Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,728 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:25 AM

Women Are Not To Be Blamed For The Breakup Of Her Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women Are Not To Be Blamed For The Breakup Of Her Marriage (1037 Views)

Lady Celebrates As Court Dissolves Her Marriage (Photos) / Woman Celebrates Her Marriage Breakup With Cake / Who Is To Be Blamed, Husband Or Wife? ( Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Are Not To Be Blamed For The Breakup Of Her Marriage by MissNairaland1: 5:39pm On Jun 01, 2015
Anyone who immediately blames a woman for the breakup of her marriage without first knowing the issues at stake is in need of therapy. Two people got married not one.
She is not God.
Even God will not make the marriage work when two people or one of them is committed to wrecking it.
It is bad enough we live in a patriarchal society, where most women have little or no rights as regards self development, fulfillment of purpose and a place of honor on their own marriages but, when you add on the mix of misguided and blind men and women who twist scripture and bring in pseudo-cultural ideas (or even actual cultural practices but, outdated and deadly ones all the same) we see just how evil this thing becomes.
What happened to two becoming one? What happened to two people being responsible for their union? Why should one person take all the blame? And why the woman?
Now, don't get me wrong here. There are some pretty evil women out there (men too) who actually just married to use the person and other devious plans. For those, feel free to throw it all at her feet but, unless in those extreme cases, take a moment and think about the issues. That is if you even bother to hear them.
I get so mad when someone mentions marital issues and one homosapien just pipes up and says it is when the woman does not give him sex when he wants it or she does not cook well. Or she is not sexy enough. That's a load of nonsense mixed in with a generous portion of horse manure.
Listen to an issue before you start mouthing off on things you know nothing about. It is not wisdom. It is actually pure foolishness. Proverbs 18:13.
Yes, food and sex are important. No one said they are not but, if that is all that comes to mind as the reason for a marriage falling apart, then that person needs some serious counselling and reorientation.
"Church" has ruined marriages.
"ministry" has ruined marriages.
The way childlessness was handled has ruined marriages.
The list is legion.
It is not always about bedroom gymnastics and, it is not always the fault of the women.
For some ladies, their offence was being with that man who is selfish, abusive and adulterous. They have done nothing else wrong but, someone somewhere will say what has the woman done to spoil it. It is silly.
It is even more sad that some women carry this ridiculous idea and feed it to others. If men alone did it, that's bad enough. Must a woman also open her mouth and say "a woman is the keeper of the home and if it fails it is her fault"?
Is the man a photograph or decorative China on the shelf? He does not have work to do in the marriage atink? Is he not the head of the home? Does he not know he should lead?
Abeg, don't go and form counsellor for someone's marriage and talk nonsense. Hear first and then think before you speak.
Better yet, for some folks it is safer for them to never even attempt counselling even after hearing, thinking and, praying.
Some folks will just still end up spewing nonsense out and causing more harm then good. Bhet we no go gree na. All of us na anointed ministers and counsellors, so we know what we are saying. Nonsense and ingredient.
Please for the ones who like to do things right, don't meddle into what you cannot handle and don't go to people who don't know what they are saying/doing for help. Wisdom is profitable to direct.
From Nneka Nwachukwu....
Ehen! And for those cows looking for "inspirational" and "non-negative" posts, I hope this serves your bloody needs.
Anumkpamas!!!
Re: Women Are Not To Be Blamed For The Breakup Of Her Marriage by VinPeace(m): 5:43pm On Jun 01, 2015
I see...
Re: Women Are Not To Be Blamed For The Breakup Of Her Marriage by socialmediaman: 5:45pm On Jun 01, 2015
Anger shouldn't drive you to insult people when you could show some maturity.

On the topic, women are not the cause of every broken marriage, neither are men. However, when women consider money over compatibility with a man, they obviously overlook a silent potential killer in their marriages. Same with men who will never get married till they see the most beautiful girl in the world

Cc: Ishilove please move thread to the correct section

1 Like

Re: Women Are Not To Be Blamed For The Breakup Of Her Marriage by bukatyne(f): 8:18pm On Jun 01, 2015
A woman will not be blamed If she is not at fault. And even If she is blamed, she will not feel guilty
Re: Women Are Not To Be Blamed For The Breakup Of Her Marriage by crackhaus: 8:46pm On Jun 01, 2015
The way nairalanders now type the words 'wisdom is profitable to direct' amazes me... did y'all just learn the phrase or something.

Where is your much touted wisdom when you can't even pass a simple message clearly and calmly without making it seem like someone just shoved a 10inch log of wood up your azzhole...
Re: Women Are Not To Be Blamed For The Breakup Of Her Marriage by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 01, 2015
please stop the rants and pointing of fingers and nonsense, the only people that ruins marriage are they people involved in it, usually one of the partner. Church ruined it my azz, is common sense extinct nowadays? though it's church but one shouldn't listen to all the advice the preachers give because most times they know nothing about what they are saying. Some will say my mother caused it, my friends deceived me that's why my marriage broke up when inbred actual sense its the fooll who allowed such to happen. Cowards always points fingers at other people for mistakes they brought upon themselves.

1 Like

Re: Women Are Not To Be Blamed For The Breakup Of Her Marriage by Stillfire: 9:10pm On Jun 01, 2015
I don't even understand the post.
Re: Women Are Not To Be Blamed For The Breakup Of Her Marriage by 5minsmadness: 9:40pm On Jun 01, 2015
Re: Women Are Not To Be Blamed For The Breakup Of Her Marriage by KanwuliaJara: 9:49pm On Jun 01, 2015
I think I prefer NL during fuel scarcity o! lipsrsealed
Some people don carry dem jerry-cans of DIZO invade NL o! lipsrsealed
Re: Women Are Not To Be Blamed For The Breakup Of Her Marriage by SAMBARRY: 11:11pm On Jun 01, 2015
grin grin grin
KanwuliaJara:
I think I prefer NL during fuel scarcity o! lipsrsealed
Some people don carry dem jerry-cans of DIZO invade NL o! lipsrsealed
Re: Women Are Not To Be Blamed For The Breakup Of Her Marriage by coogar: 11:22pm On Jun 01, 2015
MissNairaland1:
Anyone who immediately blames a woman for the breakup of her marriage without first knowing the issues at stake is in need of therapy. Two people got married not one.
She is not God.
Even God will not make the marriage work when two people or one of them is committed to wrecking it.
It is bad enough we live in a patriarchal society, where most women have little or no rights as regards self development, fulfillment of purpose and a place of honor on their own marriages but, when you add on the mix of misguided and blind men and women who twist scripture and bring in pseudo-cultural ideas (or even actual cultural practices but, outdated and deadly ones all the same) we see just how evil this thing becomes.
What happened to two becoming one? What happened to two people being responsible for their union? Why should one person take all the blame? And why the woman?
Now, don't get me wrong here. There are some pretty evil women out there (men too) who actually just married to use the person and other devious plans. For those, feel free to throw it all at her feet but, unless in those extreme cases, take a moment and think about the issues. That is if you even bother to hear them.
I get so mad when someone mentions marital issues and one homosapien just pipes up and says it is when the woman does not give him sex when he wants it or she does not cook well. Or she is not sexy enough. That's a load of nonsense mixed in with a generous portion of horse manure.
Listen to an issue before you start mouthing off on things you know nothing about. It is not wisdom. It is actually pure foolishness. Proverbs 18:13.
Yes, food and sex are important. No one said they are not but, if that is all that comes to mind as the reason for a marriage falling apart, then that person needs some serious counselling and reorientation.
"Church" has ruined marriages.
"ministry" has ruined marriages.
The way childlessness was handled has ruined marriages.
The list is legion.
It is not always about bedroom gymnastics and, it is not always the fault of the women.
For some ladies, their offence was being with that man who is selfish, abusive and adulterous. They have done nothing else wrong but, someone somewhere will say what has the woman done to spoil it. It is silly.
It is even more sad that some women carry this ridiculous idea and feed it to others. If men alone did it, that's bad enough. Must a woman also open her mouth and say "a woman is the keeper of the home and if it fails it is her fault"?
Is the man a photograph or decorative China on the shelf? He does not have work to do in the marriage atink? Is he not the head of the home? Does he not know he should lead?
Abeg, don't go and form counsellor for someone's marriage and talk nonsense. Hear first and then think before you speak.
Better yet, for some folks it is safer for them to never even attempt counselling even after hearing, thinking and, praying.
Some folks will just still end up spewing nonsense out and causing more harm then good. Bhet we no go gree na. All of us na anointed ministers and counsellors, so we know what we are saying. Nonsense and ingredient.
Please for the ones who like to do things right, don't meddle into what you cannot handle and don't go to people who don't know what they are saying/doing for help. Wisdom is profitable to direct.
From Nneka Nwachukwu....
Ehen! And for those cows looking for "inspirational" and "non-negative" posts, I hope this serves your bloody needs.
Anumkpamas!!!

5 Likes

Re: Women Are Not To Be Blamed For The Breakup Of Her Marriage by NifemiOlu(m): 11:44pm On Jun 01, 2015
OP, consider this topic: Women are not always to be blamed for marriage breakups.
This topic will lead to a better essay.

(1) (Reply)

Marriage Combination Wahala / The Trust Of My Sibling. / Woman Pays Man To Marry Her In Delta State – Discover Shocking Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.