Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,274 members, 7,829,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Why Do Most Women Maltreat Their Househelps? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Most Women Maltreat Their Househelps? (3907 Views)

Operation No To Househelps 2014 / Why Do Some People Maltreat Their Househelps? / Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Women Maltreat Their Househelps? by mummy3(f): 11:35am On Oct 11, 2011
If you employ any girl or a boy as a housemaid, she or he will feel any harassment from you means you are wicked to her Most house maids feel you’re not supposed to shout on them even when they’ve gone wrong. For so doing they feel you hate them or you’re wicked because they believe you’re not their mother. I have experienced it with even my cousins that came to stay with me. I take good care of them, but once you shout on them, they’ll report to their mother that you’re maltreating them. But when their father or mother spank them, they’ll see nobody to report to. You may be enduring or decide to ignore some of their stupid behavior but once you decide to call their attention to the awful they’ve been doing, they’ll report to their mother that you’ve started being wicked and I notice some mothers usually agree with all the information coming from their daughters. E.g you’ll send a girl for an errand that suppose to take 5-10minutes on the same street, she’ll go for 2hrs. In fact it’s really annoying. For me I don’t refer to them as a house girl, I take them as my relatives cos I believe we are all one in Christ. Most people here will not really understand. I believe it’s working mothers with little kids that can really tell this story better, not mothers with grownup children, cos I believe if you have a grownup child of like 14 up, he or she should be able to carry out some house hold responsibilities /care for her younger once. I have 7 5 & 2+yr old kids and I am a working mother, I know what I go through with maids. I don’t spank my maids cos if you do, your children are in danger, so I don’t want my kids to feel inferior living in their own house in my absent because of one housemaid excuses that I spanked her. I try to over look things, but that doesn’t mean I would not correct/advice her if she goes wrong.

Just like @Afribiz rightly mentioned above: quote
Most of them are too greedy that they'll go about begging for food, even after eating at home, telling everyone that cares to listen that they've not had any food to eat since yesterday.
Re: Why Do Most Women Maltreat Their Househelps? by shegosay: 11:44am On Oct 13, 2011
This is a hard topic I must say,although you will see people commenting,
by going against those that do it,but the honest truth is that, if you bring
100 percent of women who have house help,95 percent of them Mal-treat them.
I could remember years back when i was in Abuja ,I saw lot of bad things
which this Rich women does to their house help.The funny aspect of it is that,
no one to rescue them.
Re: Why Do Most Women Maltreat Their Househelps? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 13, 2011
Oops! Posted in the wrong section.
Re: Why Do Most Women Maltreat Their Househelps? by Johndoe100(m): 1:21pm On Oct 13, 2011
Not all women maltreat househelp. Like most Nigerians the help are the cause of high BP. You just have to be fair and firm. They will interpret this as harsh sometimes.
Re: Why Do Most Women Maltreat Their Househelps? by AmakaG29(f): 12:56am On Oct 15, 2011
Power and authority over someone else in such an intimate setting is bound to lead to some friction. Many women don't have control over anything or anyone but they people they employ. When powerless people find themselves in power, it can corrupt the best person with the best intentions. I am not saying all women are powerless, but some are.

Another issue is that sometimes employees do things to provoke or upset their employers out of jealousy, bitterness, or malice. They need to be handled firmly and fairly because they pose a detriment to the household affairs. Many house employees have limited education and need to be trained, but that does not warrant abuse, verbal or physical.

When I think about the legacy of household servants in a variety of societies, abuse is a common trend. There may be something inherent in human nature like "Absolute power corrupts absolutely." I think a psychological approach may do more to solve the mystery than a condemnation of the women.

Try to be patient, fair, and understanding to women in the house and workers in the house. Everyone deserves respect.
Re: Why Do Most Women Maltreat Their Househelps? by sizzlers(m): 1:02am On Oct 15, 2011
shegosay:

This is a hard topic I must say,although you will see people commenting,
by going against those that do it,but the honest truth is that, if you bring
100 percent of women who have house help,95 percent of them Mal-treat them.
I could remember years back when i was in Abuja ,I saw lot of bad things
which this Rich women does to their house help.The funny aspect of it is that,
no one to rescue them.

+1, the one in Bold is the most pathetic, no rescue and if you try to rescue some will reason you to have an ulterior motives.
Re: Why Do Most Women Maltreat Their Househelps? by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 14, 2012
Suprisingly, those kids you maltreat turns out to be better than your kids in future. Tomorrow you might find yourselves in a situation where that child you treated so cruely would be your only saviour.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Need Help Please. Long Distance Marriage And My Job / Would You Allow Your 5yr Old Child Twerk Like This? / My Brother Ruined Himself Because Of His Girlfriend.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.