Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech (22251 Views)

Buhari Slights Senate President Saraki,Dogara In Protocol Gaffe At Budget / Senate President, Saraki, Reads Ministerial List: LIVE ON TVC / Senate President Saraki Visits Atiku Abubakar (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech by almustaphaa(m): 5:51pm On Jun 09, 2015
Senator Bukola Saraki has been elected as the President of the 8th Senate.

Saraki was unanimously elected as Senate President today, June 9, 2015, by 57 out of 108 Senators.

Read his acceptance speech below:

“I am most honoured and privileged to be elected to serve as President of the Senate. I accept with humility and respect the honour you have conferred upon me today.”

“We have today demonstrated that even though we may belong to different parties, we are ultimately united by our common desire to entrench democracy and allow its principle guide our conducts.”

“The change that our people voted for is a change from a life of poverty, misery to a life of prosperity, happiness, security and comfort, accountability and respect for democracy.”

“This is a change that all of us in the National Assembly must strive to justify. Nigerians want to see a proactive National Assembly.”

“My dear distinguished colleagues, we are entering at a time when a lot is being expected of us.”

“Nigerians expect that the new senate must make laws that will reform the oil sector, the security systems, diversify our economy, create jobs and make doing business in Nigeria more competitive.”

“In the coming days, we shall be converging to hammer out an agenda that will help us focus and deliver on the minimum expectations. I have inherited from my predecessor a great landmark.”

“May the future generation of citizens look upon the 8th National Assembly as a true assembly of our people’s representatives who did their best in the service of our nation.”

“I congratulate ourselves for this great day and the beginning of a new chapter in the history of our great Nation.”

http://www.forumspotz.net/read-full-text-of-sen-president-bukola-saraki-acceptance-speech/

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 09, 2015
Ok
Ftc, for the first time
Nothing special sha
Tinubu u c urself,still got respect for d man though

2 Likes

Re: Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech by MuguliciousMUGU: 5:53pm On Jun 09, 2015
All i can see in what he said is "change"

he keeps on repeating change

well, we don't want too much words, what we want is too much action.

More work, less talk. For a better Nigeria

9 Likes

Re: Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech by Dollyak(f): 5:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
For Nigerian's sake we can only wish you the very best in all your senatorial endeavours.

1 Like

Re: Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
K
Re: Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
Forget story

Will u perform undecided
Yes!!!! Fortes fortuna adiuvat: Fortune favours the brave!!!

2 Likes

He also wants change...good to know.

1 Like

Re: Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech by elohorayodele: 5:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
sp
Re: Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech by bolliejay(m): 5:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
9ja house of commotion!!!!
Re: Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech by Forumspotz: 5:58pm On Jun 09, 2015
Nice
Re: Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech by williams368(m): 5:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
I hear
Re: Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech by thinkdip(m): 5:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
i wonder why apc are angry, the last time i checked saraki was still part of apc, and now they are claiming he had past issues so he shouldn't emerge...i thought he was a factor and a change agent in defeating jonathan... does that means the 'change' is somewhat deceiving?
patiently watching as the drama unfolds

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech by adioolayi(m): 5:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
APC....Change!... Change at the Centre...Change at the NASS...No more godfatherism!
As for me and my house good governance we crave for!

5 Likes

Re: Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 09, 2015
Congrat!!!
Re: Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech by elohorayodele: 6:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
its a pity that most of our senators are rogues, thieves, drug barons, election fraudsters.

Saraki who wrecked SGBN

looted kwara state and installed his puppet as gov

lobbied for his crony mahmud alabi to head Intercontinental bank after Akingbola's sack just to ensure billions in loans he took were never recovered.

enjoy while your time to steal on a federal level lasts

2 Likes

Re: Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech by Indifferent(m): 6:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
When APC dey shout change! Change ! Dem no expect this kind shocking change

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech by InfoService(m): 6:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
Tailored Suits or Tux gives the best coporate look...stand out with our distinct designs, we work solely with your body measurement to give you perfect fits. Contact us today!

Phone- 070 30519590
Email- info@stylewithwsa.com
Website- www.stylewithwsa.com

1 Like

Re: Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech by yorke1: 6:00pm On Jun 09, 2015
Correct and wonderful speech. This is going to extend Tinubu days of sleepless night. Welldone...Saraki the political Taliban

7 Likes

Re: Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech by Crown01: 6:01pm On Jun 09, 2015
I still don't understand. But they said party's decision is supreme....
Re: Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech by myklangelo(m): 6:01pm On Jun 09, 2015
Saraki the Nigeria Senate President you are highly welcome. I pray you do a much better work for the progress of our country.
Bdw APC your laws are supreme to your party members. But your laws are a slave to the Nigeria Being. So respect what our senators have made to be, for peace.

The 1st Igbo language blog is out, it is fun and insightful. Visit, comment, share and criticize.www.odeniigbo..com

3 Likes

Re: Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech by folabayo1(f): 6:01pm On Jun 09, 2015
Am not interested in reading undecided
Re: Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech by Mathewa(m): 6:01pm On Jun 09, 2015
If i hear
Re: Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech by ralph28(m): 6:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
We're well seated,waiting for the positive change.
Re: Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech by chrysso83(m): 6:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
Re: Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech by redtosine(m): 6:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
God bless U
Re: Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech by lilprinze: 6:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
PDP teaching APC politics since 1999 grin

1 Like

Re: Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech by Lincoln275(m): 6:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
hmmmmmm! so we r still under PDP?
Re: Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech by amanze15(m): 6:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
K
Re: Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech by Monimatic(m): 6:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
My Senate Presido
Re: Senate President Saraki's Acceptance Speech by Lanre4uonly(m): 6:02pm On Jun 09, 2015
Selfless service is the most important thing. Congratulations and God bless our dear country, Nigeria.

For your best and latest quality stone coated roofing tiles (Bond, Classic, Shingle, Roman, Shake designs) from DS Rooftile, South Korea.

Call/Whatsapp Lanre: 07036136517.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Seals Borno House Of Assembly, As Hon Members Take To Their Heels - Nationa / Buhari Has Destroyed Nigeria’s Economy – APGA Scribe / Kankara Abduction: Northern Coalition Storms Katsina With #BringBackourBoys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.