Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,543 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:04 AM

Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 - Sports (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 (107316 Views)

Nigeria Vs Australia: FIFA U-17 World Cup: (6 - 0) On 29th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / Sweden Vs Nigeria (3 - 3) Fifa Women's World Cup On 8th June, 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Nobody: 7:18am On Jun 13, 2015
Why are some pple blaming the president ? What happened to Our NFF , that body must be looked into and let's stop politics in Everything we do in Nigeria , who appointed pinnicks abi picnic Ni , was it buhari that reinstate keshi who couldn't even have a nations cup ticket ? Let's scrap every sector and rebuild a lost nation
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Guyfranco15(m): 7:20am On Jun 13, 2015
Our gals fuckup
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by donem: 7:20am On Jun 13, 2015
DrCaleb:
There is a life line. If we can win U.S.A with a wider margin on goals on our next match, and Sweden draws Australia, we stand a chance of qualifying. That might be too much to ask considering Nigeria's horrible performance with the Australians.
In all sincerity to be realistic thats a big ask.
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by StealthyMe(m): 7:24am On Jun 13, 2015
shockwave91:
did u know that during the caf womens championship, usa, australia & sweden had scouts watching ALL our games in preparation for this tournament. Yet stephen keshi...sorry edwin okon came out TWICE during this tournament and boasted & bragged that he did not need to watch his opponents. And in wan win world cup!!!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable..........

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaahaahahahaahahahaaaaahahhahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

StealthyMe

Boss,e don red oo embarassed sad
Na so we go take comot for WC?
How Australia go dey beat Nigeria ehnn... life don spoil

All those Keshi's...sorry coaches grin no care about the game,what matters is their money undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by donem: 7:32am On Jun 13, 2015
iGeneral:
These girls were good footballers when they were under-aged. But now that they've grown and started knowing men, the story has changed. You just have to look at oparanozie and see the result.

spot on u couldn't have said it much better than this, especially on Oparanozie.

she was the girl who really made me admire watching female footy, some years back when she emerged at the world junior stage.

And to all those castigating the coach for all the woes, main looking at him facially you can easily tell he is a failure, so would spare him stick for now.

To be truthful was any of our ladies performance yesterday exceptional? no individual brilliance, the girl keeper who ought to be our most experienced starter, is the walking dead.

let's console ourselfs by going back to our invincible drawing board.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by wahalababe(f): 7:41am On Jun 13, 2015
zinzane:
The one we sent back to Otueke, that wanted the Goat to chop the Nyam.
keep deceiving yourself
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by phymo083(m): 7:53am On Jun 13, 2015
Those our girls moral low,They no even play anytin
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by chaloner(m): 7:57am On Jun 13, 2015
Sorry oo but this my observation : we are doing poorly and very poor since buharis emergence. This is not a good thing
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Ifeconwaba(m): 8:15am On Jun 13, 2015
This abokii buhari administration is just full of bad luck to nigerian football
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by justi4jesu(f): 8:19am On Jun 13, 2015
Sadly we lost this game.
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by dihalao(m): 8:20am On Jun 13, 2015
USA 0-0 SWEDEN... THOSE GALS CAN BEAT USA JUST THAT OUR OGA EDWIN OKON LOST THAT AUSTRALIA GAME FOR US.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by ethyne1: 8:26am On Jun 13, 2015
Too bad
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by bjt(m): 8:30am On Jun 13, 2015
Everyone knew that technically we can't qualify in the group. The story suddenly changed after we luckily drew 3-3 with Sweden. Nigeria too dey depend on luck while failing to do the needful.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by chukkiephil(m): 8:36am On Jun 13, 2015
Please the mods should take this thread out of the front page, each time I see it and the score, it demoralize's me, as in e dey pain me!! angry (like if you want the mods to take it off)

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by abbeyty(m): 8:36am On Jun 13, 2015
DrGroove:

How much dem dey pay dem? Does the country recognise them?

See reasoning, if the country doesn't recognise them they won't be in the tournament
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Judolisco(m): 8:47am On Jun 13, 2015
donem:
yea 85% of Nigeria
wat of niger state
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 13, 2015
chaloner:
Sorry oo but this my observation : we are doing poorly and very poor since buharis emergence. This is not a good thing

Our sport didn't start well under Goodluck as well. Moreover, our sport (football especially) was in a shambles towards the end of Goodluck's administration.
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 13, 2015
@Ifeconwaba and chaloner, who was president in 2010 when we couldn't get out of the group stage in South Africa? Who was president when our u20 could not qualify for the world cup in 2011? Who was president when we couldn't qualify for the 2012 nations cup? Who was president when we couldn't get out of the group stage at the confederations cup? Who was president when we managed to escape out of an easy group at the world cup, thanks to the blunder of the referee and Enyeama's heroics?
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by bastien: 9:09am On Jun 13, 2015
OkikiOluwa1:

just like flying eagles defense.
Make Nigerian coaches step up o.
in short all our football team defence na rubbish
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by honeric01(m): 9:09am On Jun 13, 2015
shockwave91:
honeric01 u dey watch d "mind games" wey ur coach dey use? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I thought his statement was credited to the Swedish game, no?
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Menace2Society(m): 9:33am On Jun 13, 2015
Xfemt:
dis is what u get when u ve wrong pple ruling our country
since failbuhari came on noting seems to b working
especially in football

gosh !!!

i miSs the goodluck of old days

hmmm it is well even in d well when God is aware
Illiterate undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by omaji53jeremiah: 9:34am On Jun 13, 2015
you no fit play more than you sabi now!!, them don try oya make una de come home
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Menace2Society(m): 9:36am On Jun 13, 2015
Ifeconwaba:
This abokii buhari administration is just full of bad luck to nigerian football
Another illiterate undecided
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by chaloner(m): 9:40am On Jun 13, 2015
hifaif:

Our sport didn't start well under Goodluck as well. Moreover, our sport (football especially) was in a shambles towards the end of Goodluck's administration.
may b true up to 30% but everyone worked so hard to achieve the best for the country but dis time around even d coaches re tired. Didn't u notice dat ?
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by chaloner(m): 9:43am On Jun 13, 2015
hifaif:
@Ifeconwaba and chaloner, who was president in 2010 when we couldn't get out of the group stage in South Africa? Who was president when our u20 could not qualify for the world cup in 2011? Who was president when we couldn't qualify for the 2012 nations cup? Who was president when we couldn't get out of the group stage at the confederations cup? Who was president when we managed to escape out of an easy group at the world cup, thanks to the blunder of the referee and Enyeama's heroics?
but u voted change still everytin s movin to d worst for them , still at d end of GEJ we got more and unique success
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by klax(m): 9:53am On Jun 13, 2015
Even today match against Chad the super eagle may lost or draw it. I said sport smiling time has be buried six feet down since May 29. No offense but a fact.

I have said and so it's going to be. Go back to when he was a military head of state then compare to ibb regime, Abacha regime up till Gej regime you will understand that despite his four star General unfortunately he is a starless General in sport.
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by joejoe3: 9:55am On Jun 13, 2015
Nigeria has two huge problems of not having good players and coaches. Though these girls were not fantastic, but they had what it takes win this match, at worst a draw. Tactically and technically, Nigeria did not perform well.
The Australians knew Nigeria was a little bit good in the front but horrible at the back, so they always had 4 persons at their back and waited patiently for counter. As expected, our back lines were open as we anxiously looked for a goal. Our technical crew were as good as the fans since they could not provide any strategy except stupid changes. I guess the coach did not want to be criticized like Manu Garba.
I think the tournament is over for us coz I don't see anything that will make us win USA.
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by ebamma(m): 10:03am On Jun 13, 2015
Antell95:
mine is 32k.. I fit collapse
una get luck oh
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by youngbest(m): 10:34am On Jun 13, 2015
Poor preparation contributed in no small part to this our failure, since last year November other National teams started camping activities in preparation for this world cup, Edwin Okon was begging for funds to start his too, but due to election no funds were released, the girls finally went into camp around April, I for saw the present situation then. Obviously our opponents are better prepared and know us better than we know them, the team organisation has being abysmal especially during set pieces.
State activities need serious independence from politics in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by Bluffly: 10:35am On Jun 13, 2015
Where are those that are quick to castigate the male teams. Oya make una they face reality.
Re: Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 by jidebaba69(m): 10:36am On Jun 13, 2015
Dede is a terrible keeper. I rate whyte far above her all she has is her looks. Poor choice for our keeper.
Nkwocha is way too old. At 39. (She might be older).
Tactical arrangement by the coach is non-existent.
All l can say is that our national teams need the imput of good technical minds so we can move forward.
We have good players but we don't have good coaches to manage them.
We can afford the best coaches for our country so let's stop mucking around and do something positive for our national teams.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (Reply)

Madagascar Vs Nigeria: AFCON 2019 (2 - 0) Full Time / Nigeria Vs Germany (0 - 1): FIFA U-20 Women WC Final On 8th August 2014 / Francisca Ordega Builds House For Her Mother (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.