Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,270 members, 7,815,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

The average Nigerians are the most shortsighted/one dimension people in Africa. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The average Nigerians are the most shortsighted/one dimension people in Africa. (1276 Views)

Some Ways Average Nigerians Promote Corruption / Oil Facilities Sabotage: Are Ijaw-Youths Shortsighted? / The Average Nigerian Will Make 18% Less In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The average Nigerians are the most shortsighted/one dimension people in Africa. by Dollyak(f): 9:18am On Jun 09, 2015
Nigerians are the most obedient set of human species that I have ever seen and they are excellent copy-cats of their leaders. They sheepishly follow the foot-steps and direction of their leaders without questioning.

When are we going to wake up in this country? You have polticians milking the country dry and yet people are very quick to praise them for doing basic things like payment of salaries. Every time on nl you see people attacking each other over polticians who either embezzled or are embezzling billions of Naira through budget allocations, exorbitant allowance, loans for imaginary project etc.

More than 1 million Brazillians protested last year to demand for a better governance, but instead all we do at best is to show our frustration online with no action in real life.

It's ridiculous how these politicians are getting away with this, so my question is what can we do to force the polticians to cut their salaries, allowance as well as demand for a better governance, because at the moment it seems our vote is not powerful enough to effect change, as we keep voting for the elites choices

We need to demand a change to the structural systems that reward this failures, we call polticians.

How can we achieve this?

cc: Barcanista gbawe and Co. interested in you guy's views

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The average Nigerians are the most shortsighted/one dimension people in Africa. by SimeonD: 9:30am On Jun 09, 2015
(1) by praying for right leadership
(2) we may have to carry placards in peaceful protest
Re: The average Nigerians are the most shortsighted/one dimension people in Africa. by Dollyak(f): 9:36am On Jun 09, 2015
SimeonD:
(1) by praying for right leadership
(2) we may have to carry placards in peaceful protest
We have been praying for years with no changes, so it's obvious something else needs to be done. I don't think a placard will make a lot of difference either tbh.

6 Likes

Re: The average Nigerians are the most shortsighted/one dimension people in Africa. by wordcat(m): 10:03am On Jun 09, 2015
Egyptian way,, the only way.

2 Likes

Re: The average Nigerians are the most shortsighted/one dimension people in Africa. by horlabiyi(m): 10:20am On Jun 09, 2015
Sigh
Re: The average Nigerians are the most shortsighted/one dimension people in Africa. by Nobody: 10:27am On Jun 09, 2015
First we will need a political but non-partisan movement though members may dcide to be part of political parties individually. Membership of this movement will/should not be opened to every Dick, Tom and Harry, but rather only those that mean business. The group will formulate a clear plan on short, mid and long term objectives. The group will be involved in policy debate, protests and recommendations to governnment and poolicymakers. The group must have the objective of producing young leaders to take over leadership positions in any capacity. The group shouldn't be exclusively online.

I have said it repeatedly that as long as we continue doing the same thing we shall continue to whine.

2 Likes

Re: The average Nigerians are the most shortsighted/one dimension people in Africa. by cheruv: 10:35am On Jun 09, 2015
By replicating the French revolution of 1789 here..execute the political class and start the country on a fresh slate!

3 Likes

Re: The average Nigerians are the most shortsighted/one dimension people in Africa. by Awoofawo(m): 11:06am On Jun 09, 2015
Not for sale
Re: The average Nigerians are the most shortsighted/one dimension people in Africa. by Awoofawo(m): 11:11am On Jun 09, 2015
Madam, we dey ur back! You go lead the revolution? cool grin ve van pight!!!
Dollyak:

We have been praying for years with no changes, so it's obvious something else needs to be done. I don't think a placard will make a lot of difference either tbh.
Re: The average Nigerians are the most shortsighted/one dimension people in Africa. by greggles: 11:20am On Jun 09, 2015
Edited: the original post was modified and I deem it necessary to withdraw my comment

2 Likes

Re: The average Nigerians are the most shortsighted/one dimension people in Africa. by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 09, 2015
Sure! I share your fears on politicians infiltration. Remember I started by saying the group will not be for everybody. Smart, visionary and intelligent people only. Let's see others opinion.
greggles:

Supported! I can help create a platform for this, free! We can start by organizing a trek nationwide to announce our seriousness and raise awareness to gain more support. I worry that politicians will infiltrate and break up this initiative into splinter groups and some other persons will also affiliate for the purpose of using it for their own selfish political reasons, but being that this is expected, we will take precautions and stay focused, we will build a very strong force

Irrespective of political affiliation, the problems of bad leadership affect all of us and we should prepare ourselves to challenge high profile authorities and leadership moving forward now and towards the next dispensation

We can make our leaders work if we have a strong force. I have researched and seen that countries and people did not get freedom on a platter of gold, they all worked for it, many died, many lived to continue, and their genearions enjoy the benefits of civilization and liberation

1 Like

Re: The average Nigerians are the most shortsighted/one dimension people in Africa. by lokoloko84(m): 12:11pm On Jun 09, 2015
Lols!An independent region each within the current geopolitical zones will solve the current nonsense in this country.
It seems most persons in this country are still at sleep.When the time comes,they will wake up.
The current structure will never work.
Re: The average Nigerians are the most shortsighted/one dimension people in Africa. by Dollyak(f): 6:04pm On Jun 09, 2015
Awoofawo:
Madam, we dey ur back! You go lead the revolution? cool grin ve van pight!!!
You need a man in a country like naija, to lead this fight na.

1 Like

Re: The average Nigerians are the most shortsighted/one dimension people in Africa. by Awoofawo(m): 6:06pm On Jun 09, 2015
So you known that....and you wan start what you can't lead or finish, ok continue...... cool
Dollyak:

Re: The average Nigerians are the most shortsighted/one dimension people in Africa. by Dollyak(f): 6:10pm On Jun 09, 2015
Awoofawo:
So you known that....and you wan start what you can't lead or finish, ok continue...... cool
I can oo, don't try me. Whether our brothers from the north will accept a woman leading them, is another thing. I am not that timid cool
Re: The average Nigerians are the most shortsighted/one dimension people in Africa. by Awoofawo(m): 6:18pm On Jun 09, 2015
grin grin Iwo gurl yi becareful, don't try and put legs for same sokoto with awon goon! Leave men matter for men to solve, PMB don said kitchen lo sure for you women! cool
Dollyak:

I can oo, don't try me. Whether our brothers from the north will accept a woman leading them, is another thing. I am not that timid cool
Re: The average Nigerians are the most shortsighted/one dimension people in Africa. by magneto(m): 6:24pm On Jun 09, 2015
Dollyak:
I like dis initiative. I will lead it.
Re: The average Nigerians are the most shortsighted/one dimension people in Africa. by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 09, 2015
OP,
You dont have a country.
Nigeria was created for Business.

The day indigenous African nations forced to be Nigerians will emerge, is the day you will have a country where political business men can no longer dictate the pace.

1 Like

Re: The average Nigerians are the most shortsighted/one dimension people in Africa. by stevecantrell: 6:47pm On Jun 09, 2015
The Americans say, if you can't beat 'em..join 'em.. I intend to join the "hijackers" from 2019...I have experienced family, uncles, aunts...who are giving me tutorials at the moment...

Hon. Desmond Elliot can relate to this.
Re: The average Nigerians are the most shortsighted/one dimension people in Africa. by Dollyak(f): 12:46pm On Jun 10, 2015
noblezone:
OP,
You dont have a country.
Nigeria was created for Business.

The day indigenous African nations forced to be Nigerians will emerge, is the day you will have a country where political business men can no longer dictate the pace.
Funny and equally sadly enough, a british man told me one of the biggest travesty by his ancestors was the forced marriage between different tribes in Nigeria. He later went on to say we can't survive with the structure currently in place in Nigeria, of which I sadly agree. Most Nigerians can't think straight at the moment, and are happy with the scrap being fed to them by politicians.

1 Like

Re: The average Nigerians are the most shortsighted/one dimension people in Africa. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 10, 2015
Dollyak:

Funny and equally sadly enough, a british man told me one of the biggest travesty by his ancestors was the forced marriage between different tribes in Nigeria. He later went on to say we can't survive with the structure currently in place in Nigeria, of which I sadly agree. Most Nigerians can't think straight at the moment, and are happy with the scrap being fed to them by politicians.

The result is
The powerful energy God gave us for creativity an productivity, is utilised to drag for power an to kill one another.
We sell our natural resources and import arms to kill one another.
The rich nations keep getting richer at our expense.

my heart gets broken when i hear Africans bragging about how they will kill fellow Africans in the name of keeping Nigeria "ONE".
it is so terrible.

3 Likes

Re: The average Nigerians are the most shortsighted/one dimension people in Africa. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 27, 2015
noblezone:

The result is
The powerful energy God gave us for creativity an productivity, is utilised to drag for power an to kill one another.
We sell our natural resources and import arms to kill one another.
The rich nations keep getting richer at our expense.

my heart gets broken when i hear Africans bragging about how they will kill fellow Africans in the name of keeping Nigeria "ONE".
it is so terrible.
chai......

(1) (Reply)

Mugabe Blasts Buhari At Au meeting / Gov.of Rivers State, Barr N.E Wike Dissolves TIMARIV. / Dss Screens Amaechi As The New Secretary To The Federal Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.