Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,892 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? (16187 Views)

What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) / Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel / Why Do Some People Maltreat Their Househelps? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by mummy3(f): 10:34am On Oct 07, 2011
Why Are 90% Out Of 100% Mother Inlaws Always Maltreating Their Daughter Inlaws?

I noticed that out of 100%, 90% mothers in laws are rude to their daughter in laws,  is it a natural thing or out of jealousy?  because in every women gathering, their prefered topic is always how their mother in laws maltreat them. Well i pray God to give me the grace to treat my future daughter in law well like my own daughter.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by softgirl1: 4:34pm On Oct 07, 2011
Amen o and me too,
Re: Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by harakiri(m): 6:00pm On Oct 07, 2011
Like they say, WOMEN ARE THEIR GREATEST ENEMIES! ! !

It's a sad occurrence but the funny thing is. . .the same women commenting on this thread will likely do the same to their future daughter in laws. They might deny it now but when the time comes, the "wicked" instincts will kick in. Then, no woman will be good enough for their son. They will suspect every lady he brings home (probably because they know the sort of wickedness that exists in the hearts of women)

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by ronkebp(f): 6:51pm On Oct 07, 2011
The Bible says, as the heart thinketh so is he. If you have a good heart, good things would flow from it, hence the 10% women doing good to their daughter-inlaw. And if you have a bad heart nko?? bad things would freely flow. No one can hide from their characters.
Re: Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 07, 2011
Madam Mummy, I don dey tire for you, I think you just like drama, today is husband tmr its mama in law, next tmr it will be sister. Well I disagree that 90% OF MOTHER in laws are bad, I think most women go into marriage watching too much African majic and too much of Patience Ozokwor make up der minds about Mama in laws, den draw d battle line. I have had 2 mother in laws and always treated them like my own mothers and they have loved me like their own daughters. My first Mother in law is still my best friend, we wear aso abi to events together. My mother in law now was d one who totally spported our marriage despite all objections even when my mom refused to support my remarriage ma mother in law do everything wey ma mama suppose do. My former mother in law attended my wedding and was a mother of d day, even though she knew her sone will be mad. Point is pple react to how you treat them, everyone responds positively to love, care and respect except some few very evil pple. Love them, respect them, there is no competition

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by 2mch(m): 7:18pm On Oct 07, 2011
I think if you know your place in the family, and stop the spirit of competition (with the mother) where you absolutely cannot win, you will not have a problem. Also, drop the thinking that people are out to get you or nobody likes you. Try to not read meaning into every sentence. You can never take the place of his mother so dont even attempt. 9/10 it will backfire. And you will always be on the defensive where people will begin to dislike you. Take advice or criticism with a smile. Just maintain your space, respect yourself and respect your mother inlaw and you should have no problems.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by horny4u(f): 9:06pm On Oct 07, 2011
Look before you leap lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 07, 2011
Re: Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 08, 2011
chaircover has said it all.
Re: Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by fm7070: 10:28am On Oct 08, 2011
the husband of the wife must be a super m0ron to have allowed someone maltreat his wife, not for any reason whatsoever!!
If you have issue with your wife, deal with her yourself.
Re: Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by blank(f): 11:26am On Oct 08, 2011
i love my MIL.
Re: Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by infinitii(f): 11:44am On Oct 08, 2011
when i read thru this thread i find it very fascinating and am compelled to make my own contribution as a result of personal experience
''MY husband fell ''SICK'' sometimes ago, though that sickness was as a result of ''over-doing'' of something, i''ll spare u that details.
He got better but for almost ONE SOLID YEAR, he was PRAYING ALONE at home from 12:00am to 12:00pm the next day (this was b4 he fell sick).
i was responsible for all the home expenses, just name anything, infact we went to bury his mum's father that same year, all expenses pai by me.
the mother then ask him to come to Babanloma , somewhere close to Jebba, but closer to Saare and Ilorin, with the hope that he will find something to do.
I remember suggesting him to take up a teaching job at least, but he said he he has a ''GENERATIONAL ASSIGNMENT TO PRAY AND BREAK YOKES.
he went to Babanloma and he had not showed up for since January, the rest is story.

i went to pay him visit sometimes in March, and during one oof the discussion i had with his mother'' she said and i quote'' Omo temi ko pada wa si Eko mo'' ma ba e wa se si Ilorin, kan fun mini CV e wa'' meaninig ' my son will not come to lagos again, just bring your Cv and i will look for something for u to do'' and true to her word my ''HUSBAND'' his son has never showed up as at the time of typing this text.

if it were to be her own daugther, will she accept such, you can contact me on kennunuga1@yahoo.com for more details of this incidence, ,MOTHER-INS ARE WICKED

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by 76Naira(m): 12:01pm On Oct 08, 2011
Because their sons let them. Not my style. keep them together but separate. If you get what I mean.
Re: Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by ZUBBYNWA(m): 12:10pm On Oct 08, 2011
But some Daughters-in-law are also extra wicked, that they shall show their Mothers in law pepper, i just remember one woman that her daughter in law treat badly until the woman leaves her house from Village to one of her daughter house here in Lagos.

So quote me SOME DAUGHTERS-IN-LAW ARE ALSO EXTREMELY WICKED

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by Blazing88(f): 12:24pm On Oct 08, 2011
i wonder why too oo, As if they would marry their son
Re: Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by coogar: 12:33pm On Oct 08, 2011
infinitii:

when i read thru this thread i find it very fascinating and am compelled to make my own contribution as a result of personal experience
''MY husband fell ''SICK''  sometimes ago, though that sickness was as a result of ''over-doing'' of something, i''ll spare u that details.
He got better but for almost ONE SOLID YEAR, he was PRAYING ALONE at home  from 12:00am to 12:00pm the next day (this was b4 he fell sick).
i was responsible for all the home expenses, just name anything, infact we went to bury his mum's father that same year, all expenses pai by me.
the mother then ask him to come to Babanloma , somewhere close to Jebba, but closer to Saare and Ilorin, with the hope that he will find something to do.
I remember suggesting him to take up a teaching job at least, but he said he he has a ''GENERATIONAL ASSIGNMENT TO PRAY AND BREAK YOKES.
he went to Babanloma  and he had not showed up for since January, the rest is story.

i went to pay him visit sometimes in March, and during one oof the discussion i had with his mother''  she said and i quote'' Omo temi ko pada wa si Eko mo'' ma ba e wa se si Ilorin, kan fun mini CV e wa''  meaninig ' my son will not come to lagos again, just bring your Cv and i will look for something for u to do'' and true to her word my ''HUSBAND''  his son has never showed up as at the time of typing this text. 

if it were to be her own daugther, will she accept such, you can contact me on kennunuga1@yahoo.com for more details of this incidence, ,MOTHER-INS ARE WICKED

this can't be true.
why would a man leave lagos for one obscure village? besides what kinda illness held him down for a whole year?

give us the details here, no need contacting you on kennuga!!
and did you just say mother-in-laws are wicked? well now, you have a son. one woman would say the same about you later in future.
Re: Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by God2man(m): 1:49pm On Oct 08, 2011
Some mothers in law are devil's incarnate, they are extremely wicked,so, whether you do good or bad to them, they will still be indifferent. One should be praying not to enter into such family. Moreover,in some extreme cases,your own mother and the mother in law can join together to attack the home, it takes Grace of God to survive in that kind of situation. May God help us. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by mjconcept(m): 3:07pm On Oct 08, 2011
Thats the way it is.
Re: Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by hackney(m): 3:22pm On Oct 08, 2011
^^^EXACTLY
Thats the way women are.
Women are their own worst enemy.
Thats why a group of women cant achieve anything; it turns bickering,fashion and beauty competition.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 08, 2011
First of all mother in law is just a name given to an ordinary woman that his son got married to a strange girl, what do you expect from her, embrace you like her pet? h ell to the no, everybody that has a son will go thru it and until then pls dont judge, its just like you sharing your husband, women loves their boys like crazy, daughter in laws should also learn tolerance, its gonna be your turn sooner than you think when he knocked a girl up. food for thought
Re: Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by Relax101(m): 6:49pm On Oct 08, 2011
1st, my mom is my mom.
2ndly, my wife is my wife.
3rdly, my wife should respect herself, and yes I know she's my wife but I had probably spent more sweet and joyful years with my mom than my wife.
I dnt need their protection if it leads to quarrel and jealousy. I wonder, why to live with women in peace is so much of a problem.
Re: Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by lagcity(m): 7:18pm On Oct 08, 2011
I think it is the fault of the husband. He should be the referee and not take any nonsense from both mother and wife. Mother and wife should stay in their respective lanes and not get too familiar with each other; too much closeness is problematic.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by Outstrip(f): 2:54am On Oct 09, 2011
I don't think one adult can "maltreat" another adult unless you let them.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by Nobody: 3:30am On Oct 09, 2011
I will not allow my MIL to mistreat me in my own home and neither will I mistreat her in  my home.

That's why its best to build a home with a man, than to move into his home.

I will not tolerate any "You are under my roof" seminar from any man.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by coolestboy(m): 6:45am On Oct 09, 2011
Dia's is a total diff btw my mother n my wife.
My wife can neva perform my mum's function neither can my mum perform my wife's duties. D son/husband is d middle man, so he should know how 2 protect both parties in oda 2 avoid commotion bcs wen it happens he suffers most. Dia some things d son should let his mum know about likewise warnins made 2 d wife. But all in all a wife can forsake u but ur mum wil neva.
Re: Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by coolestboy(m): 6:46am On Oct 09, 2011
Dia's is a total diff btw my mother n my wife.
My wife can neva perform my mum's function neither can my mum perform my wife's duties. D son/husband is d middle man, so he should know how 2 protect both parties in oda 2 avoid commotion bcs wen it happens he suffers most. Dia some things d son should let his mum know about likewise warnins made 2 d wife. But all in all a wife can forsake u but ur mum wil neva.
Re: Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 09, 2011
The DIL'S allow it, that's why.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by Jenifa1: 6:54am On Oct 09, 2011
mother-in-laws are particularly wicked to daughter-in-laws. rather than son-in-laws.
so it might really be jealousy.

the woman have raised this boy with all the love in the world and lived their entire life for him. and all of a sudden some random woman is taking him away from her. It can be psychologically tough for the mother-in-law to bear.

most women on here agreeing with OP (including OP herself) will most likely end up becoming "wicked mother-in-laws" too. it's a natural thing in females.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by coolestboy(m): 6:56am On Oct 09, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I will not allow my MIL to mistreat me in my own home and neither will I mistreat her in  my home.

That's why its best to build a home with a man, than to move into his home.

I will not tolerate any "You are under my roof" seminar from any man.

Re: Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by Jenifa1: 7:00am On Oct 09, 2011
something nobody is mentioning here is the fact that if your mother-in-law loves you, you may just be the luckiest bride in the world. because she will receive, cherish, love and spoil you. she will treat you just like her own daughter.

my dad's mom really loves my mother. I want that kind of close relationship with my mother-in-law and hopefully my future daughter-in-law.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by Sparkle777(f): 5:40pm On Oct 09, 2011
So men,if you want ur marriage to succeed better learn to respect and be loyal to ur wife cos no one will if you don't.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws? by delpee(f): 11:14pm On Oct 09, 2011
If you love and treat your MIL lie your mum and you have an objective man for a husband, you wont have problems.

Never had any issues with my MIL. Its been a pleasure knowing her really and ditto for my FIL. I simply made up my mind to love and cherish them since i pray to experience the same from my future daughters in law.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? / Family Rejects Old Naira Notes As Bride Price In Niger / Another Nigerian Couple Delivers White Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.