Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,532 members, 7,816,300 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

RRS Had 37 Guns When I Became Governor - Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RRS Had 37 Guns When I Became Governor - Fashola (1364 Views)

Obasanjo’s Reference To Salamigate Confirmed Fayemi Became Governor By Fraud / Lagos RRS Had 37 Guns When I Became Governor – Fashola / RRS Had Only 37 Guns When I Became Governor - Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RRS Had 37 Guns When I Became Governor - Fashola by lolaxavier(m): 7:10am On Jun 10, 2015
The immediate past Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, says that when he took over as governor in 2007, the Rapid Response Squad, which is an arm of the Lagos State Police Command set up to respond to emergencies within the state, had only 37 guns.

The Senior Advocate of Nigeria, however, said after investing heavily in equipment for the police, the capability of the police was boosted, thereby leading to a huge reduction in the rate of crime in the state.

Fashola said this during a programme on Channels Television titled “View from the top,” on Monday.

He said, “We need to provide equipment and resource for security personnel. If they do not have equipment and resource, they will not be able to do their work. One of the things I found out at the security town hall meeting was that the Rapid Response Squad that was responsible for responding to violent crimes, had only 37 rifles at the time.

“And that was the period when we had bank robberies almost every day of the week. People forget that now. We had robberies and carjacking and what we used to see was that police would respond after the robbers had gone.

“So, during my first meeting with them, I asked them why they arrived at crime scenes late and we learnt there were no vehicles, no fuel supply and more importantly, they did not have enough guns. Most of the guns were at the police stations and the RRS of almost 2,000 personnel had only 37 guns.”

Fashola said his administration started life insurance policy for the policemen and also acquired bulletproof vests and thousands of patrol vehicles to make their jobs easier.

He said the policemen were paid monthly allowance to augment the salaries they received from the Federal Government.

Fashola, who left a debt of over N150bn for his successor, Akinwunmi Ambode, said he did not regret procuring loans to finance capital intensive projects as this was the practice in developed nations.

http://www.punchng.com/news/rrs-had-37-guns-when-i-became-governor-fashola/

Re: RRS Had 37 Guns When I Became Governor - Fashola by Hishowlau(m): 7:12am On Jun 10, 2015
hmmmm
Re: RRS Had 37 Guns When I Became Governor - Fashola by ladyteska(f): 7:16am On Jun 10, 2015
so?....what is the point?,i dont get it
Re: RRS Had 37 Guns When I Became Governor - Fashola by lolaxavier(m): 7:17am On Jun 10, 2015
Fashola, I dey observe your tactics o. U dey try talk say Tinubu no do anything for Lagos be dat abi...
Re: RRS Had 37 Guns When I Became Governor - Fashola by Amastermovic(m): 7:26am On Jun 10, 2015
next topic gun wey be sey na to scare innocent people without ammunition... TO SCARE LAGOSIAN U USED THEM TO SCARE PEOPLE AWAY WITH UR TASKFORCE WAHALA.. MTCHEEW NXT
Re: RRS Had 37 Guns When I Became Governor - Fashola by lolaxavier(m): 7:35am On Jun 10, 2015
Amastermovic:
next topic gun wey be sey na to scare innocent people without ammunition... TO SCARE LAGOSIAN U USED THEM TO SCARE PEOPLE AWAY WITH UR TASKFORCE WAHALA.. MTCHEEW NXT

Re: RRS Had 37 Guns When I Became Governor - Fashola by baski92(m): 7:48am On Jun 10, 2015
At list you tired..... Minister sure you
Re: RRS Had 37 Guns When I Became Governor - Fashola by lolaxavier(m): 7:49am On Jun 10, 2015
baski92:
At list you tired..... Minister sure you

Gbagaunnnnnn grin
Re: RRS Had 37 Guns When I Became Governor - Fashola by HisRoyalHardnes(m): 8:06am On Jun 10, 2015
Yeah we all know Tinubu is worse than T A Orji ... Keep confirmning it sir.
Re: RRS Had 37 Guns When I Became Governor - Fashola by SweetJoystick(m): 8:31am On Jun 10, 2015
37 guns? Any document to back up this claim?
Re: RRS Had 37 Guns When I Became Governor - Fashola by olasmith10(m): 8:43am On Jun 10, 2015
Re: RRS Had 37 Guns When I Became Governor - Fashola by stinggy(m): 9:35am On Jun 10, 2015
Well that's your work Mr. Fash, I see no reason for making noise on this afterall you didn't buy those guns with your personal money.
And how much does it cost to purchase guns as against what you budgeted for it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RRS Had 37 Guns When I Became Governor - Fashola by stevecantrell: 10:04am On Jun 10, 2015
ladyteska:
so?....what is the point?,i dont get it

You're supposed to clap for him.
Re: RRS Had 37 Guns When I Became Governor - Fashola by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 10, 2015
stinggy:
Well that's your work Mr. Fash, I see no reason for making noise on this afterall you didn't buy those guns with your personal money.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: RRS Had 37 Guns When I Became Governor - Fashola by mrmetoo1: 10:37am On Jun 10, 2015
stinggy:

Errmm maybe he was asked a question that required the response he gave.
Re: RRS Had 37 Guns When I Became Governor - Fashola by lolaxavier(m): 10:42am On Jun 10, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Errmm maybe he was asked a question that required the response he gave.

Re: RRS Had 37 Guns When I Became Governor - Fashola by stinggy(m): 10:50am On Jun 10, 2015
Re: RRS Had 37 Guns When I Became Governor - Fashola by southsouthman: 11:17am On Jun 10, 2015
Is Fashola trying to fight Tinubu dirty as he tries to unsuccessfully stop Fash from been given appointment by Buhari. This is what you should have done since. You almost allow this Thieftubu to ruin your political career. I am happy you are beginning to be a man of your own.
Re: RRS Had 37 Guns When I Became Governor - Fashola by yorke1: 11:17am On Jun 10, 2015
How true can this be
Re: RRS Had 37 Guns When I Became Governor - Fashola by baski92(m): 11:30am On Jun 10, 2015
lolaxavier:

Gbagaunnnnnn grin
na u get ur mouth
Re: RRS Had 37 Guns When I Became Governor - Fashola by lolaxavier(m): 12:02pm On Jun 10, 2015
yorke1:
How true can this be

Why can't this be true? Should it come as a surprise to you?
Re: RRS Had 37 Guns When I Became Governor - Fashola by Ymodulus: 12:41pm On Jun 10, 2015
Now I am fully convinced that the bank robbery some few months backs during the the former president Jonathan's campaign visit to Lagos was caused by the former president as rightly said by Fashola months back. But PDP criticized him and called him a liar. Now the truth is out.

This isn't far fetched. President Jonathan was in town that day and according to the Lagos State Police Command, more than 2,000 men and women of the Police Force were on streets for that special assignment. It is not improbable that the robers capitalised on the shift in attention of security men and an unconscionable allocation of public security resources.

Jonathan caused the bank robbery.

(1) (Reply)

Impeachment Loading.. / Twelve(12) Senators Will Die Before The End Of 2015-Abuja Prophet / Buhari Approves N160 To $1 For Christian Pilgrims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.