Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,805 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

A Must Psychological Attitude To Change Before Successful Farming Business. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Must Psychological Attitude To Change Before Successful Farming Business. (1433 Views)

Goat Farming Business: Goat Farming - Rearing And Selling Made Easy / Goat Business Booms: How To Start Goat Farming Business And Start Making Money / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Must Psychological Attitude To Change Before Successful Farming Business. by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:30am On Jun 04, 2015
For those of us that have witness the changes in the era of agriculture in nigeria,i can say there has been tremedous positive positioning from what it used to be from what it is now.
I am seeing more graduates,youths venturing into the business becoming millionaires and on their way to becoming billionaires in nearest future.
Its easier now than then to make good money from agriculture than it was for our grandfathers and great grand fathers decades back.

What inspire me to write this article was becaeus of a chat meeting i had last week with one of my friend who is one of the top manager in a well known conglomerate in this country but happen to have a taste of farming during his growing up time.

His parents were peasant farmers who cultivate tobacco for the tobacco company then.

I am writing this article to let you know that not until you change your mindset about farming and see it in another dimension of wealth creation and an opportunity you need to tap into soonest, you will have little to gain and may not advise you to venture into it.
Not until you change your mindset and perspective about it.

I notice that most people are still seeing farming from the view most people saw farming decades back.
Maybe because of your past experience (at the time when farming was tedious,laborious and nothing to show for it at the end of the day in terms of monetary value) or maybe you have seen many farmers then finding it difficult to give their children proper education,good house to live in and proper food even when they are blessed with good fertile land and you have even seen very few of them becoming rich then through agriculture but i am here to inform you that if you are still in that stage,you will have to wake your mind up to see the realities and take advantage of the abundant of opportunities to create wealth agriculture presents at the moment.

As i began to sip the wine in front of me,he began to tell his story; how his brothers and sister with his father tilled about 5hectares for over a month,how tedious and hard the work is,how he always complain of backache after heavy work on the farm and so many things that made him get discouraged from farming.
He also told me how the tobacco representative assigned to buy tobacco from the community bought at a very low price compared to the cash he was given by the tobacco company to pay the farmers.
Before the tobacco company discovered, most farmers have abandoned their farms and what suppose to be a source of huge revenue for the company and for the farmers were gone.

These are some of the bad scenarios that played out during the time subjecting lots of farmers that are suppose to be richest to untold hardship and poverty; making many poor and very few rich.
My Late Grandfather who was also a cocoa farmer has a little bit of the bad experience but with little exposure and the caliber of people he worked with,he was successful.

Thank God My friend was an open minded person; he was able to be see and be convinced and hopefully he will start his own agribusiness soonest.

Things have changed rapidly over time and with the new generation of agro-preneurs,
most exposed to information,improved methods of engaging in the farming business reducing stress,taking agriculture as business,access to good markets,e.t.c

I do hear some people say "farming is strenous and hard,i can't soil my hand with dirt"

People! the time is now for you to wake up and embrace this opportunity now before its late.

Change your thinking and your life and business will forever be changed.

1 Like

Re: A Must Psychological Attitude To Change Before Successful Farming Business. by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:30am On Jun 04, 2015
Do plantain...it pays.

For any questions or you need professional guidance,do not hesitate to post it here
you can also call or mail.me.

1 Like

Re: A Must Psychological Attitude To Change Before Successful Farming Business. by date1816: 11:43pm On Jun 08, 2015
So inspiring!!!, I graduated 6 years ago and gladly got employed at the organization that I did my NYSC, as a student of Business Administration, I studied the environment and the working conditions which was highly insecured, jobwise. I decided to look for failsafe alternatives.

I was listening to a radio program when I heard the economic opportunity that abounds in Moringa Oleifera farming business. I decided to give it a go.
I immediately obtained a land, organized labor and purchased seeds for the cultivation, the seeds have been sown since last year and the trees have started growing very well.

However, due to the demanding nature of my job, the project was not giving the appropriate attention it deserves in terms of sales & marketing whole effort was focused on farm management.

To cut the long story short in May this year the company decided on our appointments due to redundancy exercise it was conducting.

Now my focus is on how can I make the best of my investment especially with the situation staring at me in the face.

Find attached pictures of the farm as at last month.

Your sincere advise will be appreciated.thank you.

Re: A Must Psychological Attitude To Change Before Successful Farming Business. by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:00am On Jun 10, 2015
date1816:
So inspiring!!!, I graduated 6 years ago and gladly got employed at the organization that I did my NYSC, as a student of Business Administration, I studied the environment and the working conditions which was highly insecured, jobwise. I decided to look for failsafe alternatives.

I was listening to a radio program when I heard the economic opportunity that abounds in Moringa Oleifera farming business. I decided to give it a go.
I immediately obtained a land, organized labor and purchased seeds for the cultivation, the seeds have been sown since last year and the trees have started growing very well.

However, due to the demanding nature of my job, the project was not giving the appropriate attention it deserves in terms of sales & marketing whole effort was focused on farm management.

To cut the long story short in May this year the company decided on our appointments due to redundancy exercise it was conducting.

Now my focus is on how can I make the best of my investment especially with the situation staring at me in the face.

Find attached pictures of the farm as at last month.

Your sincere advise will be appreciated.thank you.
You can call me on 08092034147,or mail me or WhatsApp me on 08164628081
Re: A Must Psychological Attitude To Change Before Successful Farming Business. by date1816: 6:46am On Jun 10, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:

You can call me on 08092034147,or mail me or WhatsApp me on 08164628081
Ok thanks.
Re: A Must Psychological Attitude To Change Before Successful Farming Business. by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:48am On Jun 10, 2015
date1816:

Ok thanks.
You are welcome.
Re: A Must Psychological Attitude To Change Before Successful Farming Business. by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:10am On Jun 12, 2015
Agribusiness is the way to prosperity in Nigeria
Venture into it.
Re: A Must Psychological Attitude To Change Before Successful Farming Business. by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:56am On Jun 18, 2015
Break past the limit to your success
Do agribusiness....it pays
Re: A Must Psychological Attitude To Change Before Successful Farming Business. by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:49pm On Jun 19, 2015
Change your mindset!!!
Re: A Must Psychological Attitude To Change Before Successful Farming Business. by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:38am On Jun 20, 2015
cheesy
Re: A Must Psychological Attitude To Change Before Successful Farming Business. by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:13pm On Jun 21, 2015
You win in your mind first before you can win in reality
Change your mindset.
Re: A Must Psychological Attitude To Change Before Successful Farming Business. by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:37pm On Jun 21, 2015
Get involved in the agric revolution
Agribusiness is lucrative
Re: A Must Psychological Attitude To Change Before Successful Farming Business. by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:45am On Jun 22, 2015
smiley
Re: A Must Psychological Attitude To Change Before Successful Farming Business. by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:34pm On Jun 22, 2015
cheesy
Re: A Must Psychological Attitude To Change Before Successful Farming Business. by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:56am On Jun 23, 2015
Good morning people!
Re: A Must Psychological Attitude To Change Before Successful Farming Business. by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:50pm On Jun 23, 2015
smiley
Re: A Must Psychological Attitude To Change Before Successful Farming Business. by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:26am On Jun 24, 2015
Keep doing,keep working and success will knock at your door
Re: A Must Psychological Attitude To Change Before Successful Farming Business. by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:55pm On Jun 24, 2015
Think outside the box
Be innovative
Re: A Must Psychological Attitude To Change Before Successful Farming Business. by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:15am On Jun 25, 2015
Good morning!!!
Re: A Must Psychological Attitude To Change Before Successful Farming Business. by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:26am On Jun 26, 2015
You can get it right in agribusiness
Talk to me and I will take you step by step on how to succeed in this business
Re: A Must Psychological Attitude To Change Before Successful Farming Business. by ishoyemomooba: 7:57pm On Nov 14, 2015
Bros,more grease to your elbow. I have 5plots of land at Ibadan but right now am not financially buoyant.is there any help you can render for me on that land concerning farm management you said you are offered. Your response will be highly appreciated.

(1) (Reply)

Mushroom Spawn / Downy Mildew On My Watermelon Farm / I Want To Start Snail Farming In Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.