Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,304 members, 7,850,083 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:06 PM

I Used To Beg For Money To Eat – Tonto Dikeh Revealed - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Used To Beg For Money To Eat – Tonto Dikeh Revealed (2132 Views)

Davido Replies Hushpuppi, Reveals Hush Sent Boys To Beg On His Behalf / I Used My Office Rent For MMM-Media Personality Noble Igwe cries out / I Used To Beg For Money To Eat — Tonto Dikeh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Used To Beg For Money To Eat – Tonto Dikeh Revealed by Kakakino(m): 9:16am On May 31, 2015
There are many sides to everybody. For Tonto Dikeh, it seems the side that is well known is the wild one. Controversial as many may think this singer and actress is, she does have her subtle side and she laid it on the line for everyone to see in an Instagram post on Wednesday by telling whoever cares to listen her story of humble beginning.

I Used To Beg For Money To Eat – Tonto Dikeh “Growing up life was not easy, not after I lost my mom at the age of three. Though I thank my step mom for keeping up with my rudeness and stubbornness. Sometimes, I felt like killing myself but God saw me through that stage in my life and sometimes I sit and ask God why me?

At the age of twenty, I said to myself `I wouldn’t ask my dad for money- I wanted to be independent. I tried traveling to UK but I got refused at Nigerian Embassy, not because my documents were not complete but because I didn’t have the connection to pass through.

University life was so hard for me, handouts I could not afford, I begged from hand to mouth just to eat! Sometimes, I considered going back to my dad but ego and pride wouldn’t let me. Then, all my jeans were Alaba bend-down-select. If the jeans was longer than me I would cut it to my size to make it look rugged! If I asked friends for a favour, before they helped they would ask me to do something for them in return, like cleaning their rooms, or helping with course work”

Tonto then went on to advise her fans never to give up in their struggle to make it in life. For sometime now, Tonto has been engaging in a soft kind of motivational talks on social media, showing people there might be another side to the controversial figure we all hate to love.

SOURCE: http://www.kakakino.com/2015/05/i-used-to-beg-for-money-to-eat-tonto-dikeh/

Re: I Used To Beg For Money To Eat – Tonto Dikeh Revealed by weirdtee: 9:25am On May 31, 2015
*yinmu*
Re: I Used To Beg For Money To Eat – Tonto Dikeh Revealed by icebebe(f): 9:29am On May 31, 2015
cry cry cry it's touching
Re: I Used To Beg For Money To Eat – Tonto Dikeh Revealed by Zellie: 9:34am On May 31, 2015
Tonto shut up
Re: I Used To Beg For Money To Eat – Tonto Dikeh Revealed by VIPERVENOM(m): 10:43am On May 31, 2015
Tell us another lie

(1) (Reply)

Leaked-video-that-made-a-master-to-sack- / Caught Bleaching? See Tiwa Savage's Photo That Stirred Up Controversy / Helen Paul Strikes A Sexy Pose In New Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.