Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. (90344 Views)

Less Competitive Universities In Nigeria You Can Easily Gain Admission In 2017 / Adeyeye Olorunfemi: "I Don’t Regret My Action" — Student Rusticated By UNILAG / Please I Need Good Universities For My Masters' Degree In UK. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 10, 2015
OP, dis info is misleading... Hot cake ko, Hot dog ni, if u AR determined to work in oil and gas u beta go and do mechanical, petroleum or chemical engineering...if u enter geoscience it will take diving intervention to get oil job without a foreign MSc oo... And you forgot to mention dy usually overstay d 4yrs
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by kaima1984(f): 7:45am On Jun 10, 2015
PROUDLY GEOLOGIST
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by McSterling(m): 7:49am On Jun 10, 2015
conyema12:
What is UNN doing on that list when they can't boost of 3 sound Professors. All they have is Amobi, Mode, Ugwu that can't even define Geology in their own words..bunch o lunatics
How about Professor C. Okogbue?
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by falaxy(m): 7:52am On Jun 10, 2015
butanep:
Geology/ Geophysic is a hot cake now in Nigeria especially in the petroleum sector. The most important thing about the course(s) is its diversification. With the increasing demand of oil and the exploration of new oil wells, search of underground water in complex terrain, building of dams and bridges, just to mention a few, geology/ geophysics will still remain relevant even till the next century.

Graduate with a good result in the field will always smile to the bank when employed in any of the oil sector or construction firm or hydrological ministries/firms.

They are only few universities in Nigeria that can boast of good geology department with sound theoretical, practical and field knowledge.

Here are list of universities that give the best in geology and can also boast of sound and competent geologist both home and abroad.

1 Obafemi Awolowo University ( OAU)

2 University OF Ibadan

3 University OF Jos (UNIJOS)

4 University OF Benin ( UNIBEN)

5 University Of Nigeria Nsuka

6 University Of Maidiguri ( UNIMAD)

7 Federal University Of Technology Akure (FUTA)

8 Federal University Of Technology Owerri (FUTO)

9 Federal University Of Technology Mina.

10 University Of Portharcort ( UNIPORT)

11 University Of Ilorin ( UNIlORIN)

12 Delta State University Abraka

13 University Of Calabar. (UNICAL)

14 Federal University Of petroleum Resources (FUPRE )

15 Ajayi Crowther university Oyo.

So if you intend to study geology or geophysic, you need to consider any of the listed university. They are the best in the field of Geoscience.

Cc lalasticlala
] OGA ITS FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY MINNA NOT mina
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by McSterling(m): 7:52am On Jun 10, 2015
iyke926:

Dr. Smart Obiora is very intelligent, stubborn and a legendary puss-y hound...ehn like woman pass air.
E be like say everybody know this man. A true petrological lecher! Hehehe... But he makes petrology so damn interesting. It often felt like I was eating a delicious meal.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by TRADELYN: 8:02am On Jun 10, 2015
Dear butanep,

We need to discuss something with you.

Please email us/leave your email address.

Regards!
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by sanandreas(m): 8:09am On Jun 10, 2015
hardbody:

No state university is recommended for anyone i know. No offense intended.

If only u are serious there is no panic. People still have first class but not as much as federal unis.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 8:13am On Jun 10, 2015
lonelydora:

No. I'm a super lion. Left UNN 10 years ago.
sorry dear for bringing u back. Congratulations. I hope U enjoyed the den during ur stay?

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by rocknation62(m): 8:14am On Jun 10, 2015
snazzy5050:
smileyWe rep uniben....... 3 gboza for the greatest uniben students wink. #Irep Uniben #Irep Management sciences #Irep Accounting and finally #Rep Ekosodin...you knw wat it is

Hmmmmmmm @UNIMAD (university madness) cry
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by rocknation62(m): 8:21am On Jun 10, 2015
shilexholly:
What is geology?
This is nairaland and not a search engine...you can make use of Google
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by rocknation62(m): 8:22am On Jun 10, 2015
shilexholly:
What is geology?
This is nairaland and not a search engine...you can make use of Google. U HEARD?
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 8:22am On Jun 10, 2015
Mourin:
LOL i'm nt studing geology, i'm just representin my school.
Cool... all the best.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 8:24am On Jun 10, 2015
ayusco85:

OP what criteria did u used to arrive at this ranking? did u visit each school and did ur research or its based on guessing or hear say? i need to know because am Geologist from UNIJOS, currently serving. so pls tell me what criteria u used. thanks

last bullet: @ the bolded, u are very correct.

I am a geologist that have travel far & wide... my source is from Nigerian Geological Society...
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 8:24am On Jun 10, 2015
ayusco85:

OP what criteria did u used to arrive at this ranking? did u visit each school and did ur research or its based on guessing or hear say? i need to know because am Geologist from UNIJOS, currently serving. so pls tell me what criteria u used. thanks

last bullet: @ the bolded, u are very correct.

I am a geologist that has travel far & wide... my source is from Nigerian Geological Society...
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 8:26am On Jun 10, 2015
johnsonjosbles:
op don't be mad, you called my school UNIMAD, it is UNIMAID.the best conventional university.
Sorry it was typo-graphic error. Before I could correct it, the thread has made front page.

... so I couldn't do anything to it... UNIMAID are not MAD now...
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by rocknation62(m): 8:28am On Jun 10, 2015
babamadiba:
Gorgeous Agricola a medical doctor turned geologist discovered the course geology. He was born 1494 and died 1555. I'm proud to be a geologist.
You must be very good in History...keep it up

1 Like

Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 8:29am On Jun 10, 2015
falaxy:
] OGA ITS FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY MINNA NOT mina
sorry... its typo-graphic error... before I could correct it, the thread has made front page...

... what is important is that you know what am talking about...
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 8:31am On Jun 10, 2015
TRADELYN:
Dear butanep,

We need to discuss something with you.

Please email us/leave your email address.

Regards!
Malomiprosper@gmail.com

Please who are the we?
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by rocknation62(m): 8:33am On Jun 10, 2015
Lasgidy1:
Ur mumu don ripe
lolz...very funny
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 8:38am On Jun 10, 2015
geobukky:
OP, dis info is misleading... Hot cake ko, Hot dog ni, if u AR determined to work in oil and gas u beta go and do mechanical, petroleum or chemical engineering...if u enter geoscience it will take diving intervention to get oil job without a foreign MSc oo... And you forgot to mention dy usually overstay d 4yrs
So what is mis-leading about the information. Everybody can't study engineering. Engineer has his role in oil exploration and geologist has his role.

Engineer has his role in construction of bridges and dams and geologist has his role.

Who does the geo-seismic survey in oil exploration? Who determine the shear strength of a soil or rock during dam or bridges construction?

Please don't say what you don't know... just learn...
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Caseless: 8:38am On Jun 10, 2015
jamex93:
that list is not complete with out ABU

abi op don 4get about ABU ni
the op called butanep is deranged. I'm a product of department geology, A.B.U. I can assure you that I have not stood with a geology graduate from other universities in Nigeria who can put me on my toes.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by ELYMAXiimus(m): 8:41am On Jun 10, 2015
aspirants should come to uniben....

but be ready to a bookworm if you want a good gp... first year result matters a lot...
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by sassy247(m): 8:43am On Jun 10, 2015
For fut minna there lectures are sadist, they will fustrate ur life if I av enemy I won't even advice him\her to go dia to study geology.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 8:46am On Jun 10, 2015
Caseless:
the op called butanep is deranged. I'm a product of department geology, A.B.U. I can assure you that I have not stood with a geology graduate from other universities in Nigeria who can put me on my toes.
Your school is not there doesn't mean you should insult me...

Geologist are very civil but you didn't display such trait. You talk like those that exist during the precambrian ... please wise up because you are product of the Holocene...

You might be good as well as your school but ABU is not among the first 15 schools. It might be among the first 20 or 25. ABU geology is living by past glory...

Please be civil next time you talk with people....
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 8:48am On Jun 10, 2015
ELYMAXiimus:
aspirants should come to uniben....

but be ready to a bookworm if you want a good gp... first year result matters a lot...
are you in uniben?
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 10, 2015
See this one oo... Hw many geoscience vacancy have u spotted this year... For evry geoscientist dy take 20 engineers ... Production pays d bills nt exploration
butanep:
So what is mis-leading about the information. Everybody can't study engineering. Engineer has his role in oil exploration and geologist has his role.

Engineer has his role in construction of bridges and dams and geologist has his role.

Who does the geo-seismic survey in oil exploration? Who determine the shear strength of a soil or rock during dam or bridges construction?

Please don't say what you don't know... just learn...
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 8:50am On Jun 10, 2015
gdamola:
The only way 4 dat list to be complete is to exclude Unilag fom that list..Geoscience dept @ Unilag is a write off,Only few lectures are active..Infact just one in Geophysics(Ayolabi)..Jambites if u really want 2 do geoscieces ..Run away from unilag like a plague..dey will only take ur money and adds no knowledge
that's why my list didn't include Unilag... geology is still emerging there.... Geology is in the holocene age in unilag
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by ELYMAXiimus(m): 8:50am On Jun 10, 2015
africandictator:
boss your list is incomplete without unilag
unilag do not offer the course well.
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 8:58am On Jun 10, 2015
geobukky:
See this one oo... Hw many geoscience vacancy have u spotted this year... For evry geoscientist dy take 20 engineers ... Production pays d bills nt exploration
Exploration cost more than production. They take engineers... yes. why will you compare engineering which is a faculty to geology\geophysic which is a dept.

The exploration team consist of geologist, geophycist, chemical engineers, petroleum engineers, mechanical engineers,... maybe two or more for each depending on the degree of exploration. So what is your own...

Good things never come easy. There are still many engineers out there with good results that are jobless... so don't limit it to geologist...

Job is grace not your area of discipline...
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by ayusco85(m): 9:00am On Jun 10, 2015
butanep:
I am a geologist that have travel far & wide... my source is from Nigerian Geological Society...

Ur source is very wrong. Uni illorin should be above UniMaid
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by jamex93(m): 9:04am On Jun 10, 2015
Caseless:

na so!
Re: 15 Good Universities In Nigeria You Can Study Geology/geophysic Without Regret. by butanep(m): 9:05am On Jun 10, 2015
ayusco85:

Ur source is very wrong. Uni illorin should be above UniMaid
hmmmm... I laugh you... the list is of no order of preference...

To correct you... UNIMAID was the second best in geology after OAU. just that the BOKO-HARAM is the major problem drawing the school back... but they still top despite the insecurity issue.

Unilorin is good... I didn't dispute that...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"I Didn't Get Admitted To OOU Because I Am Too Beautiful" - Young Lady / Teacher Demands Sex From Student Of Nuco Comprehensive Secondary School, Uyo / Is This The Highest Score In The Ongoing 2017 JAMB?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.