Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Suicide Is The Next And Only Option - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Suicide Is The Next And Only Option (7405 Views)

We Are Hungry, MMM Is Becoming An Option, Protesting Doctors Cry / . / A Door Out Of Idleness; Nairaland Gave Me The Escape Option. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suicide Is The Next And Only Option by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 30, 2015
Monday has made it 1007 applications and Cvs I have submitted to various companies.I have submitted online, offline, hard and soft copies but yet no job for the past 4 years. The worst is that am an orphan and no one is willing to help. I don't have uncles or connections to rely on. I trained myself in school which is unizik with a 2.1(PAE) but yet no job. I barely eat nor clothe myself. Matter of fact, am a living bone and suicide is my only option. Am already a living dead. If there's somone out there that can give me breathe again please come to my rescue.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Suicide Is The Next And Only Option by Iamoilprince(m): 9:51pm On May 30, 2015
Kio67:
Monday has made it 1007 applications and Cvs I have submitted to various companies.I have submitted online, offline, hard and soft copies but yet no job for the past 4 years. The worst is that am an orphan and no one is willing to help. I don't have uncles or connections to rely on. I trained myself in school which is unizik with a 2.1(PAE) but yet no job. I barely eat nor clothe myself. Matter of fact, am a living bone and suicide is my only option. Am already a living dead. If there's somone out there that can give me breathe again please come to my rescue.

My brother u jst hv to be calm. Am in similar situation. Its even more sad when u see ur friends getting married, buying cars yet u'r stagnating. Sucide can nvr be the wat out. Satan came to this world to STEAL, KILL and DESTROY. He has succeeded in Stealing ur Joy, the next is to kill and thats why u'v the thoughts of coming sucide, then he DESTROYS because ppl that commits sucide will end up in HELL FIRE. Pls dnt let Satan take u away. U belong to God.

Besides, u'r facing this challenge because God deposited sometin special in u. It will only take u time to discover it.

Keep trying bro, that u dnt hv a job now doesnt not mean u wont hv any tomorow.

It is well

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Suicide Is The Next And Only Option by Ovacoma: 9:56pm On May 30, 2015
Kio67:
please don't commit suicide if this story is true. You can still be what you want to be when you have LIFE. I don't have any job myself, yet, i have hope in God.
Death doesn't solve anything, just believe and trust God. Death is not d end of man, please visit this site www.spiritlessons.com , never contemplate suicide !

2 Likes

Re: Suicide Is The Next And Only Option by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 30, 2015
Kio67:
what can you do? I suggest you go for jobs meant for lower officers just to keep body and soul moving. Suicide is never the best option. How about married men without jobs and even their wives are earning barely next to nothing? Have you thought of joining that brother in his dry cleaning business, waiter, barman or even teaching? Have you? It may sound crazy but you have to survive, isn't it? Then do not look down on any job or despise your days of little begining.

17 Likes

Re: Suicide Is The Next And Only Option by braine(m): 10:00pm On May 30, 2015
Op, you just have to be strong. Since all the approach you've made haven't worked, I guess its high time you change tactics: try doing a search of every single place you'd like to work or those companies in your field, go to their websites, get their phone numbers and CALL them! It worked for me, it can work for you. Also, search for all the good companies in your area and pay them a visit with your CV which I think you should re-edit. Don't give up the challenge. There are jobs everywhere!

2 Likes

Re: Suicide Is The Next And Only Option by Gboliwe: 10:10pm On May 30, 2015
Kio67:

The threat of suicide puts me off. I find it disturbing and very offensive that an educated healthy and able bodied youth will at any point in time consider suicide as an option because of tough times. It's very unsettling for me.

Having said the above, I am surprised, really in awe not only that you could count the number of applications upto a 1000plus but your consistency in submitting these applications. I must raise hand for you.

What is the percentage of feedback you have had with these applications? As in, how often have you been invited for test, interviews and stuff? I ask to know because if the feedback is poor, it's possible your approach needs to be changed, like maybe your CV needs to be reviewed and touched on.

What do you do presently to atleast be able to afford bread N70? (it doesn't have to be something so wonderful but you must be doing something I presume, what is it)

What is PAE?

6 Likes

Re: Suicide Is The Next And Only Option by Nobody: 10:18pm On May 30, 2015
Kio67:

Dude, make sure you tailor your CVs to the job you're applying for. Never send mass applications. Apparently, you did very well in school so that's not your problem. Spend enough time on your applications, keep proper grammar and spelling and do not try to be modest about your abilities. Don't be afraid to brag about things that would look good to a potential employer (previous experience, school projects, how you handled certain situations etc).

I advise you to look up ways to improve your CVs and cover letters. Also, you might want to create a strong online presence with an impressive LinkedIn profile. Since your CV is the only way an employer knows anything about you, it must be in perfect condition and impress the reader. Also, double-check your contact information, it's the best advice I can give.

Just hang in there, buddy wink

5 Likes

Re: Suicide Is The Next And Only Option by lomaxx: 10:20pm On May 30, 2015
Gboliwe:

The threat of suicide puts me off. I find it very offensive that an educated healthy and able bodied youth will at any point in time consider suicide as an option because of tough times. It's very unsettling for me.

The honest truth about people that are just about to commit suicide is that they come out openly to talk about their fears, and their intended plan. It's not place where rationality takes preeminence. To them, they're better dead than alive.

The OP needs sincere help. Anyone that can, should help him out.

16 Likes

Re: Suicide Is The Next And Only Option by MacMaster01(m): 10:43pm On May 30, 2015
Op please send ur acct no let me see if I can send u something, at least to hold ur self for now,

It might not be much, but I can try

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Suicide Is The Next And Only Option by MacMaster01(m): 10:44pm On May 30, 2015
Op please send ur acct no let me see if I can send u something, at least to hold ur self for now

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicide Is The Next And Only Option by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 30, 2015
MacMaster01:
Op please send ur acct no let me see if I can send u something, at least to hold ur self for now,

It might not be much, but I can try

@ KIO67, read this and reply.
Also, look for small jobs to do and keep soul together. I once sold eggs to make ends meet. Nothing is too small in this country.

4 Likes

Re: Suicide Is The Next And Only Option by mrking3(m): 10:58pm On May 30, 2015
honestly! your excuse is still unacceptable! I'm
pretty sure every other Graduate without connection
and family support passed through same thing you
are facing right now. Even with a clean 2.1 I still
didn't get a job as quick as I thought. So afterwards,
went for a marketing job of 18k. While on the job, I
kept on dropping my cvs and talking to people I met
both in churches, mosque, market place and
everywhere I go to. This was how I just received a
call for an interview for a sales job with flour mills
of Nigeria Plc. I got that job without. Driver's licence.
So I talked to my Area sales manager about the
difficulty I'm faced with. No money for Transport,
No drivers licence! That's how he gave me 30k to do
my licence and use the rest for Tfare! Bros with
determination, nothing is impossible! Today, I have
a good job by the Grace of God! Simply because I
took a very important step back then. And one thing
you should know is this, if you have 2.1 and not
within the Age bracket of 24-26 your degree is
practiacally useless in present day Nigeria. This is
because most reputable firms like kpmg, pwc, uacn,
glaxosmith, and their likes go for minimum of 2.1
and age 26 or less as their preffered candidates for
graduate trainee jobs! Even most banks to don't go
for anything higher! Except you're putting in for
Experience Higher or as Contract staff. So Age
difference was practically responsible why I couldn't
get a good job after Nysc cos I was 27 when I passed
out and didn't forge my waec because of the DOB on
it. My brother, I'm saying all this just to encourage
you! I don't like sharing my privacy on social media
but to inspire somebody somewhere! I'm equally an
opharn like you! But didn't want to live on self pity!
Coz I know a lot of people has also passed through
the hell I think I passed or passing through!
Between, don't be proud to accept monetary offer to
anyone that offers to assist. Someone asked you to
drop your acct details only for you to tell him you
don't need it. That shows you're comfortable at the
moment. Even if its 1k its something! Can still go a
long way to by Recharge card or something else. Is it
not money you'll use to do the driver's licencen you
talked about? Secondly! I think my firm is recruiting
drivers now! The basic pay 40k, Transport 13k, over
time varies! Can be up to 15k so sum it up! That's
your monthly pay as a driver working with a Sales
Rep on Brand new Hilux van. If you're interested
drop your email. So I can reply you then tell you the
name of the firm I work with. Its an FMCG coy! Takia!

hey Nairalanders! Pls go through this guy's profile on Nairaland. Check his pics, Post and comments then come back and tell us your observation! Looks like I've been wasting my MB on this thread! Next time when a frustrated criminal comes here to seek for help! I would gladly ask the person to go ahead to commit suicide. Nigeria is already over populated! God help the Op! I pray he proves me wrong. This guy is yet to go for his NYSC sef! www.nairaland.com/kio67/posts check out all his post and comments pls!! Let me stop here!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Suicide Is The Next And Only Option by Nobody: 11:18pm On May 30, 2015
MacMaster01:
Op please send ur acct no let me see if I can send u something, at least to hold ur self for now
am realy grateful for your help towards me but the issue about giving money is not helping atol. Certain people gives me money when am opportuned to narrate my story but how long will the money last? Yes it wil give me food for a day or two but its not helping. I need a job!!

9 Likes

Re: Suicide Is The Next And Only Option by Nobody: 11:20pm On May 30, 2015
MacMaster01:
am realy grateful for your help towards me but the issue about giving money is not helping atol. Certain people gives me money when am opportuned to narrate my story but how long will the money last? Yes it wil give me food for a day or two but its not helping. I need a job!!

1 Like

Re: Suicide Is The Next And Only Option by Nobody: 11:27pm On May 30, 2015
MacMaster01:
Here's my account number..Onwuga kelvin..2008638669...zenith bank. Please I need a job. Help me with a job. I need a job

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Suicide Is The Next And Only Option by Nobody: 11:35pm On May 30, 2015
mrking3:
@OP! Sincerely! You can't attract sympathy with your above post! So many has gone through your predicament and even came out strong! Bros, if you ask me, would tell you to do something different to get result. See forget the fact you're a graduate and made a clean result! Get a low rated job to keep your body and soul together! I tell you! From there, something bigger will come! Firstly, I would suggest you learn to drive. Honestly, driving job is the easiest you can find and would be an added advantage to you as a graduate. I've heard testimonies of graduates that got good jobs from driving! It happens! I would also advice you register with some job agents you can find credible agents at TBS building! Left wing! Ask people around, they will direct you. Pls becareful so you don't fall into the hands of scammers! The agents there specializes in driving jobs, cooks and restuarant staff. I swear, it won't take you two days! And you'll get hooked up! And driving salary ranges from 50-70k! I know this suggestion isn't ok for a graduate! But I do believe it can open windows of opportunity for you. Just my two cent! Cheers!
Sir, I have applied as a dry cleaner in a laundary shop, I have applied as a typist, I have applied as a bar attendant and I have applied at gas station to be a sales rep...These are job that can pay atleast 15-20k but when there ask me to get my result and Cv I give the what I have. Atimes, I just don't undastand if its the 2.1, B.sc, or unizik that is making them not to call me back. For the part of driving, my drivers liscence I use in place of national I.D expired since 2013. Where will I get money for renewal? I have NO HELP. Am alone in this world
Re: Suicide Is The Next And Only Option by rattlesnake(m): 11:43pm On May 30, 2015
Village missiles niyen

2 Likes

Re: Suicide Is The Next And Only Option by MacMaster01(m): 11:43pm On May 30, 2015
Kio67:
Here's my account number..Onwuga kelvin..2008638669...zenith bank. Please I need a job. Help me with a job. I need a job
if I had a job for u, I'll hv definitely given u one, it's what i have i'll give cus I'm a fresh grad like u, bro suicide is never an option, as long as there's life there's hope Ecc 9:4, u can actually start a small trade or something at least to be living on.. until a better thing comes bcus something will definitely come

9 Likes

Re: Suicide Is The Next And Only Option by Nobody: 11:45pm On May 30, 2015
OP, what did you study?
Re: Suicide Is The Next And Only Option by Acidosis(m): 11:48pm On May 30, 2015
Just wondering. If you were courageous enough to train yourself at school, why don't you make similar attempt after school?

Most rely on parents for school fees and still make ridiculous grades. In your own case, you made an incredible grade amidst the hustles and stress. I see strength, bro. Why the uncle-theory? Where is your strength?

Some have uncles, but they don't rely on them. Be courageous and you'll overcome.

9 Likes

Re: Suicide Is The Next And Only Option by Nobody: 11:51pm On May 30, 2015
MacMaster01:

if I had a job for u, I'll hv definitely given u one, it's what i have i'll give cus I'm a fresh grad like u, bro suicide is never an option, as long as there's life there's hope Ecc 9:4, u can actually start a small trade or something at least to be living on.. until a better thing comes bcus something will definitely come
I am loosing such hope to believe you sir. Am sorry to sound that way but I have been through a lot of terrible things that has brought the only alternative to take my life because I SEE no point or reason to live and hope. Telling people my odeal and suffering makes me feel am a marketer or advertiser. There will just show sympathy and give words of encouragement without a help. Am even tired of telling the stories. Am simply a living dead..Very close to death and I don't want to hold my stomach and die because of hunger

1 Like

Re: Suicide Is The Next And Only Option by juniormusa(m): 12:01am On May 31, 2015
O.p committing suicide is not the best option for now,Hold on to God and and believe in him..
Your destiny can only be delayed but can not be denied..please think of the aftermath of committing suicide,Be more prayerful bro..
Re: Suicide Is The Next And Only Option by Icecream4U(m): 12:04am On May 31, 2015
Kio67:
I am loosing such hope to believe you sir. Am sorry to sound that way but I have been through a lot of terrible things that has brought the only alternative to take my life because I SEE no point or reason to live and hope. Telling people my odeal and suffering makes me feel am a marketer or advertiser. There will just show sympathy and give words of encouragement without a help. Am even tired of telling the stories. Am simply a living dead..Very close to death and I don't want to hold my stomach and die because of hunger
have you tried selling cold satchet water? People do it and with just #100 you can start.

1 Like

Re: Suicide Is The Next And Only Option by fattbabakay(m): 12:04am On May 31, 2015
smh...Naija

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicide Is The Next And Only Option by fharmah(m): 12:30am On May 31, 2015
embarassed guy u for use d money were u use open dis thread chop beta meal ,u no sabi manage o

1 Like

Re: Suicide Is The Next And Only Option by Nobody: 12:33am On May 31, 2015
Icecream4U:
have you tried selling cold satchet water? People do it and with just #100 you can start.

Lol, guy you baad oooooo.....Pure water for a whole graduate? Wwwhats the need of going to school then?

2 Likes

Re: Suicide Is The Next And Only Option by Davidolives(m): 12:54am On May 31, 2015
Alcatraz001:

Lol, guy you baad oooooo.....Pure water for a whole graduate? Wwwhats the need of going to school then?
forget dat graduate Shi.t I have hawked air freshener in hold up b4 just because I was desperate never to sit at home doing nothing,(immediately after service ooooo) and funny enough my parents are well to do but I have never relied on them for once,I put my trust in God and most importantly I say to myself dat if they can leave their village to come to the city to make it how much more me who have all to myself. in less than a week I got a mobile communication company calling me,in 2months with them I got another better and well known mobile communication calling me and I was even more confused on which one to take.

op the moral of the story is get up and b a man,I have seen women selling opa in hold up, if u commit suicide God will show u d man at v:I who can't talk and have no legs yet he is selling handkerchiefs on the street, and trust me God won't have sympathy on you at dat moment after you've taken ur life because he will tell u he has worse cases than yours and you let him waste his investment on you.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Suicide Is The Next And Only Option by scarplanet(m): 12:55am On May 31, 2015
Kio67:

1. Change your mindset.
2. Change your personality.
3. Change your CV.
Re: Suicide Is The Next And Only Option by CertifiedFreak(m): 12:59am On May 31, 2015
Suicide I've contemplated as well for different reasons tho. Thing is it just ain't the answer. I see your story and I know plethora of people who could identify. You've survived this long, dig deep some more. You'd look back on this experience wistfully once the paper starts rolling in.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Eduwalt Concierge Limited Job Recruitment / Oh My God! I Lost My Job! / CCSNL Calling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.