Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Shina Rambo The Notorious - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Shina Rambo The Notorious (19296 Views)

Here Is The Story Of Shina Rambo – The Most Notorious Armed Robber In Nigerian / The Confession Of The Notorious Ex Armed Robber, Shina Rambo (With Pic) / Confessions Of Shina Rambo,former Notorious Armed Robber And Killer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 26, 2009
~Sauron~:

What about De Rico in the East?? I heard he was more notorious than Anini and Oyenusi.

No be competition abeg oo.
Do your researches if you were born in the 90s.

After Bakassi boys killed De Rico, his gang members went to the village De Rico was apprehended and shot 27 women n children DEAD!!!
Urban legend or not. . . . .someone needs to do a movie on these villains.

That was the Igbo guy that I mention 3rd on my list. A movie has already been made about him; issakaba. Anini even have a live documentary on his life.
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by Sauron1: 5:42pm On Feb 26, 2009
nuzo:

No be competition abeg oo.
Do your researches if you were born in the 90s.

Ma mum told me about Anini. . . . .He is from the old Bendel state.
He got help from the Police(Inyanmu or something like that). . . .He would drive to the market and spray his loot for the suffering masses.
There was this 2nd in command. . . .Osunbor(the best marksman in the history of Naija armed robbery).

Oyenusi was in the early 80s or so. Legend has it that bullets couldn't kill him.
I heard after taking 96 bullets in his frame, he was still laughing at his shooters until he told em the schitzo about his mystic powers.
Learnt he died after a bucket of silica gel was splashed on his body.

That was the Igbo guy that I mention 3rd on my list. A movie has already been made about him; issakaba.

Whatz the title of the movie?? I must get it. cheesy
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 26, 2009
~Sauron~:

Ma mum told me about Anini. . . . .He is from the old Bendel state.
He got help from the Police(Inyanmu or something like that). . . .He would drive to the market and spray his loot for the suffering masses.
There was this 2nd in command. . . .Osunbor(the best marksman in the history of Naija armed robbery).

Oyenusi was in the early 80s or so. Legend has it that bullets couldn't kill him.
I heard after taking 96 bullets in his frame, he was still laughing at his shooters until he told em the schitzo about his mystic powers.
Learnt he died after a bucket of silica gel was splashed on his body.

Whatz the title of the movie?? I must get it. cheesy

Issakaba. You seem to be the only nigerian that have not seen the movie.
Dede mabiaku was one of the star actors.
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by Sauron1: 5:57pm On Feb 26, 2009
nuzo:

Never heard of it. . . .
Wait a minute. . . .Is the movie strictly about De Rico's legendary status or some cooked up stories??
I saw the Anini(movie) on SKY some months ago and it was strictly made to mirror exactly what happened.
The costumes were superb(The old Naija police uniform was used) and the storyline/plot was crisp.
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by Nobody: 6:18pm On Feb 26, 2009
~Sauron~:

Never heard of it. . . .
Wait a minute. . . .Is the movie strictly about De Rico's legendary status or some cooked up stories??
I saw the Anini(movie) on SKY some months ago and it was strictly made to mirror exactly what happened.
The costumes were superb(The old Naija police uniform was used) and the storyline/plot was crisp.

At least, 80% of it was about derico and the rest was how the defunct bakassi operated.
As for Anini; a life documentary was made starting from when he turned himself in to the firing squad. Am not sure it was the one you saw on SKY.
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by Sauron1: 6:40pm On Feb 26, 2009
nuzo:

At least, 80% of it was about derico and the rest was how the defunct bakassi operated.

80% is okay. . . . . .I will buy bthe movie.

As for Anini; a life documentary was made starting from when he turned himself in to the firing squad. Am not sure it was the one you saw on SKY.

The one i saw wasn't a documentary. . . . .It was acted.
Nollywood TV showed it once last year after one month of advertising it and it was worth watching.
The camera angles were outstanding but the picture wasn't too crisp.
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by Baro(m): 2:36am On Feb 27, 2009
nuzo:

@ Highlighted

Issakaba is about the operations of the Bakassi Boyz, Derico's life and times was captured in a movie bearing his name; DERICO, where Emeka Ike played him

You meant Sam Dede
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 27, 2009
Baro:

@ Highlighted

Issakaba is about the operations of the Bakassi Boyz, Derico's life and times was captured in a movie bearing his name; DERICO, where Emeka Ike played him

You meant Sam Dede

Please forgive my ignorance on this. Its been over 5 years I saw those movies.

Sauron take note.
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by 5p1naz(m): 5:46pm On Mar 05, 2009
i tink i like that sauron, i mean legend or not sm1 nids to shoot a movie abt that, and talkin bout movie, may GOD have mercy on nollywood, i heard a rumour that will smith wud be playing a role as fela in a coming fela movie from HOLLYWOOD, wat!!!!!!!!!!!! wheres nollywood, geess
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by dsinteract(m): 5:10pm On Sep 18, 2010
Ever heard of Cromwell, his own death was shocking. Sentenced to death by firing squad, he wore plain white on the day of his execution, And everyone was watching how the whole scene will play out. The soliders came out, fully camo and prep their gun.The sun was glowing in the sky.and when it was time to shoot,they all shot at Cromwell and his clothes still stayed white !

Impossible, they fired again, same thing happened, he laughed at them, then the head of the shooters told them to stop and he took over.Cromwell was watching the scene thinking what good will the shooter be, the head loaded his gun,hit the butt of this gun on the earth and fired, the clothes changed color, Cromwell shook his head when he found out that his "juju" has been discovered, the head took his time in killing Cromwell that by the time he was thru with Cromwell, he was hardly recognisable, at every shot he took at Cromwell, he kept hitting the butt of this gun on the earth 3 times.

And that was the end of Cromwell, He was always escaping them until he could run no more.

As for Shina, it was rumoured that he was shot dead when trying to escape, but rumour has it that he bought his way out and he fled the country and someone else died in his place. i trust our ppl naw, when it comes to money,we can do anything to have it. As told by an eye witness to the Cromwell shooting.

Nor b me talk am o,
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by Beaf: 5:16pm On Sep 18, 2010
Lagosboy:
How can i forget d shina mey Rambo.

I remember one day at the toll gate going to Shagamu when police where searching under the carpets of our car and my dad asked why and they said they were looking for Shina Rambo Nigerian police don spoil tey tey.

I remember it was said his driver was a woman. God knows where dat guy is now as he was never caught but he willingly quit.

You never know! He just might be a governor now!
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by BabaOnileK: 5:35pm On Oct 02, 2010
Mamajama:

Shina Rambo ko, this is all myth. the only notorious robber in Nigeria was Lawrence ANINI, and he was eradicated like a headless chicken
The fact that few newspapers have archived records of the 90's does not make a story false. There were too many stories and eyewitnesses to make the story false.

I attended Apata Memorial High School while the proprietor (Mr Simeon Apata) was still alive and he used to go after robbers even while policemen were running away. Back then policemen did not have a quarter as many guns as they now tot about. There was this term when our end of term closing was shifted forward by 1 day because there was a letter from Shina Rambo that he was coming to snatch cars. The said Thursday, Mr Apata kept on patrolling around with guns and we even closed earlier. It was rumoured that Shina Rambo struck around Okota area around xmas of 1990/1 and Apata kept on chasing him around even chasing him into the Jakande Estate along Ikotun road. Besides there are too many stories of him - robbing around Iyana Isolo, of policemen removing their uniforms when he's around, of him shooting into police stations etc.

He was said to love wearing white outfits (maybe he was sending a message) and his hatred for the men-in-black (rumoured to arise from a deal gone bad one time or of being implicated by a moneybag). He loved flashy cars and was rumoured to have quit when he made enough money or settled his score - whichever is true all is unconfirmed.
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by sbeezy8: 5:41pm On Oct 02, 2010
lol shina rambo - when i was younger i heard all types of stories i think they even made a film about him.
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by ElRazur: 5:55pm On Oct 02, 2010
Gosh half of the stuff posted here are just as good as reading Harry Porter and the willow of stone or something. It is even more fantasy than reading the books of revelation.

Sauron, do you seriously believe some of the story you were told?  undecided  Or do anyone really think some of the stories here are just pure third rated stories?

I was in Naija during the Anini era, and I remember vividly that his shooting sentence was shown on tv, and newspaper ran it as headlines story the next day. As per Shina Rambo, we heard many stories of him and he appears to just fade off after a while.

One thing that have come up here is the lack of record/archive and how it implication can manifest later on. A few post here appears to present their stories as facts etc, when in fact, it is all third and probably fourth-rate information that was passed down. I suppose if there was a news paper archive somewhere and proper journalism is practised, we may know the real truth. (In some western countries, you can find newspapers printed from the 18 century in archive page-by-page in libraries etc)

Do I think Anini disappeared? Nope. Not really, he made an escape instead and the poorly trained police see it as logical to blame voodoo - Something that is enshrined in our culture. That is, do not take blame but find something else to blame.

Having said that, from my recollection, some of the weapons used back then by the criminals (Shina Rambo especially) appeared to be sort of advanced weaponry back then. They had access to Semi Automatic weapons and this strike fear in people who may have witnessed them being used during a robbery operation.

Let us ask ourselves, how come in this day and age that the new bunch of super robbers coming out do not disappear or vanish into thin air like the ones of the 80s and 90s? Coincidence?

1 Like

Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by BabaOnileK: 12:01am On Oct 03, 2010
ElRazur:

Gosh half of the stuff posted here are just as good as reading Harry Porter and the willow of stone or something. It is even more fantasy than reading the books of revelation.

Sauron, do you seriously believe some of the story you were told?  undecided  Or do anyone really think some of the stories here are just pure third rated stories?

I was in Naija during the Anini era, and I remember vividly that his shooting sentence was shown on tv, and newspaper ran it as headlines story the next day. As per Shina Rambo, we heard many stories of him and he appears to just fade off after a while.

One thing that have come up here is the lack of record/archive and how it implication can manifest later on. A few post here appears to present their stories as facts etc, when in fact, it is all third and probably fourth-rate information that was passed down. I suppose if there was a news paper archive somewhere and proper journalism is practised, we may know the real truth. (In some western countries, you can find newspapers printed from the 18 century in archive page-by-page in libraries etc)

Do I think Anini disappeared? Nope. Not really, he made an escape instead and the poorly trained police see it as logical to blame voodoo - Something that is enshrined in our culture. That is, do not take blame but find something else to blame.

Having said that, from my recollection, some of the weapons used back then by the criminals (Shina Rambo especially) appeared to be sort of advanced weaponry back then. They had access to Semi Automatic weapons and this strike fear in people who may have witnessed them being used during a robbery operation.

Let us ask ourselves, how come in this day and age that the new bunch of super robbers coming out do not disappear or vanish into thin air like the ones of the 80s and 90s? Coincidence?

As I mentioned earlier, the policemen back then had lesser weapons in terms of quantity and quality. Lots of what we call shakabula and not now that there are quite lots of SAWs available. Maybe the military were afraid of police connivance with coup plotters. I think it took democracy for us to see the quality and quantity of arms with policemen that we witness now. Why else were MOPOL called "kill and go"? Cos they had weapons and not semi-dane guns.

Ask around for those who schooled in Okota or lived there between 1988 and 1995 and they would tell you of AMHS, Mr Apata and his penchant for chasing armed robbers.
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by ElRazur: 9:45am On Oct 03, 2010
BabaOnileK:

As I mentioned earlier, the policemen back then had lesser weapons in terms of quantity and quality. Lots of what we call shakabula and not now that there are quite lots of SAWs available. Maybe the military were afraid of police connivance with coup plotters. I think it took democracy for us to see the quality and quantity of arms with policemen that we witness now. Why else were MOPOL called "kill and go"? Cos they had weapons and not semi-dane guns.

Ask around for those who schooled in Okota or lived there between 1988 and 1995 and they would tell you of AMHS, Mr Apata and his penchant for chasing armed robbers.

I think it is imperative to make clear that it is most likely an Urban Myth that our police had shakabula in the 80s. Shakabula are usually home made guns and uses gun-powder and pellets (Very popular with Hunters in the village)

Back in the 80s, I was in Ilorin and I remember vividly that certain policemen do carry Ak-like and Klashnikov-type of guns. A few even had grenade on their utility belt.

Again, you last statement highlights some of the observation I raised - Lack of record.

I do however agree that the police were poorly trained and there wasn't enough Gun:Police ration then.
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by Jakumo(m): 11:30am On Oct 03, 2010
Despite the issuance of Belgian FN, German G3, and Russian or Chinese AK47 assault rifles to the Nigerian army as far back as the Biafran war over four decades years ago, the Nigerian police, until the mid 1990s, had to make do with hand-me-down World War II-era British Lee Enfield bolt-action rifles, chambered for those huge 303-caliber cartridges that are renowned for their monstrous recoil.  Those venerable Lee Enfileds, were, on account of their wooden stock and forend, often mistaken for Nigerian-made single-shot muzzle-loader black powder (Dane) guns.

While bolt-action rifles still remain the preferred shooting rig of open plains game hunters and military snipers due to the superior and consistent accuracy of that ancient design, the slow rate of fire inherent with such manually reloaded weapons renders them singularly [b]un[/b]suitable for close quarters fire-fights of the sort that would be dominated by those equipped with high-volume, rapid-fire automatic weapons like the AK.  With the cops and robbers arms race thus tipping in favor of the bandits, the Nigerian police were issued Kalashnikovs and Korean K2 rifles capable of spraying robust volleys of 7.62x39mm and 5.56mm NATO rounds respectively, thus leveling the playing field somewhat.

Nigeria's highwaymen of the 21st Century, however,  tote RPG7 grenade launchers in addition to the usual plethora of light infantry weapons fielded by outlaws against the police force and sitting duck citizenry.
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 04, 2010
Jakumo:

Despite the issuance of Belgian FN, German G3, and Russian or Chinese AK47 assault rifles to the Nigerian army as far back as the Biafran war over four decades years ago, the Nigerian police, until the mid 1990s, had to make do with hand-me-down World War II-era British Lee Enfield bolt-action rifles, chambered for those huge 303-caliber cartridges that are renowned for their monstrous recoil.  Those venerable Lee Enfileds, were, on account of their wooden stock and forend, often mistaken for Nigerian-made single-shot muzzle-loader black powder (Dane) guns.

While bolt-action rifles still remain the preferred shooting rig of open plains game hunters and military snipers due to the superior and consistent accuracy of that ancient design, the slow rate of fire inherent with such manually reloaded weapons renders them singularly [b]un[/b]suitable for close quarters fire-fights of the sort that would be dominated by those equipped with high-volume, rapid-fire automatic weapons like the AK.  With the cops and robbers arms race thus tipping in favor of the bandits, the Nigerian police were issued Kalashnikovs and Korean K2 rifles capable of spraying robust volleys of 7.62x39mm and 5.56mm NATO rounds respectively, thus leveling the playing field somewhat.

Nigeria's highwaymen of the 21st Century, however,  tote RPG7 grenade launchers in addition to the usual plethora of light infantry weapons fielded by outlaws against the police force and sitting duck citizenry.

I tire for your commentary oh! aba cool it down.
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by Godalone(m): 8:09am On Oct 05, 2010
Shina Rambo was jailed and has been released. He is now a Pastor, will look for his interview and post it here.
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by Godalone(m): 8:19am On Oct 05, 2010
How I Lived my Life as Notorious Shina Rambo
Published on September 14th, 2010

Oluwanifise Mathew aka Shina Rambo

The name Shina Rambo is one name that many Nigerians especially security agencies would not forget in a hurry. This is because, his name connoted fear that sent jitters down the spine of officers of the Nigeria Police Force in the 90s. In this interview with Sharpedgenews.com, Oluwanifise Mathew a.k.a Shina Rambo spoke on how he lived his life as the once dreaded notorious armed-robber and also how God used Prophet Timothy Obadare of the Christ Apostolic Church (WOSEM Centre) to liberate him from the shackles of death. Excerpt:

Sharpedgenews.com: Can you once introduce yourself?

Rambo: I am Evangelist Oluwanifise Mathew formerly called Shina Rambo.

Sharpedgenews.com: Can you let us a little into your life as Shina Rambo?

Rambo: If I start to talk about my life as Shina Rambo it will take me a whole day to give you the full gist. But I am sure that everybody living in Nigeria knows all the bad things that I have done as Shina Rambo. The devil really used me to destroy the lives of many people. Sincerely, I have wasted a lot of lives. It is painful for me to share this experience with you because all what I did then was something that ought to have destroyed me by ending my life. I should have been executed but God in his infinite mercy spared me in a miraculous way. The truth is that I deserved to die a horrible death for the pain I have inflicted on people.

Sharpedgenews.com: During your days as Shina-Rambo, you didn’t like security operatives- why is this?

Rambo: You know security operatives are the friends of the public but they are our own enemies. I always saw security operative as my greatest enemies then. It was easy for us to overpower them because of the weapons we were using then were very powerful and supernatural. Most of them cannot withstand even the sound of it let alone releasing bullets from it. Before we go out for any operation we normally go spiritual. Even among the security operatives you are talking about we still have Godfathers among them who I would not mention their names now but in the future. You know in any organization there are bad eggs and the bad eggs among them are our friends.

Sharpedgenews.com: Is it true that your driver then was a woman?

Rambo: Yes, it is true that a woman handled the wheel while I operated but unfortunately she was no more to testify to this. She was strong in all aspect both physical and spiritual.

Sharpedgenews.com: During your time as Shina Rambo, you must have acquired a lot of money from your operations- what happened to your wealth now?

Rambo: Let me tell you that whatever the devil gives is temporary. You know we made people to suffer then and we are enjoying after our operations. Even though, we made a lot of rituals to the devil. But when I was arrested everything I had perished. So many of my properties were taking over by the police. They took everything away from me-If not for the grace I should not be alive by now.

Sharpedgenews.com: Is it true that you lost your wife and three children in a day- how did it happen?

Rambo: This is a serious issue that makes me sad anytime I remember it. That time I traveled to Benin with a friend called Bello who is now late. It was a day shootout between my boys and the police and my family was caught in the middle of shootout. I lost my wife and children but I managed to escape.

Sharpedgenews.com: How did the security operative capture you?

Rambo: I was arrested in the year 1991 and it was through information but I was not captured during operation. What happened was that security operative got information about the hideout of some of my boys and invaded the place. It was through the shootout that some of them were killed while some others were arrested. It was those arrested that gave them the information that led to my arrest but it was not in action. My experience in prison was very bad. I did not have my bath for almost three months because there was no water. The situation in our prisons was so bad that for you to get water to drink was even a problem. I cannot count the number of times that I had to beg for urine of fellow inmates to drink because there was no water to drink.

Sharpedgenews.com: Were you the only person that was arrested among members of your gang?

Rambo: I was not the only one that was arrested. We were 12 that were arrested and taken to court. The trial lasted for 11 years but I spent the 11 years in Agodi prison before God intervened and I regained my freedom. As I am telling you now, I need the support of Nigerians to reach out to people in our prisons because my experience in the dungeon was not something I pray for even my enemy.
More to come later!

http://www.sharpedgenews.com/news/2010/09-14-10/rambo.shtml
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by knotty(m): 8:44am On Oct 05, 2010
^^^^
Story story, story!!!!!
Mr Giwa is a trader, he has a store in David`s village, bla bla, bla

sharpedge ko na sharp blade.

please, come up with soemthing plausible jare
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by Afam4eva(m): 8:53am On Oct 05, 2010
The strory of Shina Rambo has always sounded mythical to me. For Derico, he was killed in December 2003, then i was on my way to Enugu passing through Onitsha and i saw his ashes.
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by tkb417(m): 10:47am On Oct 05, 2010
Shina Rambo wasnt any myth

ask the people that lived in Sango and Ifo otta area about Shina Rambo and u'll forever be jittery

Lawrence and Monday to me were the biggest robbers in the history of this country tho i didnt witness any or hear of any exploit till he was openly executed

I think Derico's too much belief in juju was his downfall according to the movie i watched oh cos he had all the time in the world to run away when Bakassi boyz were after him

1 Like

Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by kraft: 9:18am On Oct 13, 2010
found this thru google, don't know how true it is
www.hedgesfortis.net/fortisnews/sinarambo.htm
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by SHEAU(m): 10:21am On Oct 13, 2010
In the movie u ll be ANINI and i ll be d good policeman that aprehend ANINI grin
~Sauron~:

What about De Rico in the East?? I heard he was more notorious than Anini and Oyenusi.
After Bakassi boys killed De Rico, his gang members went to the village De Rico was apprehended and shot 27 women n children DEAD!!!
Urban legend or not. . . . .someone needs to do a movie on these villains.
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 17, 2011
This thread must not die grin
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by drekid(m): 2:08pm On Jul 17, 2011
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by jmaine: 2:45pm On Jul 17, 2011
drekid:

http://campusheat.ning.com/profiles/blogs/interviews-national-mirror

Oboy, See Juju  shocked shocked . .so that him legendary commando lady na spirit cheesy cheesy . .no wonder his legend wasn't complete without  the story of that commando lady who wrecked havoc along side him  . . . We were even told that his expertise was to recruits forsaken LovePeddlers and orientate them with a brutal training regime that converted them to disciples of mayhem . . .
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by aloyemeka1: 3:45pm On Jul 17, 2011
Shina is now a pastor. I am wondering why he was never tried for the multiple murders he committed.
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jul 17, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Shina is now a pastor. I am wondering why he was never tried for the multiple murders he committed.

God delivered him
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by dealordea(m): 4:15pm On Jul 17, 2011
Abeg abeg abeg, i was born in the 90s and i could remember the story of shina rambo wella , infact, all getto boys always use him as a playing terms in hide and seek, Its bomb shell of the 90s, grin grin grin grin
Re: Shina Rambo The Notorious by Jarus(m): 6:03pm On Jul 17, 2011
Crime section.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Attempts To Rape 110-Year-Old Woman In Ekiti / Nigerian Arrested For Forging Ghana Chief Of Staff’s Signature (PICT / ASP Tortures Carpenter To Death In Ogun (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.