Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,327 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Engine Oil Wahala, Plz Advice - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine Oil Wahala, Plz Advice (3468 Views)

Why Does My Car Engine Oil Dry Up Without Physical Leakage / Why The Obsession With 20W50 Engine Oil? / What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Engine Oil Wahala, Plz Advice by NumberOne2(m): 12:39pm On Jun 15, 2015
JUO:
the manufacturer of the generators says service every 100hrs of usage. But why don't you service yours that way? You dey fine story

Who says I don't. Since I cant measure the time use on my gen, I service every 3 months (plug change 6 months). I have used my generator for 5 years now and she runs great. Good maintenance makes equipment last. I am an IT expert so I know the importance of equipment maintenance.
PS: I didnt make the rules. The manufacturers did.
Re: Engine Oil Wahala, Plz Advice by abatically(m): 1:52pm On Jun 15, 2015
ken4jj:

What happens to your oil filter? will you use for the duration or will you change it alone?

There are high capacity oil filters than can stand the test. Moreover oil filters can be changed midway between oil change.
Re: Engine Oil Wahala, Plz Advice by abatically(m): 1:54pm On Jun 15, 2015
NumberOne2:

Who says I don't. Since I cant measure the time use on my gen, I service every 3 months (plug change 6 months). I have used my generator for 5 years now and she runs great. Good maintenance makes equipment last. I am an IT expert so I know the importance of equipment maintenance.
PS: I didnt make the rules. The manufacturers did.

Bros, if u are using conventional 20w50 oil then it is good to change every 3 months. But if u are using synthetic there's absolutely no need unless u do lots of towing.
Re: Engine Oil Wahala, Plz Advice by edoyad(m): 1:31am On Jun 16, 2015
abatically:

Bros, if u are using conventional 20w50 oil then it is good to change every 3 months. But if u are using synthetic there's absolutely no need unless u do lots of towing.

What if I want to switch from Total 20w50 to Toyota 5w20, will it require using semi synthetic in between to smoothen the.transition process ? It's a toyota vehicle.
Re: Engine Oil Wahala, Plz Advice by abatically(m): 2:21am On Jun 16, 2015
edoyad:

What if I want to switch from Total 20w50 to Toyota 5w20, will it require using semi synthetic in between to smoothen the.transition process ? It's a toyota vehicle.

I think Toyota 5w20 is semi synthetic, I'm not sure though. But gazzuzz would know. Semi synthetic or synthetic, it is good enough provided the oil is genuine and manufacturers reccomemded.
Re: Engine Oil Wahala, Plz Advice by fortunejum: 11:20am On Jun 16, 2015
The poster also asked where he can get 5w30 grade oil in port harcourt and its environs. Who knows?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please I Need Help!!! My Honda CRV 2004 Cannot Rev Above 3000rpm. / Grew / Car Repairs You Should Never Try To Do Yourself.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.