Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Kano Riot Of 1953 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Riot Of 1953 (17456 Views)

PMB visited by Sec school classmates set of 1953 in daura / Photos Of A 1953 Rollsroyce In Emir Sanusi's Garage / Kano Riot Of 1953 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Riot Of 1953 by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 02, 2015
Kano riot of 1953

The Kano riot of 1953 refers to the serious riot, which broke out in the ancient city of Kano,[1] located in Northern Nigeria, on 1 May 1953. The nature of the riot were clashes between Northerners and Southerners made up of mainly the Yorubas and the Ibos. The riot that lasted for four days claimed many lives of the Southerners and Northerners and many others were wounded.

Causes
The remote cause of the riot was the strained relationship between the Northern and Southern political leaders over the issue of self-government in 1956. This strained relationship started with a 1953 motion for self-government for Nigeria in 1956 tabled in the House of Representatives by a member of the Action Group (AG) Chief Anthony Enahoro. The Northerners did not accept the motion. The leader of the Northern People's Congress (NPC) and the Saraduna of Sokoto, Alhaji Ahmadu Bello in a counter-motion replaced in the year 1956 with the phrase "as soon as practicable". Another Northern member of the House moved a motion for adjournment, a motion viewed which Southern members of AG and NCNC viewed as a delay tactics. All the AG and NCNC members in the house walked out as a result of the adjournment motion. When the Northern delegates left the House, they were confronted by hostile crowds in Lagos who insulted, jeered and called them all sorts of names. Members of the Northern delegation were embittered and in their "Eight Point Program" in the Northern Regional Legislative House, they sought for secession. The last straw that broke the camel's back was the tour by a delegation of the AG and NCNC led by Chief S.L. Akintola. That tour which was aimed at campaigning for self-government acted as the immediate cause of the Kano riot. It sparked off a chain of disorder that culminated in the riot. The riot took place at Sabon Gari an area predominantly occupied by southern Nigerians.

Political implications

The riot left behind great effects which include:

1. The relationship between North and South deteriorated.
2. The Action Group and National Council of Nigeria and Cameroon went into temporary alliance against the Northern Peoples Congress thus bridging relationships.
3. It led to the granting of greater regional autonomy to the three regions.
4. Removal of power of intervention by the centre in all residual matters

Sir Oliver Lyttleton announced that it is impossible for the regions to work together, and therefore representatives from each region will be invited to discuss a new Nigerian constitution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kano_riot_of_1953

Situation has not changed till today.

Let us sit down now and do the needful.

One Nigeria has brought nothing but blood and tears.
Enough of the blood.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Riot Of 1953 by PedroJP(m): 9:47pm On Jun 02, 2015
Yes, and enough of our pretense of being one and hoping against hope to have a better Nigeria when it is war to form a cabinet.

BTW whether folks accept or not. Biafra is here, peaceful or otherwise.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Riot Of 1953 by hefty4real(m): 10:00pm On Jun 02, 2015
K
Re: Kano Riot Of 1953 by atlwireles: 10:03pm On Jun 02, 2015
With all these evidence southerners still wanted One country. We need to dig up the graves of the founders of Nigeria from the South and burn their bones up. angry angry angry angry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Riot Of 1953 by Nobody: 3:37am On Jun 03, 2015
atlwireles:
With all these evidence southerners still wanted One country. We need to dig up the graves of the founders of Nigeria from the South and burn their bones up. angry angry angry angry
Wireless, my brother you are being too passionate about regional divide. The average notherner feels more pains in the present dispensation than you and I. In all aspects of the human development index, the North is still lagging behind. Would you rather wish you were from the north? It is a class thing, it is not regional. I respect your sentiment because I'm very familiar with the Niger Delta; having visited several interior communities and seen the degradation there. I'm a Buhari supporter because I believe that he is more equipped to bring discipline and even development to the poorest. It's not about regionalism. In Delta State, it is difficult for the ethnic groups to live together. Ditto the Igbo and other ethnic groups in the Delta. It's bound to get worse in a decentralised Nigeria.
Re: Kano Riot Of 1953 by ImperialYoruba: 4:20am On Jun 03, 2015
quote author=noblezone post=34363451]Kano riot of 1953

The Kano riot of 1953 refers to the serious riot, which broke out in the ancient city of Kano,[1] located in Northern Nigeria, on 1 May 1953. The nature of the riot were clashes between Northerners and Southerners made up of mainly the Yorubas and the Ibos. The riot that lasted for four days claimed many lives of the Southerners and Northerners and many others were wounded.

Causes
The remote cause of the riot was the strained relationship between the Northern and Southern political leaders over the issue of self-government in 1956. This strained relationship started with a 1953 motion for self-government for Nigeria in 1956 tabled in the House of Representatives by a member of the Action Group (AG) Chief Anthony Enahoro. The Northerners did not accept the motion. The leader of the Northern People's Congress (NPC) and the Saraduna of Sokoto, Alhaji Ahmadu Bello in a counter-motion replaced in the year 1956 with the phrase "as soon as practicable". Another Northern member of the House moved a motion for adjournment, a motion viewed which Southern members of AG and NCNC viewed as a delay tactics. All the AG and NCNC members in the house walked out as a result of the adjournment motion. When the Northern delegates left the House, they were confronted by hostile crowds in Lagos who insulted, jeered and called them all sorts of names. Members of the Northern delegation were embittered and in their "Eight Point Program" in the Northern Regional Legislative House, they sought for secession. The last straw that broke the camel's back was the tour by a delegation of the AG and NCNC led by Chief S.L. Akintola. That tour which was aimed at campaigning for self-government acted as the immediate cause of the Kano riot. It sparked off a chain of disorder that culminated in the riot. The riot took place at Sabon Gari an area predominantly occupied by southern Nigerians.

Political implications

The riot left behind great effects which include:

1. The relationship between North and South deteriorated.
2. The Action Group and National Council of Nigeria and Cameroon went into temporary alliance against the Northern Peoples Congress thus bridging relationships.
3. It led to the granting of greater regional autonomy to the three regions.
4. Removal of power of intervention by the centre in all residual matters

Sir Oliver Lyttleton announced that it is impossible for the regions to work together, and therefore representatives from each region will be invited to discuss a new Nigerian constitution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kano_riot_of_1953

Situation has not changed till today.

Let us sit down now and do the needful.

One Nigeria has brought nothing but blood and tears.
Enough of the blood.

In any way they can, Ibos want by all means to expand their sufferhead to include Yoruba. Try as they do it never sticks!

Southerners were not target of 1953 riots, Ibos were the targets. Yorubas were not targeted either.

Here is what wiki auditors said about your page

" This page has serious issues".

Going further it says,

This article relies largely or entirely upon asingle source. (December 2013)

In other words, it is unreliable! Shame on you with your attache mentality. You cant stand by yourself but you want to rule Lagos. Lagos cant be ruled by cowards.

6 Likes

Re: Kano Riot Of 1953 by Nobody: 5:25am On Jun 03, 2015
ImperialYoruba:

In any way they can, Ibos want by all means to expand their sufferhead to include Yoruba. Try as they do it never sticks!

Southerners were not target of 1953 riots, Ibos were the targets. Yorubas were not targeted either.

Going further it says,

In other words, it is unreliable! Shame on you with your attache mentality. You cant stand by yourself but you want to rule Lagos. Lagos cant be ruled by cowards.

Bros, cool your temper please.

i saw the article and posted it. I was the author.

Now, give us the proper account with the proper sources.
have a great day.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Riot Of 1953 by worksmart(m): 5:43am On Jun 03, 2015
k
Re: Kano Riot Of 1953 by Nobody: 6:33am On Jun 03, 2015
ImperialYoruba:

Going further it says,

Even Cartoon Riot , Reinhard Bonke and Miss World Riots Yolobass were not killed they were handed buckets of chocolate to lick while the NYSC election violence of 2011 Yolobass were handed Kirishi and Suya to be eating and watch while Igbos were killed.

Oooops I forget Ibadan traders where Igbos, Ore Massacre were Igbos, Oshogbo and Ilorin of April, Ekiti fracas of last week Igbos were targeted, Mile 2 killing I guest an Igbo was a victim, the number of pastors killed in North since Boko Haram were mainly Igbos abi, even the young lady shot at close range while preaching and sharing Rhapsody of Miracle was an Igbo. ?

You have every right to be a coward by denying being oppressed but respect our right to remind you of your "monopoly of cowardhood".

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano Riot Of 1953 by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 03, 2015
ImperialYoruba:

Going further it says,

lol... ur comment is not new sha, Dats how u yorubas think.
U think dat independence was pushed by only igbo people that made d Northerners off then want to attack d igbo's...
Back then b4 the coup igbos and northerners corporated politically more, that was one of d reason that lead to Zik becoming the president... u say yorubas were not affected, u forget that one of d things that led to kano riots was d attack on northerners in Lagos western region for opposing and trying to halt Nigerian independence...lol... u guys re very bad liars.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kano Riot Of 1953 by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 03, 2015
lygn19:
lol... ur comment is not new sha, Dats how u yorubas think.
U think dat independence was pushed by only igbo people that made d Northerners off then want to attack d igbo's...
Back then b4 the coup igbos and northerners corporated politically more, that was one of d reason that lead to Zik becoming the president... u say yorubas were not affected, u forget that one of d things that led to kano riots was d attack on northerners in Lagos western region for opposing and trying to halt Nigerian independence...lol... u guys re very bad liars.

They are cowards, they have never attack the North since the history of riot in Nigeria, their civil war with Nigeria lasted for 3 days in 1993 while Are Ona kakanfo and his wife were sacrifice to Dan Fodio Shrine in Sokoto.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Riot Of 1953 by ArodeTsolaye: 10:33am On Jun 03, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Even Cartoon Riot , Reinhard Bonke and Miss World Riots Yolobass were not killed they were handed buckets of chocolate to lick while the NYSC election violence of 2011 Yolobass were handed Kirishi and Suya to be eating and watch while Igbos were killed.

Oooops I forget Ibadan traders where Igbos, Ore Massacre were Igbos, Oshogbo and Ilorin of April, Ekiti fracas of last week Igbos were targeted, Mile 2 killing I guest an Igbo was a victim, the number of pastors killed in North since Boko Haram were mainly Igbos abi, even the young lady shot at close range while preaching and sharing Rhapsody of Miracle was an Igbo. ?

You have every right to be a coward by denying being oppressed but respect our right to remind you of your "monopoly of cowardhood".

Dayumm! wicked!
Re: Kano Riot Of 1953 by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 03, 2015
BuddahMonk:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Very good rebuttal to a fool.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Riot Of 1953 by Nobody: 11:00am On Jun 03, 2015
ImperialYoruba:

[s]In any way they can, Ibos want by all means to expand their sufferhead to include Yoruba. Try as they do it never sticks!

Going further it says,

In other words, it is unreliable! Shame on you with your attache mentality. You cant stand by yourself but you want to rule Lagos. Lagos cant be ruled by cowards.[/s]

Stop burying your head in the sand, it will not save you. When the northerners start their shiit, even Yoruba muslims are not spared, they usually abandon their houses and flee to the Sabon garis where other Southerners largely stay for safety. i have travelled a lot and lived in every geopolitical zone in this country.

The only reason why the Igbos seem to always take the highest casualties amongst Southerners is because we travel out of our region more than the Yoruba or any other Southern tribe. I personally know Yorubas that have been killed in the north but will not give names.

Stop deceiving yourself by thinking that the northerners love the Yorubas and hate the Igbos. When they start their riots, they attack and kill any Southerner in sight whether Igbo or Yoruba and even kill Yoruba muslims and destroy their properties. They also attack and kill MB Christians. the only people they spare are their northern muslim brothers.

Grow up imperialmumu.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kano Riot Of 1953 by IGBOSON1: 11:13am On Jun 03, 2015
atlwireles:

^^^I couldn't agree with you more! The handwriting was on the wall even way back then! People like Zik ignored all the warning signs....maybe because he was born in the north and felt some kind of affinity with them!

1 Like

Re: Kano Riot Of 1953 by atlwireles: 11:20am On Jun 03, 2015
kITATITA:

Wireless, my brother you are being too passionate about regional divide. The average notherner feels more pains in the present dispensation than you and I. In all aspects of the human development index, the North is still lagging behind. Would you rather wish you were from the north? It is a class thing, it is not regional. I respect your sentiment because I'm very familiar with the Niger Delta; having visited several interior communities and seen the degradation there. I'm a Buhari supporter because I believe that he is more equipped to bring discipline and even development to the poorest. It's not about regionalism. In Delta State, it is difficult for the ethnic groups to live together. Ditto the Igbo and other ethnic groups in the Delta. It's bound to get worse in a decentralised Nigeria.

We have different goals, for our lives. Freedom is what I seek, not a personnel change.

1 Like

Re: Kano Riot Of 1953 by Blackfire(m): 11:35am On Jun 03, 2015
One of my fears in this buhari govt is that the yorubas will be dealt with directly or indirectly, and the igbos will just look on,or help them(north) for free.
We need a serious SNC or a united southern states viz SW,SE,SS,MB
Re: Kano Riot Of 1953 by IGBOSON1: 12:11pm On Jun 03, 2015
Blackfire:
One of my fears in this buhari govt is that the yorubas will be dealt with directly or indirectly, and the igbos will just look on,or help them(north) for free.
We need a serious SNC or a united southern states viz SW,SE,SS,MB

^^^Hehehehehe grin grin grin

Don't worry...Igbos are not vindictive like that! wink

I'll tell you something: no matter the political differences, if the shoe was on the other foot in the late 60s and innocent Yoruba civilans were the victims of northern wickedness, i can tell you for nothing that Ndigbo would have been on their side to fight the north....after which we still maintain a Southern Nigeria Republic or we all go our separate ways!

Our values as a people dictate we should hate injustice and bullying no matter who the victim is, and we believe in being good neighbours!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Riot Of 1953 by Blackfire(m): 12:23pm On Jun 03, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^Hehehehehe grin grin grin

Don't worry...Igbos are not vindictive like that! wink

I'll tell you something: no matter the political differences, if the shoe was on the other foot in the late 60s and innocent Yoruba civilans were the victims of northern wickedness, i can tell you for nothing that Ndigbo would have been on their side to fight the north....after which we still maintain a Southern Nigeria Republic or we all go our separate ways!

Our values as a people dictate we should hate injustice and bullying no matter who the victim is, and we believe in being good neighbours!

A STORM IS COMING,the igbos i know are patient avengers,it may take 50 years but they will revenge any injustice done,without restitution, we the southerners should know the northern agenda is fully loaded, and A STORM IS COMING.

1 Like

Re: Kano Riot Of 1953 by MayorofLagos(m): 12:31pm On Jun 03, 2015
BuddahMonk:

There were occassions in which Yoruba ana Hausa or Yoruba and Fulani, or Yoruba and Hausa and Fulani combined have faced-off DIRECTLY with one another. Regardless of the outcome we have never called it a "Hausa/Fulani killing Southerners" or labeled it a "Northerner against Southerner" uprise, riot, fight, war,....or whatever label you choose to call it. You can go as far back into the Ilorin house coup if you want and all the way forward to today, 03/06/2015. I dare you to name one instance Yoruba and Northerners warred or had riot or uprising and we Yoruba ganged other ethnics into our camp and expanded it as a Southern thing.

During our skirmish with Hausa in Idi Araba there were Ibo victims, even though they were not the target. Same thing in Agege. There were Ibos killed in Kano when Hausa went after Yorubas in retaliation for Idi Araba. We never expanded it, we took ownership and agreed our brothers were killed in North.

There is no way a cross ethnic riot in a populous city will happen and you will not end up with collaterals affecting non-parties in the confrontatiin. To assume otherwise is myopic.

Targeted and collateral are two different aspects in the history of ethnic wars and riots in Nigeria.

Ibo on the other hand is always ready to shake off ownership of its confrontational losses and spread the casualties to include Yorubas. Everytime you are killed by Hausa you start looking for story to attach Yoruba to it. You go to extremes and even call it a Southern casualty.

Even in riots that dont concern you, you try to squeeze yourself in as a co-victim. Two weeks ago in Ekiti riot, a face off between Hausa and Yoruba, but before either onehad taken toll of its losses Ibojumped into press and called itself a victim.

Assess for yourself and get assistance from your co-travellers who are cheering you to give thought.....who is a COWARD, the ethnic group that owns its victories and losses or the one who never gets a victory but losses and is ever ready to hang the losses on others neck?

More to come..... cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Kano Riot Of 1953 by OJUcrook: 12:34pm On Jun 03, 2015
atlwireles:
start with Nnamdi Azikiwe

5 Likes

Re: Kano Riot Of 1953 by atlwireles: 12:48pm On Jun 03, 2015
OJUcrook:

I rather start with Enahoro, Okite-eboh and even David Ejoor/Ogbemudia. They should all have known better, that their people have nothing in common, politically, with 70% of what is called Nigeria today.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Riot Of 1953 by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 03, 2015
MayorofLagos:

[s]There were occassions in which Yoruba ana Hausa or Yoruba and Fulani, or Yoruba and Hausa and Fulani combined have faced-off DIRECTLY with one another. Regardless of the outcome we have never called it a "Hausa/Fulani killing Southerners" or labeled it a "Northerner against Southerner" uprise, riot, fight, war,....or whatever label you choose to call it. You can go as far back into the Ilorin house coup if you want and all the way forward to today, 03/06/2015. I dare you to name one instance Yoruba and Northerners warred or had riot or uprising and we Yoruba ganged other ethnics into our camp and expanded it as a Southern thing.

During our skirmish with Hausa in Idi Araba there were Ibo victims, even though they were not the target. Same thing in Agege. There were Ibos killed in Kano when Hausa went after Yorubas in retaliation for Idi Araba. We never expanded it, we took ownership and agreed our brothers were killed in North.

There is no way a cross ethnic riot in a populous city will happen and you will not end up with collaterals affecting non-parties in the confrontatiin. To assume otherwise is myopic.

Targeted and collateral are two different aspects in the history of ethnic wars and riots in Nigeria.[/s]

Ibo on the other hand is always ready to shake off ownership of its confrontational losses and spread the casualties to include Yorubas. Everytime you are killed by Hausa you start looking for story to attach Yoruba to it. You go to extremes and even call it a Southern casualty.

[s]Even in riots that dont concern you, you try to squeeze yourself in as a co-victim. Two weeks ago in Ekiti riot, a face off between Hausa and Yoruba, but before either onehad taken toll of its losses Ibojumped into press and called itself a victim.

Assess for yourself and get assistance from your co-travellers who are cheering you to give thought.....who is a COWARD, the ethnic group that owns its victories and losses or the one who never gets a victory but losses and is ever ready to hang the losses on others neck?

More to come..... cheesy cheesy[/s]

The bold part is a big fat lie! It is the Yoruba that is always quick to label every crisis in the north as Igbo vs Hausa just to save themselves. When boko haram detonates a bomb in the north, you hear them shouting that Igbos are being killed when Yorubas are also taking casualties in :Dthe north. We have dealt with the northerners many times in the East such that they end up fleeing into barracks and crowd themselves there and we never talked about Southern casualties.

The bitter truth is that for every riot in the north, Igbos take casualties and Yorubas also take their share, same with boko haram attacks. The only reason why we always take higher casualties is because our people are more in number in the north than the Yorubas. Simple as ABC.

Stop deceiving yourself please...

BuddahMonk was spot on with the response he gave to you.

Or maybe I should say, yes, the northerners go about sharing suya and kilishi to the yorubas anytime there is riot or boko haram attack in the north and go about killing Igbos. You feel good now right? grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Kano Riot Of 1953 by T8ksy(m): 1:12pm On Jun 03, 2015
OJUcrook:

Yes o, the one and only myopic and mischievous "Zik of Africa"...........who eventually passed away as simply "Zik of Onitsha".

6 Likes

Re: Kano Riot Of 1953 by zimoni(f): 2:08pm On Jun 03, 2015
atlwireles:

I rather start with Enahoro, Okite eboh and even David Ejoor/Ogbemudia. They should all have known better, that their people have nothing in common, politically, with 70% of what is called Nigeria today.

You are right Mr wireless.

We have no business living together in the same country. Two crises occurred (1953 and 1958) before we got independence, Southerners were killed (majorly Yorubas and Igbos) yet our Southern Leaders went ahead to accept living in the same country with the people who had been killing Southerners.

North even hesitated joining Nigeria. They saw us as different people from them. Instead of our Southern Leaders (esp Zik) to let the North go their separate way, they decided to wait for 3years (1957 to 1960) until North was ready to form One Nigeria as if without North we wouldn't survive. It's painful. Too badt we found ourselves in this damned forced-marriage called NaijaRiya. Too badt our Southern Elders missed it. They goofed big them. They put us in this mess. Can't wait to say goodbye to forced-marriage and become a citizen of Oodua Republic.

Two countries (Northern Nigeria and Southern Nigeria or whatever names, which would have disintegrated further into various countries) should have been created instead of independence giving to Nigeria to 1960 just like British India which gave birth to India and Pakistan. Truth is we have no business living together in the same country because our way of life is quite different.

I blame Chief Awolowo (He should have insisted he was going his separate way instead of being coerced by Zik, North and Brit govt to accept One Nigeria), Chief Zik (He refused to read the handwriting on the wall, Southerners were killed twice in 1953 and 1958 yet the old man accepted One Nigeria for the reason best known to him) and the rest Southern Leaders who put us in this mess.

When we had another chance to call off the forced-marriage, Chief Awolowo for the reason best known to him, decided to support the North. He didn't cause the war agreed, but it was another opportunity to annul the forced-marriage. Too bad North always wins. Funny enough, their Elites are the Richest but their People are the Poorest. Too badt.

Can't wait to go my separate way. I have no business living together with some dudes in this forced-marriage nation. Too badt.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Riot Of 1953 by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jun 03, 2015
zimoni:

You are right Mr wireless.

We have no business living together in the same country. Two crises occurred (1953 and 1958) before we got independence, Southerners were killed (majorly Yorubas and Igbos) yet our Southern Leaders went ahead to accept living in the same country with the people who had been killing Southerners.

North even hesitated joining Nigeria. They saw us as different people from them. Instead of our Southern Leaders (esp Zik) to let the North go their separate way, they decided to wait for 3years (1957 to 1960) until North was ready to form One Nigeria as if without North we wouldn't survive. It's painful. Too badt we found ourselves in this damned forced-marriage called NaijaRiya. Too badt our Southern Elders missed it. They goofed big them. They put us in this mess. Can't wait to say goodbye to forced-marriage and become a citizen of Oodua Republic.

Two countries (Northern Nigeria and Southern Nigeria or whatever names, which would have disintegrated further into various countries) should have been created instead of independence giving to Nigeria to 1960 just like British India which gave birth to India and Pakistan. Truth is we have no business living together in the same country because our way of life is quite different.

I blame Chief Awolowo (He should have insisted he was going his separate way instead of being coerced by Zik, North and Brit govt to accept One Nigeria), Chief Zik (He refused to read the handwriting on the wall, Southerners were killed twice in 1953 and 1958 yet the old man accepted One Nigeria for the reason best known to him) and the rest Southern Leaders who put us in this mess.

When we had another chance to call off the forced-marriage, Chief Awolowo for the reason best known to him, decided to support the North. He didn't cause the war agreed, but it was another opportunity to annul the forced-marriage. Too bad North always wins. Funny enough, their Elites are the Richest but their People are the Poorest. Too badt.

Can't wait to go my separate way. I have no business living together with some dudes in this forced-marriage nation. Too badt.

We have to continue to create the awareness.
Soon we shall get there.
Re: Kano Riot Of 1953 by zimoni(f): 2:36pm On Jun 03, 2015
noblezone:

We have to continue to create the awareness.
Soon we shall get there.

Amen.
Re: Kano Riot Of 1953 by radgenez: 2:41pm On Jun 03, 2015
THE THEORY I PROPOUNDED CAN HELP US SOLVE THIS MENACE https://www.nairaland.com/2355258/dilemna-biafra
Re: Kano Riot Of 1953 by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 03, 2015
MayorofLagos:

There were occassions in which Yoruba ana Hausa or Yoruba and Fulani, or Yoruba and Hausa and Fulani combined have faced-off DIRECTLY with one another. Regardless of the outcome we have never called it a "Hausa/Fulani killing Southerners" or labeled it a "Northerner against Southerner" uprise, riot, fight, war,....or whatever label you choose to call it. You can go as far back into the Ilorin house coup if you want and all the way forward to today, 03/06/2015. I dare you to name one instance Yoruba and Northerners warred or had riot or uprising and we Yoruba ganged other ethnics into our camp and expanded it as a Southern thing.

Targeted and collateral are two different aspects in the history of ethnic wars and riots in Nigeria.

Even in riots that dont concern you, you try to squeeze yourself in as a co-victim. Two weeks ago in Ekiti riot, a face off between Hausa and Yoruba, but before either onehad taken toll of its losses Ibojumped into press and called itself a victim.

More to come..... cheesy cheesy

Have you ask yourself why do Northerners flee East before any election and why do Easterners do the same from North.

Our vengeance is best served hot, if they attack we reply, we don't carry placards or picket at police stations.

We are not denying been killed but we also try as much as we can to recover our pound of flesh from them.

Yolobass are nothing but Ostriches.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Riot Of 1953 by mercyville: 3:17pm On Jun 03, 2015
BuddahMonk:

"ROFL with friends."Very comical indeed,when an igboman calls a Yorubaman coward...Like Cuba calling USA,coward...or the Igbo Nation calling the Fon of Dahomey,coward...you go and learn about their great, great grand fathers and see that when the situation called for war,they would rather wrestle it out than get maimed or killed...until the greatest man of them all...OJUKWU...came and he dared to fight the Hausa/Fulani,their slavemasters since the dawn of this contraption called Nigeria...a seemingly brave man coming from a coward tribe like the Igbo...they turned him into a semigod because he was different from all his tribesmen but his DNA(coward DNA)failed him and he fled dressed like woman to escape to Ivory Coast...once a coward always a coward...but for the Yorubas...I call them considerate warriors,master strategists,no gra gra but extremely lethal..they can be likened to a TIGER THAT DOES NOT SHOUT ITS TIGRITUDE...TESTED,TRUSTED,GUARANTEED...go and read about them,you would be happy you did... grin
BuddahMonk:

"ROFL with friends."Very comical indeed,when an igboman calls a Yorubaman coward...Like Cuba calling USA,coward...or the Igbo Nation calling the Fon of Dahomey,coward...you go and learn about their great, great grand fathers and see that when the situation called for war,they would rather wrestle it out than get maimed or killed...until the greatest man of them all...OJUKWU...came and he dared to fight the Hausa/Fulani,their slavemasters since the dawn of this contraption called Nigeria...a seemingly brave man coming from a coward tribe like the Igbo...they turned him into a semigod because he was different from all his tribesmen but his DNA(coward DNA)failed him and he fled dressed like a woman to escape to Ivory Coast...once a coward always a coward...but for the Yorubas...I call them considerate warriors,master strategists,no gra gra but extremely lethal..they can be likened to a TIGER THAT DOES NOT SHOUT ITS TIGRITUDE...TESTED,TRUSTED,GUARANTEED...go and read about them,you would be happy you did...

2 Likes

Re: Kano Riot Of 1953 by mercyville: 4:42pm On Jun 03, 2015
atlwireles:

We have different goals, for our lives. Freedom is what I seek, not a personnel change.
Every SLAVE seeks FREEDOM,yours is not the first time slaves would want to be free from their slavemasters...but not to worry,your masters would free you from the shackles of slavery in no distant time..Aurevoir
Re: Kano Riot Of 1953 by atlwireles: 4:49pm On Jun 03, 2015
mercyville:
Every SLAVE seeks FREEDOM,yours is not the first time slaves would want to be free from their slavemasters...but not to worry,your masters would free you from the shackles of slavery in no distant time..Aurevoir

Slave master? The One Nigeria crowd and cowards, just vomiting their trash as usual. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Arase Arrives Enugu Over Herdsmen Massacre / Don’t Accuse My Ministers Of Corruption Without Evidence – Buhari / Mimiko Resigns PDP Membership, Might Join LP Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.