Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,670 members, 7,813,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

5 Dumb Beliefs About The Igbos (Fallacies)!!! >>> - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Dumb Beliefs About The Igbos (Fallacies)!!! >>> (1016 Views)

Wedding Night Of An Old Man And His Young Bride. His Words Have Struck Her Dumb / Family Joke Of The Day:- When Your Kid Is Just Too Dumb ;D (pic) / Wonder Wedding: Day The Blind Played For Deaf And Dumb Couple - Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Dumb Beliefs About The Igbos (Fallacies)!!! >>> by Rapmoney(m): 7:18pm On May 30, 2015
There are opinions some Nigerians have about the Igbos of Eastern Nigeria. Sincerely speaking, I strongly feel these opinions are clearly based on ignorance and narrow-mindedness of most people. Below are these stereotyped and dumb beliefs or opinions (bundles of fallacies!!!):

1) #If Igbo man becomes president, he will divide the country#: I feel whoever shares this thought in this era we are, needs the help of the American neuro-surgeon, Ben Carson, to come and perform a surgical operation on his/her grey matters!!! I mean, would it not baffle any sane, right-thinking individual to feel that one man can just wake up in the morning and divide the country? Are all members of the National Assembly and respective States' houses of assembly Igbos? Are you not silly and myopic to think that dividing a modern and complex country like Nigeria doesn't require constitutional processes? Are you that daft?

2)#Igbo people like money too much#: Another fallacy and stereotyped belief! Tell me, who doesn't need money? Who is that person that doesn't want money? These people are just smart and business-inclined!!! Why hate on them? Many people mistake being enterprising for being a lover of money! If an Igbo man opens a small shop in his street, they say he loves money but if someone from another part of Nigeria opens a big business that exploits members of the public, they call him a wise business man! Is that not double standard? The truth: the Igbo man needs money just like any human being does!!!

3)#Igbos eat human flesh#: is there anything dumber than this? I personally don't think so! The truth: Africans and some of South Americans, in the past, used humans sometimes for sacrificial purposes!!! Civilization has long put a stop to that. Take note of the people - Africans and South Americans! Not specifically Igbos!!! cool Yet, people often believe in error that the Igbos eat or ate human flesh. They would often use the Bianfran War as an example but all the same, there is no where it was recorded that the Igbos ate human flesh during the civil war that lasted from 1967 to 1970! I wonder where this trash came from This is, to me, an ordinary and foolish make-believe story!!!

4)#Igbo girls are promiscous#: Really? I tell you today, I have lived in the six geo-political zones of Nigeria at one time or the other and I think Igbo girls are one set of nice and coordinated people cheesy Am not saying there's no promiscuity among Igbo girls because that would be a fallacy and illogical conclusion on its own but I think the rate of promiscuity among Igbo girls is nothing compared to what's obtainable in Southern and Western Nigeria, including the Middle-Belt. Quote me any day, I don't care!!! Where do we have girls taking in, leaving their parents' homes to live with a man without bride price paid? South!!! Where do we have a high rate of married women still sleeping around with men outside? West!!! This same set of people will be the first to accuse Igbo girls of promiscuity! If you want to confirm what am saying, read the dailies always and see where most of the news that centre on marital infidelity come from. Visit the South and see how their young girls live! Fortunately, I am in the South now so nobody can tell me anything about this!!! What a life! I swear, I love Igbo girls!!! cool

5)#Igbos are ritualists#: I don't even need to dwell much on this...I blame some misgrunted Igbo Nollywood producers who have been portraying the Igbo people in bad light through some Nigerian movies! There's no tribe in Nigeria where ritual killing doesn't take place. Ritual killing is just a social vice which some evil and wicked Nigerians partake in...it is not particular to the Igbo race. Enough said on this!

All that were listed above are fallacies and stereotyped beliefs. Over the years, I have come to develop a thick skin on Nairaland! Critics are free to criticize but I just expressed what have been on my mind!

Good evening everyone!
I am Kelvin Ukachukwu cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Dumb Beliefs About The Igbos (Fallacies)!!! >>> by Cutehector(m): 7:19pm On May 30, 2015
Lol igbo man grin
Re: 5 Dumb Beliefs About The Igbos (Fallacies)!!! >>> by Rapmoney(m): 7:20pm On May 30, 2015
Cutehector:
Lol igbo man grin
Yeah, and am proud of it! wink
Re: 5 Dumb Beliefs About The Igbos (Fallacies)!!! >>> by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 30, 2015
Gosh! You are dumb!!
Re: 5 Dumb Beliefs About The Igbos (Fallacies)!!! >>> by misfab(f): 7:26pm On May 30, 2015
lols...dont mind d poster above me. omaro ife ona ako.
@topic...i v always wondered at that ibo man loves money...all oda tribes n minorities r okay uf they want money...buh once an ibo man hustles for his grind..they talk bullpoo.

proudly ibo! grin haters stay off

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Dumb Beliefs About The Igbos (Fallacies)!!! >>> by Rapmoney(m): 7:27pm On May 30, 2015
Aprime:
Gosh! You are dumb!!
...and u are dumber!!!
Re: 5 Dumb Beliefs About The Igbos (Fallacies)!!! >>> by Rapmoney(m): 7:28pm On May 30, 2015
misfab:
lols...dont mind d poster above me. omaro ife ona ako.
@topic...i v always wondered at that ibo man loves money...all oda tribes n minorities r okay uf they want money...buh once an ibo man hustles for his grind..they talk bullpoo.

proudly ibo! grin haters stay off
Sister thanks. That guy is just a dunce!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Dumb Beliefs About The Igbos (Fallacies)!!! >>> by Rapmoney(m): 7:35pm On May 30, 2015
I have a thick skin! cheesy
Re: 5 Dumb Beliefs About The Igbos (Fallacies)!!! >>> by Tocheagle(m): 7:40pm On May 30, 2015
God bless you for this writeup , well said

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Dumb Beliefs About The Igbos (Fallacies)!!! >>> by Rapmoney(m): 7:44pm On May 30, 2015
Tocheagle:
God bless you for this writeup , well said
Thanks! People like you keep us going cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Washing Machine And Dryer Available For Sale.. / Can A Married Woman Have Friends Of The Opposite Sex? / Man Buys This Because Of His Wives-photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.