Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Predicting Failure For PMB Mean Predicting Failure For Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Predicting Failure For PMB Mean Predicting Failure For Nigeria (396 Views)

Aisha’s BBC Interview – She Got It All Wrong, My Respect For PMB Just Soars / World Leaders Line Up Offers Of Presidential State Visits For PMB / My Support For PMB: Beyond Partisanship And Politics! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Predicting Failure For PMB Mean Predicting Failure For Nigeria by segethy(m): 10:55am On May 30, 2015
Good day Nigerian. I have always said this to the people around me and I will like to share the same here on NL.

Let me start my message by reminding us all that we are suppose to be a good citizen of this great nation in order a achieve greatness and positive thinking is one of our roles. It is worth to remind us as well that the effort of former president, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan to keep this country in unity by accepting defeat even before declaring President (then elect) Mohamed Buhary as the winner of the 2015 presidential election must not be taken for granted.

I am a concern citizen just like you and it will be appreciated if you don't politicalise my opinion here as am not a member of any political party.

The fact is that if we follow the path of hatred for this new government (or in the future) at this early stage, we as citizens will be neglecting our role of supporting the government in building this great nation. The physiological effect of hate for this government is that we will see nothing good even when it is visible to all. I remembered during the 2015 presidential campaign when someone called me advising me to vote for APC. I asked the caller why and his response was that the PDP lead government has done NOTHING good for Nigeria. To me, it's a statement of hate. The bad may outweighs the good but there are always good in any Democratic government.

MY FEAR

President Mohamed Buhary was sworn into office not more than a day ago. Am so sure he has not gone through 5 of the ten of thousand articles on his office desk to ascertain some facts that may give him directions on how to tackle many issues before him. I think we will all agree to that. Now, going by the media for over 18hours now, I have read so many articles condemning the first action of GMB as the president of Nigeria. Some of which are the presidential inauguration speech not addressing some certain issues, plan to relocate some section of the military from Abuja to Maidugury, Niger Delta amnesty program due to end this year etc. My concern is that, this was the President's first speech. It is even yet to be signed by the appropriate bodies of the government nor yet to be implemented. And some Nigerians have labeled his first speech as the first step to his failure.

The second part of my concern is the insults on the president's personalty. It is unfair to insult his personality by calling him names. This is an habit trending among young Nigerians. It is bad enough to insult an elderly person talkmore of the head of state. It hurts my feelings when I see young peeps recklessly insulting our dear Presidents on social medias dominated by the younger generation. The funniest part is that some of our parents are weaker and not as brave or smart as the ones we call names on the social media and I don't think anyone will allow any outsider to call them half the names we call our leaders.

CONCLUSION

I really don't wish to make this a long write up. So I will appeal to all young Nigerians to move away from the hate zone and be on the positive side to move this great nation forward. If we wish for the individual down fall of our new president (cos we just don't like him) we are also wishing for the down fall of this great nation. Lets pour out our mind in a respectful manner. God bless the president, God bless Nigeria and God bless us all.

Lets have your opinion
Re: Predicting Failure For PMB Mean Predicting Failure For Nigeria by eph12(m): 11:54am On May 30, 2015
Those that started this know themselves and i doubt it's going to end any time soon. Unfortunately.

(1) (Reply)

I Won't Enter Govt House Until Sept.....wike / List Of Oando Stations Where You Can Buy At N87/litre / Pdp Plan To Truncate Apc Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.