Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,590 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

2015 Polls: How PDP Money Strategy Backfired – Tanko Yakassai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Polls: How PDP Money Strategy Backfired – Tanko Yakassai (413 Views)

Inconclusive Polls: How INEC Broke The Jinx In Edo & Ondo / APC Will Lose In 2019 - Yakassai / Anenih Lied, I Didn’t Receive Up To N63m From Him- Yakassai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2015 Polls: How PDP Money Strategy Backfired – Tanko Yakassai by abicoco: 6:36am On Jun 01, 2015
Description
READ MORE ,News ,Jobs , Health Tips,Fashion, buy and Sell .ON http://trade./
Elder-statesman Alhaji Tanko Yakasai, was a frontline leader of the Northern Elements Progressive Union, NEPU during the First Republic and played an active part in the politics of the Second Republic having been a member of the National Party of Nigeria, NPN and was Special Adviser to President Shehu Shagari on National Assembly Matters.

Yakasai was the brain behind the Northern Elders’ Council, NEC, a strongly partisan group that favoured the re-election of former President Goodluck Jonathan. In this interview, Yakasai bares his mind on why he supported Jonathan, reasons the former president failed and his scepticisms on the capacity of President Muhammadu Buhari among other issues. Excerpts:

You were really involved in the election and your party lost. How does it feel?
You misunderstood me. I don’t belong to any party. I left party politics since 2001 and today I have never joined any party. I did that purposely so that I can be free to say what is on my mind so that I don’t have party encumbrance.

Tanko Yakassai
In that case, President Goodluck Jonathan, the candidate you supported lost.

He conceded. If he conceded, what about those of us that supported him? We conceded along with him. That is the end of the matter and this is the first time in the history of Nigeria; it is not an easy thing either in the local government, state or presidential election, state assembly, National Assembly, this is the first time a candidate has voluntarily conceded defeat even before a formal announcement of a winner was made.
It is not an easy thing, but if the man you are supporting conceded defeat during election, then what is your concern? We supported him to win and he didn’t win that is the end of the matter. He will wait for another day if he is alive and we are still alive and if he is interested he will contest and if we still feel we should support him, we will support him.
In your own view, did the PDP really work?

They didn’t work. They took things for granted. There were two things that happened apart from their opponent’s efforts. First, PDP members believed that work or no work, they will win the election because they were controlling the federal and state government, so, they did not work. Secondly, PDP as a party and the Presidential Campaign Organisation didn’t start serious activities for the election until just a few weeks to the election.

I understand that few weeks to the election, they started sending out funds for the campaign. All the time they were going around the country, they were just sending funds only for the purpose of the rallies and no funds continue reading from source click http://trade./ads/2015-polls-how-pdp-money-strategy-backfired-tanko-yakassai/
Re: 2015 Polls: How PDP Money Strategy Backfired – Tanko Yakassai by Caseless: 6:39am On Jun 01, 2015
Trust these men at your own peril.
Whatever it is they did or failed to do that led to the emergence of Buhari and kicking out of PDP/Dr. Clueless, we thank them for it.
Useless people!
Re: 2015 Polls: How PDP Money Strategy Backfired – Tanko Yakassai by coolcharm(m): 6:53am On Jun 01, 2015
Lol. Now I can't stop smiling

(1) (Reply)

And Sepp Blatter Resigns / APC Plotting To Plunge Nigeria Into Anarchy" - PDP Alleges / Should PMB Relocate To Maiduguri Alongside Defence Headquaters ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.