Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,237 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

After Web Design What Next....... - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / After Web Design What Next....... (1230 Views)

Embedded Systems Design? What About It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Web Design What Next....... by beatsbyj2g(m): 10:37am On Jun 06, 2015
Hi ... Am a young web developer new to d game and not money oriented...

I just want to your suggestions after learning web design what next can I learn that will throw me fully in to the programming world ...

I have thought of android app development n I saw java as d major language used ....

Any other advice n help will be well appriciated
Re: After Web Design What Next....... by FRInteractives: 10:47am On Jun 06, 2015
beatsbyj2g:

I just want to your suggestions after learning web design what next can I learn that will throw me fully in to the programming world ...

I have thought of android app development n I saw java as d major language used ....

try developing saas web apps (eg. nitrous.io, fiver, github, etc) using technologies like ruby on rails, coldfusion, php, etc it will help
Re: After Web Design What Next....... by FRInteractives: 10:48am On Jun 06, 2015
beatsbyj2g:

for clarity saas stands for Software as a Service
Re: After Web Design What Next....... by beatsbyj2g(m): 11:03am On Jun 06, 2015
FRInteractives:

try developing saas web apps (eg. nitrous.io, fiver, github, etc) using technologies like ruby on rails, coldfusion, php, etc it will help
Pls explain further like wat are d benefit or applications of d saas into our daily lifes
Re: After Web Design What Next....... by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 06, 2015
beatsbyj2g:

Pls explain further like wat are d benefit or applications of d saas into our daily lifes
Facebook, gmail, nairaland are all saas, figure the rest
Re: After Web Design What Next....... by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 06, 2015
beatsbyj2g:

i assume you must have learnt the client side like html, css and javascript. Now learn the server side of web programming with languages like php, python, etc
yet i will advice you to learn php since you started with web based app dev. And there are alot of php guys in nairaland to help you.
Re: After Web Design What Next....... by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 06, 2015
learn vb.net(visual studio ) for software and asp.net (windows Azure ) for Web applications and portals .I will advice you to learn how to use Android studios ,phone gap ,Intel xdk,zend laravel ,netbeans ,Eclipse. you should learn php , java , python ,c# and c++ .
Re: After Web Design What Next....... by beatsbyj2g(m): 2:40am On Jun 07, 2015
proxy23:
learn vb.net(visual studio ) for software and asp.net (windows Azure ) for Web applications and portals .I will advice you to learn how to use Android studios ,phone gap ,Intel xdk,zend laravel ,netbeans ,Eclipse. you should learn php , java , python ,c# and c++ .
thank you sir
Re: After Web Design What Next....... by beatsbyj2g(m): 2:42am On Jun 07, 2015
Jregz:

Facebook, gmail, nairaland are all saas, figure the rest
but I thought all these guys were made from normal back-end languages like Facebook designed using php
Re: After Web Design What Next....... by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 07, 2015
beatsbyj2g:
but I thought all these guys were made from normal back-end languages like Facebook designed using php

saas means software as a service .....you can use any language
Re: After Web Design What Next....... by ibietela2(m): 7:18pm On Jun 07, 2015
proxy23:

Mhen, brain will explode o
Re: After Web Design What Next....... by Jack188: 10:27am On Jun 08, 2015
delete
Re: After Web Design What Next....... by tonyalaribe: 9:14pm On Jun 08, 2015
I've been a developer for over six years, and trust me, it pays not to try everything... Instead of jumping everywhere, try to master the web development you already know. Look at www.awwwards.com and www.cssdsgn.com for inspiration. When you can design all the sites you see there perfect you, you'd have become not a professional, but a more a more than competent web designer. Then if you are still inclined to move on, you then choose a backend language and hack a way your life. Then language doesn't matter, you just have to know what you want to learn to create and then create it in your language of choice. For example create a gmail clone in your language of choice, and host it.

I'm the developer behind www.kaku.com.ng too...
Re: After Web Design What Next....... by beatsbyj2g(m): 10:51am On Jun 09, 2015
tonyalaribe:
I've been a developer for over six years, and trust me, it pays not to try everything... Instead of jumping everywhere, try to master the web development you already know. Look at www.awwwards.com and www.cssdsgn.com for inspiration. When you can design all the sites you see there perfect you, you'd have become not a professional, but a more a more than competent web designer. Then if you are still inclined to move on, you then choose a backend language and hack a way your life. Then language doesn't matter, you just have to know what you want to learn to create and then create it in your language of choice. For example create a gmail clone in your language of choice, and host it.

I'm the developer behind www.kaku.com.ng too...

I can design dose site using bootstrap .... But I checked d source code for kaku.com u didn't use bootstrap .... D site is very nice u just need more promotion

(1) (Reply)

Python E-books / PHP Script Wanted / SAVE COST ON DATA BUNDLES, Get 1gb-#600 @ www.cheapmobilesubscription.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.