Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,651 members, 7,809,459 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Going Back Home? OMG!! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Going Back Home? OMG!! (1290 Views)

Stranded Nigerians In Mali Transported In A NAF Aircraft Back Home (Photos) / Edo Girl Hustling In Russia Warns Nigerians Back Home (Video) . / Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going Back Home? OMG!! by illinois: 3:53am On Jun 06, 2015
Re: Going Back Home? OMG!! by lymelyte(m): 5:55am On Jun 06, 2015
Why is the Photo of your dat car on ur thread?
Re: Going Back Home? OMG!! by libertyfather(m): 6:19am On Jun 06, 2015
illinois:
Ooh my gosh..I kinda knew this day would come cos just got a call from my mom to discuss her desire for me to come back home! Some background to the dilemma...

** i'm 28yrs old
** single with a gf
** moved to the US in 2010 shortly after loosing my dad
** older & only son of 2 kids
** mba from US school &
** finance manager at a top 20 global company in maryland

my mom wants me to come home to run the family business at half the salary. i have a duty to myself & la familia but 9ja isn't soo attractive at the moment. WIth a new FG in place, i really think things would be better!

what comments, thoughts & suggestions can i get from my fellow nairalanders to evaluate this decision....i can provide more insight

Is this car moveable to Onisha I got a buyer for it asap and what's the price?

1 Like

Re: Going Back Home? OMG!! by alfonso36(m): 7:53am On Jun 06, 2015
Come here make I come there, trade by barter
Re: Going Back Home? OMG!! by illinois: 3:23pm On Jun 06, 2015
6.8M would deliver it to your door!...lol.....the pic is just to show that i ain't doing badly here lipsrsealed

i know alot of folks no go mind to trade places...but i THINK i can have a better impact in 9ja

libertyfather:

Is this car moveable to Onisha I got a buyer for it asap and what's the price?
Re: Going Back Home? OMG!! by Lexusgs430: 3:33pm On Jun 06, 2015
illinois:
6.8M would deliver it to your door!...lol.....the pic is just to show that i ain't doing badly here lipsrsealed

i know alot of folks no go mind to trade places...but i THINK i can have a better impact in 9ja

The picture of a car shows you are not doing badly? What planet do you live on? That car that was bought on never never, stop deceiving yourself.
Come down if u want to, would not have any impact on our lives.
Wake up from your dream and smell the coffee, people in less privileged positions in Nigeria, drive much better cars (fully paid cash).

2 Likes

Re: Going Back Home? OMG!! by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 06, 2015
illinois:

This loose/lose problem eh.
Re: Going Back Home? OMG!! by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 06, 2015
Lexusgs430:

The picture of a car shows you are not doing badly? What planet do you live on? That car that was bought on never never, stop deceiving yourself.
Come down if u want to, would not have any impact on our lives.
Wake up from your dream and smell the coffee, people in less privileged positions in Nigeria, drive much better cars (fully paid cash).
grin grin grin
Re: Going Back Home? OMG!! by tpiadotcom: 12:47am On Jun 07, 2015
Lexusgs430:

The picture of a car shows you are not doing badly?

some people sef.

that's how a certain sh______x posted a pair of sneakers during an argument with someone, to show he's not doing badly.

car is even better I guess.

1 Like

Re: Going Back Home? OMG!! by Originalsly: 1:56am On Jun 07, 2015
Hmmm....at 28...manager of a top 20 global company... and that is the car you are presenting as proof of your status?... car with damage? ....and can't you make a decision on this simple matter? If your mom business can afford to pay you half your present salary then she is doing wayyyy better than you in Nigeria. Stay in Maryland if you don't want to wreck her business.
Re: Going Back Home? OMG!! by illinois: 2:40am On Jun 07, 2015
now i have a better insight to your mind !!

Originalsly:
Hmmm....at 28...manager of a top 20 global company... and that is the car you are presenting as proof of your status?... car with damage? ....and can't you make a decision on this simple matter? If your mom business can afford to pay you half your present salary then she is doing wayyyy better than you in Nigeria. Stay in Maryland if you don't want to wreck her business.
Re: Going Back Home? OMG!! by Lexusgs430: 7:17am On Jun 07, 2015
tpiadotcom:

some people sef.

that's how a certain sh______x posted a pair of sneakers during an argument with someone, to show he's not doing badly.

car is even better I guess.

Lol. I was expecting him to post a luxury yacht, helicopter and private jet, then we know he is really rocking it!!!!
Re: Going Back Home? OMG!! by claremont(m): 7:30am On Jun 07, 2015
The car photo was totally unnecessary.

Everyone knows that in America even cleaners and dishwashers drive big cars, even though they are up to their neck in finance debt. In developed countries, cars and houses are not used as status symbols, I'm surprised that a global company manager doesn't know this.

Do a cost-benefit analysis of your prospects overseas or in Nigeria, and make your decision.

2 Likes

Re: Going Back Home? OMG!! by justwise(m): 7:47am On Jun 07, 2015
illinois:

grin grin grin grin grin grin you deleted your post? grin grin try harder next time, within 5 years in U.S, you have graduated, got a job and became a manager in top 20 global company in maryland

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Help Asap / From Nigeria To Dubai To Texas / Countries With The Highest Refusal Rates For U.S. Visas,see Nigeria's Spot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.