Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Just To Testify - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Just To Testify (479 Views)

Nigerian Women Testify Against Catholic Priest Who Wanted To Rape Them / Stephanie Otobo Is A Serial Blackmailer– DELSU Alumnus Ready To Testify In Court / Bristow Crash Survivors Testify That T.B Joshua’s Morning Water Saved Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just To Testify by evanguard: 9:00pm On Jun 07, 2015
Dear brothers and sisters

Whatever religion you may be practicing, I come to you with love and wish you the best of today and the rest of your lives. I'm an old Nairalander who has been here for many years, in other words I have another moniker here, but I have never created a thread in the religion section, and the reason is because I was not ready to do a good job of it. I think I'm ready now, and I pray that God who inspired me to do this will empower me with the right choice of words to make impact on you as a human being, and hopefully advance the cause of God's kingdom.

I created a new moniker because I want this to be all about my Christian faith; facts that I have personally experienced that challenged that faith, and also facts that proved to me that God is ever present in the life of his children.
The thread shall also share powerful scriptures, links to videos, music that minister powerfully, events that testify to the power of the almighty God, and his son Jesus Christ.

I am a Christian, but I have never robustly done one of the key things Jesus Christ the Beloved, my Master and King commanded me to do as his follower and humble servant, which is to TESTIFY -using my life experiences- to his glory and to the advancement of his kingdom. This thread will do just that as much as is humanly possible and as much as is divinely inspired.

I hope to keep this thread alive for as many years as I can, and hopefully make it a resource to others who are either aspiring to become Christians, or Christians who need inspiration in the journey of love and faith in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Please follow me as I testify to God's goodness in my life using my life experiences. Everything I shall share here will be 100% truth.
All of course will only be aimed towards the advancement of God's kingdom.

Thank you and God bless you as you follow this thread.
Re: Just To Testify by evanguard: 9:15pm On Jun 07, 2015
So, to do this properly I shall begin with a Psalm that captures my relationship with God which has been proven and demonstrated over DECADES.
Because of this I have memorized this Psalm and recite it in most of my prayers.

The Psalm is Psalm 103:

Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.

2 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:

3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;

5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

6 The Lord executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed.

7 He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel.

8 The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.

9 He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever.

10 He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.

11 For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.

12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

13 Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him.

14 For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.

15 As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth.

16 For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more.

17 But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;

18 To such as keep his covenant, and to those that remember his commandments to do them.

19 The Lord hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all.

20 Bless the Lord, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word.

21 Bless ye the Lord, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure.

22 Bless the Lord, all his works in all places of his dominion: bless the Lord, O my soul.
Re: Just To Testify by evanguard: 9:24pm On Jun 07, 2015
The first testimony (though not the first miracle in my life):

I was about 7months old (so my mum told me), and nearly drowned in a large water "pan".
My mother operated a restaurant inside my fathers hotel and operated a large kitchen. I was a crawling baby at the time and had a nanny (babysitter). Somehow the nanny lost sight of me (she was distracted) and I crawled straight towards the large water bowl.

Before she knew it, I fell inside the bowl of water and started drowning.

Suddenly my mum felt an urgent urge for me, and asked the nanny about me, and the nanny was fumbling for words.
Somehow, through the corner of her eyes, my mum saw me thrashing about inside the large bowl. She screamed and dove headfirst inside the pan to pick me out.

I was rushed to the hospital, and by God's special power, and mercy, I was resuscitated.

My mum related the story to me when I was about 10 years, and I never forgot it, promising myself that I shall testify to it to a larger audience some day. So, here I am!

To God be all the glory!
Re: Just To Testify by chybykee(m): 9:29pm On Jun 07, 2015
Re: Just To Testify by evanguard: 9:53pm On Jun 07, 2015
Second testimony (though not necessarily the second in my life, I'm only relaying them as I remember):

I was about 11 years old and was helping my father move some items from the boys quarter (in law unit) at the back of our main building in the village. We lived in the city, but we went home to the village every vacation, eg Christmas, Easters, Long vacation (August) etc. So our house was mainly unoccupied when we were away.

So this time we came home and decided to clear some items away from the boys quarter, and as I was moving a wooden material, I did not notice a long black snake starting to craw over my foot. I did not notice until this thing had crawled over my foot. By the time I saw it, I instinctively stamped on its head and crushed its head.

The serpent started to trash around violently and I ran out of the building. It was dead after some minutes.

If not for the mercy of God, it could have bitten me before I could see it.

All praise be to God!

I shall share a scripture later before continuing..,
Re: Just To Testify by evanguard: 10:05pm On Jun 07, 2015
Psalm 34

34 I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.

2 My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.

3 O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together.

4 I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

5 They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed.

6 This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.

7 The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.

8 O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

9 O fear the Lord, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him.

10 The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing.

11 Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the Lord.

12 What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good?

13 Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.

14 Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.

15 The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.

16 The face of the Lord is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.

17 The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.

18 The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.

20 He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.

21 Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate.

22 The Lord redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate.
Re: Just To Testify by evanguard: 10:16pm On Jun 07, 2015
The next testimony:

I was fresh in high school - a boarding school - a school built in the outskirts of the city, and was very close to the bushes.
So, one night we junior students were taking our shower in the open bath area behind our dormitory.
It was around 8pm in the late evening and there was no light, we had to use our lamps.
Our towels were hung on the walls adjacent the bath area.

After taking the shower, I grabbed my towel from the wall and started to wipe my body with it. Something fell on the floor and I looked at the dimly lit floor to see a big scorpion with its tail pointing upwards. Alarmed, I called on other students and we killed it. The stomach burst open and eggs gushed out. It was pregnant, and I was told that pregnant scorpions are the most dangerous.

This thing had crawled on my body as I wiped my body but I didn't notice it!

From that day, I started to believe that God is really very much engaged in my personal defense.

To all his glory again!
Re: Just To Testify by evanguard: 10:19pm On Jun 07, 2015
I shall return later with more testimonies!

God bless you.
Re: Just To Testify by evanguard: 5:15am On Jun 15, 2015
Another miracle was in the same high school.
We were watching a game of soccer from the sidelines of our school soccer field and I suddenly felt an urge to sit down. I saw a piece of building block (about 9 inch block) and decided to use it for a seat.
I picked up this block, and was about to sit on it, but before sitting on it I decided that I should sweep off sand from it with my bare hand.
As I was about to land my hand on the standing block, I looked on it, and there stood a big scorpion with its tail raised up ready to sting!
I don't know what made me look because I was supposed to be focused on the soccer players on the field.
Only God could have done it!

All glory must be to the Lord
For he is worthy of our praise
No man on earth should give glory to himself
All the glory must be to the Lord! (my favorite praise song).
Re: Just To Testify by evanguard: 5:28am On Jun 15, 2015
Yet another testimony!

This happened in my village on one of the times I went there for a vacation, again. We (my brothers and I ) had gone to the village river to swim and hang out because most people come home during Christmas vacation.
One of our favorite past time in the river was to play "touch" inside the river. The game basically has one person chasing after others inside the river until he touches another person who then takes his turn to chase the others.
Meanwhile others hid submerged inside the water to avoid being spotted.
I had hid inside the river by the side where there were water plants, and I was submerged. After staying submerged for sometime, I decided it was time to come afloat, but lo and behold I couldn't float up. This river was at least 12 feet deep and I was at the bed.
I tried the first time, something pulled me back down. I tried again and the same thing pulled me back down!
I tried a third time and the same happened again. That was when I realized that a string from one of the fallen trees had tied on one of my legs.
The tie came from a raffia palm twine - a very tough material!

So I kept very calm and decided not to lose my cool. I opened my eyes and looked at my leg and saw the tie. I calmly worked my way around the tie, carefully untying it until it came loose. I floated up and swam out of the river and simply sat by the side wondering what just happened. It was a near death experience that only GOD could have save me from.

What shall I say unto the Lord?
All I have to say is THANK YOU LORD,
Thank you Lord
Thank you Lord
All I have to say is THANK YOU LORD!

(1) (Reply)

Putting Faith In It's Place. A Case For Atheism / Unveiling The Glory Of Christ! / Christians: What Are We Doing About Spiritual Gifts?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.