Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,638 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 8 - Travel (293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 8 (1077510 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Ojekkk: 5:49pm On Jul 31, 2015
Ojekkk:

Am new on the forum though I have been following the pages.

I got delayed today. The last was in may. I did an online application. Got medical passed before refusal.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 31, 2015
justicia:
Hello Guys. Personally I think post-medical refusal is lame and unacceptable. If you look at the opening paragraph of the medical instruction sheet, its says "Your application has now reached a stage where we need your medicals..." It is clear from that statement that a review has been done. Now while a post-medical review may be part of their procedure, it is submitted that that shouldnt be the case; the reason being that CIC knows that medical exam is not free and the fee is not refundable. Why tell an applicant to go for medicals when u may still refuse his application thereby making him lose money. CIC should follow the spirit and letter of the medical instruction sheet and do a thorough review well before a medical instruction is issued. In the alternative, they should make medicals a part of the application process such that it is compulsory from the beginning. That way we know from the start that we are risking everything (application and medical fees). Afterall no one asks for a refund of his application fee when he is refused.
Thanks bro, some people don't know what it takes to waste 28000 naira on medical,since they don't work for money,all expenses are paid by sponsor or parent. People should spend wisely,each naira counts.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Ojekkk: 5:54pm On Jul 31, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
lodging a huge sum is wrong.
it has to be built up in transaction history..

I wish to know if I must submit my own SOA also since I am working though my husband is my sponsor.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 5:54pm On Jul 31, 2015
really....sorry for that.
share your profile....and the dates....
when you applied and when you were called for medicals...

the Lord is your strength
Ojekkk:

I got delayed today. The last was in may. I did an online application. Got medical passed before refusal.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 5:56pm On Jul 31, 2015
if youve been working, you should show your payslips and statement of accoutns....

but the money needed to sponsor you should be in your husbands account...
Ojekkk:

I wish to know if I must submit my own SOA also since I am working though my husband is my sponsor.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 5:57pm On Jul 31, 2015
its so strange how the talk of QUOTA hasnt being brought up.......
Dont let me bring it up sha..

#hibernating

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by handyteddy: 5:58pm On Jul 31, 2015
Hello bro, your chances of getting ur trv is based on your circumstance, your job, your family ties, your educational background, funds, gaps in academic history & most importantly GOD,. Also your cgpa dnt really matter to them, the VO only needs to be conviced to you will return to ur home country after your studies, also with ur high cgpa , you can consider the Express Entry program as a Back Up Plan, that if you have adequate work experience, stay with this thread you'll get usefull info.......Good Luck
engr2yen:
Pls,I am a newbie on dis thread,I nid help.I intend applying 4 fall 2016 M.Eng environmental eng. Dalhousie uni.,is it a must I secure a supervisor b4 applying? Av contacted d skool dey r yet 2 reply me..wat r my chances of getting admitted,graduate wit cgpa 4.19 civil eng.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 6:01pm On Jul 31, 2015
youre begining to take this personal......will you leave people that want to waste their money alone.......

why are you fighting someone if he decides to fly BA and you decide to go for Ethopian airlines....
dont lets go astray from the topic that matters....
Haustraliah:

Thanks bro, some people don't know what it takes to waste 28000 naira on medical,since they don't work for money,all expenses are paid by sponsor or parent. People should spend wisely,each naira counts.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Chars1289: 6:09pm On Jul 31, 2015
hayqinsbFX:

#hibernating
This is clearly quota at work and rush hr period.
Good news will surely be on the rampage again.believe
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Ojekkk: 6:09pm On Jul 31, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
really....sorry for that.
share your profile....and the dates....
when you applied and when you were called for medicals...
the Lord is your strength

1ST APPLICATION online
APPLICATION APRIL 10

BIOMETRICS APRIL 16

DELAYED MAY 21

2ND APPLICATION Online

APPLICATION JUNE 16

BIOMETRICS JUNE 16

CALLED MEDICAL CALL JULY 22

SENT Email that I have done Upfront on JULY 23

MEDICAL PASSED JULY 24

DELAYED JULY 31
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by onyemamuoc(m): 6:15pm On Jul 31, 2015
sean622:
I'm going to Brandon Uni can you msg me pls?

-lol chops please message me too..brandon uni too
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by Ojekkk: 6:17pm On Jul 31, 2015
hayqinsbFX:
if youve been working, you should show your payslips and statement of accoutns....
but the money needed to sponsor you should be in your husbands account...

I submitted my payslips and Letter of introduction from my place of work but not my SOA.

my school starts September 1, 2015. Is it possible reapply because my husband will be making up the money in his savings account to 7M for me to reapply next week.

My school does not permit deferment more than once. I defer last year cos I had a new baby.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by onyemamuoc(m): 6:17pm On Jul 31, 2015
PurpleG:

Hi Chops33, congrats on your trv. I have gone through your posts here. Please, I would like to know if you applied to the 2 years post degree BSc Nursing or 4 years BScN cos I couldn't find any info about the post degree nursing on Brandon university site, and a pre-nursing program is required for admission into the four year course. Thanks

-chops abeg msg me na cry grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by ayooluwatoni(m): 6:17pm On Jul 31, 2015
AriseOCompatrot:
After teana4040's post of delay after medical, I decided to fly under the radar, hoping and praying this would help me dodge the bullet but alas...I got hit!

Status changed to medical passed at 12 noon yesterday, then got emails of message and update at about 3pm, only to log in to see correspondence...Application Refused! Purpose of visit, travel history, financials.

Even though I am a guy, I suddenly feel like a lady who has just been gilted by her lover cry So I guess the only thing left to say is...it was fun while it lasted.

That's it from me folks, I'll be taking some time off to recoup and to regroup. I hereby close the gate to all bad news. Every other person after me shall have positive testimonies to share, in Jesus Name!

#GodHasWon

Gosh! Not you again na So sorry bro! Speechless!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 6:18pm On Jul 31, 2015
as you said....since its just insufficient funds, its easy to tackle.
if only you were on the thread earlier after your first refusal you would have known the 4m wont be enough...

what prog are you going for......Uni or college?
Ojekkk:

1ST APPLICATION online
APPLICATION APRIL 10

BIOMETRICS APRIL 16

DELAYED MAY 21

2ND APPLICATION Online

APPLICATION JUNE 16

BIOMETRICS JUNE 16

CALLED MEDICAL CALL JULY 22

SENT Email that I have done Upfront on JULY 23

MEDICAL PASSED JULY 24

DELAYED JULY 31
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 6:19pm On Jul 31, 2015
your finances aint the problem....the payslips are okay...
just beef up your husbands finances and you god to go....

leave all other documents as it is
Ojekkk:

I submitted my payslips and Letter of introduction from my place of work but not my SOA.

my school starts September 1, 2015. Is it possible reapply because my husband will be making up the money in his savings account to 7M for me to reapply next week.

My school does not permit deferment more than once. I defer last year cos I had a new baby.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by hayqinsbFX: 6:20pm On Jul 31, 2015
QUOTA definitely at work....
i strongly believe the Oga at the top only rechecks out the support the financial applicant has....
Chars1289:

This is clearly quota at work and rush hr period.
Good news will surely be on the rampage again.believe

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by 2grozz: 6:22pm On Jul 31, 2015
senarthor:
Please is it possible to use a medical result twice for same TRV application and what is the maximum interval?

Medical result validity is for 12months.....
So if both applications fall within the validity period......yes!! By all means.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by samade001: 6:30pm On Jul 31, 2015
As I chop trv NA God win grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by rolandy22: 6:44pm On Jul 31, 2015
hi

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by thesoj: 6:48pm On Jul 31, 2015
If you don chop TRV, abeg share your profile (dates of submission/medicals as well as documents submitted) with the community na. grin

samade001:
As I chop trv NA God win grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by soji0509: 7:07pm On Jul 31, 2015
Send me a request mail at : soji0509@yahoo.com . Cheers
semira123:
Good day my fellow nairalanders
I am new to this forum and I would like to get pchax SOP. However I have checked the former links and they are not working again. Please I would like to get a hold of this SOP asap. Pleaseee!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by onyemamuoc(m): 7:07pm On Jul 31, 2015
thesoj:
Your student account statement is as good as a tuition payment receipt. Just make sure you explain in your SOP (or your sponsor's letter) that the funds were transferred to cover your tuition for one year (or however long). Also attach a transfer receipt from your uncle/sponsor, showing it was he that transferred it.

The insurance policy thing you mention sounds dodgy! I can't for the life of me see how an insurance policy person would "do something" to arrange a visa for you sharp sharp. Tell him/her to explain exactly what will be done. In any case, I suggest you ignore this officer unless it is explained and sounds plausible and legal! Even still, I would ignore this offer. Sounds like the person is trying to sell you snake oil.

As per the bank statement, yes the inflow and outflow matters BUT the balance as of the date it was printed matters considerably! I'm not as concerned about the money in the account going down after the statement has been submitted... the embassy can only legally verify the authenticity of the statement not the content of the account after the statement date. But, keep in mind that the embassy reserves the right to (at a future date) ask you to send them an updated copy of the balance statement after or before your medicals -- this happened to someone in one of the earlier parts of this thread (but this rarely happens sha, from what we see on this thread).

Also, if you have these concerns, have you considered getting a co-sponsor? N4m is a bit small given that you are effectively going for a four-year program and annual costs would be at least $18,000CAD ($8000CAD tuition + $10,000CAD living expenses).

A fixed deposit in your name is not a bad idea, as long as its maturity is when you would need the money for school. You may need to explain this in your SOP.

ok thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by chrisviral(m): 7:09pm On Jul 31, 2015
senarthor:

How are they going to send your result or they will just track it through your UCL number?

They have a medical IMEI on each e-medical receipt, that's how CIC does the tracking, I think, what matters is the answer to your question is YES.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by jayooh: 7:10pm On Jul 31, 2015
What research area sir, how did you go about the academic advisor?can I get the love letter you wrote your supervisor?

obtwice:
hi....congrats.....I applied also 2 U of M bt dey didn't require TOEFL...dey placed nig on dir exemption list...applied 4 Msc civil eng. Winter 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by MidnightinParis: 7:18pm On Jul 31, 2015
jayooh:
What research area sir, how did you go about the academic advisor?can I get the love letter you wrote your supervisor?

Eh eh...it is well oo grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by funmi14: 7:18pm On Jul 31, 2015
This is too bad of CIC- only the affected can feel the pain.
But in it all... IT IS WELL. #Godwin.

Jengbetiele:

Woww!!!! This is so unbelievable!! from medicals passed to refusal again....I heard the case of someone who got medical call and got refused for the same reasons as yours!!! It is well bro, regroup and refire and try ensure its not so close to the 'rush' period.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by jayooh: 7:18pm On Jul 31, 2015
Hello
Please, could you help with tips on getting academic supervisor at manitoba? I need one seriously.
Thanks

MidnightinParis:

I'm for University of Manitoba. Watzup?

My TRV is still in process....so, not yet in Canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 7:22pm On Jul 31, 2015
10M showed in my transaction history just few days before application and I still got trv mind you that was almost the closing balance, the major question is how good is the total credit it comparison to the total debit?
hayqinsbFX:
lodging a huge sum is wrong.
it has to be built up in transaction history..

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by funmi14: 7:23pm On Jul 31, 2015
Hummm... my brother, is more than 4m of a thing. Mine after medical stil insufficient fund with 33m sponsor acct closing balance, personal 2m fixed deposit, salary acct 1.1m, Dom. acct of around $5k+ et al (All to tackle previous reason of insufficient fund). Maybe they are expecting us to have 1Billion in our acct like Dangote son.
#CIC quagmire.

hayqinsbFX:
as you said....since its just insufficient funds, its easy to tackle.
if only you were on the thread earlier after your first refusal you would have known the 4m wont be enough...

what prog are you going for......Uni or college?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by funmi14: 7:25pm On Jul 31, 2015
Pls which schl is that, Dalhousie? because I cant just start hunting for admission again... #DamnDiscouraging.

Ojekkk:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 8 by TheBae: 7:27pm On Jul 31, 2015
Lol after you've brought it up. But then again, they won't hear word. Nobody has time to argue it again
hayqinsbFX:

#hibernating

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (401)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.