Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Why You Should Stop Calling Jonathan A Hero- Adokiye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why You Should Stop Calling Jonathan A Hero- Adokiye (578 Views)

Bayelsa APC In War With Dickson For Calling Jonathan A Waste Product / Fielding Jonathan, A Mistake – Dr. Raymond Dokpesi / Maku Denies Calling Jonathan A Boko Haram Sponsor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Stop Calling Jonathan A Hero- Adokiye by Onyi42(m): 8:13am On May 30, 2015
When former President, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan
called President Muhammadu Buhari after the
2015 presidential election to concede defeat,
many applauded him as a gentleman who has the
interest of the country at heart. Many went as
far as calling him the hero of our time. So were
his many friends in the entertainment industry.

But it seems singer and actress, Adokiye would
remember the leader for a different reason.

“ I feel really bad for the Nigerians calling
President Jonathan a hero. Hero to who please?”
she asked disdainfully. “ Why waste your saliva
and brain on someone who has brought poverty,
national blackout, danger, unemployment, terror
and insecurity to our dear nation” she said.

“Don’t get me wrong, he was my president before
now. His wife is even from my mum’s village, Ogu
Bolo in Okrika and I know her home. So, they are
my people. But my dear, he disappointed me.

Someone that has seen poverty before but was
blessed by God to change mankind. What did he do?

He forgot us and started forming ‘big man’ for
Nigerians. I bet he thought the world was his.
Thank God for his mercy for not allowing him to
come back to complete his mission of doom” she
declared.

She also took on those who worked under the
former president in he chat with Showtime, saying
they did not work in the interest of the masses.

“They were all heartless people. People that could
not feel the pains of the poor who put them there
to serve then. If anybody by now is still calling
Jonathan a hero that person should be checked”
she added. Adokiye spoke with Showtime on
Monday at the height of the fuel crisis across the
nation.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/stop-calling-jonathan-a-hero-says-adokiye/

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Calling Jonathan A Hero- Adokiye by Elslim: 8:14am On May 30, 2015
i concur

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Calling Jonathan A Hero- Adokiye by Acekidc4(m): 8:14am On May 30, 2015
Hero My Foot!! Who Dash Am Hero!!

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Calling Jonathan A Hero- Adokiye by Demdem(m): 8:17am On May 30, 2015
Exactly, how can a fool who bequeathed to us a legacy of borrowing money to pay workers immediately after years of plenty a hero. Only fools says such.

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Stop Calling Jonathan A Hero- Adokiye by lurther: 8:17am On May 30, 2015
Lol! All this Nollywood shit that were endorsing jonathan up and down are now looking for Buhari favour.

The same way the likes of former PDP heavy weights like Atiku that have been in power for years are now romancing Buhari.

Buhari, just watch your back.... They will destroy you and condemn you at the end of your tenure.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Calling Jonathan A Hero- Adokiye by SeverusSnape(m): 8:18am On May 30, 2015
GEJ my hero!!!....

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Calling Jonathan A Hero- Adokiye by OkutaNla: 8:21am On May 30, 2015
Hero my black a$$.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Stop Calling Jonathan A Hero- Adokiye by alberto2k(m): 8:24am On May 30, 2015
Acekidc4:
Hero My Foot!! Who Dash Am Hero!!
Wetin Jonah do una na

Leave the gentle Otuoke-an Man Alone na angry

Re: Why You Should Stop Calling Jonathan A Hero- Adokiye by Acekidc4(m): 8:29am On May 30, 2015
alberto2k:
Wetin Jonah do una na

Leave the gentle Otuoke-an Man Alone na angry

Jonah Do us Strong thing for this Country Oh!!

Baba Owfar Na!!
Re: Why You Should Stop Calling Jonathan A Hero- Adokiye by alberto2k(m): 8:34am On May 30, 2015
Acekidc4:

Jonah Do us Strong thing for this Country Oh!!

Baba Owfar Na!!
Bobo i juss gallant. . cheesy

Buhari has now spent 20hrs in office and we no get light and fuel still sells at N100 per litre angry

Re: Why You Should Stop Calling Jonathan A Hero- Adokiye by godofwar666(m): 8:36am On May 30, 2015
But

(1) (Reply)

Where Is El Rufai Now That.. . / Why Are Some Set Of Nigerians Trying To Prove That Buhari Is A Pauper. / Phcn Finally Collapses. Fails To Impress Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.