Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,671 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion (56646 Views)

Names Of Politicians Who May Replace Babachir Lawal As SGF / 15 Politicians Who May Run For President In 2019 / List Of 24 Top Politicians Who Defected To APC After Buhari's Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:40pm On Jun 08, 2015
A lot have been said, written and speculated about Saraki and Dogara defying and going against the decision of their Party in tomorrow's election into offices of the National Assembly. Why no one can readily and accurately predict what would happen in the Chambers tomorrow, it will not be out place to reexamine the chances and results of those who had taken similar route before and the consequences!

1. Ibrahim Shekaru: He was the governor of Kano State for 8 years spanning 2003-2011, a former strong member of APC, a Stalwart of ANPP who contributed in no small measure in the merging of the legacy parties that formed APC.

However, during the integration of then newly formed party, Shekaru felt, he would be sidelined in the scheme of things in Kano State with entrant of The then governor of Kano State, Alhaji Kwankwaso, defied all the entreaties of the party for reconciliation and defected to the then Ruling party PDP.
Result: Aside the 6months, jonathan invited him to "come and chop" he has been politically rendered useless in the National and Local Politics:

2: Buba Marwa: Just like Shekaru felt, he would be sidelined in the party, given the presence of then Governor Of Adamawa State , Murtala Nyako, decided to shift base to PDP while lampooning APC.
Result: His 2 years sojourn in the PDP brought misery and tears to him. There is speculation is about declaring for APC. Talk about going back to your Vomit.

3. Nuhu Ribadu:
A former Presidential Candidate of The defunct ACN, was a major force in the then New party. In fact he practically went to everywhere selling APC manifesto to the people. However when Nyako of Adamawa State was impeached, he saw a quicker route to the governorship seat and against all odds decided to dump APC for the then Ruling Party. And like the proverbial mad dog, he refused to listen to the wise counsel from his Friends in APC.
Result: He was roundly and disgracefully defeated in the just concluded guber election thereby rendering him a political nonentity both locally and nationally.

Tom Ikimi: According to him, he was the "sole" brain behind the formation APC. In fact he claimed that APC was formed in his parlour! But like orders who had defied the party, Ikimi felt the Chairman Seat should be reserved for him, without going through the elections, of which the party objected. He felt 'betrayed' and wrote a lengthy letter abusing Tinubu-the undisputed party leader and consequently defected to PDP.

Result: I have not heard from him for so long.

5. Ali Modu Sherrif: Another astute politician who defied the orders and instruction of APC and got himself burnt politically. No need to write more on him.

Others are Attahiru Bafarawa of Sokoto, Belgore of Kwara States etc all tried to defy and challenge APC but learned the lesson the bitter way!

Now, is history going to repeat itself in the cases of Saraki and Dogara?? Time which is actually Tomorrow will tell!

Article Written By Miss Ngene

Cc: Ishilove, lalasticlala, Seun

128 Likes 19 Shares

Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by Jorussia(m): 6:42pm On Jun 08, 2015
.Nice analysis, let's wait for tomorrow and see what will happen. But I know for sure,that Femi will emerge tomorrow on the floor as the speaker. As for the Senate President, the out come can go either way.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by Firefire(m): 6:42pm On Jun 08, 2015
Interesting... are those people still alive ?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by demelza: 6:45pm On Jun 08, 2015
Firefire:
Interesting... are those people still alive ?
Why do I find this hilarious? grin

PDP is now political Siberia! You go there and you are never heard of again.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 08, 2015
Typing . . .
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by Firefire(m): 6:47pm On Jun 08, 2015
demelza:
Why do I find this hilarious? grin

PDP is now political Siberia! You go there and you are never heard of again.

Is PDP a country ?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by modath(f): 6:47pm On Jun 08, 2015
@Ngeneukwenu

You forgot Olusegun Osoba and the rag tag ogun & oyo senators like Lanlehin, Adeseun, Obadara etc.

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by dplordx(m): 6:49pm On Jun 08, 2015
Bankole, the entire SE (remember they were begged, and all they could do was sentimentally and raucously call APC an Amala party grin grin grin).
Even the current governor of Ondo state: Mimiko. He'd have been an APC man but like Judas, he felt he could be a one man mopol. I sometimes forget the guy even existed. Shame the Iroko is falling down soon. APC would swoop Ondo soooo easily next year cheesy

And oh dear Lord! Ribadu Nuhu grin grin grin grin He's a classic case of political f00lishness. I wonder when he'd put a rope to the ceiling and kill himself. The guy messed up so bad, PDP doesnt even love him, and he's going to die a political outkast like Cain in the Bible grin grin

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by okosodo: 6:50pm On Jun 08, 2015
We shall see

1 Like

Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:50pm On Jun 08, 2015
modath:

You forgot Olusegun Osoba

Thank you my brother! They are too numerous!

13 Likes

Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by PassingShot(m): 6:51pm On Jun 08, 2015
There are many more actually.

1. Jimi Agbaje
2. Babangida Aliyu
3. Sule Lamido
4. Potection Seeker tongue tongue grin grin

etc.

87 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by modath(f): 6:55pm On Jun 08, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

Thank you my brother! They are too numerous!

I am ya sisita, just like I've always thought you were my brother till I saw "Miss" today. cheesy

18 Likes

Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:56pm On Jun 08, 2015
modath:

I am ya sisita, just like I've always thought you were my brother till I saw "Miss" today. cheesy

You are a clown, I swear grin grin grin grin grin Let's leave it at that biko!!
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by cold(m): 7:02pm On Jun 08, 2015
In other words,no one dare defy the APC lest you be thrown into the abyss of oblivion to face gnashing of teeth and fiery torment for all eternity. Hmm..issokai

9 Likes

Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:06pm On Jun 08, 2015
Jorussia:
.Nice analysis, let's wait for tomorrow and see what will happen. But I know for sure,that Femi will emerge tomorrow on the floor as the speaker. As for the Senate President, the out come can go either way.

If that of the Rep takes place before that of the Senate, Saraki would be abandoned!

3 Likes

Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by NgeneUkwenu(f): 7:07pm On Jun 08, 2015
cold:
In other words,no one dare defy the APC lest you be thrown into the abyss of oblivion to face gnashing of teeth and fiery torment for all eternity. Hmm..issokai

For now! It is safe to say so!

2 Likes

Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by Jorussia(m): 7:12pm On Jun 08, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

If that of the Rep takes place before that of the Senate, Saraki would be abandoned!
May be so.Hon Abdumumin jubril from kano, should be disciplined by the party, because, his comments have been very anti party and embarrassing. He has been going about spiting the party leadership on both print and electronic media.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by ndcide(m): 7:18pm On Jun 08, 2015
Only shortsighted people see things from the perspective of the @op.

Just one event can render this analysis useless. It's only used by manipulative people to achieve selfish goals.

Finally everything about APC is not all good. Extreme politics is foolishness.

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by cold(m): 7:39pm On Jun 08, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

For now! It is safe to say so!
Your sense of self-aggrandisement is unparalled. Continue to stew in your delusions of grandeur

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by dustmalik: 7:54pm On Jun 08, 2015
One of the reasons why i don't want Saraki to be Sen. Pres. is because he would frustrate Buhari's effort in trying to fight corruption, and that is something that must be prevented.

32 Likes

Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by jimmysho(m): 7:55pm On Jun 08, 2015
Olusegun osoba of Ogun state

6 Likes

Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by vedaxcool(m): 8:00pm On Jun 08, 2015
lol grin grin grin grin In summary, dog wey wan die no dey hear the whistle of imm owner!

grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 08, 2015
modath:

I don catch you today! How you dey na? grin tongue

@ngeneukwuenu,I don't see Saraki and Dagara defecting to APC. I believe all aggrieved persons will sheathe their swords for the unity of the party.
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by Segadem(m): 8:23pm On Jun 08, 2015
and so?
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by Segadem(m): 8:23pm On Jun 08, 2015
dustmalik:
One of the reasons why i don't want Saraki to be Sen. Pres. is because he would frustrate Buhari's effort in trying to fight corruption, and that is something that must be prevented.
then he will be impeached!

3 Likes

Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by horlabiyi(m): 8:24pm On Jun 08, 2015
Laughing Out Loud
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by bornmekus: 8:24pm On Jun 08, 2015
A.P.C,DECEIVING NIGERIANS WITH THE SAME PEOPLE.

15 Likes

Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by omoadeleye(m): 8:24pm On Jun 08, 2015
k
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by tym92(m): 8:24pm On Jun 08, 2015
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by PipSurgeon(m): 8:25pm On Jun 08, 2015
the should take their time to reflect and amend broken bonds.. no one should take politics and politician dat serious... as its said. about perspective "no one is against you, everyone is for themselves"...
Re: List Of Some Powerful Politicians Who "Defied" APC And Went Into Oblivion by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 8:25pm On Jun 08, 2015
Nice write up NgeneUkwu. How can you forget Femi Fani Kayode who left APC and is about to be disgraced out of PDP?

Senator Femi Lanlehin (Oyo South): This one was quite painful for me. He is a very nice man but got carried away by his governorship ambition. Left APC when he couldn't get the ticket and.......the rest is history!

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC / Tinubu In Akure Airport For Akeredolu's Inauguration(photos) / President Buhari's 3 Beautiful Daughters Rock Matching Outfits (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.