Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Maize Farming In Nigeria ( 2015 Season) - Challenges And Expectations. - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Maize Farming In Nigeria ( 2015 Season) - Challenges And Expectations. (38962 Views)

Snail Farming In Nigeria Made Easy, Practical Tips / Urgent Suggestion For Maize Farming / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maize Farming In Nigeria ( 2015 Season) - Challenges And Expectations. by Omo9ja147(m): 8:00pm On Oct 25, 2022
Seun:
Which of the yellow SeedCo did you plant? Was it the SC 510?
yes, SC 510 is good, but I used SC 745.... I followed all agronomic practices.... I used Nicosulfuron and Halosufuron at post emergence against nutsedge and shamva weed ... Check my siggy.... Check that farm.... 7 tonnes per hectare show ..... I planted 10 hectare..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maize Farming In Nigeria ( 2015 Season) - Challenges And Expectations. by OluchiDelly: 1:53am On Oct 26, 2022
Omo9ja147:
yes, SC 510 is good, but I used SC 745.... I followed all agronomic practices.... I used Nicosulfuron and Halosufuron at post emergence against nutsedge and shamva weed ... Check my siggy.... Check that farm.... 7 tonnes per hectare show ..... I planted 10 hectare..

good job bro.

your farm looks very green, 1. which fertilizer do you used?
2. how many Kg used for the 10 hectares?
3.which device did you use for planting?
4 any issue wth armyworms, i spotted few stands with armyworm infestation.
Re: Maize Farming In Nigeria ( 2015 Season) - Challenges And Expectations. by Omo9ja147(m): 6:18am On Oct 26, 2022
Thank you brother.

I used 2 bags of neem coated Indiana urea per hectare and i used a jab planter. For the army worm infestation, I am dealing with it as I am using panicilin and caton to destroy their generation.
OluchiDelly:

good job bro.

your farm looks very green, 1. which fertilizer do you used?
2. how many Kg used for the 10 hectares?
3.which device did you use for planting?
4 any issue wth armyworms, i spotted few stands with armyworm infestation.
Re: Maize Farming In Nigeria ( 2015 Season) - Challenges And Expectations. by OluchiDelly: 8:34pm On Oct 26, 2022
Omo9ja147:
Thank you brother.

I used 2 bags of neem coated Indiana urea per hectare and i used a jab planter. For the army worm infestation, I am dealing with it as I am using panicilin and caton to destroy their generation.

Well over a million naira project, you are doing well. FCT is close to you, fresh corn is like gold there. if you can penetrate their markets with the fresh corn, it will make alot of sense.
Re: Maize Farming In Nigeria ( 2015 Season) - Challenges And Expectations. by Omo9ja147(m): 9:46pm On Oct 26, 2022
OluchiDelly:

Well over a million naira project, you are doing well. FCT is close to you, fresh corn is like gold there. if you can penetrate their markets with the fresh corn, it will make alot of sense.
hmmmm.. I am working on dry season farming.... I will try Abuja.... Thanks for the advice...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Imota Rice Mill, Lagos Capable Of Producing 2.4 Million 50kg Bags Yearly / Daily Price Of Foodstuff And Commodities Uploaded / Anambra Stone Free Rice Ready For Export

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.