Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,911 members, 7,835,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Wanted Nyako Returns, Plans To Meet Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wanted Nyako Returns, Plans To Meet Buhari (991 Views)

Wanted Nyako Returns, Plans To Meet Buhari / Wanted Nyako Returns Home Today / Ambassadors And World Leaders Rush To Meet Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wanted Nyako Returns, Plans To Meet Buhari by Mcpadosky(m): 8:04am On May 31, 2015
Former Governor of Adamawa State, Admiral Murtala
Nyako (retd.), returned to Nigeria on Saturday.
Nyako, who arrived from London on a Lufthansa
Airline flight, landed at the Nnamdi Azikwe
International Airport, Abuja, around 4:42pm.
The former governor was received at the airport by
former governor of Gombe State, Sen. Danjuma Goje;
former governor of Zamfara State, Sen. Sani Yerima;
his son, Abdulazeez, and other political allies.
One of his aides, who spoke with our correspondent
on condition of anonymity, said Nyako decided to
return to Nigeria following the inauguration of
Muhammadu Buhari as President.
Nyako fled the country following his controversial
impeachment by the Adamawa State House of
Assembly.
His impeachment, which he is still contesting in
court, was said to have been as a result of his
disagreement with former President Goodluck
Jonathan.
The former naval chief had accused the then
President of having hands in the Boko Haram
menace ravaging the North-East.
His problem with his former political party, the
Peoples Democratic Party, started when the national
headquarters of the party in Abuja dissolved the
executives of the party in his state.
Nyako was one of the five governors that defected
from the PDP to the APC at the height of the PDP
crisis.
The former governor was declared wanted by the
Economic and Financial Crime Commission over
allegation of financial crimes.
It had not yet clear if the anti-corruption agency
would now arrest Nyako, who is currently in Abuja.
His political associates were said to be preparing a
heroic reception for him in Yola, Adamawa State
capital.
It was however gathered that Nyako would remain in
Abuja till Monday and that he was planning to see
Buhari before leaving the nation’s capital.
When contacted on the telephone, Nyako neither
denied whether he was going to meet the President
nor confirmed it, but he merely said that “I’m back.
Yes, I’m back in the country.”
He said the task of moving the country forward must
not be left in the hands of the President alone. “We
must all join hands with him to repair the country,”
he added.
But one of his aides said the former governor was
planning to meet with President Buhari.
He said, “Baba Maigoro (as the former governor is
called by his loyalists ) is planning to meet with the
President before going to Yola.
“I’m not sure when that would be, but I heard him
saying something like that. He is going to remain in
Abuja till Monday.”
www.punchng.com/news/wanted-nyako-returns-plans-to-meet-buhari/
Re: Wanted Nyako Returns, Plans To Meet Buhari by chekasforchekas: 8:07am On May 31, 2015
Oga welcome, life continuos
Re: Wanted Nyako Returns, Plans To Meet Buhari by loomer: 8:11am On May 31, 2015
Na all una sabi.

Everybody don de find baba favour
Re: Wanted Nyako Returns, Plans To Meet Buhari by Chiefpriest1(m): 8:12am On May 31, 2015
If baba is to do well, he should avoid people like nyako. There should be a clean break from the past
Re: Wanted Nyako Returns, Plans To Meet Buhari by Nobody: 8:17am On May 31, 2015
If found guilty of any crime , let him dance to the beat of justice
Re: Wanted Nyako Returns, Plans To Meet Buhari by Nobody: 8:19am On May 31, 2015
C
Re: Wanted Nyako Returns, Plans To Meet Buhari by PassingShot(m): 8:20am On May 31, 2015
I know that Nyako was a victim of GEJ's executive victimization of the opposition.

However, that should not excuse him if he actually has any case of corruption hanging on his neck. If he was truly declared wanted by EFCC, this is the time to arrest him.

If the EFCC Chairman is competent and wants to demonstrate it, now is the time to arrest Nyako and treat his case according to the laws.
Re: Wanted Nyako Returns, Plans To Meet Buhari by Mcpadosky(m): 8:22am On May 31, 2015
finally dis man is back, welcome the prodigal son. we have sent d shoeless clueless man back to otuoke were he belongs. days of impunity are over
Re: Wanted Nyako Returns, Plans To Meet Buhari by Nobody: 8:25am On May 31, 2015
A known looter and thief has been welcomed back by Buhari, what is the diffrence between Nyako and Diezani corruption wise? I'm not in support of selective justice

1 Like

Re: Wanted Nyako Returns, Plans To Meet Buhari by PassingShot(m): 8:27am On May 31, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
A known looter and thief has been welcomed back by Buhari, what is the diffrence between Nyako and Diezani corruption wise? I'm not in support of selective justice
How has Buhari welcomed him back?

Use your brain please. Just yesterday, the president said it clearly that no Nigerian should be stopped from entering or exiting the country provided they have not broken any law.

If Nyako truly had a case, now is the time for EFCC to arrest him.

1 Like

Re: Wanted Nyako Returns, Plans To Meet Buhari by Nobody: 8:34am On May 31, 2015
PassingShot:

How has Buhari welcomed him back?

Use your brain please. Just yesterday, the president said it clearly that no Nigerian should be stopped from entering or exiting the country provided they have not broken any law.

If Nyako truly had a case, now is the time for EFCC to arrest him.
I can bet my life that he will be guest of Buhari very soon
Re: Wanted Nyako Returns, Plans To Meet Buhari by PassingShot(m): 8:38am On May 31, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I can bet my life that he will be guest of Buhari very soon

And what has being guest of Buhari got to do with answering his case with EFCC.

Sylva, the former governor of Bayelsa still has a case with EFCC.

My message to you is that, allegation does not translate to guilty verdict.

As far as the president has not asked anyone not to be prosecuted of any allegation, he cannot deny them access or else people will start to cast aspersion on him.

Let EFCC do their job is the man truly has a case to answer and not a trumped up charge by GEJ.
Re: Wanted Nyako Returns, Plans To Meet Buhari by Nobody: 8:48am On May 31, 2015
PassingShot:

And what has being guest of Buhari got to do with answering his case with EFCC.

Sylva, the former governor of Bayelsa still has a case with EFCC.

My message to you is that, allegation does not translate to guilty verdict.

As far as the president has not asked anyone not to be prosecuted of any allegation, he cannot deny them access or else people will start to cast aspersion on him.

Let EFCC do their job is the man truly has a case to answer and not a trumped up charge by GEJ.
I love the part where you said *allegation doesn't translate to guilty verdict*, why has GEJ association with some *corrupt elements* being villified since none of them have been indicted.
Uwa na turn by turn, what goes around comes around.

1 Like

Re: Wanted Nyako Returns, Plans To Meet Buhari by Nobody: 8:53am On May 31, 2015
Okay
Re: Wanted Nyako Returns, Plans To Meet Buhari by PassingShot(m): 8:54am On May 31, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I love the part where you said *allegation doesn't translate to guilty verdict*, why has GEJ association with some *corrupt elements* being villified since none of them have been indicted.
You're attempting to be smart but mba!

GEJ's ministers had serious allegations hanging on them. His problem was stalling their investigations!

Some were not even allegations but clear cases of corruption. Example was Stella Oduah's case. Another was Abba Moro.

And what did he do with PWC's report which indicted Diezani?

Please stop wasting your time with GEJ. He remains the most corrupt president in the history of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Wanted Nyako Returns, Plans To Meet Buhari by Mcpadosky(m): 9:05am On May 31, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
nyako is a product of gej witch hunting, just because he said the truth and gej bribed d house of assembly to impeach him through d back door. If not so why haven't d likes of fayose, TA orji been impeached? are they better than nyako? anyway watching in 4D time shall tell.
Re: Wanted Nyako Returns, Plans To Meet Buhari by Nobody: 9:28am On May 31, 2015
PassingShot:

You're attempting to be smart but mba!

GEJ's ministers had serious allegations hanging on them. His problem was stalling their investigations!

Some were not even allegations but clear cases of corruption. Example was Stella Oduah's case. Another was Abba Moro.

And what did he do with PWC's report which indicted Diezani?

Please stop wasting your time with GEJ. He remains the most corrupt president in the history of Nigeria.
he who comes to equity must come with clean hands, Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, In Gej's case it is serious allegation while Buhari's own will be allegation. Corruption is Corruption please
Re: Wanted Nyako Returns, Plans To Meet Buhari by after1: 3:03pm On May 31, 2015
[s]
ECOTERRORS:
[/s]

Radical transgender fool. Your tormentor is back to make life miserable for you. E-goat

(1) (Reply)

This Is Wickedness! See Amaechi In Dustbin(pix) / Flashback 1994: MKO First Appearance In Court(photo) / I Won’t Resign – Lasun (deputy Speaker, House Of Reps)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.