Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,969 members, 7,845,127 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Mikel Applies For British Citizenship - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Applies For British Citizenship (8326 Views)

Mikel Obi Becomes British Citizen / Boy, 9, Applies For The Bolton Manager's Job / Belgian Coach Applies For Eagles Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by IBEXY(m): 11:34am On Feb 20, 2009
They will grant it to him kia kia. Did you think for one second they will let him go with all the cash he made off them? Visa refusal no reach where £££millions dey o.
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by PurestBoy(m): 11:53am On Feb 20, 2009
dayokanu:

Who the guy for bench? Carrick, Hargreaves, Gerrard, Scholes, Barry or whom Unless na the female team he wan play for

Even the females team, I can't guarantee him a place there, maybe their disable team
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by fesse(f): 12:34pm On Feb 20, 2009
They will grant it to him kia kia. Did you think for one second they will let him go with all the cash he made off them? Visa refusal no reach where £££millions dey o.

do you think that place is naija where anything goes. They might find another means of collecting back their money from him. what mikel needs now is education or nothing
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by amaikama(m): 1:01pm On Feb 20, 2009
Whatever the case maby be, it still better than this hell you call country abi?
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by FBS: 1:36pm On Feb 20, 2009
Forget all that one jare, See una wey wan kill am with curse na una find VISA pass.
@okija, so what exactly is your point?

@All, you guys should leave the bobo alone. Is it none of our business if he is applying for a passport or not. Did he ask any of you for money? where is all these bad belle coming from? na wa oooo.
Let the boy be.
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by ladej(m): 1:43pm On Feb 20, 2009
FBS yet again you have impressed me with your thought process. let him be. a lot of posters here in the UK do not realise how highly valued Mikel is to the british economy. how much are they contributing tax wise, patapata it cant pass 20k pounds a year! and Mikel is on 40 grand or thereabouts a week! so how can you expect his immigration criteria to be the same as you when you are contributing peanuts tax wise and you probably came as a student. footballers are of different class, and THEIR SALARIES REFLECT THIS. leave the guy alone. cheesy
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by debosky(m): 1:53pm On Feb 20, 2009
ladej:

FBS yet again you have impressed me with your thought process. let him be.[b] a lot of posters here in the UK do not realise how highly valued Mikel is to the british economy. how much are they contributing tax wise, patapata it cant pass 20k pounds a year! [/b]and Mikel is on 40 grand or thereabouts a week! so how can you expect his immigration criteria to be the same as you when you are contributing peanuts tax wise and you probably came as a student. footballers are of different class, and THEIR SALARIES REFLECT THIS. leave the guy alone. cheesy
Abeg spare us the stories. Is the the only player getting paid money? Please speak about what you know. If you like pay 10m as tax, it doesn't get your British Citizenship. Al Fayed pays more than 10 Mikels combined in tax but still can't get pali, so what are you going on about? Important my foot.

Adebayor is getting paid 80k and paying more tax than Mikel, why dem never give am citizenship?? What about Drogba at the same Chelski? Is he not making more money and paying more tax?

Make una bring another story jare.

No one is condemning Mikel, but if any wuruwuru agent has collected money from him claiming he is 'applying' for citizenship, then the boy don lost.
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by insight04: 1:59pm On Feb 20, 2009
@Akolawole,

His advisers must have misled him.
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by FBS: 2:11pm On Feb 20, 2009
The point is, it is none of our business whether Mikel or Ade pays less tax  or more tax. I dont even know why this is a hot topic. Na today people they apply for british pali? Are we the ones to make the decision? why are some people drinking panadol for the guys headache?
pips should mind their own damn business.
ladej:

FBS yet again you have impressed me with your thought process. let him be. a lot of posters here in the UK do not realise how highly valued Mikel is to the british economy. how much are they contributing tax wise, patapata it cant pass 20k pounds a year! and Mikel is on 40 grand or thereabouts a week! so how can you expect his immigration criteria to be the same as you when you are contributing peanuts tax wise and you probably came as a student. footballers are of different class, and THEIR SALARIES REFLECT THIS. leave the guy alone. cheesy
@ladej
Mucho Thanks for the support cheesy and I can assure you that most of them dont even pay tax. That 20k you mentioned is mad money for some people and yet you see them complaining about Mikel actions.
So back to the point, and you are very correct, folks should leave the guy alone.

Though a point to note: if indeed he has no working visa etc how comes he is working in the uk? and where the heck are his agent(s).
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by debosky(m): 2:11pm On Feb 20, 2009
Work Permits are not issued in passports so what exactly are you saying here?
He has to have a work permit to earn wages legally from Chelsea FC, unless you are saying he is in the UK illegally.
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by Sauron1: 2:20pm On Feb 20, 2009
debosky:

Abeg spare us the stories. Is the the only player getting paid money? Please speak about what you know. If you like pay 10m as tax, it doesn't get your British Citizenship. Al Fayed pays more than 10 Mikels combined in tax but still can't get pali, so what are you going on about? Important my foot.

That is political, Debosky.
If you have investments worth 500K pounds in the UK, you can apply for a British passport(it's not automatic cos factors like criminal records would come into play). Al-Fayed is hated in this country because of the saga of his son and Lady Di.

Adebayor is getting paid 80k and paying more tax than Mikel, why dem never give am citizenship?? What about Drogba at the same Chelski? Is he not making more money and paying more tax?

He has to apply first, isn't it??

No one is condemning Mikel, but if any wuruwuru agent has collected money from him claiming he is 'applying' for citizenship, then the boy don lost.

I doubt the credibility of this story.
Firstly, he is not yet ripe to apply for ILR(never mind naturalisation).
Mikel came to England some coupla years ago so this story has more flaws and we shouldn't pay attention to it.
Where is the source sef??
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by Akolawole(m): 2:42pm On Feb 20, 2009
debosky:

Work Permits are not issued in passports so what exactly are you saying here?
He has to have a work permit to earn wages, unless you are saying he is in the UK illegally.

## On another note, work permit is different from visa. Chelsea FC will process his work permit. If successful, he will now apply to home office to stay in the country based on the given work permit which may be refused.

Seun Osewa employ Mukina from Freetown. Seun applied to Nigeria's department of works to grant Muki a work permit, which was given. It is now up to Nigeria's immigration service to endorse visa into Muki's passport to enable her stay in Nigeria.
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by BOSS7: 2:53pm On Feb 20, 2009
PurestBoy:

Even the females team, I can't guarantee him a place there, maybe their disable team
chei!!! People dey wicked sha. Why disabled now?
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by Ibime(m): 2:58pm On Feb 20, 2009
Why should Mikel not apply for British Passport? British passport can take you anywhere you want to go, unlike Naija passport. As I dey like this sef, I no get Naija passport cos it's worthless.

ALL FOOTBALLERS get red pali after 5 years. Almunia and Mikel Arteta are soon to receive theirs.

Mikel has now been here three and a half years. (Remember work permit was granted for his Man Utd move)

1.5 years to go.

@Chamo, I believe Yakubu married a Portuguese chick and they gave him right of residency or conditional citizenship or something. They must be divorced, hence Everton had to apply for Work Permit for him.
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by Akolawole(m): 3:03pm On Feb 20, 2009
~Sauron~:

That is political, Debo
If you have investments worth 500K pounds in the UK, you can apply for a British passport(it's not automatic cos factors like criminal records would come into play). Al-Fayed is hated in this country because of the saga of his son and Lady Di.

1) We all knew Alfayed can never be given. He is more than qualify. All his brothers were given.

2) You are very wrong.

There's investor's visa, which require a disposable £1m / £2m plus £1m in loan to qualify. Even with this, applicant cannot qualify for ILR let alone British passport.
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by ladej(m): 3:11pm On Feb 20, 2009

@debosky. no hs not the only player getting money but most of the other players are EU nationals already mate. al fayed didnt get pali because of what went down with the diana fiasco, even before that he was always criticising the government. that was why he was refused. hes however a swiss national grin. as for adebayor and droba perhaps they dont need it. remember drogba was playing in france for a few years and probably has a french passport. hes been there since the age of 11. as for adebayor i dont know his status. all im saying is leave him alone. its none of our business.
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by Akolawole(m): 3:31pm On Feb 20, 2009
Ibime:

Why should Mikel not apply for British Passport? British passport can take you anywhere you want to go, unlike Naija passport. As I dey like this sef, I no get Naija passport cos it's worthless.

ALL FOOTBALLERS get red pali after 5 years. Almunia and Mikel Arteta are soon to receive theirs.

Mikel has now been here three and a half years. (Remember work permit was granted for his Man Utd move)

1.5 years to go.

@Chamo, I believe Yakubu married a Portuguese chick and they gave him right of residency or conditional citizenship or something. They must be divorced, hence Everton had to apply for Work Permit for him.
Shut ya trap there grin You are naive in UK immigration stuff

I will refer you to Funke or Pataki to lecture you on basic stuff on UK immigration grin

NOT all footballers get red passport after 5 years.

All footballers from EEC countries CAN APPLY to get british passport after 5 years. But footballers who are Visa nationals(e.g Mikel, Essien, Drogba) has to apply for ILR after 5 years before applying for Red passport.

You must be free from immigration rule for one year before applying for British nationality makin it 6 years.
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by Sauron1: 3:32pm On Feb 20, 2009
Akolawole:

2) You are very wrong.

There's investor's visa, which require a disposable £1m / £2m plus £1m in loan to qualify. Even with this, applicant cannot qualify for ILR let alone British passport.

Akolawole, you are wrong.
There's investor's visa which you have highlighted above and there is Entrepreneur visa which only requires a minimum of 200,000 pounds to start a proposed business. If an applicant satisfies all other conditions like learning English language and taking a share in the business liabilities, he will be granted ILR after 5 years(provided he is still running the business). After his ILR, he may advance and get a British passport.
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by Akolawole(m): 3:44pm On Feb 20, 2009
~Sauron~:

Akolawole, you are wrong.
There's investor's visa which you have highlighted above and there is Entrepreneur visa which only requires a minimum of 200,000 pounds to start a proposed business. If an applicant satisfies all other conditions like learning English language and taking a share in the business liabilities, he will be granted ILR after 5 years(provided he is still running the business). After his ILR, he may advance and get a British passport.

Remove your spec, where am i wrong. Remember you said an investment of £500k enable british passport.

~Sauron~:

That is political, Debosky.
[size=14pt]If you have investments worth 500K pounds in the UK, you can apply for a British passport(it's not automatic cos factors like criminal records would [/size]come into play). Al-Fayed is hated in this country because of the saga of his son and Lady Di.
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by chidichris(m): 3:59pm On Feb 20, 2009
Looks like we might eventually lose one of our stars again.

B.O.S.S,
i feel like crying.

@wise people of nairaland,
applying for british passport has nothing to do with playing with english national team. for wearing the supper eagles jersy in a match and playing for the nigerian national side, he can't play for any other national side.

it is important he gets the passport because the europen countries are working on laws tht will force clubs to play a new of foriegn players in a particular match so if mikel has the british p, he will be used as a british player in any club in england.

the problems of most nigerians have to do with envy and jealousy. because it has to do with mikel, many of us here are so much in haste to criticise him that they expose the height of their ignorance - too bad.

it is important we all know that mikel is a blessed child and many intellectuals are working for him.
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by Sauron1: 4:20pm On Feb 20, 2009
Akolawole:

Remove your spec, where am i wrong. Remember you said an investment of £500k enable british passport.

When we(Ibime and I) say that. . . . .we are looking at it on the LONG RUN.
Of course, ILR has to come first but on the long run, British Passport will materialise, geddit??
Even if Mikel is on a visitor's visa as stated by INSIGHT. . . .All he needs is 200K to open a state of the art cybercafe in Peckham. grin grin
After 5 years, he would get his ILR which would afford him the opportunity to apply for a Brit Passport.

Omo, dont argue with me here because i make money from something relating to all these.

Make money from information you can call the home office and enquire about??
The people who pay you such money must be sub-literate. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by Akolawole(m): 4:43pm On Feb 20, 2009
~Sauron~:

1) [b]When we(Ibime and I) say that. . . . .we are looking at it on the LONG RUN.[/b]Of course, ILR has to come first but on the long run, British Passport will materialise, geddit??
Even if Mikel is on a visitor's visa as stated by INSIGHT. . . .All he needs is 200K to open a state of the art cybercafe in Peckham. grin grin
After 5 years, he would get his ILR which would afford him the opportunity to apply for a Brit Passport.

2) Make money from information you can call the home office and enquire about??
The people who pay you such money must be sub-literate. grin grin grin grin grin

1) Another escape root grin Dayo, where are you?

2) You think, HO will explain things for ya. You must be joking. , " Come onto me boy, grin

Give me customers from ya village grin
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by Akolawole(m): 4:49pm On Feb 20, 2009
chidichris:

@wise people of nairaland,
applying for british passport has nothing to do with playing with english national team. for wearing the supper eagles jersy in a match and playing for the nigerian national side, he can't play for any other national side.

it is important he gets the passport because the europen countries are working on laws tht will force clubs to play a new of foriegn players in a particular match so if mikel has the british p, he will be used as a british player in any club in england.

the problems of most nigerians have to do with envy and jealousy. because it has to do with mikel, many of us here are so much in haste to criticise him that they expose the height of their ignorance - too bad.

it is important we all know that mikel is a blessed child and many intellectuals are working for him.

Mr Man,

Do you know of anyone who has contributed on this page that was jealous and envious of Mikel?
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by Sauron1: 4:59pm On Feb 20, 2009
Blah!
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by Ibime(m): 5:06pm On Feb 20, 2009
Why una dey call my name for here? I don't know anything about Visa application process. I was born British. cool
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by Sauron1: 5:08pm On Feb 20, 2009
Ibime:

I was born British. cool

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarap there, you are not one of us!!! grin cheesy
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by md4real(m): 7:09pm On Feb 20, 2009
i dont blame him at all. prepare for life after football and enjoy tax cut just like other british nationale. i hope people will not start shouting patrotism?
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by mjay(m): 8:06pm On Feb 20, 2009
IMO,  i dont know what the criteria is -maybe i'm not interested either, except for enlightenment purposes- but i would have thought that someone in his shoes would have advisers who know the requirements for things like these, and if they know he does not stand a chance, they would have advised him to that effect. Good luck in his quest.
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by switch47(m): 9:13pm On Feb 20, 2009
CHELSEA IS DOOMED!! THAT IS ENUFF EXCITEMENT----CHELSEA IS FALLING THAT IS ENUFF FUN---CHELSEA IS BEING KILLED---AND BURIED--------LAST BURIAL HOME AND AWAY BY JUVENTUS!!! CHELSEA IS FINISH -----SEEING CHELSEA LOSE OR DROP POITS IS FUN!! JUVENTUS GO WOUND CHELSEA------------------------THAT IS FOR SURE.
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by presido1: 9:33pm On Feb 20, 2009
Ibime EEC citizens don't need to work for 5 yrs before getting British pali. As EEC you get your pali if u want after being in UK for 3 yrs. Again u must be free from any criminal act.

If getting it is that easy Kanu and co could have gotten it many many yrs ago. Why do u think Kanu refused to go to Ajax on a long term contract instead he chose to play on one yr renewable contract from WBA to Pompy. He is inderectly waiting for his time to become Brit.

As for Yak he is still on working permit, he did not marry any portugizza. If he did he should have gotten 5 yrs residency which will allow him to play for any club in UK without going through HO as he did when he moved to Everton.
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by Gamine(f): 9:41pm On Feb 20, 2009
Whose Business really undecided
Re: Mikel Applies For British Citizenship by Akolawole(m): 2:12am On Feb 21, 2009
presido1:

1) Ibime[b] EEC citizens don't need to work for 5 yrs before getting British pali[/b]. As EEC you get your pali if u want after being in UK for 3 yrs. Again u must be free from any criminal act.

2) If getting it is that easy Kanu and co could have gotten it many many yrs ago. Why do u think Kanu refused to go to Ajax on a long term contract instead he chose to play on one yr renewable contract from WBA to Pompy. He is inderectly waiting for his time to become Brit.

Are these opinion or facts?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Enyimba Vs Warri Wolves Federation Cup Final 2013 Match Pictures: / Nigeria Defeats Zambia 1-0 (Under 17 African Nations Cup) / Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Vs Chile: 15th Of July

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.