Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,667 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

"I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells (4922 Views)

Buhari's Big Ministerial Appointment Mistake / Buhari Declares Open 2 Day Retreats For Ministerial-designates In Abuja Today / Amaechi First Name On Screening List For Ministerial Nominees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by olabukola: 7:22pm On Jun 03, 2015
I will not consider you for ministerial appointment" – Buhari tells
Fashola, Amaechi
The immediate past governor of Lagos State, Mr Babatunde
Fashola and his Rivers State counterpart, Mr Rotimi Amaechi have
become the first causalities’ of President Muhammadu Buhari’s
‘no nonsense’ style of leadership as both have lost out in their
quest for ministerial position.
The two former governors were at the forefront of the tenacious
“change campaign” that saw Buhari emerged victorious in the
March 28, 2015 presidential election where Amaechi even served
as Buhari’s campaign director.
According to reports from Thecityreporters, President Buhari was
said to have told Fashola and Amaechi to their faces in one of the
All Progressives Congress (APC) caucus meetings held before his
inauguration on Friday, May, 29, that he was not considering both
of them for ministerial appointment without given any reasons to
justify his stand.
This we gathered may not be unconnected with the large sub-
national external debts incurred by Lagos State and Rivers State
under the watch of Fashola and Amaechi.
Under Fashola, Lagos State Government owes $1.02bn which
represents 33.86 per cent of the country’s total sub-national
external debts leaving the remaining 35 states and the Federal
Capital Territory with $1.99bn as of June 30, 2014.
Amaechi was also accused of plunging Rivers State into massive
external indebtedness by a coalition of non-governmental
organisations interested in transparency and accountability in
governance.
He took $280m concessionary loan from World Bank and the
Africa Development Bank for the purpose of providing water and
sanitation which the coordinator of NDCBP, Mr Ken Henshaw
claimed will increase Rivers State debt to the tune of $322m.
Henshaw, said, “since 2008, Rivers State has experienced a steady
rise in the amount it owes external creditors. In 2008, Rivers State
owed $32.3m, which increased to $33.7m in 2009.
“By 2010, it rose to $35.5m and decreased to $33.8m in 2011,
only to rise again to $36.6m in 2012 and $42.6m as at the end of
2013.”
Henshaw noted then that apart from these, the Rivers State
government also had a significantly large domestic debt amount,
which stood at N81.4bn and represented 5.2 percent of the total
domestic debt of 36 states as at the end of 2012.”
The then Rivers State commissioner for information and
communications, Mrs Ibim Sementari however refuted the claim
saying the state’s debt was below N100bn.
She insisted then that Rivers State government had set aside
N11bn every month to service its debt profile, therefore would not
leave any debt for the incoming government; a promise the
Amaechi led government failed to honour as governor Nyesom
Wike had raised the alarm over the large debt left behind by
Amaechi.
We however gathered from a reliable source, that President Buhari
has been under pressure since his victory by some stakeholders of
the APC especially from the South-West who felt their financial
support contributed greatly to his overwhelming victory at the poll.
Buhari was said to have rejected severally the ministerial
nominees list doctored by these APC South-West cabals on the
ground that he decides who works with him and would only
consider someone based on merit.
This we gathered informed Buhari’s statement in his inaugural
speech after he was sworn-in on Friday, that he is for everyone
and not for anyone.
Source maintains that the list of ministerial nominees published by
an online news portal which the APC hierarchy disowned before
the inauguration was actually presented to Buhari but his refusal
to accept or look at it forced the APC to disown it in order not to
expose the party’s in-house rancor to the public.
Source further said that Buhari being a disciplinarian believes that
Fashola and Amaechi who were among those who flouted his
directive to all out-going governors to settle their debts before
vacating office are not fit enough as well as prudent to be
considered in his cabinet.
Besides, Buhari is said to have confidence in the personalities that
worked with him during his 20 months administration in 1983 and
would only consider new faces on the ground of merit.
“We could see the return of Tam David West and others soon.”
Source said.
But Fashola’s camp however are attributing his rejection to the
cold war between him and Bola Tinubu saying their principal is
being witch-hunted by his political god-father over personal
disagreement.
According to them, rather than fighting, they should be worried that
APC is about to be high jacked by the northerners, citing Buhari’s
recent visit to London where none of the South-West APC
stalwarts was informed, they feared that Buhari will not carry the
South-west APC echelons along.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by olabukola: 7:23pm On Jun 03, 2015
This is serious ooh

1 Like

Re: "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by waternogatenemy: 7:23pm On Jun 03, 2015
I change my mind, Buhari is the man... If this report is true, dat is...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by SeverusSnape(m): 7:23pm On Jun 03, 2015

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by waternogatenemy: 7:25pm On Jun 03, 2015
I am not Edwin Clark yet, just watching to see if Buhari truly belongs to nobody and means business.

My mind is not yet made up, just observing.

1 Like

Re: "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by PassingShot(m): 7:27pm On Jun 03, 2015
Fake news.

12 Likes

Re: "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by Terry68: 7:28pm On Jun 03, 2015
Hollywood vs Nollywood

Cast: Pmb,Ameachi, fashola and the rest

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jun 03, 2015
Lol If devil and apc do lie contest I doubt if devil go see apc back D gap go wide

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by Rawani: 7:31pm On Jun 03, 2015
Scam. President Buhari is sure to have a laugh on reading this. I see TANoids are now investing in opening fake news blogs, hopefully it will fix the horrible grammar that most of them suffer. Some people will receive drips the day Amaechi finally gets an appointment in this government.

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by jerryunit48: 7:32pm On Jun 03, 2015
I been want comment but I never see source

1 Like

Re: "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by MzJackBaueress(f): 7:33pm On Jun 03, 2015
TANoids can lie eh...

1 Like

Re: "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by jorlons(m): 7:36pm On Jun 03, 2015
No comment for now

1 Like

Re: "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by Elslim: 7:38pm On Jun 03, 2015
sai baba

1 Like

Re: "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by CallPolice: 7:40pm On Jun 03, 2015
hmmm

1 Like

Re: "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by stebell(m): 7:46pm On Jun 03, 2015
That dullard frm Daura ain't seen nothing yet.

Amarchi the Judas of Ubima, see ur life
Hw fa Fashola the man wit the highest debt compared to 35 states of the federation.

Yeye D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ smell.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by real86(m): 7:47pm On Jun 03, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Is it a lie or you pray it's a lie?

3 Likes

Re: "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by wealthinfos(m): 7:48pm On Jun 03, 2015
Pls disregard this fake news. The day Buhari fails to recorganise the commonsense General, Amaechi who staked his life for his victory at all cost thats the day his trouble begins. Dazzol!
Re: "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by mogentle(m): 7:48pm On Jun 03, 2015
Sauceless, saltless and sourceless story.
Re: "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by SeverusSnape(m): 7:50pm On Jun 03, 2015
real86:
Is it a lie or you pray it's a lie?
Its a lie.
Re: "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by Babacele: 8:00pm On Jun 03, 2015
SeverusSnape:
A lie from hell!
Re: "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by Babacele: 8:01pm On Jun 03, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
TANoids can lie eh...
they can extra -over -lie !

2 Likes

Re: "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 03, 2015
I smell saTANoids ...... uhhhhh !!!!!
Re: "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by shakaZuIlu: 8:02pm On Jun 03, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
TANoids can lie eh...
nwunye m kedu ije kiss
Re: "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by tamonokare: 8:03pm On Jun 03, 2015
wealthinfos:
Pls disregard this fake news. The day Buhari fails to recorganise the commonsense General, Amaechi who staked his life for his victory at all cost thats the day his trouble begins. Dazzol!

is that a threat ?
Re: "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by wealthinfos(m): 8:10pm On Jun 03, 2015
tamonokare:

is that a threat ?

its a reality bro. That he said he is for no one does not mean he'll ignore those that staked thier time, resources and life to see to his victory. There is no way the president can ignore the DG Buhari Campaign Org., no way, not now. This is fact bro
Re: "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by onatisi(m): 8:21pm On Jun 03, 2015
I have said it several times,buhari will disappoint south west apc , and the north will take over apc with atiku spearheading all moves. The north will never follow tinubu around like an ileya ram. The south east and south south will control pdp and maintain their strong grip on their states while another oppostion party in the south west will tackle tinubu and co .

3 Likes

Re: "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by ishaq062(m): 8:35pm On Jun 03, 2015
hello fellow nairalanders. please I realy nid ur help as regards to this organization { Doreo partners} cos I got this message frm them Dear Applicant, Thank you for making the time to take our aptitude tests. We are pleased to inform you that you will be proceeding to the next round of our recruitment process. We will notify you soon of the next steps. Best Regards, Doreo Team Development. pls I want to knw their take home and wot av u. thanks and pls op fp for immediate contribution
Re: "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by ProfessorPeter(m): 8:52pm On Jun 03, 2015
SeverusSnape:
until the ministerial list is out, i wont believe that story
Re: "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by superstar1(m): 8:56pm On Jun 03, 2015
Children of Belial and lies.

Na wa o.
Re: "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by nonaira: 9:00pm On Jun 03, 2015
This have to be first confirmed before I say what's on my mind cause the kain laugh wey dey my stomach right now after reading this article might kill me. I can't let it out unless story is confirmed first
Re: "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by kunlesufyan(m): 10:09pm On Jun 03, 2015
To succeed Pres. Buhari will just have to step on toes.. I support the move he made appointing himself minister of petroleum ...so that another deziani will not take the seat.
Re: "I Will Not Consider You For Ministerial Appointment" – Buhari Tells by wadetaw202: 10:10pm On Jun 03, 2015
No source, yet all of you are believing it. To you, it doesn't matter if the news is fake, as long as it is what you love to hear.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafra: Russian Govt Receives Letter / Biafra Brings Umuahia To Halt (photos) / Why Kill My Unarmed Brothers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.