Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Wanted Nyako Returns, Unarrested. Plans To Visit Buhari! Nigerians React: Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wanted Nyako Returns, Unarrested. Plans To Visit Buhari! Nigerians React: Punch (886 Views)

PDP Leaders Ready To Visit Buhari In London / Donald Duke And Wife Visit Buhari (photo) / Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wanted Nyako Returns, Unarrested. Plans To Visit Buhari! Nigerians React: Punch by ALISMILE(m): 5:19pm On May 31, 2015
Former Governor of Adamawa State, Admiral
Murtala Nyako (retd.), returned to Nigeria on
Saturday.
Nyako, who arrived from London on a Lufthansa
Airline flight, landed at the Nnamdi Azikwe
International Airport, Abuja, around 4:42pm.
The former governor was received at the airport
by former governor of Gombe State, Sen.
Danjuma Goje; former governor of Zamfara
State, Sen. Sani Yerima; his son, Abdulazeez, and
other political allies.
One of his aides, who spoke with our
correspondent on condition of anonymity, said
Nyako decided to return to Nigeria following the
inauguration of Muhammadu Buhari as
President.
Nyako fled the country following his
controversial impeachment by the Adamawa
State House of Assembly.
His impeachment, which he is still contesting in
court, was said to have been as a result of his
disagreement with former President Goodluck
Jonathan.
The former naval chief had accused the then
President of having hands in the Boko Haram
menace ravaging the North-East.
His problem with his former political party, the
Peoples Democratic Party, started when the
national headquarters of the party in Abuja
dissolved the executives of the party in his state.
Nyako was one of the five governors that
defected from the PDP to the APC at the height
of the PDP crisis.
The former governor was declared wanted by
the Economic and Financial Crime Commission
over allegation of financial crimes.
It had not yet clear if the anti-corruption agency
would now arrest Nyako, who is currently in
Abuja.
His political associates were said to be preparing
a heroic reception for him in Yola, Adamawa
State capital.
It was however gathered that Nyako would
remain in Abuja till Monday and that he was
planning to see Buhari before leaving the
nation’s capital.
When contacted on the telephone, Nyako neither
denied whether he was going to meet the
President nor confirmed it, but he merely said
that “I’m back. Yes, I’m back in the country.”
He said the task of moving the country forward
must not be left in the hands of the President
alone. “We must all join hands with him to repair
the country,” he added.
But one of his aides said the former governor
was planning to meet with President Buhari.
He said, “Baba Maigoro (as the former governor
is called by his loyalists ) is planning to meet with
the President before going to Yola.
“I’m not sure when that would be, but I heard
him saying something like that. He is going to
remain in Abuja till Monday.”. www.punchng.com/news/wanted-nyako-returns-plans-to-meet-buhari/

Re: Wanted Nyako Returns, Unarrested. Plans To Visit Buhari! Nigerians React: Punch by SHARIAREPORTERS: 5:22pm On May 31, 2015
Plans to visit Buhari Make I dhe wash how tinz go unfold Buhari no go wan try shitz
Re: Wanted Nyako Returns, Unarrested. Plans To Visit Buhari! Nigerians React: Punch by Jorussia(m): 5:23pm On May 31, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:
Plans to visit Buhari Make I dhe wash how tinz go unfold Buhari no go wan try shitz
bros how market na?
Re: Wanted Nyako Returns, Unarrested. Plans To Visit Buhari! Nigerians React: Punch by SHARIAREPORTERS: 5:24pm On May 31, 2015
Re: Wanted Nyako Returns, Unarrested. Plans To Visit Buhari! Nigerians React: Punch by doublewisdom: 5:24pm On May 31, 2015
Interesting!
Re: Wanted Nyako Returns, Unarrested. Plans To Visit Buhari! Nigerians React: Punch by ALISMILE(m): 5:26pm On May 31, 2015
Patience Jonathan will be patiently waiting to see!
Re: Wanted Nyako Returns, Unarrested. Plans To Visit Buhari! Nigerians React: Punch by Caseless: 5:27pm On May 31, 2015
Nyako, we welcome you !
That hat-capped effete and clueless drunkard that wanted your head at all cost was sacked by Nigerians too. He's currently in Otuoke cooling his feet and taking shots of ogogoro.
Baba mai mangworo, we love you!
Re: Wanted Nyako Returns, Unarrested. Plans To Visit Buhari! Nigerians React: Punch by Adeyinka12(m): 5:27pm On May 31, 2015
Before i fully comment,what is the essence of his travel.
Re: Wanted Nyako Returns, Unarrested. Plans To Visit Buhari! Nigerians React: Punch by ALISMILE(m): 5:32pm On May 31, 2015
Caseless:
Nyako, we welcome you !
That hat-capped effete and clueless drunkard that wanted your head at all cost was sacked by Nigerians too.
Baba mai mangworo, we love you!
After u finish lovin him, he better pay that expected visit to EFCC!
Re: Wanted Nyako Returns, Unarrested. Plans To Visit Buhari! Nigerians React: Punch by Cally01(m): 5:34pm On May 31, 2015
Hit the like button if you think the guy above me want to go and poo in dat uncompleted building..
Re: Wanted Nyako Returns, Unarrested. Plans To Visit Buhari! Nigerians React: Punch by Caseless: 5:38pm On May 31, 2015
ALISMILE:
After u finish lovin him, he better pay that expected visit to EFCC!
that case before efcc was a fabricated one and it shall die a natural death very soon.
Re: Wanted Nyako Returns, Unarrested. Plans To Visit Buhari! Nigerians React: Punch by ALISMILE(m): 5:44pm On May 31, 2015
PMB shud be very very careful!
Re: Wanted Nyako Returns, Unarrested. Plans To Visit Buhari! Nigerians React: Punch by 2cato: 5:45pm On May 31, 2015
Bunch of thieves
Re: Wanted Nyako Returns, Unarrested. Plans To Visit Buhari! Nigerians React: Punch by ROCKJ1(m): 5:55pm On May 31, 2015
Buhari should avoid such people so they don't dent his image.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari To Visit Chad, Niger, Wednesday, For Boko Haram Talks / Photo:former President Goodluck Jonathan Seen At Heathrow Airport / Jonathan’s Close Ally Defects To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.