Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Don't Expect Miracles From Buhari - Akande - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't Expect Miracles From Buhari - Akande (637 Views)

Nigerians Are Right To Expect Miracles From Buhari - PDP Chief Sunny Onuesoke / Don't Expect Change Overnight - Buhari Reiterates / Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Expect Miracles From Buhari - Akande by wengerjay(m): 11:34am On Jun 02, 2015
A chieftain of the All Progressives Congress in Lagos State, Chief Ayo Akande, has told Nigerians to be patient with President Muhammadu Buhari and not to expect miracles from the new government.

Akande, according to a statement on Monday, gave the advice at the inauguration of Sheikh Sulaeman Husain as the new Chief Imam of Aguda Oke-Ira Muslim Community Central Mosque in Lagos.

He said the APC won the presidential election based on Buhari’s competence and integrity and that Nigerians should be hopeful of positive change in the new dispensation.

Akande said, “Nigerians should be tolerant and cooperate with the President to make their hope a huge success. Nigerians should not expect overnight miracles from President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration.

“The next one year will be tough and sweet. For those who are willing to be disciplined, tolerant and adjust to present changes in our nation, it will be sweet for them but for those who cannot adapt to changes and still want to bask in the euphoria of the past it will be tough.”

The APC chief asked the Muslim community to pray for the success of the new government and also advised Islamic clerics to participate in politics in order to eradicate oppression of the poor caused by bad leadership.

He advised the Islamic clerics to emulate the Vice President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, who joined politics despite being a pastor of the Redeemed Christian Church of God.

He said the philosophy behind every religion was service to humanity hence clerics should bring their godly values to politics to improve humanity

“The defence of the rights and privileges of the ordinary man cannot be fully guaranteed except clerics also participate in governance and the administration of the country,” Akande said.
Re: Don't Expect Miracles From Buhari - Akande by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 02, 2015
He promised me miracle
Anytin short of dat I won't accept

2 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Miracles From Buhari - Akande by gobizzy101: 11:36am On Jun 02, 2015
Dat guy must perform oooo

I don't expect him 2 turn water 2 fuel, but he just has 2 perform faster dan d speed of light.

Hopes r high
Re: Don't Expect Miracles From Buhari - Akande by SeverusSnape(m): 11:36am On Jun 02, 2015
But the dullard promised us miraculous changes.

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles From Buhari - Akande by doublewisdom: 11:36am On Jun 02, 2015
Really? Gradually dem don dey change. Why shouldn’t we expect miracles when you promised us miracles? Buhari and APC the miracle workers should bring out the magic wand and start fixing things immediately.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Expect Miracles From Buhari - Akande by drtwist(m): 11:37am On Jun 02, 2015
Who did you want us to expect miracle from again, are going to wait till 2019 again for another lie group to give us high expectation and leta produce another manifesto that the previous Government cause it.

Don't forget you expected more miracle from GEJ o

1 Like

Re: Don't Expect Miracles From Buhari - Akande by kazmanbanjoko(m): 12:12pm On Jun 02, 2015
Atigbo. Him sef should not expect us to vote for him if he doesn't perform well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Don't Expect Miracles From Buhari - Akande by adaybayor(m): 12:17pm On Jun 02, 2015
Of course
Re: Don't Expect Miracles From Buhari - Akande by adaybayor(m): 12:18pm On Jun 02, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
He promised me miracle

The lagoon is there for you.... grin
Re: Don't Expect Miracles From Buhari - Akande by Dannyset(m): 12:33pm On Jun 02, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
He promised me miracle
Compare what dis man said here and what he said on the thread on "Restless Fayose" and u will pity TANoids.
Re: Don't Expect Miracles From Buhari - Akande by T8ksy(m): 12:58pm On Jun 02, 2015
I never expected any miracle from Buhari but am just glad to see the back of that bumbling idi.ot from otuoke and his obnoxious, irritating and gluttonous other half.

Good riddance..................................
Re: Don't Expect Miracles From Buhari - Akande by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 02, 2015
Expect nothing cry

Read my signature below:
Re: Don't Expect Miracles From Buhari - Akande by Agwoden(m): 1:02pm On Jun 02, 2015
No be una mouth? Talk wetin una like. I blame gullible Nigerians that fell for una scam.

(1) (Reply)

Fayose’s Thugs Beat PUNCH Correspondent In Ekiti / PHOTO: @day 18 : This Is What Buhari Has Said About The Economy / Governors Meet Today, Seek Bailout To Pay Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.