Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,221 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Christ Is Christianity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christ Is Christianity (581 Views)

How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. / Is Christianity A Religion Of Peace / Jesus Christ Is God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christ Is Christianity by Hiswordxray(m): 6:43am On Jun 10, 2015
What is Christianity? Is it another religion? Has God given us another religion? But if you know God well enough you would realize that He hates religion. Looking at the life of Jesus on earth, he always criticize the religious people, he openly rebuke them using words that someone as holy as him shouldn't use. Yes it's clear that God hates religion but how could He have given us another religion? No Christianity is not a religion. I know that many Christian will node their heads in agreement to this and say "yes Christianity is not a religion but a way of life". Well, that too is not correct. I once heard a Muslim preacher say Islam is not a religion but a code of conduct. What then is a code of conduct, isn't it morality? Morality is the key element of every religion. Every religion has a code of conduct so saying Islam is a code of conduct is the same thing as saying Islam is a religion. The modern world has this innovative culture i.e we try to re-package everything making it look different, but that doesn't change anything. Religion embodies every element of a culture. And culture is a way of life, therefore saying Christianity is a way of life or a lifestyle is another way of saying Christianity is a religion.
What then is Christianity? Christianity is Christ. The apostles never saw Christianity as another religion in fact they thought they were still a part of Judaism. All they knew was that the man called Jesus must be declared for all the world to believe that he is both Lord and God. They declared Christ not just with words but with power and with there lives. They live to express Jesus and reveal him to the world through their lives and demonstration of power. This is the reason they were called Christians, the world saw Christ through their lives. No, the world didn't see a organized service, they didn't see a religious book, not a set of doctrines, they didn't observed a lifestyle, a code of conduct, some religious rituals (patterns of behavior) not even a culture. All they saw was a person living through them. They saw a person in the lives of those apostles and the person they saw was Christ Jesus. It was Christ that they saw that made them call the apostles Christians. Therefore Christianity is nothing else but Christ. It is the life of Christ brother expressed through the believers. Christianity is not about reading the Bible, going to church, being holy, following some teachings, doctrines or an important figure in history and it is certainly not about various activities we do this days. Christianity is simply about expressing and unveiling Christ not just with words but with power and with our lives.
Re: Christ Is Christianity by sakafish(m): 6:50am On Jun 10, 2015
Re: Christ Is Christianity by grandbosz(f): 8:53am On Jun 10, 2015
hmmm well all i know is that being a Christian is simply living a Christ like life [color=#990000][/color]
http://www.truegospelzone.com
Re: Christ Is Christianity by sonmvayina(m): 7:44pm On Jun 12, 2015
I used to think that christ was the most important thing in christainity..but alas i was wrong..it is the devil..because it is the devil that has kept them in business all these while..
Re: Christ Is Christianity by Hiswordxray(m): 8:36am On Jun 27, 2015
Christianity is neither a religion or a way of life but it is a Life and this Life is a person called Jesus Christ. Therefore Christianity is Christ.
Re: Christ Is Christianity by mustymatic(m): 1:22pm On Jun 27, 2015
I doubt if there's any word in the Bible called Christianity what's jesus religion?
Re: Christ Is Christianity by Hiswordxray(m): 2:05pm On Jun 28, 2015
mustymatic:
I doubt if there's any word in the Bible called Christianity what's jesus religion?
Are you an atheist?
Re: Christ Is Christianity by mustymatic(m): 5:58am On Jun 30, 2015
Hiswordxray:
Are you an atheist?
No!
Re: Christ Is Christianity by Hiswordxray(m): 6:36am On Feb 06, 2016
hiswordxray..com

(1) (Reply)

South Africa Must Be Free From The Power Of Darkness / Who Will You Thank For The Fact That You Are Able To Experience Sleep? / The Anatomical And Physiological Details Of Death By Crucifixion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.