Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,747 members, 7,831,383 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Marriage Combination Wahala - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage Combination Wahala (1014 Views)

Help With PHCN Wahala / Maaamaa's Wahala / Nigerian Housemaid Wahala!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage Combination Wahala by ope30: 7:31am On Jul 25, 2015
Gud day my people.
A friend of mine has been holding huge disagreement with his parent to the extend of moving out. whats the cause?
he has a cousin sister from mother side who wil wed late dis year, the parent decided to combine them together which my guy detest. saying if they cant separate the ceremony he is nit ready for any marriage.
whats your view on this (marriage combination)?
what do u advice my guy?
Re: Marriage Combination Wahala by thorpido(m): 7:39am On Jul 25, 2015
Are you saying the parents want his wedding and that of the cousin to hold at the same day and venue?
Re: Marriage Combination Wahala by ope30: 7:45am On Jul 25, 2015
thorpido:
Are you saying the parents want his wedding and that of the cousin to hold at the same day and venue?
yea, u got it right.
Re: Marriage Combination Wahala by Florblu(f): 8:03am On Jul 25, 2015
Invite more intending couples to make it a mass wedding

1 Like

Re: Marriage Combination Wahala by tpiadotcom: 8:15am On Jul 25, 2015
do you have other family members?

or nl is the only place you have access to.
Re: Marriage Combination Wahala by SAMBARRY: 8:18am On Jul 25, 2015
I get their point. They want to use one stone to kill two birds but that's very wrong na Haba . The parents are trying to save cost so they won't have to spend money twice on two weddings but it's his wedding and his day so they should agree with whatever he wants but you know African parents and their mentality of I'm still your father, you don't have any father anywhere

there's something a friend of mine told me when I was helping someone plan her wedding. Her mother had a problem with her wedding gown because it was spaghetti hand while the bride loved it the mother said she doesn't like her arms and chest of her daughter outside. So in the middle of all this unnecessary long arguments my friend said

In afric Your parents own the wedding and it's your marriage.i said what do you mean, she said the parents always have the final say when it comes to their children's wedding and then after the wedding the marriage becomes the children's own to deal with. If you don't let them have their way they will start trouble and I'm sure neither the bride or groom wants to enter a new marriage or start a new home with unfinished or heated beef between parents and himself because they may choose not to bless your wedding and all their crisis

1 Like

Re: Marriage Combination Wahala by thorpido(m): 8:35am On Jul 25, 2015
ope30:

yea, u got it right.
Can he fund his own wedding?
Weddings in Nigeria is usually funded by parents and extended family.The parents are counting the cost of two weddings within a short time.He will have to bow to his parents except he can arrange his own wedding or wait longer.
Re: Marriage Combination Wahala by stinggy(m): 9:22am On Jul 25, 2015
ope30:
Gud day my people.
A friend of mine has been holding huge disagreement with his parent to the extend of moving out. whats the cause?
he has a cousin sister from mother side who wil wed late dis year, the parent decided to combine them together which my guy detest. saying if they cant separate the ceremony he is nit ready for any marriage.
whats your view on this (marriage combination)?
what do u advice my guy?
Tell your friend things are hard these days and he should help his family save some cash. Or if he has money to solely finance his wedding then he can shift his own date.

Why do you guys even give yourselves so much headache on a 3/4 hr event?
It is evitable.
Re: Marriage Combination Wahala by richyblink1(m): 9:35am On Jul 25, 2015
thorpido:
Weddings in Nigeria is usually funded by parents and extended family.The parents are counting the cost of two weddings within a short time.He will have to bow to his parents except he can arrange his own wedding or wait longer.

Not in all cases. There are grooms who solely financed their weddimg with little or no contribution from the bride
Re: Marriage Combination Wahala by thorpido(m): 11:27am On Jul 25, 2015
richyblink1:

Not in all cases. There are grooms who solely financed their weddimg with little or no contribution from the bride
I didn't say all cases.If he can be one of the grooms who finance their own weddings,then he doesn't have a problem.He just has to tell them when he is ready and let them know all arrangements have been made.
Re: Marriage Combination Wahala by ireneidiva(f): 11:28am On Jul 25, 2015
Say no. Simple. There is no case here. How can they do two weddings on the same day. Smh
Re: Marriage Combination Wahala by richyblink1(m): 5:07pm On Jul 25, 2015
thorpido:

Your above comment made me quote you

(1) (Reply)

Baby Carrier For Bonding With Baby / Billionaire Is Offering $180,000,000 To Any Man Willing To Marry His Daughter / Can Someone Help Me Describe This Guy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.