Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,020 members, 7,818,022 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:59 AM

234Ent's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 234Ent's Profile / 234Ent's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by 234Ent(m): 5:39am On Sep 07, 2018
Exciting opportunity for Bloggers!

There is job opportunity available with FBtutorial for a position as Content Curator/Blogger.

The right candidate will have passion for writing and is current with latest stories/news about Facebook; you should also be current with Facebook practices/policies.

Good writing skills (without misspellings/typos), how to properly copy/paste, design story pictures and publish articles (i.e, facebook news, tutorials, guide, etc) is required for this job. Take a look at our articles, if you can write in the same fashion and even better you're welcome!

Knowledge of, and experience with WordPress is a plus but not necessary as we can train the ideal candidate.

Job duties include:

• Posting facebook tutorial, news, guide and tips on our website
• Sharing story pics/videos and post links on our Facebook Page
• Moderating our Facebook Group and Facebook Page
• NO copying and pasting of news without adding any value; such as unique title, unique excerpt, unique descriptions, etc.

It's that simple.

Compensation: Monthly payment based on performance

If interested, pls contact us via our website and we will stay in touch!

*NOTE: Mention Nairaland Jobs/Vacancies in your email. **Alternatively, you can contact me directly via Nairaland.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Jobs/vacancies Section Chatroom by 234Ent(m): 2:28am On Feb 12, 2018
Good day peeps,

Wishing you all a happy new week!

There is job opportunity available with NigeriaTrends for a position as Content Curator/Blogger.

The right candidate will have passion for writing and is current with latest story trends, online and social media.

Good writing skills (without misspellings/typos), how to copy/paste, upload clear story pictures and publish articles (i.e, nigeria news, world news, etc) is required for this job.

Knowledge of, and experience with WordPress is a plus but not necessary as we can train the ideal candidate.

Job duties include:

• Posting nigeria news, africa and world news, viral content on our website
• Sharing story pics/videos and post links on our Facebook Page
• Moderating our Facebook Group and Facebook Page
• No copying and pasting of news without adding any value; such as unique title, unique excerpt, unique descriptions, etc.

It's that simple.

Compensation: Monthly payment based on performance

If interested, pls contact us via our website and we will stay in touch!

*NOTE: Mention Nairaland Jobs/Vacancies in your email. **Alternatively, you can contact me directly via Nairaland.

1 Like

Art, Graphics & Video / Re: How Can I Stream Live Video With Facebook by 234Ent(m): 9:23pm On Sep 20, 2017
Along with your camera, you will also need a video converter/recorder, HDMI cable (if your camera supports it), RCA cable if your converter uses it.

See this video -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5eBN5Fuks0
Business / Celebrity Gist Blog With Over 30K Facebook Page Likes, Earning $113/mo Adsense by 234Ent(m): 2:08am On Apr 27, 2017
Online Business In a Box! Easy to manage. Start Earning Right Away!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5216799_businessblogforsale_jpegd76489454d1d1a0f5fb58271728bef2e

We have a popular Celebrity Gist Blog (Nollywood Niche) with over 30K Facebook Page Likes, 186 Twitter Followers, 152 Instagram Followers. Including over 700 registered site users.

The website is earning an average of $113/Mo with Adsense.

All content are unique (no copy & paste), well constructed, SEO friendly and contain no grammatical errors.

Google Analytics Traffic Stats (Last 30 Days)

• 55,007 Users

• 78,712 Sessions

• 143,476 Pageviews

Top 5 Countries (Visitors)

1. Nigeria
2. United States
3. Ghana
4. United Kingdom
5. South Africa
6. Kenya (Bonus)

In that order...

This is an online business, with very low overhead/expenses.

Currently considering offers. Serious buyers only should send PM. The website name will not be publicly disclosed.

Thanks!

Webmasters / Re: Webmasters, Content Curators Wanted For A Nigerian News Website by 234Ent(m): 12:10am On Mar 12, 2016
Mayfrank:

I didn't receive any response

@Frank pls use the contact form to reach out if you haven't done so yet. All who initially sent a request have been replied accordingly.

http://nigeriatrends.com/contact-us/
Webmasters / Re: Webmasters, Content Curators Wanted For A Nigerian News Website by 234Ent(m): 6:14pm On Feb 17, 2016
Hey peeps!

Attention, all those who have shown interest in becoming a part of the NigeriaTrends.com team (@Mayfrank @sherifos @Emmanuel950 @persistenc @G3wapSites) -- If you sent a message via the http://nigeriatrends.com/contact-us/ Contact Page, you should have received a response by now.

I'm just finishing up with the revamping of NigeriaTrends.com to improve user experience. Therefore, interested Content Curators and Bloggers should follow-up via email to get an account created right away.

If you have any questions, do let me know.

Webmasters / Re: Webmasters, Content Curators Wanted For A Nigerian News Website by 234Ent(m): 3:00pm On Nov 08, 2015
hostkobo:

Hi there,

Interested

I can help as webmaster/ admin / webdev

Regards

HK

Thank you for your interest. How many years experience do you have in the web space? (Your website is under construction)
Webmasters / Re: Webmasters, Content Curators Wanted For A Nigerian News Website by 234Ent(m): 2:54pm On Nov 08, 2015
Mayfrank:

Yes...I'm familiar with both.
check my blog via my signature

Have seen your blog, looks good. Will be contacting you momentarily to discuss more about this opportunity.
Webmasters / Re: Webmasters, Content Curators Wanted For A Nigerian News Website by 234Ent(m): 2:52pm On Nov 07, 2015
Mayfrank:

interested

Thank you for your interest @Mayfrank. Are you familiar with WordPress or blogging? Do you currently have a blog or website?
Webmasters / Webmasters, Content Curators Wanted For A Nigerian News Website by 234Ent(m): 2:47pm On Nov 07, 2015
I'm looking to partner with Webmasters and Content Curators for a Nigerian News Website that has been live since 2011, but not actively maintained.

The website is: NigeriaTrends.com (a very unique domain name).

The site is built on WordPress and is ready to undergo changes including mobile responsiveness, new logo and a more advanced WP theme.

Content Curators would regularly publish news related to Nigeria on the website and also share it across all social platforms, including Twitter and Facebook.

Content curation is the process of sorting through the vast amounts of content on the web and presenting it in a meaningful and organized way around a specific theme. The work involves sifting, sorting, arranging, and publishing information.

If interested, use the contact form on the website to reach out, or reply to this thread to express your interest in the opportunity. Revenue generated from the website will be shared with content curators / webmaster.

Food / Re: Indomie Noodles Vs Dangote Noodles by 234Ent(m): 3:28am On May 11, 2015
Time to revive this interesting topic.

Can someone be kind enough to elaborate on the differences between Dangote noodles and Indomie noodles? It would be better if the differentiation is based on each products ingredients. Let us be neutral in our comparison and not base it on favoritism.
Celebrities / Nollywood Producer Chidi Chijioke Prepares For Traditional Marriage by 234Ent(m): 10:26pm On Apr 14, 2013
Friends, colleagues, and well wishers are all cordially invited to the traditional wedding of one of Nollywood's finest Chidi Chijioke and Chinonye Okonkwo; taken place on Saturday, the 27th of April 2013 (10:00AM) at Holy Family Catholic Church, Army Barracks, Anambra State (Nigeria). Reception follows afterwards at St. Martins Cath. Event Field, Abagana Village.

Chidi Chijioke, CEO of All Stars Movies Production LTD; has produced (sponsored) and co-produced several Nollywood movies till date including Beauty, Beauty Forever, School Runs, King of Madness, City of Sin, Ladies Affairs, King's Search, Body of The King, Sisters on Fire, Idemmili, Silent King; just to name a few.

Join in wishing the lovely couple a happy married life.

Source: Nigeria Movie Network
Celebrities / Re: The Sexiest Nollywood Actress Is Who? by 234Ent(m): 3:36am On Oct 09, 2012
ItsModella: Yvonne Nelson but if you mean strictly Nollywood then I'll go with Rita Dominic.

I agree, Yvonne Nelson is hot and her long legs na killer. On her Twitter she says she got the best legs in the game.

BTW, Yvonne Nelson is a Nollywood actress too even though she's not Nigerian.
Celebrities / Re: The Sexiest Nollywood Actress Is Who? by 234Ent(m): 3:31am On Oct 09, 2012
omar22:

They said NOLLYWOOD not Nigerian

So if they say Hollywood sexiest Actress
And you see the name Penelope Cruz (Latino) Charlize Theron (African) Nicole Kidman (Aussie)

Thank you for clarifying further. I don't know why some of us (Nigerians) don't like regarding non-Nigerians as Nollywood actors, why - na fight?

We all have to remember that if we limit Nollywood to only Nigerians, the film industry will not grow. Therefore, any individual getting that Nollywood cheque works for Nollywood. So Ghanaian actors, Liberian actors, etc., that are active in Nollywood are definitely Nollywood actors. Let us respect that fact, and help the industry grow.
Celebrities / The Sexiest Nollywood Actress Is Who? by 234Ent(m): 10:34pm On Oct 03, 2012
Nigeria Movie Network: The sexiest Nollywood actress is who? Most people would agree that the great film industry known as Nollywood boasts the finest women in the African entertainment sector. Nollywood fans all over the world have their distinguish taste for who they classify to be the sexiest Nollywood actress in the game.

If asked who is the sexiest Nollywood actress in the industry right now, who would you choose among this stars: (Mind you, the Nollywood actresses below were listed randomly and not a ranking factor)

Source: The Sexiest Nollywood Actress Is Who? (Nollywood Exclusive)

I'll say Omotola still claims the number 1 spot when it comes to sexy Nollywood actresses. What are your opinions?
Foreign Affairs / Re: Muammar Gaddafi Is Alive by 234Ent(m): 7:56pm On Oct 24, 2011
Da_b¤§§.:

Gadaffi is gone bro. Stop spreading useless rumours. That was how you people and you was saying that osama is alive.

Brother, do not let the media brainwash you or anyone else. Mind you that during war, media lies are inevitable. The western power intervention in Africa is to destabilize us. Do not fall for the rumour of Gaddafi's death, not that am in support of Gaddafi in any way, but I am creating an awareness on what the big news media houses are doing. They do not know where Gaddafi is, even the US-backed rebels are not in control of the country as the media claims, do your homework people, search for rightful information not the deceptive ones. Google "Gaddafi is not dead" or Gaddafi is alive" to find more information.

The western world controls almost everything you see, hear, or feel. They have manipulated Google search results to show you information that Gaddafi has been killed, those are the first results you will see on Google result page, but you have to scroll down for rightful information, and also check the 2nd, 3rd result pages. Do not be fooled, Gaddafi is not dead.
Foreign Affairs / Muammar Gaddafi Is Alive by 234Ent(m): 5:19pm On Oct 24, 2011
(InformAfrica) -- Gaddafi is safe,  sound and alive,  Al Libya web channel says warning that his “post mortem” photos had been fabricated.

Some days ago, Sky News TV channel had aired a photo of the mortally-wounded Colonel but his identity is doubted as the picture is of a low quality. (TASS: Telegraph Agency of the Soviet Union).

The Mujahid Muammar Gaddafi is in excellent health and has an excellent moral. The information in the capture of the Libyan leader is simply a lie spewed by the nth CNT / NATO is broadcast through the media lies that have sold their objective to become a real journalist NATO soldiers and members of The Qaeda.

This lie was among others charged the CNT / NATO just to demoralize the troops of the Libyan resistance bravely defending the city of Sirte and in other cities are fighting to free them from the clutches of members of the Qaeda and the nato.

This lie was announced few days ago, to break the second day of the uprising.

Listen for more deceptive messages from CNT and their sponsors. The Libyan leader is still alive and still determined to cleanse the country of these traitors and mercenaries West.

Earlier we reported about the rumours that are circulating with once again European and American leaders misinforming the public, and the usual media culprits Al-Jazeera and Al-Arabia broadcasting the occupation NTC (National Terrorist Council) claim of the capture or death of Muammar Qaddafi.

Green Committees have confirmed that the leader is alive, and that the enemy is seeking to take advantage of his being currently out of communications. The aim is to please Hillary Clinton who barked at her Arab slaves that she wants Muammar Qaddafi “dead or alive.”

The analysts who are close to the Libyan leader have told Mathaba that the aim of the rumours is several fold. On the one hand, they wish to demoralize the Libyan resistance which has held out for over 7 months against the strongest terrorists and invading armies in the world. On the other hand, they wish to thus lure the Leader out to make a call in order to attempt to get a fix on his location.

The Secretary-General of the International People’s Conference Organization told Mathaba that there is also another aim in this strategy of Clinton and her minions, which is to attempt to perpetuate the myth that the NTC controls all of Libya and that the Jamahiriya is no more, because the NTC has made it clear they cannot declare a government unless they control the entire country.

NATO, the American-European armed forces, primarily cowardly Air Forces which have been bombing Libya non-stop since March this year, and special ground forces and foreign terrorists, have killed an estimated 60,000 Libyans thus far, but the Libyan Jamahiriya remains the only legitimate government because it rests squarely upon the Libyan people.

Source: http://www.informafrica.com/breaking-news-africa/muammar-gaddafi-is-alive-qaddafi-is-not-dead/

Let truth be told, all those big media houses such as CNN, BBC, AP, AFP, Reuters, Al Jazeera are all controlled by the western power. Do not fall for their deceptions, they are all liars.
Celebrities / Re: Mercy Johnson's Church Wedding Photos by 234Ent(m): 11:06am On Aug 28, 2011
During the church wedding, Mercy Johnson, Odianose Okojie, and Pastor

undecided. Oh well, grin
Politics / Bomb Rocks Nigerian City As Peace Panel Inaugurated by 234Ent(m): 8:50pm On Aug 02, 2011
Suspected Islamists detonated a bomb and exchanged fire with troops in northeastern Nigeria on Tuesday as the government inaugurated a panel to consider whether to negotiate with the extremists.

No one was reported killed in the attack in the city of Maiduguri, an army spokesman said, but a hospital nurse said a bullet-hit body was brought in after the gunfight with suspected members of the sect known as Boko Haram.

The bomb and gunfight came as Nigeria’s government launched the panel that will look into ways of ending the violence in the northeast, which has been hit by almost daily blasts and shootings in recent weeks blamed on the sect.

In inaugurating the panel, the government however backed away from an earlier statement that said its members would initiate negotiations with the sect. The seven-member committee will instead recommend whether talks should be opened.

“This is not a negotiation team,” said the secretary to the federal government, Anyim Pius Anyim. “It’s a fact-finding team. It’s a forum to identify a solution.”

It will also look into the behaviour of soldiers deployed to Maiduguri, where most of the violence has occurred, with troops accused of reacting to bomb attacks with brutal raids that have allegedly killed dozens of people and left residents’ homes burnt.

The panel appointed by President Goodluck Jonathan is required to submit its report to the government on or before August 16. Its chairman sought to assure the Islamists that their legitimate concerns would be taken into consideration.

“I would like to plead and call on the sect to embrace this dialogue process,” said Usman Gaji Galtimari, a former ambassador to Chad and a native of the northeast.

“I assure them that all their genuine grievances will be addressed by the committee and appropriate recommendations made.”

He also referred to it as a “peace process,” while also saying the panel’s timeframe was too tight and should be extended.

The panel includes the ministers of labour, defence and the Federal Capital Territory, which encompasses Abuja.

The sect has claimed to be fighting for the establishment of an Islamic state in Nigeria, Africa’s most populous nation of 150 million people roughly split between Christians and Muslims.

Source: http://www.informafrica.com/breaking-news-africa/bomb-rocks-nigerian-city-as-peace-panel-inaugurated/
TV/Movies / Genevieve Nnaji To Act Movie With Angelina Jolie by 234Ent(m): 2:49am On Aug 01, 2011
Genevieve Nnaji has turned out to be the best that the Nigerian movie industry known as Nollywood can boast of in the international market at the moment going by her exploit in the make believe business.

Aside being the most-sought after by the producers, the very pretty lady has been able to register her presence in the international market that top producers now consider her for top movie jobs.
The mother of one would have emerged the new Bond Girl but she lost it by the whiskers to another Hollywood star.

As her career seems to be flying north, we sourced that the mother of one has been penciled down by yet another producer to star alongside American super star Angelina Jolie in another block buster movie.

We shall keep you posted as event unfold.

-By Akinnagbe Akintomide

Source: http://www.nigeriamovienetwork.com/articles/read-genevieve-nnaji-to-act-movie-alongside-angelina-jolie_194.html

Whether this collaboration is a rumour or not as some people claimed in various online sources--I believe it's possible; and  only time will tell. This Nollywood-Hollywood collaboration will definitely boost Genevieve's international appearance, and also draw more prospects to Nigeria's Film Industry.

What is your opinion regarding Genevieve Nnaji & Angelina Jolie collabo?
Business / Re: How Can I Become A Billionaire At 36! by 234Ent(m): 8:03am On Jul 22, 2011
Everyone wants to be a millionaire, oh! I mean a Billionaire.  cool

Okay, let me share my 1 naira idea with you. It may make you billions if you are smart enough to execute it right.

To be honest, everybody in Nigeria wants to be rich including you.

Show business or entertainment business is making waves across Nigeria lately and even out of the country. So, why don't you seek a suitable loan from a bank or any reputable source and start up a show business called: Everybody wants to be a millionaire/billionaire.

With the right marketing and promotion, your TV show will attract every hungry Nigerian who wants to make money or at least "likes" money - I haven't seen any Nigerian that don't like money, so you are bound to have a large audience. As a reminder, Nigeria's population is over 155 million and will continue to grow over the years. This large audience will draw big advertisers looking for potential customers in order to sell or promote their business. Advertising is big money, take Google for example.

To round this up, let me remind you that 'smart thinking makes money'. There is money in entertainment business, and entertainment business is favorable online. Don't be too optimistic though, nothing comes easy.

Wish you the best.
Romance / Re: She Is Married But Kept Calling And Sending Romantic Messages by 234Ent(m): 7:38am On Jul 22, 2011
It is advisory that you end that non-ethical relationship. Emotions like yours can put you or someone in danger.

Ask yourself this self-conscious questions:

If my secret long-lost sweetheart is married, why am I still single?

Are my I a stuck up that I can't do well without this woman?

Listen, unless you plan to make a movie out of this situation; get yourself out of it now and you should know how to do that effectively.

Good luck like GEJ!
TV/Movies / Re: To All Nollywood Filmmakers by 234Ent(m): 7:19am On Jul 22, 2011
The festival wasn't publicized here in the united states. Does anyone have coverage (photos/video) on this event? If so, send them to Nigeria movie network to be featured online at nmnonline@gmail.com
Politics / Goodluck Jonathan Faces No Main Rivals At Campaign Debate by 234Ent(m): 12:54pm On Mar 31, 2011
InformAfrica Blog:

Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan has taken part in the final presidential debate before three weeks of nationwide elections. None of his main challengers took part because they are protesting the president’s refusal to join an earlier debate.

President Jonathan had the stage to himself after all three of his main challengers boycotted the nationally-televised program over his decision to skip a debate earlier this month. Those rivals criticized the president for not showing up to defend a ruling party that has won every presidential contest since Nigeria’s return to civilian rule in 1999.

Mr. Jonathan moved quickly to reassure voters that he has a record to run on. “I believe that Nigerians by today will know that Mr. President is not running away or shying away from explaining to them what we have been doing, from giving account of his stewardship,” he said.

With no one to challenge his answers, it was more campaign speech than debate as Mr. Jonathan outlined goals for education and the economy.

Presidential, legislative, and gubernatorial candidates are wrapping up their campaigns ahead of nationwide elections in Africa’s most populous country. Issues of security and the economy have dominated the campaign. Human Rights Watch says the candidates are not paying enough attention to communal violence and corruption.

Election observers say they will be watching for signs of violence between Muslims and Christians in northern Nigeria, especially as Mr. Jonathan is from the predominantly Christian south and his three main challengers are from the mainly-Muslim north.

Full story: http://www.informafrica.com/blog/nigerian-president-faces-no-main-rivals-at-final-campaign-debate/

Culled from InformAfrica Blog.

InformAfrica is proud to support and trust Goodluck Jonathan as the destined leader to move Nigeria forward.

In This Photo: Nigeria President Goodluck Jonathan, centre, wave to his supporters
during the final campaign rally, at Eagle Square in Abuja, Nigeria.
Politics / Re: According To Reports, Nigeria’s Oil Firm Said To Have Poorest Transparency by 234Ent(m): 4:40pm On Mar 02, 2011
tpiah!:

Nothing unusual about that.

I know we Nigerians are used to living with corruption. But I think it is high time corruption be a thing of the past.
Although, corruption can hardly be eradicated in any given society; Nigeria's rate of corruption is extremely high and scares potential investors away.
Politics / According To Reports, Nigeria’s Oil Firm Said To Have Poorest Transparency by 234Ent(m): 3:30pm On Mar 02, 2011
InformAfrica reports:

Nigeria’s state oil company had the poorest transparency record of 44 national and international energy companies evaluated in a report published by international watchdogs this week.

Transparency International (TI) and Revenue Watch Institute (RWI) rated a list of oil and gas companies, which represent 60 percent of global output, on how they reported revenues and disclosed information on anti-corruption programmes.

The report, released on Tuesday and based on research carried out in 2010, showed that publicly listed companies score better than non-listed firms, while international oil companies fare better than national oil companies.

Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) was the only company to score zero on organisational information disclosure, which included the provision details of deals agreed with governments and partners on energy projects. The average score was 65 percent.

NNPC was among eight companies, including Angolan state firm Sonangol and Russia’s gas export monopoly Gazprom, to score zero percent on reporting anti-corruption programmes.

Officials at NNPC could not be reached for comment.

A separate report last month showed NNPC was using its position as both buyer and agent for the Nigerian government to make profit that should have gone into state coffers.

Problems of inefficiency and corruption within NNPC have been acknowledged by Nigeria’s government, which has ordered a comprehensive audit. Many of the issues are supposed to be addressed by wide-ranging reforms contained within the Petroleum Industry Bill currently before parliament.
Continue reading on -- InformAfrica.

Partly culled from http://www.informafrica.com/business-africa/nigerias-oil-firm-said-to-have-poorest-transparency-according-to-report/

My issue with this report is that transparency watchdogs ranked Nigeria as one of the most corrupt countries in the world. I know it's nothing new, but this is not good for a developing economy; and as a concerned citizen -- I'm tired of it.

I hope following this year's elections, the new government will enforce a remarkable policy that will be aimed at uplifting Nigeria's reputation. I believe we can do it. This is a fight against corruption!
Business / Naira Is Not Over-valued, Nigerian Central Bank Governor Informs IMF by 234Ent(m): 2:22pm On Feb 21, 2011
InformAfrica News - Nigeria

Nigerian Central Bank Governor Lamido Sanusi said this Monday he did not believe that the naira was over-valued and criticised advice from the IMF, which last week recommended greater exchange rate flexibility.
[center][/center]
“We do not believe that Naira is over-valued. We do not believe that at a time when the oil price is going up and output is going up we should be losing the value of our currency,” Sanusi told CNBC Africa television.

“We also do not think that it makes sense, if the IMF is concerned about inflation, to ask a country that is import dependent to devalue its currency. So the advice given by the IMF, frankly, is not based on sound economic logic.”

The IMF issued a statement last Thursday after its latest round of consultations with Nigeria, in which it noted foreign reserves had been falling and speculation against Naira could “become intense” if the depletion continued.

Sanusi said the International Monetary Fund had gone ahead and published the advice without giving Nigeria’s position.

He said he agreed with the IMF’s assessment that further monetary tightening may be required if inflationary pressures continue, but said it was “naive” to believe that monetary policy alone could rein in rising prices.

He noted that expansion in credit to the private sector remained weak despite an accommodative monetary policy.

“The link between monetary policy and inflation is at best tenuous, it is theoretical. The reality is that the bulk of inflation is being pushed by structural forces,” Sanusi said.

“So we do agree that we should tighten, but we think the IMF is a bit naive in its over-estimation of the potency of monetary variables in the short term,” he said.

Culled from: http://www.informafrica.com/business-africa/naira-is-not-over-valued-nigerian-central-bank-governor-informs-imf/

I was startled when I heard IMF's statement about Naira being over-valued last week, I couldn't believe anyone would actually say that not to even mention IMF. Sanusi pretty much hit the nail in the head with his response regarding the value of Naira, and condeming IMF's remarks.

Does anyone here think Naira is over valued?
Politics / Re: Nigeria's Senate Passes First Anti-terrorism Act Law by 234Ent(m): 1:35pm On Feb 20, 2011
joeyfire:

The last thing we need in this country is a law that will grant arbitrary powers to the state to interfere with people's rights in the name of anti-terrorism. There are laws that cover treason, murder, kidnap, exxplosives and so on. Why didnt the FOI bill get to see the light of day? thats naija for you, our priorities are askew

I would say this is because terrorism has turned into a regular occurrence in the country. Especially, considering the forth-coming elections. This is a step to tighten up national security risk, hereby giving terrorists a harder time in planning their so-called operations.

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.