Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

I Encouraged Ojukwu To Join The Army —adeyinka Adebayo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Encouraged Ojukwu To Join The Army —adeyinka Adebayo (949 Views)

Florence Ajimobi Presenting Flowers To Adeyinka Adebayo In 1966 (Throwback Photo / Aregbesola Hands Over Corpse Of Adeyinka Adebayo To Fayose (Photos) / I Encouraged Buhari To Run For President – Adesina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Encouraged Ojukwu To Join The Army —adeyinka Adebayo by businessline: 6:52am On Jun 07, 2015
President of the Yoruba Council of Elders and former Military Governor of the old Western State, Maj.-Gen. Adeyinka Adebayo (retd.), in this interview with TOBI AWORINDE, talks about the war against Boko Haram and other issues

You were the Aide-de-Camp to the late Governor General of Nigeria, Sir James Robertson, in 1957. As the first Nigerian to attain such a position, how would you describe the experience?
Being the ADC to Robertson was a very good experience. I consider it a great privilege because no Nigerian did it before me. It was a British officer that occupied that position before me. But when the governor general decided to have a Nigerian as ADC, I was lucky to be noticed as a senior Nigerian Army officer in Lagos then. Because of his relationship with our British leaders in the Army, he appointed me. But he didn’t just appoint me like that. We were meeting with the Army officers, British and Nigerian, every Sunday in a social gathering. That was how he got to know me. He got used to me and I got used to him. When the question of appointment came, he decided that he would like to have me. That was how I became the first Nigerian Army officer to be ADC to the British governor general of the country then. It is a good thing that a Nigerian became an aide-de-camp to a British governor general. I got used to him and vice versa. In fact, my first son, Niyi, was born then and he (Robertson) became my son’s godfather during the period.

You have a number of pioneer achievements that set you apart from your peers. How often do you get requests from the Federal Government to perform advisory roles?

I would say every time and any time. When people know I’m around, they get in touch with me. Either I go to them or they come to me and we discuss generally about the past, the present and what we think of the future. Up till now, it is still going on. I’m used to it.
Since the emergence of Boko Haram, has the Federal Government sought your help in trying to tackle insecurity?
Read More>>>http://nigeriacamera.net/i-encouraged-ojukwu-to-join-the-army-adeyinka-adebayo/

Re: I Encouraged Ojukwu To Join The Army —adeyinka Adebayo by missbehave247(m): 6:54am On Jun 07, 2015
Noted
Re: I Encouraged Ojukwu To Join The Army —adeyinka Adebayo by DjHypno(m): 6:55am On Jun 07, 2015
Isokay
Re: I Encouraged Ojukwu To Join The Army —adeyinka Adebayo by drtwist(m): 6:56am On Jun 07, 2015
okay why are you telling us? Is it for us to know that people from the west accept people from East as their brothers'?

The writing is clear, the un-united Nigeria we are having is because your people like using others to climb. So advise them to change
Re: I Encouraged Ojukwu To Join The Army —adeyinka Adebayo by Emenahagos02(m): 7:10am On Jun 07, 2015
So what's the topic anyway? Cuz it doesn't make sense and the Ojukwu too
U dee maradin? sad
Re: I Encouraged Ojukwu To Join The Army —adeyinka Adebayo by UrennaNkoli(f): 7:15am On Jun 07, 2015
If he really followed that instruction, he would have fought for a better course.
Re: I Encouraged Ojukwu To Join The Army —adeyinka Adebayo by Prinzo1(m): 7:23am On Jun 07, 2015
Now that the sun is rising people have started to claim relationship.
People lie against the living, why wont they lie against the dead which can't defend themselves?
Ojukwu will see this man when he gets there. I know Odum so well.
By the way waiter give every body here one bottle of Hero.
Re: I Encouraged Ojukwu To Join The Army —adeyinka Adebayo by Chiefpriest1(m): 7:28am On Jun 07, 2015
Ojukwu: controversial in life, even more controversial in death.

Some love him,others loathe him. To some,he was a hero, to others he was a villain.

Nigerians will never agree on who he really was, but one thing is sure; his 'manhood' will continue to live on, centuries after his demise.

(1) (Reply)

PDP Ready For Saraki, Dogara Defection–party Chieftains / In The Defense Of Bola Ahmed Tinubu / Death Of Oba Johnson Fatola Of Ikorodu Causes Pandemonium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.