Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,699 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:34 PM

FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence (59708 Views)

How To Obtain Nigerian Driver's Licence / Guidelines In Obtaining Driver’s Licence For First-timers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by missbehave247(m): 3:08pm On May 20, 2015
The Corps Marshal of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Mr Boboye Oyeyemi, has revealed the real cost of obtaining a driver’s licence in the country.

FRSC boss, Boboye Oyeyemi

The Nigerian Tribune reported that, Boboye, while speaking in Abuja, said the real cost of obtaining a driver’s licence from the corp was N6,350. He made the disclosure on Tuesday, at a one-day workshop organised by the commission for members of security agencies in the country on verification procedure of DL and number plates.

The FRSC boss said citizens can get their licences in licencing offices nationwide, adding that those, who gave other people money and passports to collect licences for them were doing themselves a lot of harm.

“Members of the public who give money and passport size photograph to anybody in order to collect driver’s licence are doing disservice to themselves.

“Going through third party costs more money and produces fake licence to unsuspecting applicants, which is an offence. Cost of original driver’s licence is N6,350 and the applicant must go for biometrics at any licensing office across the country to obtain
the licence.

“This is safer and costs less compared to the ones that pay third party for driver’s licence and at the end of the day, they will be apprehended for carrying fake licence, ” Boboye said.

Boboye also stated that, it was a criminal offence for anyone to carry fake drivers licence, adding that those found with fakes drivers licence will be prosecuted.

Various Nigerian have been complaining that the FRSC was charging too much to get drivers licence.

Nigerians pay as much as 15,000 to 17,000 Naira to obtain a drivers licence.

Source:-http://www.naij.com/442491-frsc-reveals-real-cost-obtaining-drivers-licence.html

Cc:lalasticlala

5 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Darkboy(m): 3:20pm On May 20, 2015
perfect I went to licensing office at Asaba (former deputy governors) office and I was told point blank to bring 14K
First to comment feels great.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Ideyontop: 3:43pm On May 20, 2015
Good

1 Like

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Patdedon(m): 3:43pm On May 20, 2015
hmm . .
but Time = money.
1hour = N8,000 (my hourly rate)
8000 x 5hours(time spent @FRSC office) = N40,000
N40,000 + N6350 = N46,350

Thank you sir but I prefer the 17k option. Nobody go stop me for road tongue

50 Likes

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 20, 2015
The Back yard runs will always be cheaper and faster.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 20, 2015
cool
Una too de waste time to produce am, that's the problem. undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by condralbede(m): 3:44pm On May 20, 2015
Ok....How long will it take to obtain

1 Like

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by uwa1(m): 3:44pm On May 20, 2015
Thank God for this information. So we all shld be properly informed.
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by kayswag100(m): 3:44pm On May 20, 2015
Lies. Is 13500 in ibadan. That is at their Onireke office. I walked into d office with Old DL that expired 2013.

Even after verifying my details online, I was told to pay 13500. (claiming they don't renew the older DLs anymore).

I was given one flimsy excuse of a Driving School Certificate and other photocopies and told to wait for SMS for physical capture.

I'm sure they know it is almost IMPOSSIBLE TO PAY N6350 @ any of their offices nation wide. #fact

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Ifetex(m): 3:45pm On May 20, 2015
Noted
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by oladimejioo: 3:45pm On May 20, 2015
What of the VIO own?
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by iornenge81(m): 3:45pm On May 20, 2015
Nigerian and black marketing ehn.
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 20, 2015
Darkboy:
perfect I went to licensing office at Asaba (former deputy governors) office and I was told point blank to bring 14K

If you had told them what @OP said, na look them go look you as "Over sabi"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by interleukin(f): 3:45pm On May 20, 2015
A friend of mine recently did it for a nearly 15k in umuahia.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Realdeals(m): 3:45pm On May 20, 2015
Change in action!

1 Like

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 20, 2015
I used wuru wuru way and got mine with 13k. Its faster that way cheesy
iornenge81:
Nigerian and black marketing ehn.

It's in our blood.

2 Likes

Wetin some dey get as low as 5k
I paid 7k

redcliff:

where did you do your and how long was it before it came out?

I did it in Umuahia. A family friend that works there helped with it, that was in 2013 though. It should expire next year... smiley
It took him 48hrs
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by redcliff: 3:46pm On May 20, 2015
This is a blatant lie. Even going through FRSC office cost 15,000. Rubbish

5 Likes

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by yomzzy(m): 3:46pm On May 20, 2015
kennygee:
The Back yard runs will always be cheaper and faster.
true tho. Its way faster cheesy
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by chyjio(m): 3:46pm On May 20, 2015
That's what they'll say in the public. But go to their office and it will be a different story entrirely. My country my country!

3 Likes

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Dcaliphate(m): 3:46pm On May 20, 2015
I got mine at N10,000

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 20, 2015
That was exactly the amount i paid the last time i went for it.

If anyone's paying more than that, they're being shortchanged!

3 Likes

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Flourish700(f): 3:46pm On May 20, 2015
Gud
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by redcliff: 3:46pm On May 20, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
I paid 7k

where did you do your and how long was it before it came out?
Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 20, 2015
redcliff:
This is a blatant lie. Even going through FRSC office cost 15,000. Rubbish

Not everywhere. It's 6350 in my place

3 Likes

Re: FRSC Reveals Real Cost Of Obtaining A Driver's Licence by ITbomb(m): 3:46pm On May 20, 2015
In Nigeria it does not apply.

But if you are willing to wait for the intentional delays, then you can get it at that price

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2015 Porsche Macan: The Cutest SUV On Nigerian Road / My Dashboard Displays "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" / Look At How Someone Converted A Mercedes Benz To A Rolls Royce (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.