Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,576 members, 7,816,422 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Nairalanders Please Avoid Dealdey Like A Plague! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nairalanders Please Avoid Dealdey Like A Plague! (1622 Views)

How I Made Over N1 Million Naira Monthly Sales On Dealdey / How Banking Looked Like A Decade And Half Ago / Sellers And Buyers Should Boycott Dealdey!! They Exploit Sellers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders Please Avoid Dealdey Like A Plague! by lordkay10(m): 7:55pm On Jun 07, 2015
Nairalanders, I want to use dis medium to share my shopping experience on Dealdey with you.
I made a purchase on the 14th of April, 2015 and I'm yet to take delivery of my order till now. I've called their customer care line twice to launch a complaint, they made promises to address the issue all to no avail.
It is high time we start sensitising the public on the activities of these criminal elements parading themselves as online merchants.
Kindly share your shopping experience with them(if any) to the house as a guide to prospective buyers
Re: Nairalanders Please Avoid Dealdey Like A Plague! by maxxy: 8:18pm On Jun 07, 2015
In the last couple of weeks, there have been multiple threads castigating various online platforms; from Jumia to Konga and now Dealdey, even though many do not understand how they operate.

There are better ways of dealing with issues than coming online to deride companies that are trying to make the best happen despite the infrastructural challenges in Nigeria. It is better to exhaust all avenues of dispute resolution before labelling reputable companies scammers and other names. For all we know, the actual seller of the item may be out of stock on it. When they succeed in solving your issues, you will be unable to repair the damage you have caused.

Let's us also remember that they employ tens of thousands of people directly and indirectly.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders Please Avoid Dealdey Like A Plague! by maxxy: 8:24pm On Jun 07, 2015
The greatest challenge of most online merchants is logistics, that is the order delivery end of it. The big three (Jumia, Konga and Dealdey) process thousands of orders daily and to deliver these orders, an army of dispatch riders and drivers is required.

A lot of experimentation is going on right now and even NIPOST is pitching in. Ecommerce is the next big thing in Nigeria.
Re: Nairalanders Please Avoid Dealdey Like A Plague! by lordkay10(m): 9:27pm On Jun 07, 2015
maxxy:
In the last couple of weeks, there have been multiple threads castigating various online platforms; from Jumia to Konga and now Dealdey, even though many do not understand how they operate.

There are better ways of dealing with issues than coming online to deride companies that are trying to make the best happen despite the infrastructural challenges in Nigeria. It is better to exhaust all avenues of dispute resolution before labelling reputable companies scammers and other names. For all we know, the actual seller of the item may be out of stock on it. When they succeed in solving your issues, you will be unable to repair the damage you have caused.

Let's us also remember that they employ tens of thousands of people directly and indirectly.

So you are suggesting people don't share their experiences with these fraudsters? After waiting for two whole months and even calling their customer care for a solution. I'm sure you would have done the same if u were in my shoes
Re: Nairalanders Please Avoid Dealdey Like A Plague! by eluquenson(m): 10:25pm On Jun 07, 2015
To be candid , these e - commence platforms have same issues . We just have to bear with them
Re: Nairalanders Please Avoid Dealdey Like A Plague! by dav8id(m): 11:30pm On Jun 07, 2015
Just as the second poster above said, 95% of this issue is from the buyers, many of them dont know how these e-commerce site operate.

i really agreed with that, at time goods will be out of stock and it will clearly stated out of stock but buyers will go ahead and place order. this kind of issue some time happen to me on kaymu.there are some of my products on kaymu that i boldly stated that its only available for buyers within abuja only. But surprisely buyers from others state will go ahead and place order, i have to contact them and remind them that the offer is only for abuja residence only.

again, logistic is also a big problem most at time . for @op order undeliver for a month na big issue ooo but label dealdey scam wont stop others from patronise them sha.

Re: Nairalanders Please Avoid Dealdey Like A Plague! by franisteroy: 12:33am On Jun 08, 2015
lordkay10:
Nairalanders, I want to use dis medium to share my shopping experience on Dealdey with you.
I made a purchase on the 14th of April, 2015 and I'm yet to take delivery of my order till now. I've called their customer care line twice to launch a complaint, they made promises to address the issue all to no avail.
It is high time we start sensitising the public on the activities of these criminal elements parading themselves as online merchants.
Kindly share your shopping experience with them(if any) to the house as a guide to prospective buyers
Sometimes you just have to control ur anger bro. The fact that these guys did not deliver your goods does not Make them fraudulent. It might be due to some circumstances that they might not be able to explain to u at the moment. Take it easy bro
Re: Nairalanders Please Avoid Dealdey Like A Plague! by lordtriplee(m): 4:46pm On Jun 08, 2015
maxxy:
The greatest challenge of most online merchants is logistics, that is the order delivery end of it. The big three (Jumia, Konga and Dealdey) process thousands of orders daily and to deliver these orders, an army of dispatch riders and drivers is required.

A lot of experimentation is going on right now and even NIPOST is pitching in. Ecommerce is the next big thing in Nigeria.

Do you work with Konga or Dealdey? You sound like a staff trying to defend them.

Anyways, I agree they have brought something great to Nigeria but that doesn't mean they can be sh*ty while we keep quite. It is your right to demand quality service - this is what pushes companies to be better.
Re: Nairalanders Please Avoid Dealdey Like A Plague! by maxxy: 4:58pm On Jun 08, 2015
lordtriplee:

Do you work with Konga or Dealdey? You sound like a staff trying to defend them.

Anyways, I agree they have brought something great to Nigeria but that doesn't mean they can be sh*ty while we keep quite. It is your right to demand quality service - this is what pushes companies to be better.

I don't work for Dealdey, but as an ecommerce practitioner, I have to understand how different sites work.

Most of the things displayed on Dealdey do not belong to them and are not necessarily in their warehouse before promoting them. So at the point where a customer orders and the actual seller is out of stock on that particular item, a chain for customer dissatisfaction is set in motion. How the situation is managed is critical.
Re: Nairalanders Please Avoid Dealdey Like A Plague! by TopHand: 10:59pm On Jun 08, 2015
My advice to people who buy online is to always select pay on delivery option, dont pay for goods you havent received, also check your goods on delivery make sure you are satisfied with the product and that the product is complete eg if you buy a tv make sure remote control is present etc, if you are buying from abroad and are using local based cargo companies always I repeat always select insurance, paying insurance is the big difference between you receiving your goods or you wasting your time, your money in phone calls, your emotional wellbeing in chasing your goods for months and months and in some cases for years.
Re: Nairalanders Please Avoid Dealdey Like A Plague! by lordkay10(m): 5:14pm On Jun 09, 2015
TopHand:
My advice to people who buy online is to always select pay on delivery option, dont pay for goods you havent received, also check your goods on delivery make sure you are satisfied with the product and that the product is complete eg if you buy a tv make sure remote control is present etc, if you are buying from abroad and are using local based cargo companies always I repeat always select insurance, paying insurance is the big difference between you receiving your goods or you wasting your time, your money in phone calls, your emotional wellbeing in chasing your goods for months and months and in some cases for years.
DealDey doesn't have 'Pay on Delivery' nor insurance on items purchased

(1) (Reply)

Live In Abuja? Attend This Skill Acquisition Training [session 1 Is Free] / For Your Home Interior Works... Lagosian Only For Now / How To Export Local Products From Nigeria And Make A Lot Of Profits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.