Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,086 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. (90404 Views)

Less Competitive Universities In Nigeria You Can Easily Gain Admission In 2017 / Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG / Please I Need Good Universities For My Masters' Degree In UK. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by 2dillu2(m): 2:35pm On Jun 10, 2015
jamex93:
that list is not complete with out ABU

abi op don 4get about ABU ni
Gombe state university should have been there on top abi you pepo no know GSU ni
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by daddynasa: 2:53pm On Jun 10, 2015
stanisbaratheon:

what is PGD??
Post graduate diploma. u get a pdg if u wish to obtain a MSC from another discipline not related to yours OR if ur CGPA is not up to certain range. in some schs 3.0 or 2.8. so u no. even knw. the meaning u carry dey post cus u wan book space.

for example, u are a graduate of chemistry (first class, 2.1, 2.2 etc) nd u want to obtain. a master's degree in engineering, or social sciences etc.. u ll ve to obtain a PGD in that discipline u want the masters before u can proceed to master's. thank me my dear, atleast from today u knw what it is
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by seunfape(m): 4:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
they still dy study geology in nija? useless course.i rather go for fisheries.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Ruuhh(m): 5:34pm On Jun 10, 2015
butanep:
nor be only fut yola....na fut loya
. I only asked a question
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by stanisbaratheon: 5:34pm On Jun 10, 2015
daddynasa:
Post graduate diploma. u get a pdg if u wish to obtain a MSC from another discipline not related to yours OR if ur CGPA is not up to certain range. in some schs 3.0 or 2.8. so u no. even knw. the meaning u carry dey post cus u wan book space.

for example, u are a graduate of chemistry (first class, 2.1, 2.2 etc) nd u want to obtain. a master's degree in engineering, or social sciences etc.. u ll ve to obtain a PGD in that discipline u want the masters before u can proceed to master's. thank me my dear, atleast from today u knw what it is

thank you very much. It's not eazy to be a jambite please forgive me.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by daddynasa: 5:52pm On Jun 10, 2015
stanisbaratheon:

thank you very much. It's not eazy to be a jambite please forgive me.
Welcum dear. u ll get there
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by johnsonjosbles(m): 6:28pm On Jun 10, 2015
butanep:
Sorry it was typo-graphic error. Before I could correct it, the thread has made front page.

... so I couldn't do anything to it... UNIMAID are not MAD now...
that's my sweet op, tthanks you that my school make that list! You see when you mention unimaid, some people think its an islamic school and people there are dump. I graduated from that school 2008, and I'm from osun state. Unimaid were recognise as the best university in the following feeds: eart surgery(medicine),best in law(2006),best in economics&acounting(2004),best in Vet medicine till date,science feeds are outstanding,but our engineering is among he worst. Thanks once again op.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by jamex93(m): 7:31pm On Jun 10, 2015
2dillu2:
Gombe state university should have been there on top abi you pepo no know GSU ni

lolx

me no know oo
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 7:37pm On Jun 10, 2015
johnsonjosbles:
that's my sweet op, tthanks you that my school make that list! You see when you mention unimaid, some people think its an islamic school and people there are dump. I graduated from that school 2008, and I'm from osun state. Unimaid were recognise as the best university in the following feeds: eart surgery(medicine),best in law(2006),best in economics&acounting(2004),best in Vet medicine till date,science feeds are outstanding,but our engineering is among he worst. Thanks once again op.
Many people think the school is not that good because it is located far in the north... But I know UNIMAID to be a very sound school in certain discipline. I told a guy here that before the insecurity problem UNIMAID was the second best in Geology after OAU.

The security issues has really affected the ranking of the school but it is still very sound. I have been able to meet one or two persons from the school. Their performance was really amazing.

What course did you study? Am a graduate of Geology, from UNIBEN.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by johnsonjosbles(m): 7:41pm On Jun 10, 2015
butanep:
Many people think the school is not that good because it is located far in the north... But I know UNIMAID to be a very sound school in certain discipline. I told a guy here that before the insecurity problem UNIMAID was the second best in Geology after OAU.

The security issues has really affected the ranking of the school but it is still very sound. I have been able to meet one or two persons from the school. Their performance was really amazing.

What course did you study? Am a graduate of Geology, from UNIBEN.
biochemisttry and I'm working with Limi hospital in abuja. Thanks op

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 7:43pm On Jun 10, 2015
daddynasa:

don't mind those attacking you... I understand what you mean and you are correct.

PGD is not only for third class graduate but if you decide to run a master program outside your discipline...
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 8:08pm On Jun 10, 2015
johnsonjosbles:
biochemisttry and I'm working with Limi hospital in abuja. Thanks op
Good one...

Thump up
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by writemeshyahoo: 8:29pm On Jun 10, 2015
butanep:
Geology/ Geophysic is a hot cake now in Nigeria especially in the petroleum sector. The most important thing about the course(s) is its diversification. With the increasing demand of oil and the exploration of new oil wells, search of underground water in complex terrain, building of dams and bridges, just to mention a few, geology/ geophysics will still remain relevant even till the next century.

Graduate with a good result in the field will always smile to the bank when employed in any of the oil sector or construction firm or hydrological ministries/firms.

They are only few universities in Nigeria that can boast of good geology department with sound theoretical, practical and field knowledge.

Here are list of universities that give the best in geology and can also boast of sound and competent geologist both home and abroad.

1 Obafemi Awolowo University ( OAU)

2 University OF Ibadan

3 University OF Jos (UNIJOS)

4 University OF Benin ( UNIBEN)

5 University Of Nigeria Nsuka

6 University Of Maidiguri ( UNIMAD)

7 Federal University Of Technology Akure (FUTA)

8 Federal University Of Technology Owerri (FUTO)

9 Federal University Of Technology Mina.

10 University Of Portharcort ( UNIPORT)

11 University Of Ilorin ( UNIlORIN)

12 Delta State University Abraka

13 University Of Calabar. (UNICAL)

14 Federal University Of petroleum Resources (FUPRE )

15 Ajayi Crowther university Oyo.

So if you intend to study geology or geophysic, you need to consider any of the listed university. They are the best in the field of Geoscience.

Cc lalasticlala

Hmmm no Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka.......then u must be joking bro.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by GLOBALINF: 8:41pm On Jun 10, 2015
Admission is on

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 9:03pm On Jun 10, 2015
Calm down... Nnamdi Azikiwe is good but not among the first 15...
writemeshyahoo:

Hmmm no Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka.......then u must be joking bro.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 9:08pm On Jun 10, 2015
seunfape:
they still dy study geology in nija? useless course.i rather go for fisheries.
what do you know? When you are ignorant, you let people inform you...

Whatever you study is your choice....
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by wayodude(m): 9:17pm On Jun 10, 2015
All rubbish...there is NO university in Nigeria.

My sincere apologies to all.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by oote: 2:47am On Jun 11, 2015
kopite:
OP, the calibre or potency of d study of geology in any school is a function of proximity to prevalent geological features in dat area and proximity to industry. If yu school in d north and some west, yu will be exposed to lots of hard rock. But in d south south schools, yu are exposed to soft ( sedimentary rocks n sedimentology) related areas. Uniport, unical, Futo, and a bit of unibadan offer yu dis brand. They hv lots of access to oil industry exposure. I will advice yu do a uniport or calabar. I got my MSC from ibadan and can tell yu more on all options. Currently working in an oil company.
Kopite wch set for UI MSc?
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by oote: 10:16am On Jun 11, 2015
fabulous85:
fellow geologist,does anyone have a terrameter or resistivity meter for sale? Or can you direct me to someone that imports the equipment? My number is 08038302420
Call this number of Solid Earth Resources - 07032028109. Tell the coy you're from OOTE.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by TRADELYN: 11:12am On Jun 11, 2015
butanep:
I ve... will reply you later...
You have a mail.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by invisibleman2: 10:35pm On Apr 02, 2016
please can someone tell me the course duration for geology
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by invisibleman2: 10:36pm On Apr 02, 2016
please can someone tell me the course duration for geology ie is it a 4 year course or a 5 year course
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Esyb: 12:16am On May 08, 2016
[quote author=oote post=34644957]
Kopite, i intend to study the same Msc course in U.I. On a scale of 1-10 and irrespective of the kind of rocks available for practical purposes, how would you rate U.I and what will you rate UNN. Thanks
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Esyb: 12:20am On May 08, 2016
oote:

Pls, do tell abt the Msc options in geophysics, U.I.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by ELYMAXiimus(m): 8:18pm On May 13, 2016
cmax16:
My younger brother was one of the best graduating student from uniben in his set, with a sharp 2:1, he has a masters, a pgd, he has even been accepted for his PhD all in uniben, yet no job.

Abeg make Una help, those that can. Is there something he isn't doing correctly? E don dey turn stories that touch o.
Where exactly is he having issues -- does he go for interviews or he isn't even called at all after cv submission?
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by ruqqayah(f): 2:01am On Dec 05, 2016
I have
Math:c5
Geo:b2
Eng:b3
Phy:c4
Chem:c6
FMath:e8
Bio:b3.
I had done ijmb to study Agric econs and farm management, but lost my admission this year. Have had *12* please points out of sixteen point in IJMB A-LEVEL. Next year is here, I have to take JAMB and another DE form. I now want to study Geology, I like Uni Ib, unilag Nd unilorin. Please what do you think, now that o level is very important?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is This The Highest Score In The Ongoing 2017 JAMB? / UNICAL Student, Adaeze Nnamani Dies After A Party / Any Latest News On Assu Strike?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.