Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,231 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Billionaire Gives Away N120b Fortune, Becomes A Monk With No Asset - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Billionaire Gives Away N120b Fortune, Becomes A Monk With No Asset (872 Views)

No Asset Forms, No Screening, Senate Tells Ministerial Nominees / National Assembly N120B Budget: Senate Heads For Stormy Session! / Exclusive: President Jonathan Gives Away Ine In Bayelsa | 1st Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Billionaire Gives Away N120b Fortune, Becomes A Monk With No Asset by JayAyede: 8:14am On Jun 03, 2015
According to reports, Forbes Millionaire, Bhanwarlal Doshi, 58, who is said to be worth over $600m has given away all his fortune.
Doshi who owns a plastic company has converted into the famous Jain monk’s life. He converted on Sunday, May 31, 2015 and became one of the disciples of Jain Acharya, Shri Gunratna Surishwarji Maharaj.
To start his monk life, a party was thrown for him, over 1500 people attended the party.
After the ceremony, Doshi is expected to live in abject poverty with no maids or money or any physical possession.
Reports have it that Doshi had always wanted to become a monk after he listened to Jain’s lectures in 1981, but it took him time to convince his family.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/headline/417731-billionaire-gives-away-n120b-fortune-becomes-a-monk-with-no-asset.html
Re: Billionaire Gives Away N120b Fortune, Becomes A Monk With No Asset by DaBullIT(m): 8:15am On Jun 03, 2015
Cheeesoooos!!!!

Why these gys no dey ever enter Nairaland ?
Re: Billionaire Gives Away N120b Fortune, Becomes A Monk With No Asset by drtwist(m): 8:15am On Jun 03, 2015
why was i not invited to the gathering were the money was divided na.
No p.
Adenuga, Otedola, Ayiri, OBJ, Jona,et al when are you guys becoming a monk?

Aliko Dangote emmmm??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Billionaire Gives Away N120b Fortune, Becomes A Monk With No Asset by Dollyak(f): 8:17am On Jun 03, 2015
I hope he gets the freedom he is looking for, but I can't do it.
Re: Billionaire Gives Away N120b Fortune, Becomes A Monk With No Asset by midolian(m): 8:19am On Jun 03, 2015
Good think to do...He is still a businessman. He has only invested in the hereafter. May God grant him the heaven.
Re: Billionaire Gives Away N120b Fortune, Becomes A Monk With No Asset by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 03, 2015
Oyibo people have really weird emotions. ... They don't care about what they lose as long as they get their satisfaction... Make I see this happen for Naija undecided grin

Anyway, Lucky are they who benefitted.. cheesy

I wish him continous grace, wisdom, perseverance and guidance from God because the journey isn't going to be a smooth one for the flesh.. God bless him..

He never gave upppp... from 1981, now he's here.. not easy...
Re: Billionaire Gives Away N120b Fortune, Becomes A Monk With No Asset by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 03, 2015
Dollyak:
I hope he gets the freedom he is looking for, but I can't do it.
Freedom, as in?
Re: Billionaire Gives Away N120b Fortune, Becomes A Monk With No Asset by coolzeal(m): 8:24am On Jun 03, 2015
Ermm... I just lost my train of thought.
Re: Billionaire Gives Away N120b Fortune, Becomes A Monk With No Asset by Dollyak(f): 8:25am On Jun 03, 2015
MarvellousGod:
Freedom, as in?
Monk is about a desire for tranquillity, peace and attainment of freedom of mind.
Re: Billionaire Gives Away N120b Fortune, Becomes A Monk With No Asset by agarawu23(m): 8:25am On Jun 03, 2015
here is my number +234797554387796

call me whenever dangote is ready to do the same cool

1 Like

Re: Billionaire Gives Away N120b Fortune, Becomes A Monk With No Asset by Nobody: 8:27am On Jun 03, 2015
Dollyak:

Monk is about the attainment of freedom of mind.
ohh, alright. .
Re: Billionaire Gives Away N120b Fortune, Becomes A Monk With No Asset by Dollyak(f): 8:28am On Jun 03, 2015
I will grant him salvation for a million $$. You can be a monk sitting in your own home with all the money. Use Money but dont get used by Money !!
Re: Billionaire Gives Away N120b Fortune, Becomes A Monk With No Asset by PassingShot(m): 8:28am On Jun 03, 2015
Wonderment in wonderland!
Re: Billionaire Gives Away N120b Fortune, Becomes A Monk With No Asset by Blackfire(m): 8:29am On Jun 03, 2015
Happily rushed in with someone on my mind *no be him*
Re: Billionaire Gives Away N120b Fortune, Becomes A Monk With No Asset by sommyblaze(m): 8:32am On Jun 03, 2015
Chaiii.

Aiit

Next!!!
Re: Billionaire Gives Away N120b Fortune, Becomes A Monk With No Asset by coolhamid(m): 8:53am On Jun 03, 2015
Dats what he believed in..
Just like the way some people believe in Jesus and Mohammed..

I am of the thought that no religion is superior...
Re: Billionaire Gives Away N120b Fortune, Becomes A Monk With No Asset by kazmanbanjoko(m): 9:25am On Jun 03, 2015
Na wa ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Billionaire Gives Away N120b Fortune, Becomes A Monk With No Asset by kazmanbanjoko(m): 9:26am On Jun 03, 2015
Dis is what happened when yu are sick of being rich.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Billionaire Gives Away N120b Fortune, Becomes A Monk With No Asset by eagleeye2: 9:33am On Jun 03, 2015
This guy na Dangote 'age' mate., Why can't Aliko emulate him

(1) (Reply)

Most New Ekiti Lawmakers Are Touts – APC / Comparing Senator Lawan With Senator Bukola Saraki. / Why We Are Supporting Buhari —G7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.