Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,262 members, 7,818,890 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

5 Powerful Quotes From President Buhari's Inauguration Speech - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Powerful Quotes From President Buhari's Inauguration Speech (3155 Views)

President Buhari Inauguration Speech / Buhari Inauguration Committee: The "Credible" Members / Silva, Anyim Head Buhari's Inauguration Committee (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Powerful Quotes From President Buhari's Inauguration Speech by Flye: 9:01am On May 30, 2015
I belong to everybody and belong to nobody is the best quote of all, he seems to be independent of cabals religion, tribe/ethnicity and others.

I guess that was the first mistake Jonathan made, he turn himself to the president of certain ethnic groups, religion and the group of some individuals.
Re: 5 Powerful Quotes From President Buhari's Inauguration Speech by realjoker(m): 1:42pm On May 30, 2015
Aminat508:
lolz Biko remove my name, am not a Moderator oooo
lolz biko i know i include ur name for a purpose.
Re: 5 Powerful Quotes From President Buhari's Inauguration Speech by teufelein(f): 1:44pm On May 30, 2015
[size=18pt]this brainless Buhari aka buhari should be brought out and shot...useless animal taking rulership over the baboons and monkeys in the zoo aka nigeria...nonsense![/size]
Re: 5 Powerful Quotes From President Buhari's Inauguration Speech by spenca: 3:55pm On May 30, 2015
mya1:

Not really, it's having the head to disssect it. I must add that Buhari is a deep thinker and an analytical mind is needed to fathom the meaning of the quote.

In literal sense
"I am for the people, my service is to the people (everybody) and I live for the people BUT I cannot be controlled by anyone (nobody). In short, I am a leader".

Is this your idea of "I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody" you really suck at logic and analysis . Lemme make it simple for you I belong to everybody means he belongs to the totality of a set of people and I belong to nobody negates the statement I belong to everybody in the sense that, the earlier everybody has been eliminated to by the nobody. It is just like saying I belong to every Nigerian and I belong to no Nigerian. It's only a misuse of phrase all he ought to say was "I belong to everybody, I belong to no one"
Re: 5 Powerful Quotes From President Buhari's Inauguration Speech by mya1: 5:23pm On May 30, 2015
spenca:

Is this your idea of "I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody" you really suck at logic and analysis . Lemme make it simple for you I belong to everybody means he belongs to the totality of a set of people and I belong to nobody negates the statement I belong to everybody in the sense that, the earlier everybody has been eliminated to by the nobody. It is just like saying I belong to every Nigerian and I belong to no Nigerian. It's only a misuse of phrase all he ought to say was "I belong to everybody, I belong to no one"

Why am I not surprised at your interpretation?like I said earlier, a deep thinker is needed to disect it which unfortunately you're not.
Re: 5 Powerful Quotes From President Buhari's Inauguration Speech by spenca: 7:52pm On May 30, 2015
Re: 5 Powerful Quotes From President Buhari's Inauguration Speech by spenca: 8:13pm On May 30, 2015
mya1:

Why am I not surprised at your interpretation?like I said earlier, a deep thinker is needed to disect it which unfortunately you're not.

A contradiction needs no "deep thinking", don't compel yourself to make sense. Logic doesn't deal with connotations but basic phrases used. Weapon yourself with logic then you would comprehend easier what qualifies as a contradiction. Till then .....off!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Results So Far In Imo North Senatorial District.pdp Leading / 2019: There Will Be War Against The Opposition If Buhari Contests – Wike / 122 Million Nigerians Are Not With 2face And His Noisemakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.