Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides (27791 Views)

Saraki And Ekweremadu Leave Court After Meeting Bail Conditions / SENATE PRESIDENCY PDP Positions Mark, Ekweremadu, Akpabio / President Buhari Leaves Mosque Without Convoy Or Sirens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides by gateleo(m): 7:07am On Jun 05, 2015
FOLLOWING the valedictory session marking end of the 7th Senate, outgoing Senate President, David Mark and his deputy, Ike Ekweremadu, yesterday evening left the premises of the National Assembly without the usual convoy of vehicles.

Also, the two principal officers of the Red Chamber were seen leaving the premises without their usual retinue of aides. Instead, among the several vehicles in their convoys, only a handful of three cars, believed to be their personal cars, followed them outside.

The siren blaring vehicles and motorbikes, usually in their convoys, which were missing as they drove out separately, caught the attention of not just some legislative staff but some of the National Assembly workers who watched as they were moving out, after the formal closing of the legislature.

Both senators who have been in the Senate for over 10 years, were re-elected in the 2015 general elections to represent Benue South and Enugu West senatorial districts respectively in the 8th Senate, expected to begin session Tuesday, after formal inauguration.
But their chances of retaining their previous positions, which they have held in previous 6th and 7th Senate, became untenable, following the colossal loss of their party, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, to the opposition All Progressives Congress, APC, at the general election.

As the inauguration is being awaited, the PDP senators who will be at the Red Chamber are 49 while their APC counterparts are 59 even as they lost one senator, Ahmad Zannah, who was elected on their party’s platform.

Mark and Ekweremadu have used their leadership qualities to stabilize not only the Senate but also the National Assembly in general, which was reputed for having leadership crises resulting in serial impeachment of principal officers.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/mark-ekweremadu-leave-nass-premises-without-convoy-aides/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides by missbehave247(m): 7:18am On Jun 05, 2015
Change is here all thanks to PMB

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides by 9jii(m): 7:19am On Jun 05, 2015
Changed
Re: Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides by wordcat(m): 7:32am On Jun 05, 2015
Non of my business
Re: Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 7:36am On Jun 05, 2015
I wonder what kind of news makes the headlines these days. How does this affect the common man? Crap journalism!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides by Nobody: 7:47am On Jun 05, 2015
''Both senators who have been in the Senate for over 10
years, were re-elected in the 2015 general elections to.....''

Over 10 years!! This people are just too greedy for power. We've had the same people in power for 10 years now....and we wonder why we aren't moving forward undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides by Nobody: 7:51am On Jun 05, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

10 years!! This people are just too greedy for power. We've had the same people in power for 10 years now....and we wonder why we aren't moving forward undecided

Good morning, dear!

I certainly do not have much a qualm whether these lazy folks have spent 10 or so years in the NASS.

My problem is that these animals haven't passed any bill that has direct, positive impacts on the lives of the Nigeria masses.

I think they should be grateful to God for having equally daft and docile masses! !!

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides by tyson99(m): 7:58am On Jun 05, 2015
David mark's case makes me remember an adage dat says
Iyalode ibadan is a floor member in londongrin
Now he's coming back to be d one shouting ayes and Nils
Re: Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides by Nobody: 8:00am On Jun 05, 2015
dearpreye:

Good morning, dear!

I certainly do not have much a qualm whether these lazy folks have spent 10 or so years in the NASS.

My problem is that these animals haven't passed any bill that has direct, positive impacts on the lives of the Nigeria masses.

I think they should be grateful to having equally daft and docile masses! !!

morning hun

I also don't have problems with it but after 10years what do you have to show for it? The most annoying one is that david mark fellow...his state is nothing to write home about....

Hmm but the thing is Nigerians are more informed than they used to be....still a little 'docile' yes,but I think we're getting there
Re: Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 05, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

morning hun

I also don't have problems with it but after 10years what do you have to show for it? The most annoying one is that david mark fellow...his state is nothing to write home about....

Hmm but the thing is Nigerians are more informed than they used to be....still a little 'docile' yes,but I think we're getting there

David Mark is failure personified! There's absolutely NOTHING to show for at his place for all these years he's been in the useless senate. ...

Baby, I'm so angry at these old goats!

3 Likes

Re: Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides by Ayomidegbenga1(m): 8:11am On Jun 05, 2015
tyson99:
David mark's case makes me remember an adage dat says

Iyalode ibadan is a floor member in londongrin

Now he's coming back to be d one shouting ayes and Nils

hahahaha.....

1 Like

Re: Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 05, 2015
dearpreye:

David Mark is failure personified! There's absolutely NOTHING to show for at his place for all these years he's been in the useless senate. ...

Baby, I'm so angry at these old goats!

I tell you....David mark should be publicly flogged.I remember seeing benue teaching hospital or so on here....my head spinned at the sight....to think there was a governor there all that time and a senate president from the same state

I feel your pain dear.....do you always notice how empty the seats are during their sessions? cheesy...and they get paid

Nigeria is just a funny country

1 Like

Re: Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides by Ariyke: 8:28am On Jun 05, 2015
Nothing lasts forever

1 Like

Re: Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides by idupaul: 8:31am On Jun 05, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

10 years!! This people are just too greedy for power. We've had the same people in power for 10 years now....and we wonder why we aren't moving forward undecided

Mark has been there for 16 years .
Re: Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 05, 2015
SarahBabyxx:

I tell you....David mark should be publicly flogged.I remember seeing benue teaching hospital or so on here....my head spinned at the sight....to think there was a governor there all that time and a senate president from the same state

I feel your pain dear.....do you always notice how empty the seats are during their sessions? cheesy...and they get paid

Nigeria is just a funny country

Very funny indeed!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 05, 2015
idupaul:

Mark has been there for 16 years .

I know....it says 'over ten years'
Re: Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides by CR77(f): 9:54am On Jun 05, 2015
I don't CARE
Re: Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides by coldsummer: 9:54am On Jun 05, 2015
i am waiting for people to come here and say Mark and Ekweremadu are 'HEROES' considering they left NASS premises at the expiration of their tenure.(they way they sing GEJ the hero after he lost the general election and conceded defeat).

Sen. Ekweremadu, congratulations. you represented your constituency. if not for anything else, as at february 2015, you attracted billions of naira federal projects to your people. May God open more doors for you.

Mark your punishment will cover you and your children's children. not a single constituency development project to your constituency. last night i got a call that Eyum memorial that is suppose to be a rehab centres for drug addicts and prostitutes and a help center for widows and orphans, your daughter converted it to a personal project and now uses it for bakery. your punishment starts now... glad they came last night to put it under lock and key. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides by xmileeasy: 9:54am On Jun 05, 2015
Surely there is an end
Re: Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides by makzeze: 9:56am On Jun 05, 2015
NO CONDITION IS PERMANENT.

THEY CAME WITHOUT CONVOY AND THEY LEFT WITHOUT CONVOY.

1 Like

Re: Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides by denyman: 9:56am On Jun 05, 2015
i still dont understand why mark was voted for again?
[img]http://3.bp..com/-Nb1g_agxnp0/VXF-EBRjJNI/AAAAAAAACcM/D4PAmbtnAzk/s1600/sount.jpg[/img]
Re: Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides by ennysuccess(m): 9:58am On Jun 05, 2015
9ja afta all d convoy disturbance in d past
Re: Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 05, 2015
That's how they treat pdp officials. Nice work mr. Apc
Re: Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides by Dotmanroy(m): 9:58am On Jun 05, 2015
How time flies... Legacy will speak
Re: Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides by Pavore9: 9:58am On Jun 05, 2015
Hmm..Power is transient.
Re: Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides by richidinho(m): 9:58am On Jun 05, 2015
Nansen.se

As if they were born wt it
Re: Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides by Segadem(m): 9:59am On Jun 05, 2015
and so?
Re: Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides by Segadem(m): 10:00am On Jun 05, 2015
makzeze:
NO CONDITION IS PERMANENT.
THEY CAME WITHOUT CONVOY AND THEY ARE LEAVING WITHOUT CONVOY.
Gbam
Re: Mark, Ekweremadu Leave NASS Premises Without Convoy, Aides by enesty77(m): 10:00am On Jun 05, 2015
All the best for dem.. So long as am concerned, this country will be gr8 cos change has come to stay.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Fayemi’s Victory Shows Nigerians Are Happy With Buhari" – Lai Mohammed / UN Withdraws Claim That 110 Farmers Died In Borno Boko Haram Attack / Supreme Court Upholds Use Of Hijab In Lagos Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.