels, more of those travels will come after inauguration, same way Obasanjo did in 1999 .......... I expect mutual understanding and Respect on Nigeria's Bilateral relations with any power/economic bloc during this administration ............. AFDB partners/members has shown it to welcome Buhari , Buhari's campaign for Adeshina goes a long way in swinging the votes. Adeshina might not have been elected if it were to be GEJ's return.

The western bloc knows Buhari will stand his grand based on Justice and equity if they try to cheat or become bully.......

Sai Baba.

Re: Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by owobokiri(m): 5:53am On May 29, 2015
Not when he is stuck in their hospitals for the rest of his life managing (a most probably western induced) terminal illness. He is a naive old man who thinks paying symbolic homage at 10 Downing street will get him into anybodys good books. The west have done their studies and have decided to make him the governor general here. He got his marching orders , most probably when he went there last time for the chatham house charade. With the benefit of hindsight, aware of his removal, incaceration and humuliation last time he deviated, he is gonna be a good boy this time. . All those APC so called policy statements are what they are; political statements drafted by some restless interns to hoodwink the gaullible.

Re: Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by Rawani: 5:57am On May 29, 2015
owobokiri:
[s]Not when he is stuck in their hospitals for the rest of his life managing (a most probably western induced) terminal illness. He is a naive old man who thinks paying symbolic homage at 10 Downing street will get him into anybodys good books. The west have done their studies and have decided to make him the governor general here. He got his marching orders , most probably when he went there last time for the chatham house charade. With the benefit of hindsight, aware of his removal, incaceration and humuliation last time he deviated, he is gonna be a good boy this time. . All those APC so called policy statements are what they are; political statements drafted by some restless interns to hoodwink the gaullible.[/s]

Re: Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by Nobody: 6:16am On May 29, 2015
owobokiri:
Not when he is stuck in their hospitals for the rest of his life managing (a most probably western induced) terminal illness. He is a naive old man who thinks paying symbolic homage at 10 Downing street will get him into anybodys good books. The west have done their studies and have decided to make him the governor general here. He got his marching orders , most probably when he went there last time for the chatham house charade. With the benefit of hindsight, aware of his removal, incaceration and humuliation last time he deviated, he is gonna be a good boy this time. . All those APC so called policy statements are what they are; political statements drafted by some restless interns to hoodwink the gaullible.
Ask ursef what is the correlation between what you posted here and the article in the Op ...... some of you guys are just senile...... ...... Buhari's name drive u people more crazier than normal ...... even your cash cow GEJ is courting buhari unnecessarily, I won't be surprised if Jonathan joined APC ...... Jonathan as PDP member showing Buhari around state house, asking Nigerians to pray for Buhari blah blah ...........GEJ is playing nice guy and directed all his agents to play the same card and Jonathan knows that APC principles and Policies being led by erudite Nigerians like Baba himself, Jagaban, Amaechi, Osinbajo, Fashola, Rabiu Musa Kwankasiya etc etc is where a sound Ph.D holder wanna be part of and those policies and her adherents are the way forward for NIgeria

You wanna compare them with Diezanni, Stella Oduah, FFK, Orubebe, Abati, Maku, Clark, Okupe, Obanikoro, Muazu, Mantu, Ahmadu........ can any of them even match Atiku to talk of Obasanjo....... can they match Buhari's popularity ..... can any of them match Jagaban alone ....... other than Diezanni , Iweala, aganga and Adeshina, no member of GEJ's cabinet has international appeal not even GEJ himself ..... these guys ain't even popular among their people and that is why they failed uncle jona .....

you called them interns, can Abati, Okupe, reno omokri and labaran maku win Lai Mohammed alone in a debate grin grin

Re: Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by notttty(m): 7:03am On May 29, 2015
Systematically leaving the West out on economic sense but in terms of security brick can't provide or help tame the beast of book harm. My suggestion is deal with brick economic wise while buy arms from the west and also seek security aids from the west cos even though Russia cN satisfy us militarily the West will block or jeopardize any of their effort cos of their frosty relationship with the West. My take tho.. Might have a better view.
Re: Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by Waspy(m): 7:18am On May 29, 2015
bunmititi:
we made him.
he will fail if he tries it
Benjamin Bebeto. Read before you comment.

Re: Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by arsetalks(m): 7:24am On May 29, 2015
elipheleh:
Did you read the article? No. You just exposed yourself as a proper foool

Re: Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by kreamidiva(f): 7:38am On May 29, 2015
Ndi ara juru ebe a. Chai!

Baba knows what he's doing. Make una relax. If aligning with BRIC and running a revisionist government is the best way to stabilize the economy of Nigeria, fight corruption and restore us to our lost glory, then by all means let him do. But one thing I knoe for sure is that Baba would not take decisions that would be detrimental to the future of Nigeria by sidelining the West.
Re: Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by owobokiri(m): 7:52am On May 29, 2015
Lushcream:
Ask ursef what is the correlation between what you posted here and the article in the Op ...... some of you guys are just senile...... ...... Buhari's name drive u people more crazier than normal ...... even your cash cow GEJ is courting buhari unnecessarily, I won't be surprised if Jonathan joined APC ...... Jonathan as PDP member showing Buhari around state house, asking Nigerians to pray for Buhari blah blah ...........GEJ is playing nice guy and directed all his agents to play the same card and Jonathan knows that APC principles and Policies being led by erudite Nigerians like Baba himself, Jagaban, Amaechi, Osinbajo, Fashola, Rabiu Musa Kwankasiya etc etc is where a sound Ph.D holder wanna be part of and those policies and her adherents are the way forward for NIgeria

You wanna compare them with Diezanni, Stella Oduah, FFK, Orubebe, Abati, Maku, Clark, Okupe, Obanikoro, Muazu, Mantu, Ahmadu........ can any of them even match Atiku to talk of Obasanjo....... can they match Buhari's popularity ..... can any of them match Jagaban alone ....... other than Diezanni , Iweala, aganga and Adeshina, no member of GEJ's cabinet has international appeal not even GEJ himself ..... these guys ain't even popular among their people and that is why they failed uncle jona .....

you called them interns, can Abati, Okupe, reno omokri and labaran maku win Lai Mohammed alone in a debate grin grin

Emotional rants! Nothing but. . The op is a student of international politics and I was trying to state facts as they are. If you ever think that the west, especially the yanks and the brits supported buhari because of any love for Nigeria and not TOTALLY based on their respective self interest, , then you have nothing to do on this thread. All these excited talks about buhari not being anybodys pushover are just peurile rants by a colony of over excited but dangerously ignorant followers. Does he need to be pushed? He is about to move into Aso rock biult and 'furnished' by western firms, cars, planes, helicopters produced by western companies. To you, these are irrelivant, but Murtala, Abacha and Buhari know better. Put succintly; the west only installs stooges!

Re: Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by mubarakopeyemi(m): 8:41am On May 29, 2015
Those that are knowledgable knows the West meant no good for the Black people, Africans. They don't want Africa to Rise because they see the potential in Us. Buhari's time is surely a time of Change.

The west is the real enemy.

Ask Iran, Iraq, Syria, Libya.

The west made them what they are today.

The west made Libya what it is today in the name of democracy.

You want Nigeria to fall also for the west?
Its Africa's Time to Rise, the West meant no good for nations with potentials.
Buhari has a good plan.

The WEST should therefore be leftout.

Re: Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by talktimi(m): 8:46am On May 29, 2015
bunmititi:
we made him.
shocked CHAI olodo...
Re: Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by mubarakopeyemi(m): 8:59am On May 29, 2015
owobokiri:

You're a Sensibly Foolish retard and a well resource beaten Ignorant.
You're an educated illiterate who knows nothing.
Keep calm and watch Buhari being sworn in.
and also, for the sake of Nairaland and Nigeria as a whole, Receive sense in the name of God!
If you don't clear the Virus in you, we would clear it for you.
Once again, Receive Sense!

Re: Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by Enahi(f): 9:50am On May 29, 2015
Wow, if this is true then I have no choice but to LOVE BUHARI.
Re: Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by basilo101: 11:15am On May 29, 2015
Freelancer00:
same way d clueless one had been ur president for 6 yrs.
Re: Buhari Is Leaving The West Out!!! by owobokiri(m): 6:34pm On May 29, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Thanks for dashing me sense..

mubarakopeyemi:

You're a Sensibly Foolish retard and a well resource beaten Ignorant.
You're an educated illiterate who knows nothing.
Keep calm and watch Buhari being sworn in.
and also, for the sake of Nairaland and Nigeria as a whole, Receive sense in the name of God!
If you don't clear the Virus in you, we would clear it for you.
Once again, Receive Sense!

Buhari Declares His Assets On Facebook, Says He Has ONLY One Million NGN / You Have A Plot Of Land But You Don't Know The Location,is It Possible? / PMB deserve Some credit despite d Inconclusive Election. A counter 2 Ben Bruce

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81