Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,016 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari (29537 Views)

Corruption: Why I Refused To Declare My Assets -jonathan / Change First Before Asking For The Change We Promised - Buhari Tells Nigerians / Nigerians Will Soon See The ‘change’ I Promised– Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by DrBulalaa(m): 6:54pm On Jun 06, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari has said that in fulfilment of one of their campaign promises, his declared assets and those of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo will be released to the public upon the completion of their verification by the Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB).

His clarification will quiet critics who complained about his statement early this week that anyone who needs to see it has to request for it via an FOI request to the Code of Conduct Bureau.

The president expressed hope that the verification process by CCB will be completed before the expiry of the 100-day deadline within which he promised to declare his assets.

The Senior Special Assistant, SSA (Media and Publicity), Mal. Garba Shehu who announced this in a statement on behalf of the President on Saturday, 6 June, said “the duly completed forms by both the President and the Vice President were submitted to the CCB on March 28th, a clear day ahead of their inauguration.”

He said this statement was warranted by the need to clarify some suggestions that the President and the Vice-President may not, after all, declare their assets publicly.

“While such public display of concern is appreciated and valued, it must be said that it is a little precipitate.

“As required by law, the declaration and submission of documents to the CCB have been made, but there still remains the aspect of verification which the Bureau will have to conduct to authenticate the submissions made to it.

“In the circumstances, it is only after this verification exercise, and not before, that the declaration can be said to have been made and validated; and only after this, will the details be released to the public.

“There is no question at all that the President and the Vice President are committed to public declaration of their assets within the 100 days that they pledged during the presidential campaign.

“The President and the Vice President wish to thank Nigerians for their show of concern, and for the confidence they have shown in their leaders’ integrity, as evidenced by the high pedestal of uprightness and expectations on which they have placed them.”

http://www.thescoopng.com/no-need-for-pib-i-will-declare-my-assets-publicly-as-promised-pres-buhari/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by donsmall94(m): 6:56pm On Jun 06, 2015
Now we have a government
To all those people complaining
Baba has spoken
Assets would be declared, No going back on promise made, as all promises would be met to the later.
God bless you
God bless me
God bless PMB/PYO
God bless Nigeria.
smiley

100 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by Mogidi: 6:56pm On Jun 06, 2015
Only few days ago Garba Shehu was saying "Buhari has fulfilled his promise of publicly declaring his assets"

We may have succeeded in shaming Buhari to keep to his agreed public declaration of assets.
PEOPLE POWER, POWER TO THE PEOPLE

89 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by olasmith10(m): 6:58pm On Jun 06, 2015
when we tell dos SATnoids and Gejites that PMB greatly differ from dier clueless leader, they are always quick to delve at our neck, a character synonymous to dier captain..well, if u still need d wisdom of Solomon and d brilliance of Daniel to know dat PMB unlike GEJ, is someone whose statement can be trusted then I can only shake my head in disappointment..

146 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 06, 2015
The earlier the better, to avoid the temptation of doctoring.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 06, 2015
The Daura President should do that asap- TANoids

[Url=http://lifestyletonight..com/2015/06/silly-things-guys-do-after-they-get.html]Silly Things Guys Do After They Get Dumped By A Pretty Girl[/url]

10 Likes

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 06, 2015
Dear Daura President (3D),

When would this be?

Please, while declaring your assets publicly, do not forget to include your wife's N10m watch. Recently we were informed you owned 2 houses in Kaduna and 1 in Abuja, you never told us this, the only thing you told us was your 150 cows, bungalow in Katsina and N1m.

Furthermore, seems your boys up north are still not informed that you have been sworn in as president, call them to order and let the senseless killings and arson stop.

Your supporter,

Dr. Wise

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by midolian(m): 6:59pm On Jun 06, 2015
"A 'General' talks when he feels like talking, and not when the TANoids expectz him to" - General Olusegun Obasaanjo (2015)

Now, the President have spoken..Any1 who is still not satisfied(like the dunce up there ^^), can use the LAGOON undecided undecided

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by DrBulalaa(m): 6:59pm On Jun 06, 2015
Mogidi:
When?
Read the post.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by tbaba1234: 7:01pm On Jun 06, 2015
Mogidi:
When?
Silvofitz:
The earlier the better, to avoid the temptation of doctoring.

Read!

It will be released to the public after the verification exercise.

9 Likes

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by 9jii(m): 7:02pm On Jun 06, 2015
These TANoids are mistaking Baba gov with GEJ's where things were done without following the proper channels.

If you can't wait the lagoon is your abode.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by olasmith10(m): 7:03pm On Jun 06, 2015
Mogidi:
When?

seems d hatred campaign has made u so blind to d point of bn oblivious of contents a simple primary school pupil can decipher... anyway, scroll up and read again..u will know when..

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by DrBulalaa(m): 7:04pm On Jun 06, 2015
Mogidi:
Garba Shehu "Buhari has fulfilled his promise of publicly declaring his assets"

We may have succeeded in shaming Buhari to keep to his agreed public declaration of assets.
You Wish!

8 Likes

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by danny301: 7:04pm On Jun 06, 2015
Mogidi:

Can't' you read at all?

17 Likes

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by kowriesng(m): 7:05pm On Jun 06, 2015
Bad news for tandriods

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by kennydee05(m): 7:06pm On Jun 06, 2015
Buhari is the best thing to have happened to Nigeria since the civil war. Buhari always live up to expectation. What will the Tanoids say to this? Absolutely clueless talks.
Nothing will stop me from naming my first son Buhari though am a christian

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:07pm On Jun 06, 2015
Mogidi:

Dreamer

9 Likes

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by Idrismusty97(m): 7:09pm On Jun 06, 2015
Buhari is not a fisherman that should lie.....

This is really a bad time to be a TANiod cheesy.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by Trut(m): 7:10pm On Jun 06, 2015
I live in Inyoho

1 Like

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by kennydee05(m): 7:10pm On Jun 06, 2015
DrWise:
Dear Daura President (3D),

When would this be?

Please, while declaring your assets publicly, do not forget to include your wife's N10m watch. Recently we were informed you owned 2 houses in Kaduna and 1 in Abuja, you never told us this, the only thing you told us was your 150 cows, bungalow in Katsina and N1m.

Furthermore, seems your boys up north are still not informed that you have been sworn in as president, call them to order and let the senseless killings and arson stop.

Your supporter,

Dr. Wise

You are Dr. Fool

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by doctokwus: 7:13pm On Jun 06, 2015
Hope Adesina starts work soonest as d senior of the 2 presidential spokesmen because Garba Shehu eventhough competent and effective,has this habit of being too forward with his press releases, only to realise later he has misrepresented PMB and made a big issue out of nothing.
He was d same person that told Nigerians that AIT was barred from covering d president elect then due to security and family concerns,while Buhari had no idea of what was happening.
Then with this asset stuff,he told us that was a "public declaration" when it was even clear to us from far off that the CCB had to vet d assets first.Another faux pas.
I now see d wisdom in bringing in Adesina as a senior media adviser.The job maybe too big for Shehu alone to handle.

21 Likes

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by DrBulalaa(m): 7:17pm On Jun 06, 2015
doctokwus:
Hope Adesina starts work soonest as d senior of the 2 presidential spokesmen because Garba Shehu eventhough competent and effective,has this habit of being too forward with his press releases, only to realise later he has misrepresented PMB and made a big issue out of nothing.
He was d same person that told Nigerians that AIT was barred from covering d president elect then due to security and family concerns,while Buhari had no idea of what was happening.
Then with this asset stuff,he told us that was a "public declaration" when it was even clear to us from far off that the CCB had to vet d assets first.Another faux pas.
I now see d wisdom in bringing in Adesina as a senior media adviser.The job maybe too big for Shehu alone to handle.
Yea that's a very good observation.

12 Likes

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by 3kay945(m): 7:18pm On Jun 06, 2015
juicee1:
The Daura President should do that asap- TANoids

[Url=http://lifestyletonight..com/2015/06/silly-things-guys-do-after-they-get.html]Silly Things Guys Do After They Get Dumped By A Pretty Girl[/url]

Or what?!
undecided

1 Like

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by MrTeymee(m): 7:25pm On Jun 06, 2015
Good news. At last we go hear word

1 Like

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by Jorussia(m): 7:25pm On Jun 06, 2015
.thank God that the priceless Niger delta poll i gave buhari was not wasted.

6 Likes

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by dridowu: 7:26pm On Jun 06, 2015
Once PMB declare his asset publicly i just hope some tanoid wont kick the bucket

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by OAM4J: 7:29pm On Jun 06, 2015
Good. Thought as much.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by rabimlomo: 7:30pm On Jun 06, 2015
Can the doubters now rest?

1 Like

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by olaboy001(m): 7:32pm On Jun 06, 2015
Good step by PMB in a bid to minimise corruption, it should not end there thou….big ups #CHANGE

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 06, 2015
Kk
Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 06, 2015
Confam ni cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Will Declare My Assets Publicly As Promised - Buhari by CR77(f): 7:32pm On Jun 06, 2015
What assets again We know already pa buhari have 150 cow and one horse

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate Condemns Demolition Of Kaduna Factional APC Secretariat / How Obi Set New Standard For African Politicians — Ghanaian Cleric, Kwadwo / Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.