Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Protest In Uyo.. Over Speakership( pics and updates) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest In Uyo.. Over Speakership( pics and updates) (904 Views)

Rivers Re-run Elections: Live Monitoring And Updates / Lawyers Drag Gbajabiamila To Court Over Speakership Position / Gbajabiamila Writes 360 Reps Over Speakership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protest In Uyo.. Over Speakership( pics and updates) by IamMrNoble(m): 6:24pm On Jun 08, 2015
A peaceful protest is ongoing at the premises of the Akwa Ibom state house of Assembly over what some people regard as plots to impose a speaker.. The inauguration slated for 10am, was postponed to 3.30pm. Meanwhile as at 5.45pm, the Clark was yet to arrive the complex.

The race for the speaket of the 6th Assembly is between Hon Onofiok Luke and Hon Ime Okon.

News link.. http://propellerng.com/akha-speaker-finally-pdp-heads-to-the-abyss-in-akwa-ibom/
Re: Protest In Uyo.. Over Speakership( pics and updates) by IamMrNoble(m): 6:56pm On Jun 08, 2015
Pics

Re: Protest In Uyo.. Over Speakership( pics and updates) by IamMrNoble(m): 7:18pm On Jun 08, 2015
6.52pm.. Memebers-elet still awaiting arrival of the clark

Re: Protest In Uyo.. Over Speakership( pics and updates) by IamMrNoble(m): 7:29pm On Jun 08, 2015
7.10pm.. 26 members elect.. No Clark.. No Mace

Re: Protest In Uyo.. Over Speakership( pics and updates) by IamMrNoble(m): 7:39pm On Jun 08, 2015
Contenders

Re: Protest In Uyo.. Over Speakership( pics and updates) by IamMrNoble(m): 7:45pm On Jun 08, 2015
7.39pm.. Clark arrives, Mrs Mandu Umoren. Nomination begins

Re: Protest In Uyo.. Over Speakership( pics and updates) by henchamb(m): 8:02pm On Jun 08, 2015
Akpabio at work.i prefer the young lawyer luke.
Re: Protest In Uyo.. Over Speakership( pics and updates) by hopilo: 8:07pm On Jun 08, 2015
keep updating as event unfold
Re: Protest In Uyo.. Over Speakership( pics and updates) by IamMrNoble(m): 8:09pm On Jun 08, 2015
Finally the inauguration is done.. Hon Aniekan Uko, Member Representing Ibesikpo Asutan and Hon Effiong Bassey, representing Oron state constituency both First timers in the House have emerged Speaker and Deputy Speaker respectively in the 6th Akwa Ibom House of Assembly..

Pictured is Hon. Aniekan Uko

Re: Protest In Uyo.. Over Speakership( pics and updates) by IamMrNoble(m): 8:13pm On Jun 08, 2015
Earlier Today

My view.. Very personal..

Earlier today, I and over 5000 youths and women from the 31 Local government areas of Akwa Ibom state had visited the Akwa Ibom state house of Assembly complex to witness the inauguration of the the members making the 6th Assembly. We had hopes that one the most performing legislator in the 5th Assembly would emerge the Speaker to the House. But it so happened, Hon Onofiok Luke lost out.. One man, most of us know has the youths at heart, and has contributed immensely to youth development and the growth of students unionism Nation wide. A former speaker of the youth Parliament.. A former SUG President who was suspended from school for standing up against injustices done the Nigerian students.

To me, this is a high level conspiracy against the Nigerian youth, the leaders of tomorrow..
Also, to me, this is one thing we must learn the right methods to fight.. If really we believe things must change..

Congratulations the new speaker and friend. Mr Aniekan Uko. I have known you to be a performer and a dynamic leader. And no doubt the Assembly would perform credibly under your leadership..

I can't forget in a haste the Plantain porridge and drinks we shared at your child naming ceremony in December. But today, I will not be coming for the reception. I am not in de right mood. But I promise that the same support I would have given to Hon. Onofiok Luke.. Both in Magnitude and in Quality, I'll give same to you

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Directs Governors To Decongest Prisons / AU Summit :buhari Accompany By ,gov Amosun, And Gov Ortom (photos) / Police Arrest Six Suspected Fraudsters In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.