Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1074649 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 04, 2015
@Kennykentipsy...pls at IOM.hw many days does it take to do medicals...from wat u pasted...i see they wrote that one should make available 2days for the medical examination..does it take 2days or a day? Pls clarify me thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 1:14pm On Jul 04, 2015
LOVINA1245:
hello house. this is my 9th week of application. the only message i have received is "thanks for your patience". hope this is not a key pointer to delay? im worried. thanks
Pls when did u submit? And to answer ur question, it is not a pointer to delay. The duration of processing has nothing to do with the decision given by the VO. Its just simply backlog..So be cheerful and take a positive approach. It is well!!!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by deedee0: 1:14pm On Jul 04, 2015
berexio1:
Hope that ur hector never shoot online VO oo..Someone needs to ressurrect him cos I need that medical mail just about now..
Lool Exactly! @richcasey Hector shouldn't shoot oo!
I'm tempted to say break their legs tho..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by LOVINA1245: 1:21pm On Jul 04, 2015
applied 4th of may. biometrics 6th. online]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 1:31pm On Jul 04, 2015
LOVINA1245:
applied 4th of may. biometrics 6th. online]
4th? From the trend here, they are done with 4th, 5th and 6th...Pls mail them as soon as possible.Today makes ur app a day more than 8 weeks...So fire them that mail pls..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team12: 1:38pm On Jul 04, 2015
...or lady who is also a make up artist and knows how to fix weavon... grin

AriseOCompatrot:

Chairman, I find it odd that you and Tinu are now jumping on Chrigo's post as if it is in consonance with what you guys said earlier. Tinu said categorically that people should not travel unless they have all the money complete. You (justwise) said anybody who travel without tuition and living expenses is PURE MADNESS. I even asked you if someone has 10k out of 15k tuition on a two year course, whether he should travel, you categorically said No! Your positions are at variance with that of Chrigo.

Jengetiele said people can travel with incomplete money and make a lot of money legally. Chrigo is disputing Jengetiele's claim as to how much people can make without breaking the law but Chrigo ended by affirming that people can make upto $10,000 a year legally by just working full time during the four months long break. In other words, Chrigo is saying that people can come with part money and work hard to make up the rest. Whether the stress of the work will tell on them or not was never the argument. It was whether or not they should venture out without complete tuition and living expenses.

And @justwise, I still dispute your claim that there is no other way of making money legally except through the 20 hours a week system or even the full time work during long breaks. If someone is gifted in designing websites or creating apps, whether or not the person is studying I.T. there, if that person works 20 hrs a week and can by the side use his software skills to design products that organizations there find useful, is that person engaging in illegality? If a lady who does accessories (beads and the likes) here in Nigeria, goes over there, takes up the 20 hrs a week offer, but on the sides is able to do beads she can sell to people of all races and creeds, is she breaking the law? If someone who writes scripts for Nollywood goes there and in spite of his course load and his 20hrs a week earnings, is able to sell a script for a short film to be aired during the toronto film festival, is he breaking the rules? Or someone studying engineering in Canny but in his spare time paints oil on canvass and sells as art work? I can go on and on but i'm sure you get my drift.

I am not in Canada yet so I am open to education from those who are there on whether the examples I have listed above are illegal. I have mentioned just four out of many other hands-on or intellectual gifts people can use to generate income outside of paid employment. My question is, would it be legal to do so? Let people knowledgeable and experienced with the Canadian system respond.

In any event, Chrigo, a well respected veteran of this thread, has swung the argument in favour of those who say that YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE ALL TUITION AND LIVING EXPENSES COMPLETE before you apply to schools or for TRV or eventually travel.

Opposing views are still welcome

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team16(m): 1:40pm On Jul 04, 2015
tnuola:
Yes, I did say I won't advice any one to go without having their complete tuition for the duration of their studies, and I will kEep advicing anyone I know.
Its an advice, so its not compulsory for anyone to heed to it.
Its something I keep saying based on what I've read on this thread, and experience of the few people I know in canada nw, it is possible but very very stressful and hard.
Everyone is entitiled to their opinion and I'll just keep mute about this particular topic.

Madam T, I hail your dogged nature in fighting for your cause. I echo for you, but remember the life you are living is not an easy one. Going to Balogun market to buy things is not easy as well, life of a jobless graduate in Nigeria is not easy either. I read were someone said something about headache in Range Rover n in Keke (maruwa) which is better? The truth is life is not easy anywhere, the bible says the kingdom of God suffereth violence and the violent takes it by force, it did not say takes it easily, it still went on to say, he has not promised us a life of bliss and that temptations will come but with faith n trust in him we will overcome. (Pls pardon my bible examples, i recognise other religions. I mean no offense pls) What am trying to say is, yes it's not easy anywhere quote me even attending lectures in university was not easy either yet we still graduated with our 1st class n 2 ones amidst the strikes, poor lecture rooms, no laboratory etc d list is endless. I'll prefer to plant grass in canny than do fashola tree planting in naija here. IMO what we should be discussing is ways we can achieve it or surmount it n not saying it's not possible.
Someone suggested tree planting, hair cuts, nightclub hustle please we need more inputs so that those we wish to, but are discouraged cos of fund but was able to get admission n TRV can choose from the available choice presented by the house and begin to develop extra skills in direction. Skills in photography, tailoring, fashion illustration, beads, baking please we need more inputs and the provinces they are going to be beneficial to. Please @ everyone enough of the impossibility and let's see life from the positive side. What can such folks learn here b4 coming in order to help them meet up with their needs and still visit western union cos my guy believe you me that one is important. IMO. Don't kill me but correct me cos it's not only the dead that you can keep its head straight, you can do so to the leaving. #Faith works. Over n out.

But please I plead with the people advicing and encouraging pple to go without tuition, to add that's its very hard and tasking, so they don't think its easy.
The only problem I'm having hereis , encouraging pple to do something without letting them know how hard and challenging it is, its not fair to make pple think its easy to get a job and all.
When there are other bills to pay and rules to abide by.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team16(m): 1:51pm On Jul 04, 2015
justwise:

So that means he went with money then

He had his 1st year cost defrayed by his brother, hustled for the second year to pay up, he has payed his brother back n got himself a new ride. The guy hustling mind tight. I asked him how he's doing it but he refused to let me in yet that when I land, he'll put me through. His course is oil n gas related though. Sharp guy from medical physiology here in naija to one tight oil n gas course I can't remember the name of the course. I'll ask him n update you later.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team16(m): 1:54pm On Jul 04, 2015
Please, my point is what can we learn here b4 coming in order to help us make few dollars alongside studying. Please, we need suggestions, thanks. #Faithworks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jul 04, 2015
berexio1:
4th? From the trend here, they are done with 4th, 5th and 6th...Pls mail them as soon as possible.Today makes ur app a day more than 8 weeks...So fire them that mail pls..

Oga Berexio1

Make I no pressure u but I sabi two people who applied online after you and have since gotten response o.

Both last Thursday were denied.

So....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 1:56pm On Jul 04, 2015
Canada thread na the bomb sha even peeps for US dey envy this thread.Please let's try to imbibe mutual respect for each other's opinion. And most importantly try to honestly see the various perspective of views presented and learn. No one should be dogmatic really cos life is dynamic. God bless you all. Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by justwise(m): 1:59pm On Jul 04, 2015
Team16:

He had his 1st year cost defrayed by his brother, hustled for the second year to pay up, he has payed his brother back n got himself a new ride. The guy hustling mind tight. I asked him how he's doing it but he refused to let me in yet that when I land, he'll put me through. His course is oil n gas related though. Sharp guy from medical physiology here in naija to one tight oil n gas course I can't remember the name of the course. I'll ask him n update you later.

SMH.

I really feel sorry for some people who read some half baked truth here and swallowed it.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 2:06pm On Jul 04, 2015
darefestus:

Oga Berexio1

Make I no pressure u but I sabi two people who applied online after you and have since gotten response o.

Both last Thursday were denied.

So....
Like seriously? It means this chronological order is flawed then.

I know of someone who applied same day bt got denied 3weeks ago. This online no pure again oo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by GboyegaD(m): 2:07pm On Jul 04, 2015
tnuola:

I swear, I promise to keep my mouth shut on here when I see people advice others to enter without full tuition, like its easy to just work and make money.

Different people have different objectives as such, it is difficult to advise anyone. The only thing I tell people who has such plan is that you resume in winter semester and have your tuition for that semester almost covered. You may choose to work 2 jobs during spring and summer holiday to raise tuition for Fall and a part of Winter of the following year and the cycle continues the following year. Above all, it isn't an easy task however, it is possible.

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 2:11pm On Jul 04, 2015
Quick one guys.
This info is probably more useful to guys yet to apply or reapplying.
For a canadian study permit there are some documents that are enough to proove corresponding concerns.

Employment situation - a letter of introduction from your employer stating how much u earn, ur scope of work and when you're employed and authorised leave date is okay. Having an employment letter, payslips, ur personal SOA has become additional under that section.
NB if u don't have a letter of introduction then the employment letter and payslips or ur SOA might come in handy then.

Personal assets and financial situation- contrary to belief that submitting a personal SOA that has money is enough to cater for this concern, I beg to disagree. Again, the letter of introduction from your employer which states how much you earn annually is enough to show this.
If a net worth evaluation can also be done and notarised, it could also be useful.
NB the networth isn't complete if there isn't a net annual income stated among the assets.
Employment prospect in country of residence- this often comes after some idle years after studying or presence of study gap. A future employment letter will easily cater for this concern. A study leave from your employer is also enough to cater for this.

Purpose of study- My take on the purpose of visit against the normal notion here that it comes when your program doesn't follow a progression or you courses don't tally is that if any one of the three points stated above can found as an excuse, the you get purpose of visit..
It simply means the VO thinks your sole purpose of seeking to immigrate isn't to study.
Travel history- we Sabi say this one na follow come.

Personally I still find length of proposed stay and lack of family ties in canada and country of residence difficult to unravel.

NB. I think have gotten enough evidence from different guys that applied and documents submitted to come at thee former three points.

Finally, if you can get one of this in each section, with prayer, you're good to go.
Don't hope to cater for employment situation by submitting a study leave alone, or cater for personal assets by submitting your SOA.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 04, 2015
berexio1:
Like seriously? It means this chronological order is flawed then.

I know of someone who applied same day bt got denied 3weeks ago. This online no pure again oo

You can put a positive spin on it and assume they are preparing the medical mail for your batch.

At least, thats what I'd do if I were you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by tnuola(f): 2:17pm On Jul 04, 2015
GboyegaD:

Different people have different objectives as such, it is difficult to advise anyone. The only thing I tell people who has such plan is that you resume in winter semester and have your tuition for that semester almost covered. You may choose to work 2 jobs during spring and summer holiday to raise tuition for Fall and a part of Winter of the following year and the cycle continues the following year. Above all, it isn't an easy task however, it is possible.

Thanks.. Teamgowithhalftuition that's a strategy for you up there, that way you can work more hours and make money.

Impossible is nothing.

Me I'm sha Teamgowithfulltuition allday everyday.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 2:22pm On Jul 04, 2015
darefestus:

You can put a positive spin on it and assume they are preparing the medical mail for your batch.

At least, thats what I'd do if I were you.
Yea, true talk bro. Bt dem no try atall, they should atleast follow the order. Imagine sb that applied a week after u did, got delayed and re-fired via paper route and has gotten TRV and person still dey wait.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 04, 2015
berexio1:
Yea, true talk bro. Bt dem no try atall, they should atleast follow the order. Imagine sb that applied a week after u did, got delayed and re-fired via paper route and has gotten TRV and person still dey wait.

Haba, that last statement is mathematically impossible tongue
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ChriGo(m): 2:28pm On Jul 04, 2015
tnuola:

Lmao.. I'm tired of telling the harsh truth.. I won't even talk about it anymore, they don insult me tire... You done did it.
...No mind dem Ojare grin...If anyone wants to venture such route i.e without paying kobo, the school will definitely report to immigration(This na confirmed truth)...So if anyone comes to Canada without plans to pay a tuition fee(at least 1st semester) to resume school, then na serious battle with the school and immigration....You have done your part by giving a sincere advice...Its left to anyone reading to ponder and map out a plan....

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jul 04, 2015
tnuola:
Yes, I did say I won't advice any one to go without having their complete tuition for the duration of their studies, and I will kEep advicing anyone I know.
Its an advice, so its not compulsory for anyone to heed to it.
Its something I keep saying based on what I've read on this thread, and experience of the few people I know in canada nw, it is possible but very very stressful and hard.
Everyone is entitiled to their opinion and I'll just keep mute about this particular topic.

But please I plead with the people advicing and encouraging pple to go without tuition, to add that's its very hard and tasking, so they don't think its easy.
The only problem I'm having hereis , encouraging pple to do something without letting them know how hard and challenging it is, its not fair to make pple think its easy to get a job and all.
When there are other bills to pay and rules to abide by.

Just also wanted to chip in..... I personally would not travel without complete tuition (or a plan for continuous support from a sponsor here) for the duration of the program. You can hustle living expenses but not tuition. You don't want to be too distracted from your studies all in the name of hustling for tuition. I have schooled overseas before, and I know what Nigerians that did not have tuition were going through. And these were very close friends. Some even had to drop out when the going got tough. Some ended up failing masters and graduating with diplomas because they did not give themselves enough time to study. Studying overseas is not the same thing as studying in Nigeria. It's hardwork and dedication. But ultimately, we are responsible for the actions we take and the decisions we make. We r all looking for PR and to get it, you will need to blast your grades, get good work experience and prove to Canada that you are a great asset to them and worth living in and contributing positively to their Country. My brethren, think about it.... Would you employ someone (an international graduate) with bad grades? Let's be wise pls. Nigeria is bad but you can always beg for garri. Out there, it is not the same!!!!

13 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 2:36pm On Jul 04, 2015
darefestus:

Haba, that last statement is mathematically impossible tongue

Check am na. Paper route 14th may have been called,assuming someone re-applied 21st may,don't we have those of that date on TRV list? June 5th have been called for medical.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 04, 2015
berexio1:
Check am na. Paper route 14th may have been called,assuming someone re-applied 21st may,don't we have those of that date on TRV list? June 5th have been called for medical.

Lol..

Make God sha help persin.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by berexio1: 2:54pm On Jul 04, 2015
Moana:
wink wink wink wink
Hello dear...**winks***
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by kennykentipsy: 2:56pm On Jul 04, 2015
teana4040:
@Kennykentipsy...pls at IOM.hw many days does it take to do medicals...from wat u pasted...i see they wrote that one should make available 2days for the medical examination..does it take 2days or a day? Pls clarify me thanks

within 30min ur medicals would be completed and ur results would be sent to CIC immediately as I was told by the clinic ...what i was just saying is u need to call them to book an appointment before you go
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team16(m): 3:00pm On Jul 04, 2015
Fablady:

Just also wanted to chip in..... I personally would not travel without complete tuition (or a plan for continuous support from a sponsor here) for the duration of the program. You can hustle living expenses but not tuition. You don't want to be too distracted from your studies all in the name of hustling for tuition. I have schooled overseas before, and I know what Nigerians that did not have tuition were going through. And these were very close friends. Some even had to drop out when the going got tough. Some ended up failing masters and graduating with diplomas because they did not give themselves enough time to study. Studying overseas is not the same thing as studying in Nigeria. It's hardwork and dedication. But ultimately, we are responsible for the actions we take and the decisions we make. We r all looking for PR and to get it, you will need to blast your grades, get good work experience and prove to Canada that you are a great asset to them and worth living in and contributing positively to their Country. My brethren, think about it.... Would you employ someone (an international graduate) with bad grades? Let's be wise pls. Nigeria is bad but you can always beg for garri. Out there, it is not the same!!!!
Hello ma, how is going with you. Have you been able to get a supervisor? Just checking on you sha.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Team16(m): 3:02pm On Jul 04, 2015
@Fablady, how are you doing? Please have you been able to secure a supervisor?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ChriGo(m): 3:05pm On Jul 04, 2015
AriseOCompatrot:

Thanks Chrigo. This is what people need. A detailed, no holds barred discussion on the issue. Let people be told the possibilities, the risks involved, and the ways around them. I remember a while back when someone (i think Siga but not sure) was advising guys to learn how to barb hair. Another person was telling of how people go up north to plant trees during long breaks. I am sure there are other skill stets apart from barbing and hair making that peeps can put to use when they get there. Those who know should tell. There must be ways people can make money beyond the 20hrs a week rule and thereby cater for themselves. Those who have experience on other legal ways that the less priviledged have used to earn extra bucks should share so that others can plan ahead. It is good to warn people about challenges but it is better to suggest possible ways around such challenges.
....Learning how to barb is good as well but it will also take time to build the relationship with peeps around before any man would feel comfortable submitting their head for barbing grin...Peeps prefer getting their hair done professionally at a saloon and wouldn't mind paying $20 to get that done....The only peeps I envy are the Ladies....They make Bastard $$$$$$$ here when it comes to styling female's hair...you make tones of cash styling just one hair with no stress and this can be done at your convenient time(No interference with school activities)....So if you are a Lady or a Guy with practical knowledge of styling female's hair then there is HUGE!!!! i mean HUGE!!!!! hope for you in terms of tuition payment....Na just small money dey barbing biko and most guys here be akagum when it comes to paying for the barbing service you render them....Na come today, come tomorrow man go dey hear grin (if they are close friends)...In all, the best time to hustle hard is during scheduled break and having at least two semester tuition fee handy is the best...Naija peeps no dey joke when it comes to hustling...Kai!!!!!grin....

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Moana(f): 3:09pm On Jul 04, 2015
berexio1:
Hello dear...**winks***
you will get good feedback dont worry

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by AriseOCompatrot: 3:10pm On Jul 04, 2015
kennykentipsy:

omo I think say na only me ooo..... I swear to God I never reach airport before for my life. not to talk of entering eloplane.... I only see plane fly across my house I can't help bur sing aeroplani odabo bami ki iya mi eleko ...bur with the help of Google Map, Google Earth and distance calculator... I don sabi distance of my friends school to mine, how to take buses. infact I don sabi Canada pass Lagos way them born me sef lol... waiting for my kpali it has been dispatched though

Absolutely Hilarious! Loool...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by standupguy(m): 3:11pm On Jul 04, 2015
I think it' will be extremely difficult to raise your tuition and living expenses as a student in Canada, at least not with good grades.
At the same time how can you tell anyone who already has TRV but without the funds to stay back?
To such person I say "ENTER THE PLACE".

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by SeyiMiilan: 3:14pm On Jul 04, 2015
Jump, don't jump, jump, don't jump... We are always responsible for our actions irrespective of d advice we get (if u get to fly, good. If you get burnt, sorry)... So if you want to go to canada with half fees n high hustle spirit, feel free please afterall u can take a camel to the river instead of a horse....God bless us all..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.