Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Wike, Now That You Are Governor Of Rivers State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike, Now That You Are Governor Of Rivers State (530 Views)

These Are Governor El Rufai Controversial Tweets. / Buhari Sanction Wike Now!!! - APC / Cogent Reason Buhari Must Probe GOV Wike Now. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike, Now That You Are Governor Of Rivers State by tvradio: 8:07am On Jun 01, 2015
WIKE, NOW THAT YOU ARE GOVERNOR OF RIVERS STATE

It is no more news that the long awaited inauguration and handover ceremony has come and gone, neither is it news that your greatest expectation in life has finally come to pass. What is still news in town now are the issues of the common man and the fulfillment of your campaign promises to the common people of Rivers State. You have set the pace by immediately appointing a Chief Judge for the State, and re-instating the ASUU workers of the Rivers State University of Science and Technology, whose salaries had not being paid in the last 3 years. The zero pot holes initiative kicking off immediately, all point to the fact that you are set to go. I must say that it was a show of bravado and “can do spirit “on your part.

I have a challenge though, because I have keenly and carefully followed some of your public events especially after you were declared the winner of the election. My take, Rivers State especially before we discovered the out gone Governor, had given mostly men both elective and appointive positions to handle, leaving the women folk in the background as mere Asoebi wearers and clappers in all State functions. What a shame. It is in the light of the foregoing, that I have taken time to remind you that the just concluded government tried to give some women positions of authority never ever seen before in Rivers State, though the women were so selfish and stingy that they could not mentor other women and as such, I want to urge you to surpass Amaechi’s gesture to women folk in the State not just by choosing a Female Deputy, but in all other aspects like Appointments, jobs and contracts issuance.
The women folk must grow above mere Asoebi wearers in your administration. As home builders give them opportunities to help build Rivers State and make it the best State for our children and generation yet unborn. The youths must live above making militancy and crime the first and last option for their survival as well as the unemployed, are expected to be engaged in different jobs positions that your administration will begin to evolve to make each and every one part of the Gov. Wike led government. May your administration not remind us or take us back to the days of militancy. May it not take us back to the days when buying a piece of electronics as poor residence of Diobu and its environs, means more levy for the electronics buyer and more income for the government or should I say “Government boys”, by way of illegal levies . May we not go back to the days when fake uniforms and red eyed, fearful looking guys make government roads their personal properties arresting and embarrassing innocent and ordinary Rivers residents in the name of wrong parking and stickers. May we not go back to Thomas Hobbes State of nature where only the strong and brutish survive.

Wike, now that you are Governor, strife hard to give Rivers people not just the dividend of Democracy, but a worthy, well deserved and justifiable portion of the “State Cake” plus we would love to be sleeping with both eyes closed and I can assure you that getting the overall support of the people of Rivers State will be a work over for you. I REST MY CASE. Least I forgot, Congratulobia Chief. Barr.Ezenwo Nyesom Wike.

Ned,l.Ned
Media Consultant.
Re: Wike, Now That You Are Governor Of Rivers State by izeeqpotter(m): 8:08am On Jun 01, 2015
;DOkay o! But come on Man.. Its just a few days and he's done these? Then, I'd say 'He hit the ground running'.
Re: Wike, Now That You Are Governor Of Rivers State by shaiba(f): 8:09am On Jun 01, 2015
In case.... smiley
Re: Wike, Now That You Are Governor Of Rivers State by slimup: 12:42pm On Jun 01, 2015
Good writeup. we pray he be the Messiah.

(1) (Reply)

The Fight For Uniabuja Seat Of Power / Senators, Reps To Leave With 109 Jeeps, 360 Exotic Cars / Igbo Corp Member Converts To Islam To Fulfill Buhari Vow (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.