Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers (31921 Views)

How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence / FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers by ayusco85(m): 6:59pm On Jun 05, 2015
Papasmal:

Correct...na so e be gangan

Yes na. I ve even done international drivers license for somone living abroad
Re: Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers by ayusco85(m): 7:00pm On Jun 05, 2015
SAVEDBABA:
even for first timer

yes na. wats so special abt been a first timer?
Re: Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 05, 2015
Haaaaaaaaaa! U are on point
ayusco85:
Not in this country o.

Here are the steps;

Step 1
Go to any road safety office, tell dem u want to do drivers license, they will tell u 11000.

Step 2
Pay the 11000 cash

Step 3
They will get ur data and capture ur picture and biometrics

Step 4
They give u temporary drivers license

Step 5
U wait until God knows wen for the original drivers license

1 Like

Re: Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers by JayJustus(m): 7:02pm On Jun 05, 2015
my mums brother is an an officer at the headquarters in abuja... I got mine in one week...OP all your steps = shoro niyen
Re: Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers by adedayourt(m): 7:13pm On Jun 05, 2015
ayusco85:
Not in this country o.

Here are the steps;

Step 1
Go to any road safety office, tell dem u want to do drivers license, they will tell u 11000.

Step 2
Pay the 11000 cash

Step 3

Step 4

Step 5

as simple as dat
Re: Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers by lordprosh(m): 7:17pm On Jun 05, 2015
leftyansh:

and the bank didn't reject it when i used it for western union?
The bank can't verify it.. Even lastma can't .. Only VIO nd FRSC can... The original goes for 15k.. Blv m am talking from experience...
My uncle paid 10k for it nd was gvn fake.. He was stoped nd he presented it only for the VIO guys to take a good look @ it nd verified it with dia computer nd saw it was fake.. Bro eno funni oo..
Same tin happnd to m dad's friend he spent ove 50k dat day
Re: Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers by leftyansh: 7:23pm On Jun 05, 2015
lordprosh:

The bank can't verify it.. Even lastma can't .. Only VIO nd FRSC can... The original goes for 15k.. Blv m am talking from experience...
My uncle paid 10k for it nd was gvn fake.. He was stoped nd he presented it only for the VIO guys to take a good look @ it nd verified it with dia computer nd saw it was fake.. Bro eno funni oo..
Same tin happnd to m dad's friend he spent ove 50k dat day

Time to destroy it... You just scared me
Re: Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers by pedro4hope(m): 7:51pm On Jun 05, 2015
leftyansh:
educative tongue tongue

But on a more serious note, i got mine for just 5k without knowing how to drive
Seriously?
But sha na naija we dey even the blind,handicap and disable men get licence to drive

2 Likes

Re: Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers by notoriousbabe: 7:52pm On Jun 05, 2015
opirieru:

why must it take 60days?
its not 60 days jare,its 600 years

1 Like

Re: Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers by Richmond996: 7:52pm On Jun 05, 2015
ayusco85:
Not in this country o.

Here are the steps;

Step 1

Step 2
Pay the 11000 cash

Step 3

Step 4

Step 5

1k likes [center][/center]
Re: Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers by Richhard(m): 8:02pm On Jun 05, 2015
leftyansh:
educative tongue tongue

how bro?
Re: Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers by tdayof(m): 8:03pm On Jun 05, 2015
JayJustus:
my mums brother is an an officer at the headquarters in abuja... I got mine in one week...OP all your steps = shoro niyen
one week ? What ppl get in 2-3days

1 Like

Re: Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers by lordprosh(m): 8:34pm On Jun 05, 2015
leftyansh:

Time to destroy it... You just scared me
LoL.. Try getting d original

1 Like

Re: Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers by Icon4s(m): 9:11pm On Jun 05, 2015
leftyansh:

Have been to their office twice this year and they keep saying there is no network............ so lemme kukuma continu to rock my "fake" D.L

Make FRSC no catch u sha.

2 Likes

Re: Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers by JayJustus(m): 9:16pm On Jun 05, 2015
tdayof:
one week ? What ppl get in 2-3days
still included shipping to Lagos too hian
Re: Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers by crystalzoe: 9:23pm On Jun 05, 2015
leftyansh:
educative tongue tongue

pls can I get d number of d person dat got urs for u? I really need one and don't have time to go to their office
Re: Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers by seangy4konji: 10:06pm On Jun 05, 2015
If you are still sitting down you are on a long thing...

I see u later be that when i leave you for that licence office.
Re: Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers by henrystids(m): 10:07pm On Jun 05, 2015
Re: Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers by shegzy23: 10:17pm On Jun 05, 2015
i got my own 13k after six month in lagos at eti osa
Re: Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers by tdayof(m): 12:17am On Jun 06, 2015
JayJustus:

still included shipping to Lagos too hian
shoro niyen grin grin grin grin
Re: Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers by Onegai(f): 5:35am On Jun 06, 2015
How funny. Almost everyone on this thread is giving advice on how to bribe or how to contact them (so they can be "sorted" out for getting a licence and jumping queues and not learning the laws of driving, because to the average Nigerian, it is "inconvenient" to do things the right way, no matter how broken the system is. Then one day, a loved one or a friend will be involved in a vehicle accident and everyone will start praying that "May it not happen to someone i know/myself". Later on, we will complain about accidents, bad drivers, Nigerian impatience and the funniest aspect, a government that doesn't work and is corrupt.

I can't even laugh about the irony.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers by jaytee01(m): 9:25am On Jun 06, 2015
StepTwo:
OP, you forgot the main step.

Even someone who cannot point to the Accelerator can get it even faster if He has enough in his back pocket.
grin

1 Like

Re: Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers by anonimi: 4:20pm On Jun 07, 2015
Onegai:
How funny. Almost everyone on this thread is giving advice on how to bribe or how to contact them (so they can be "sorted" out for getting a licence and jumping queues and not learning the laws of driving, because to the average Nigerian, it is "inconvenient" to do things the right way, no matter how broken the system is. Then one day, a loved one or a friend will be involved in a vehicle accident and everyone will start praying that "May it not happen to someone i know/myself". Later on, we will complain about accidents, bad drivers, Nigerian impatience and the funniest aspect, a government that doesn't work and is corrupt.

I can't even laugh about the irony.

Hence we often say- we only have a problem of leadership.

Why are we, 200 million of us, so stewpid
Re: Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers by Nobody: 4:11pm On Mar 03, 2016
THE ORIGINAL DRIVER'S LICENSE COST IS #15,000. AND YOU MUST PRESENT YOUR SELF FOR BIOMETRIC CAPTURING.

PROCESSING UR DRIVER'S LICENSE AND OPTAINING YOUR TEMPORARY LICENSE NOW IS POSSIBLE WITHIN 24HRS.

WHILE GETTING UR PERMANENT DRIVER'S LICENSE IS POSSIBLE WITHIN 30DAYS FROM D DATE U OBTAIN UR TEMPORARY DRIVER'S LICENSE.

IF U DON'T PRESENT UR SELF FOR BIOMETRIC CAPTURING, U CAN ONLY BE GIVEN A FAKE LICENSE.

FOR RENEWAL OF UR EXPIRED DRIVER'S LICENSE, U NEED 2 PRESENT D EXPIRED DRIVER'S LICENSE TO OUR OFFICE, WITH D LICENSE NO AND UR DATE OF BIRTH ON D LICENSE, UR FORM WILL UPLOADED AND IF DERE IS ANY CORRECTION U DESIRE 2 BE MADE ON UR INFO ON D SYSTEM, SUCH WILL BE CORRECTED.

AFTER DAT UR FORM IS PRINTED AND WE PROCEED TO MAKE PAYMENT THROUGH PAYARENA.

THEN UPROCEED 2 SEE D VIO FOR TEXTING ON UR ABILITY 2 DRIVE AND USE OF ROAD SIGN. THOUGH NOT EVERY ONE GOES THROUGH DID PROCESS.

AFTER DIS U DEN GO 4 IT BIOMETRIC CAPTURING AND AT DIS POINT, U GET UR TEMPORARY DRIVER'S LICENSE.

CONTACT NAT THROUGH CALL OR WATSAPP FOR ANY MORE INFO ON: 08030487887
Re: Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers by Fanthade(m): 11:16pm On Mar 17, 2016
Wher is their office here in ibadan
Re: Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers by pattybf(f): 9:16pm On Mar 18, 2016
sorry for u all. thankfully d process has changed.

Now, u r required to register wt an accredited driving school to get training for 26days, after which u will be sent an e-certificate from Abuja to be printed out and taken to driver license center to apply for ur driver license.

u will be spending up to 30k to get a driver license now.

i'm sure no one here knows dat yet!
Re: Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers by Nobody: 11:52pm On Mar 21, 2016
Well dis is very true as fresh driver's license now takes minimum of 26 days to be processed since u must be enrolled into one of d accredited driving schs, obtain ur certificate b4 d rest of d process which takes at least 24hrs.

Note dat dis applies only to fresh applicants and not to those 4 renewal. If u have an original but expired driver's license, all u need do is walk into any drivers license center and renew within 24hrs.

D same 4 re-issue applicants. Dis applies 2 dose dat had d original driver's license but lost it due 2 one reason or d oda. All u need to do is walk into any driver's license center, demand 4 a reissue. All u need 2 know is d name and date of birth on d lost license.
Re: Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 15, 2016
Driver's license still takes 26days to be obtained for fresh applicants but now can be obtained with 20k especially for those that already knows how to drive.

Note that this process is already working as some people's 26days has already completed and we have gotten their e-certificate from the driving sch.
Re: Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers by westreporter(m): 12:45pm On Mar 06, 2017
Please i need Drivers Licence in quick way.... Who fit help ?... i will pay

1 Like

Re: Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers by DAramis: 1:24pm On Dec 14, 2021
ayusco85:

Yes na. I ve even done international drivers license for somone living abroad

How did you go about this bro?

I have a friend who would need it but unfortunately, the person doesn't have the ordinary driving license from Nigeria.
Re: Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers by ayusco85(m): 5:36pm On Dec 14, 2021
DAramis:

How did you go about this bro?

I have a friend who would need it but unfortunately, the person doesn't have the ordinary driving license from Nigeria.

It's the international drivers license

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

17 Interesting Facts About Bulletproof Cars That Most People Might Not Know / Evolution Of BUGATTI Hypercars From 2005 To 2019 In Pictures / The 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross CUV Is A Beauty For Nigerian Roads(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.