Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

MTN Truetalk Plus Is A SCAM! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Truetalk Plus Is A SCAM! (12404 Views)

Tecno L9 And Tecno L9 Plus Is Coming Soon, See Rumored Specs And Images / Best Alternative To MTN Truetalk+ Tariff Plan (MTN Smoothtalk Plus) / Glo Gbam + (plus) Is The Cheapest Glo Call Tariff Plan Of 11k/sec To All Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Truetalk Plus Is A SCAM! by Nobody: 9:46am On May 29, 2015
This is to inform the general public that MTN south Africa operating as mtn Nigeria has no atom of respect for its customers. MNT as some China phones call it just made noise with their true talk plus and some of us migrated to it immediately. I discovered today that MTN started billing me more than the supposed 11k/sec that they claim true talk plus subscribers are meant to be charged. Please if you are using truetalk plus be warned! See the attached screen shot. That is my third call this morning meaning they have charged their supposed N5 access fee. 336sec by 11k is N36.96k but see what they billed me. What really drew my attention to the scam was that I called someone for 41sec and was billed over N8 Please who knows if one can still port? I am porting to Etisalat first thing Monday morning! I cant allow xenophobia attack on my call credit!

2 Likes

Re: MTN Truetalk Plus Is A SCAM! by listenmore: 4:12pm On May 29, 2015
They have changed the tarrif, d bad part is, we were not informed.
#Lalastica
Re: MTN Truetalk Plus Is A SCAM! by Femistico(m): 5:27pm On May 29, 2015
You knw dere is truetalk and truetalk+ mayb its truetalk dat u migrated to which u can only calls registered 11 nos @0.11k/sec...

1 Like

Re: MTN Truetalk Plus Is A SCAM! by vanchi(m): 6:00pm On May 29, 2015
the idiots have changed it to 15k per second... time to port to etisalat
Re: MTN Truetalk Plus Is A SCAM! by vodacom: 6:10pm On May 29, 2015
jcmaiah:
This is to inform the general public that MTN south Africa operating as mtn Nigeria has no atom of respect for its customers. MNT as some China phones call it just made noise with their true talk plus and some of us migrated to it immediately. I discovered today that MTN started billing me more than the supposed 11k/sec that they claim true talk plus subscribers are meant to be charged. Please if you are using truetalk plus be warned! See the attached screen shot. That is my third call this morning meaning they have charged their supposed N5 access fee. 336sec by 11k is N36.96k but see what they billed me. What really drew my attention to the scam was that I called someone for 41sec and was billed over N8 Please who knows if one can still port? I am porting to Etisalat first thing Monday morning! I cant allow xenophobia attack on my call credit!
sorry bro Ncc bound MTN from charging 11k/sec
.part of their terms and conditions are, they reserve the right to change tariff without your knowledge. your current tariff is MTN true talk after doing the calculation
https://www.nairaland.com/2333887/ncc-halts-mtns-new-tariff
Re: MTN Truetalk Plus Is A SCAM! by walexyll(m): 2:03am On May 30, 2015
Are u sure of what u posted? I am on true talk+ and I just called my second line to confirm ur case and I was charged 11k . See screenshot...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Truetalk Plus Is A SCAM! by Segadem(m): 5:24am On May 30, 2015
walexyll:
Are u sure of what u posted? I am on true talk+ and I just called my second line to confirm ur case and I was charged 11k . See screenshot...
she is on true talk,
true talk+ is still normal the last time I check.
Re: MTN Truetalk Plus Is A SCAM! by scarr: 7:30am On May 30, 2015
So quick to shout scam undecided undecided undecided
Re: MTN Truetalk Plus Is A SCAM! by Nobody: 9:22am On May 30, 2015
I thought it was only me that noticed it.
Re: MTN Truetalk Plus Is A SCAM! by Nobody: 9:30am On May 30, 2015
Port to etisalat and get peace of mind. It's a flawless network cheesy
Re: MTN Truetalk Plus Is A SCAM! by civilserva: 9:58pm On May 30, 2015
The op is correct
Re: MTN Truetalk Plus Is A SCAM! by donhils: 10:18pm On May 30, 2015
walexyll:
That's how they'll start crying wolf wolf when in essence they can't differentiate a wolf from a sheep.
Re: MTN Truetalk Plus Is A SCAM! by bholuwatifhe(m): 10:41pm On Jul 12, 2015
Sims itz 2rue bro....doze mother fucker are crook

Re: MTN Truetalk Plus Is A SCAM! by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 12, 2015
na una dey give the yeye network wings to fly... PORT and fvcking leave them the fvck alone

They messed up with me i returned the same favour in double.
They charged me 100 bucks in order to switch to TT+ from TT but they never did and they never returned my bucks

You know what?

I borrowed airtime from them(200 bucks) and switched to etisalat and can't be happier

No hidden charges
No auto 5 bucks per day
No auto switch to previous plan if min of 5 bucks isn't left in your account
No more spam messages

1 Like

Re: MTN Truetalk Plus Is A SCAM! by meshachdbuzz(m): 12:06pm On Jul 13, 2015
if u don't understand trutalk plus ask questions if u ave any bonus or u borrowed and u avant make any call for DAT day u wont b charge 5# so u will charge 20k... cuz dey can't deduct 5# from ur bonus or borrowed airtime even if u ave money on ur main account
Re: MTN Truetalk Plus Is A SCAM! by steco4real: 6:48am On Jul 14, 2015
ollah1:
na una dey give the yeye network wings to fly... PORT and fvcking leave them the fvck alone

They charged me 100 bucks in order to switch to TT+ from TT but they never did and they never returned my bucks

You know what?

I borrowed airtime from them(200 bucks) and switched to etisalat and can't be happier

No hidden charges
No auto 5 bucks per day
No more spam messages
pls how do i port my mtn line to etisalat? And how does it work? Tnx
Re: MTN Truetalk Plus Is A SCAM! by samintegrity(m): 7:50am On Jul 14, 2015
Hmmmmm.. I never trusted that tarrif, i saw it weeks ago, put a call thru to their customer call agent, and i became weary when i was told that the #5 daily fee will be charged every 12:00am, either you make call or not, unlike the likes of Glo and ETISALAT that charges you upon you initiation of your first call for the day which to me is much safer since you getting value for your money, another thing that made me said to myself Sam, you definitely don't need this is that if by 12:00am there isn't up to #5 in your acct thus you cudnt be charged, You instantly be migrated back to your previous tarrif plan

To me that's way out of it. Which literally means, you be needing #100 to migrate back to the said True Talk plus. Thats just too out of it.

Well i guess we should start reading their so called terms and conditions.
Re: MTN Truetalk Plus Is A SCAM! by MicroBox: 8:53am On Jul 14, 2015
Everyday before your first call dial *315# I think that would be save...
Re: MTN Truetalk Plus Is A SCAM! by JideTheBlogger(m): 2:24pm On Aug 04, 2015
Do the calculation based on the rate here.
Re: MTN Truetalk Plus Is A SCAM! by Oshomo12(m): 7:14pm On Aug 04, 2015
True talk+ doesn't exit! You get billed at 0.195kobo to MTN lines and 0.31kobo to other networks. The funniest part of this is that, the scamming network will show that your calls will be charged at 11kobo/sec to all networks!
Re: MTN Truetalk Plus Is A SCAM! by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 05, 2015
I have ported the useless mtn line to Airtel! at least I now enjoy 11k/s for real! Why is mtn so greedy?
Re: MTN Truetalk Plus Is A SCAM! by Mekzmoney(m): 6:41pm On Aug 16, 2015
What tariff plan is beta in etisalat to make calls plz? M using bb, so I don't tink I will need dia data.

ollah1:

You know what?

No hidden charges
No auto 5 bucks per day
No more spam messages
Re: MTN Truetalk Plus Is A SCAM! by Mekzmoney(m): 6:52pm On Aug 16, 2015
Its only broke guys dat always complain abt d charges....... grin grin grin

When d money is there, u don't tink abt wat dia charging. All u do is to continue making calls and wen ur acc is empty,u will recharge.... cheesy

So guys stop complaining and go and make money tongue
Re: MTN Truetalk Plus Is A SCAM! by Sugarjoe: 7:31pm On Sep 06, 2015
Very funny, so it doesn't matter to properly account how your money is spent and what value you get when you spend it when one start to make money?
Mekzmoney:

When d money is there, u don't tink abt wat dia charging. All u do is to continue making calls and wen ur acc is empty,u will recharge.... cheesy

Re: MTN Truetalk Plus Is A SCAM! by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 08, 2015
Mekzmoney:

I can really see how rich you are!
Re: MTN Truetalk Plus Is A SCAM! by Mekzmoney(m): 3:49pm On Sep 08, 2015
Of course.. I am rich.. U don't knw anytin abt me, so u won't understand..
jcmaiah:

I can really see how rich you are!
Re: MTN Truetalk Plus Is A SCAM! by gwas(m): 7:31pm On Sep 13, 2015
Mekzmoney:

This is thrash!

It's not about being broke, it's about getting the services you paid for.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

The Latest Mtn Free Call Code Is Here... Mtn Awoof Is Back And Better / Airtel New Data Plans, 6gb For N500 And 2gb For N200 / Unlocking Phone Security Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.