Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances (2009 Views)

Lawmakers Aides Protest Non-payment Of Salaries And Allowances In Abuja (photos) / Salary And Allowances Of NASS Members Revealed At Last - Vanguard / FG Govt Borrows N473bn To Pay Salaries And Overheads. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances by seunshrek(m): 1:44pm On May 29, 2015
El Rufai has decided to take a 50% paycut in salaries and allowances. This tweet was posted a while ago by omojuwa on twitter. Change is Here!!!

1 Like

Re: El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 29, 2015
What about the land that he allocated to himself and his family when he was FCT Minister? APC can only deceive themselves

“27, 646 plots of Abuja land were allocated to Nigerians out which nine plots were allocated to the Obasanjos and eleven plots were allocated to members of el-Rufai’s immediate and extend families who applied for plots of land at the Abuja Geographic Information System (AGIS).
“Every Nigerian is entitled to a plot of land in Abuja according to the Land Use Act. If you apply to AGIS for a plot of land, legally, it is your right to be allocated one. Members of Obasanjo’s family and those of el-Rufai’s immediate and extended families are Nigerians.
“In any case, the former Minister has not breached any due process or any law in this circumstance. Besides, he has not exhibited greed. He could have used his office to grab as many as 500 plots if he were greedy and unconcerned about the sensibilities of Nigerians.
El-Rufai 2008 (Defends Allocation of 11 plots of Abuja land to himself and family)

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances by Pergrace: 1:46pm On May 29, 2015
Others should follow suit

2 Likes

Re: El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances by Mogidi: 1:46pm On May 29, 2015
He made enough over the years, he had that lucrative portfolio of being FCT minister, used fronts to allocate choice plots to himself, niceeee.
Re: El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances by cutesmilez(f): 1:47pm On May 29, 2015
Nice move

3 Likes

Re: El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances by acenazt: 1:47pm On May 29, 2015
Nice one my Governor mallam rusau and bala bantex.
Re: El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances by seunshrek(m): 1:47pm On May 29, 2015
I'm really impressed!

2 Likes

Re: El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances by Princecalm(m): 1:50pm On May 29, 2015
that of PBM coming soon.
Re: El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 29, 2015
Mogidi:
He made enough over the years, he had that lucrative portfolio of FTC ministry, used fronts to allocate choice plots to himself, niceeee.
Please read the comment above you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances by Mogidi: 1:55pm On May 29, 2015
barcanista:
What about the land that he allocated to himself and his family when he was FCT Minister? APC can only deceive themselves

El-Rufai 2008 (Defends Allocation of 11 plots of Abuja land to himself and family)

Hmm!
El-Rufai's great great great grand children would never need to work.

1 Like

Re: El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 29, 2015
Mogidi:

Hmm!
El Rufai is just fooling himself. They think we have forgotten

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances by SHARIAREPORTERS: 2:01pm On May 29, 2015
Lol
I laff in daura
Wen d devil(apc) gives ya gift wif d rite hand, make sure he's got not left hand, else na story we go dhe hear
Re: El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances by TRUTHTOPOWER: 2:04pm On May 29, 2015
seunshrek:
El Rufai has decided to take a 50% paycut in salaries and allowances. This tweet was posted a while ago by omojuwa on twitter. Change is Here!!!

50% pay cut in what was 85% outrageous is a significant leap. But the Gov must in the next 100 days justify keeping 50% of the current disproportionate regime!
Re: El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances by themilanway(m): 2:08pm On May 29, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2173130/inside-jonathans-controversial-mega-farm

GEJ fans are bloody hypocrite.

Pay them attention at your peril.

5 Likes

Re: El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances by ElekeNtioba: 2:08pm On May 29, 2015
So basically after amassing wealth as a govt official elsewhere he's now positioning himself as a non-greedy politician....smh

i cant tell which is more painful to watch....gullible nigerians or deceitful politicians

1 Like

Re: El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances by Realdeals(m): 2:08pm On May 29, 2015
Is that so?
Re: El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances by Obipat(m): 2:11pm On May 29, 2015
Mogidi:
He made enough over the years, he had that lucrative portfolio of being FCT minister, used fronts to allocate choice plots to himself, niceeee.
. He is 100% better than Jonathan that used 1billion naira to eat. Thank God the ogogoro man is gone. Dancing shoki

3 Likes

Re: El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances by BossAyuk: 2:13pm On May 29, 2015
the tanoids above can keep on wailing and shedding tears of pain on this thread.

ex-president Jonathan is almost forgotten less than a day after handing over and some jobless tanoids feel they are consequential.

el-rufai's action is a step in the right direction, I expect his subordinates to follow suit.

sai buhari
sai apc
sai better Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances by Obipat(m): 2:17pm On May 29, 2015
barcanista:
El Rufai is just fooling himself. They think we have forgotten
. How old re u? Somebody has taken a right instead of u to commend him, u are here talking rubbish. Compare him with Jonathan dat was feeding with 1billion naira! ThankGod we chased him out. Thunda fire tanoIds and Gej

3 Likes

Re: El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances by Ymodulus: 2:18pm On May 29, 2015
Change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

El-Rufai. After Buhari, El-Rufai is the next politician i can die for.

-Ymodulus
"I am for everybody; And I am for nobody. - @MBuhari. #EagleSquare #DemocracyDay #NewNigeria"

1 Like

Re: El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances by Obipat(m): 2:21pm On May 29, 2015
I'm happy to witness today. I'm impressed with El-rufai. God bless el-rufai, God bless PMB, God bless APC, God bless NIgeria must be great but Biafra is not bad idea. I hate GEJ!

1 Like

Re: El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances by tiger28: 2:38pm On May 29, 2015
Mogidi:

Hmm!
if that's the case, why is the FIRST of all politicians in the history of politics in Nigeria to do so?? Why hasn't any politician done so??

1 Like

Re: El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances by kenedy175(m): 2:54pm On May 29, 2015
Nice Move! waiting for others to do the needful.
Re: El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 29, 2015
I remember Okorocha gimmicks, this scam is now stale plz elrufai collect your salary and do great things for kaduna
Re: El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances by Ariyke: 3:06pm On May 29, 2015
Good
Re: El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 29, 2015
He should start his sincerity by returning the stolen/looted 11 plots of land to the public and apologise for his deeds
Obipat:
. How old re u? Somebody has taken a right instead of u to commend him, u are here talking rubbish. Compare him with Jonathan dat was feeding with 1billion naira! ThankGod we chased him out. Thunda fire tanoIds and Gej
Re: El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 29, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I remember Okorocha gimmicks, this scam is now stale plz elrufai collect your salary and do great things for kaduna
them tell you say him mean am?
Re: El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances by seunshrek(m): 3:44pm On May 29, 2015
Mogidi:

At least appreciate the gesture...how many of our past leaders accepted a paycut??
Re: El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances by abduljabbar4(m): 3:54pm On May 29, 2015
God bless Nigeria
Re: El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances by SHARIAREPORTERS: 3:56pm On May 29, 2015
abduljabbar4:
God bless Nigeria
Wish nigeria No deceive urself
Re: El Rufai Takes 50% Paycut In Salaries And Allowances by bnovative(m): 4:25pm On May 29, 2015
cheap publicity stunt. Tell him that we know governors don't even touch their salaries and allowances, cos there are so many hidden ways they make their cash; including using security votes which they don't account for. So stop fooling your naive followers.

(1) (Reply)

Court Of Appeal Sacks APC Federal Lawmaker, an Ex-Kogi Speaker, orders rerun / Elder Statesman,Senator Adekunle Agunbiade(LACO),Is Dead / Photos From Bola Tinubu's Son's White Wedding In Italy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.