Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,164 members, 7,811,373 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Planning A Trip To Europe? Ask Me (holidays Only) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Planning A Trip To Europe? Ask Me (holidays Only) (2832 Views)

A Trip To Porto-novo's Historical Sites (pics) / Two Nigerian Kids Crying After Losing Mum At Sea On Their Way To Europe / Antarctica: A Trip To The Coldest, Windiest, And Driest Continent On The Planet. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Planning A Trip To Europe? Ask Me (holidays Only) by fajigirl(f): 8:10pm On May 31, 2015
I lost my previous log in details so had to create a new profile. I love to travel and I am hoping to connect with other people that share my interests. This post is specifically for those that have questions about European cities and countries. I know Europe very well and can provide guidance on places to visit, accommodation, things to do and budget. I hope that will make you guys trust my guidance. Perhaps I will also end up making new travel buddies grin
Re: Planning A Trip To Europe? Ask Me (holidays Only) by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 31, 2015
fajigirl:
I lost my previous log in details so had to create a new profile. I love to travel and I am hoping to connect with other people that share my interests. This post is specifically for those that have questions about European cities and countries. I know Europe very well and can provide guidance on places to visit, accommodation, things to do and budget. I hope that will make you guys trust my guidance. Perhaps I will also end up making new travel buddies grin

how many months can a 1000euros sustain u,lets say like a place like spain and secondly SPAIN OR HOLLAND which place is more work-friendly for blacks?

1 Like

Re: Planning A Trip To Europe? Ask Me (holidays Only) by fajigirl(f): 9:03pm On May 31, 2015
In terms of my guidance as per the post topic I can only provide guidance on holidays so don't rely on what I say for work. Given the economic downturn I would say it would be tougher to find a job in Spain and I find the Spanish peeps to be more racist. In general, continental Europe is cheaper so 1000 euros should get you about 2-3 months depending on if you do room share and what you eat etc. This of course would be a very tight budget and you might need to trek a lot more and eat less frequently.

1 Like

Re: Planning A Trip To Europe? Ask Me (holidays Only) by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 31, 2015
THANKS.
Re: Planning A Trip To Europe? Ask Me (holidays Only) by fajigirl(f): 9:58pm On May 31, 2015
yes hotel booking for most countries and a healthy, CONSISTENT bank balance to show your visa purpose is genuine is good enough.
Re: Planning A Trip To Europe? Ask Me (holidays Only) by Kunle28: 10:07pm On May 31, 2015
fajigirl:
yes hotel booking for most countries and a healthy, CONSISTENT bank balance to show your visa purpose is genuine is good enough.
Recommend 1 or 2 hotels..or will my normal booking.com reservation work
What amount's healthy?? Is bout 4mill+?? What's ur best schengen country in terms of hospitality and pricing??
Re: Planning A Trip To Europe? Ask Me (holidays Only) by MRBrownJ: 11:17pm On May 31, 2015
markkaycee:
how many months can a 1000euros sustain u,lets say like a place like spain and secondly SPAIN OR HOLLAND which place is more work-friendly for blacks?

1st, you have to give more infos of what you are going to do there? if you know anybody there? if you have a valid working visa,your education/skills etc
btw: some people would be able to last a year with that money while others wouldnt last 1 month.

2nd, everyone knows that Spain is not the best place to go to right now as their economy is not the best, but Holland is a very small country and therefore both will be the same really. one aspect that you have to consider is LANGUAGE, before evaluating such places for travel. it will take you at least a few months to learn the language and have a MENIAL job, let alone some proper employment where you need to be fluent in the language!

3rd, you have to get this "black friendly" disease out of your mind, because if you dont, you will always fail in life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Planning A Trip To Europe? Ask Me (holidays Only) by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 31, 2015
MRBrownJ:

1st, you have to give more infos of what you are going to do there? if you know anybody there? if you have a valid working visa,your education/skills etc
btw: some people would be able to last a year with that money while others wouldnt last 1 month.

2nd, everyone knows that Spain is not the best place to go to right now as their economy is not the best, but Holland is a very small country and therefore both will be the same really. one aspect that you have to consider is LANGUAGE, before evaluating such places for travel. it will take you at least a few months to learn the language and have a MENIAL job, let alone some proper employment where you need to be fluent in the language!

3rd, you have to get this "black friendly" disease out of your mind, because if you dont, you will always fail in life.
THANKS!!
Re: Planning A Trip To Europe? Ask Me (holidays Only) by fajigirl(f): 3:31am On Jun 01, 2015
Kunle28:

Recommend 1 or 2 hotels..or will my normal booking.com reservation work
What amount's healthy?? Is bout 4mill+?? What's ur best schengen country in terms of hospitality and pricing??

I don't think visa criteria is dependent on the number of hotels booked so you can book 10, 20 etc if your itinerary or budget requires it. Booking.com reservation should be fine. "Healthy" is subjective but it should mean enough so you won't be a burden when you arrive in the country and enough to show that you are comfortable in your country of origin. Having on average N300k a month in your account with evidence of plane ticket money and accommodation for your travel is a good start. Do not "dump" or lodge large sum of money into your account that cannot be explained or is not consistent with your account profile. Some countries will specify how much they expect prospective visa applicants to budget, I would expect them to look for this evidence in your application. Best Schengen country for the reasons you mentioned will be Belgium. I have a trip report on Brussels on my travel blog fajigirl.com if you want to find out more.
Re: Planning A Trip To Europe? Ask Me (holidays Only) by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 01, 2015
This is beatiful
Re: Planning A Trip To Europe? Ask Me (holidays Only) by nna4ke: 8:10pm On Jun 02, 2015
fajigirl:

I don't think visa criteria is dependent on the number of hotels booked so you can book 10, 20 etc if your itinerary or budget requires it. Booking.com reservation should be fine. "Healthy" is subjective but it should mean enough so you won't be a burden when you arrive in the country and enough to show that you are comfortable in your country of origin. Having on average N300k a month in your account with evidence of plane ticket money and accommodation for your travel is a good start. Do not "dump" or lodge large sum of money into your account that cannot be explained or is not consistent with your account profile. Some countries will specify how much they expect prospective visa applicants to budget, I would expect them to look for this evidence in your application. Best Schengen country for the reasons you mentioned will be Belgium. I have a trip report on Brussels on my travel blog fajigirl.com if you want to find out more.

Hello Fajigirl, pls myself and my wife plan to take a vacation trip to Germany can you advice on the budget level?

Also, do German Embassy really verify the BS?

Lastly, which is the best way to go about the processing... althought both of us are working class and I operate my personal business also registered under Nigeria government.

I look forward to your reply.
thanks.
Re: Planning A Trip To Europe? Ask Me (holidays Only) by fajigirl(f): 8:35pm On Jun 02, 2015
nna4ke:

Hello Fajigirl, pls myself and my wife plan to take a vacation trip to Germany can you advice on the budget level?

Also, do German Embassy really verify the BS?

Lastly, which is the best way to go about the processing... althought both of us are working class and I operate my personal business also registered under Nigeria government.

I look forward to your reply.
thanks.

I need to know the type of holiday you are planning e.g. luxury, mid-range or budget holiday and the length of stay to advise on the budget. Germany is one of the cheaper European countries to go to.
I don't know about the verification of the bank statement maybe other nairalanders can advise? or I can find out for you. My guess is that all embassies conduct at least basic verification.
In terms of the approach, I would say think simplicity. If adding your business info will lead to more questions and request for more documentation then I will leave this out for now but you might need it if for example, to evidence your financial standing. It is difficult to provide guidance without having the full picture. Maybe use the contact page of my travel blog fajigirl.com for more information.

My general advise for visa applications is that it is first a tick box exercise which means use the application form as a guide and make sure you fulfil the requirements listed first. Then think of it as a psychological test. Does your application evidence someone who has a reason to return to their home country?
Re: Planning A Trip To Europe? Ask Me (holidays Only) by fajigirl(f): 9:56pm On Jun 02, 2015
Ok. Yes, get a tourist visa.
Re: Planning A Trip To Europe? Ask Me (holidays Only) by fajigirl(f): 5:12am On Jun 03, 2015
They are both about the same but Belgium just edges re: more welcoming and I think Nigerians find Germany easier to integrate in. Again we are veering away from holiday guidance which is my intention of this post grin Also I am a girl hence, my name fajigirl (my travel blog also shows my pic) wink.
Re: Planning A Trip To Europe? Ask Me (holidays Only) by justwise(m): 7:56am On Jun 03, 2015
@All

Please read the title of this thread before asking question. This is not visa or hustling enquiry thread.

Stop asking for visa requirements or work opportunities here because i will remove such post

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Planning A Trip To Europe? Ask Me (holidays Only) by fajigirl(f): 7:24pm On Jun 04, 2015
justwise:
@All
Please read the title of this thread before asking question. This is not visa or hustling enquiry thread.
Stop asking for visa requirements or work opportunities here because i will remove such post
Thank you

Looks like everyone is about visa or hustling grin and we wonder why the embassies make it tough for peeps to get visa. So i'm guessing Nigerians don't travel for fun
Re: Planning A Trip To Europe? Ask Me (holidays Only) by MRBrownJ: 9:42pm On Jun 04, 2015
^^^^having lived in Norway and Denmark, i can tell you that yes these countries are a bit more expensive....but you can always manage depending on the trip you are planning and where you are going (cities). Norway has the most things to see and do Fjords, cities, countryside, but thats if you want to travel around the country.

as for most pricy countries in Scandinavia, i would say Norway (Oslo) is the most expensive, then Denmark (Copenhagen), then Sweden (Stockholm) and last Finland...... but IMHO, as a tourist Norway is the shiiit while Finland is not that funky at all.

you could always rent a car and drive around all Scandinavia, could be quite cheap too. Oslo is just 3hrs from Goteborg and 6hrs from Stockholm. from Stockholm you can catch the ferry to Helsinki or drive to Copenhagen in about 6hrs.
Re: Planning A Trip To Europe? Ask Me (holidays Only) by justwise(m): 10:05pm On Jun 04, 2015
fajigirl:

Looks like everyone is about visa or hustling grin and we wonder why the embassies make it tough for peeps to get visa. So i'm guessing Nigerians don't travel for fun

Hardly, this is why getting visiting visa is so difficult because people abuse it more than any other type of visa.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Is England Better Than Ireland And Scotland? / Which Country Can I Travel To With 500k To Hustle. / Spanish Embassy In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.