Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,833 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Buhari: High Hopes And The Obvious Reality - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: High Hopes And The Obvious Reality (734 Views)

2016: CSOs Score Buhari High, Urges Nigerians To Pray For Better 2017 / Nigerians Rate Buhari High On Economy And Governance - Leadership Newspaper / Abubakar Suleiman Scores Buhari High (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: High Hopes And The Obvious Reality by Soskid(m): 6:16pm On May 29, 2015
BUHARI: HIGH HOPES AND THE OBVIOUS REALITY

By Adeleke Sodiq Olalekan (Soskid)
29th May, 2015. 06:00pm

General Muhammadu Buhari, a prominent customer to the Independent National Electoral Commission. He purchased the Presidential form four times. His first attempt was in 2003 when he slugged it out with then incumbent president, Olusegun Obasanjo. Fast forward to 2015, he became victorious at his 4th shot.

Buhari was not only demonized, his detractors also left no stone unturned to ensure that he was not favoured by the electorates. His detractors, majority of those who are afraid of being jailed should he emerge. They called him names and even dragged him and his white shirt to the mud. All these did not appeal to Nigerians. Hence, they were hell-bent on change. Buhari himself displayed doggedness and resilience throughout this period. He did not give a hoot to the hate campaigns. March 28, 2015 was the date. Nigerians devied the effect of the scorching sun and the heavy downpour to vote change. And for the first time in the annals of Nigeria, a sitting president lost his re-election bid. It was indeed victory for democracy. A clearheaded and unbiased analyst would have predicted just that or something close to that considering Jonathan's failure.

Elections are over and just like in every contest where we congratulate a side and console the other. Although the stubborn part of me will not console Jonathan but bemoan him for his poor handling of the country. I only console those who lost people as a result of Boko harm, the unemployed graduates whose future had been mortgaged and most importantly the unborn generations that will bear the brunt of Jonathan's debt.

With Buhari at the helms of affairs, I know hopes are high and expectations have skyrocketed. Even as it stands, those men who hitherto lack the requisite to impregnate their wives will be beaming with hope of being called fathers now that the Daura born General will be steering the wheel of Nigeria. But then those who are not oblivion of the damage done by the Peoples Democratic Party in the last 16 years will agree with me that 4 years will be too small for us to recover our lost glory. But we can be rest assured that sanity will be restored just as we all know Buhari has zero-tolerance fo corruption. Stealing is now corruption, cheating will no longer be seen as the only condition for passing examination, bribery will cease to be the ladder to the top and above all, Nigeria will be great again.

Nigeria's debt as of March 31, 2015 is N12.06tn as reported by May 11, 2015 edition of The Punch Newspaper. With a barrel of Crude oil selling for as low as $50. It is no news that some state governments still find it difficult to pay workers salary with Unemployment at its peak. Power generation is below 2000megawatts. Boko haram killing and kidnapping. These and many Problems Buhari led government has inherited. It is nonsensical of anybody to think that Buhari has a magic wand to end all these problems bedeviling the country within few days.

I have watched with enthusiasm, views expressed by Nigerians after the emergence of Buhari at the poll. While some believe it is business as usual, some have expressed optimism. In as much as I share from this optimism, there is the need for us to see even when we cry. Just like Buhari himself has emphasised after the election that Nigerians should not expect miracle but it will not be business as usual for the cabals that left the country in this miserable condition.

To Nigerians, I say congratulation. Asiko Buhari atuwa lara o.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: High Hopes And The Obvious Reality by Kelklein(m): 6:59pm On May 29, 2015
an interesting read!
Re: Buhari: High Hopes And The Obvious Reality by Soskid(m): 7:11pm On May 29, 2015
Kelklein:
an interesting read!
Tnx
Re: Buhari: High Hopes And The Obvious Reality by Soskid(m): 6:20pm On Mar 21, 2016
Still relevant
Re: Buhari: High Hopes And The Obvious Reality by chriskosherbal(m): 6:22pm On Mar 21, 2016
Let's still continue to pray.
Re: Buhari: High Hopes And The Obvious Reality by Soskid(m): 6:25pm On Mar 21, 2016
chriskosherbal:
Let's still continue to pray.
we shall get there
Re: Buhari: High Hopes And The Obvious Reality by Sweetlemon(f): 6:36pm On Mar 21, 2016
Wow. So I'm not the only one who saw difficult times ahead after the elections?
Thank God you hug this out. A clear reminder and proof that Buhari never promised miracles but he indeed declare that it won't be business as usual for the wicked cabals. With that alone he has my votes a million times over.
Re: Buhari: High Hopes And The Obvious Reality by Soskid(m): 7:57pm On Mar 21, 2016
Sweetlemon:
Wow. So I'm not the only one who saw difficult times ahead after the elections?
Thank God you hug this out. A clear reminder and proof that Buhari never promised miracles but he indeed declare that it won't be business as usual for the wicked cabals. With that alone he has my votes a million times over.
Nice comment

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The Mansion President Jonathan Will Be Retiring To [see] / PDP Talks Tough, Vows To Thwart Moves To Remove Fayose / South Africa Apologises Over Xenophobic Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.