Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Pastor E.A. Adeboye For President Campaign Starts. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor E.A. Adeboye For President Campaign Starts. (781 Views)

Pastor E.A Adeboye Is A Murderer – Kemi Olunloyo / Many Lies Of Redeem's Adeboye For 2016 / Some Of Pastor E.A Adeboye's Testimonies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pastor E.A. Adeboye For President Campaign Starts. by thetruth90: 10:01am On Feb 16, 2009
[b]I'll shake this nation, if,  — Adeboye   
Written by Sam Eyoboka     
Sunday, 15 February 2009 

BOGGED by the high level of corruption in the country, General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, (RCCG), Pastor Enoch Adeboye, yesterday said there would be earth-moving shakings if ever he became a president of the nation, adding that there will be no earthly solution to the protracted Middle East crisis. “If I become president of this nation, there will be a lot of shakings. I am sure by the time I am president for about six months they would probably be praying that God should take me away because definitely there won’t be business as usual,” he said during a visit to Inspiration Radio FM in Victoria Island, Lagos.

The radio station, established last December, to preach Godliness, morals, ethics and sound values and reconstruct our national value system, was dedicated by the cleric, who said he looked forward to the day when the name of Jesus Christ would be all over the airwaves in the country and beyond.

Adeboye lamented that Nigeria being the sixth largest world oil-producer, should, if things were right, be among one of the 20 richest countries in the world, “and if I get my information correctly, we are not even among the first 200. Something must be wrong somewhere.

“It is corruption that is robbing the nation of the glory, the comfort and the joy that should belong to the nation. So, corruption is definitely a monster.

According to Adeboye, ''When dealing with corruption, you need to really educate the people who are involved in corruption, you need to make them realise that the word of God is clear that any money you acquire through illegal means, you are not going to live to spend it.''

“The word of God made it clear that anybody acquiring wealth through illegal means, will be like an ostrich who lays its eggs and doesn’t harsh them. The Bible says that fellow would die in the midst of his days and at the end would be a fool,” he added.

Continuing, he said that a lot of the monies stolen from the nation’s tills “you can’t spend them in Nigeria because people would ask questions as to the source as a result of which this money is usually transferred abroad, put into coded accounts and many at times nobody else knows the codes to these accounts and the owners die without anybody having access to the money.”

He therefore cautioned the nation’s politicians should realise that all that a man needs is just a bed where he can sleep in at night, stressing “no matter how one tries, you can’t wear two suits at the same time. At the end of the day all really needs to tell the time is one wrist watch, not even if you have a thousand.

“By the time we able to educate them on the futility of all these things, they will be able to change their minds and that is what we are doing in the Church,” Adeboye said, adding that the greatest lesson one should know is that they came into this word naked and they will go back naked.

“We can’t do more than teach them as a Church,” he said, “we don’t have the power of EFCC, for example.”

On whether there will ever be an end to the festering Middle East Crisis, Pastor Adeboye urged world leaders to bury the thought, saying “unfortunately there is no solution to the problem because according to II Samuel 12:1-14, you will see an incident that happened there that brought a curse upon David.

“David took the wife of Uriah, one of his soldiers, killed the man and usurped the wife and pretended as if nothing evil has happened and then God sent Nathan to him and told him that because he has done this that the sword will never depart from his house.

“Even though God said He had forgiven him but that curse remains,” Pastor Adeboye said “I have always explained to people that a curse is a very powerful thing; once it begins to work, it keeps on working.

“I have also said that if your biological parents pronounce a curse on you, you can run to your pastor who would use his higher spiritual authority to set that curse aside; if your pastor curses you, you can run to your general overseer who ordained him and he can set that curse aside,

“But when God curses you there is nobody to appeal to,” he maintained, adding “the curse is there and that is what is bringing the problem. I believe that the final solution would come when Jesus returns again as the prince of peace.”

Earlier, the chairman of the 2-months old radio station, Dr. Erasmus Akingbola who is also the chairman of Intercontinental Bank Plc, said in the cause of his travels across the world he had realised that many countries of the world have made great use of the media in shaping and reshaping their national life.

“I felt this was what Nigeria needs at a time like this and I therefore conceptualized this idea of establishing a radio station with a mission to propagate morals, ethics and godliness as the basic principle for nation-building,” he told Pastor Adeboye and his entourage.

“At Inspiration FM, we believe we can re-mould our battered social character, we believe we can reshape the future of our society for better, we believe that Nigeria can be better, indeed we believe in Nigeria and that no people can be better than us, we believe it is possible.”[/b]
http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/28857/43/

i presume this is a prelude to the political ambitions of the expressway pastor. God is patient.

(1) (Reply)

Boisterous And Violent Christians Disrupt Seminar To Discuss Witchcraft. / Would You Pay 1 Million Naira Bride Price / A Beautiful Woman And Her Husband That Comes To My Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.